Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rediscovered sims medieval

griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Decided to play sims medieval again and enjoying it. Does anyone else still play? I wish they'd release a sequel...
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've never played. How good is it?
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I love TSM! Hm, maybe I should fire it up again sometime. Are you playing on Windows 10?
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I miss Sims Castaway lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I miss Sims Castaway lol.

I loved the Sims 2 Castaway, such a good game.
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'm playing on a mac, it runs pretty well. For those that haven't played it- it isn't a typical sims game, it is more rpg-lite in that your sims always have some sort of goal or quest. Also, it uses the sims 1 aging system (no death by old age). However, the medieval setting is super fun and there is actual drinking, religion, fights to the death, and a lot of other stuff not really seen before in sims games.
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    Medieval had a lot of potential but they seemed to just give up on it which was a shame. I do still play every once in a while but never for long, the quests an be quite repetitive and sandbox mode is limited. Wish they'd fleshed it out a bit more but what I do still have fun with it!
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    i wish they would get new stuff for
    tsm, I still play the game.
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    It's so great, I just started a new save... the monarch is a flamboyant and not hetero but I am pretending he is feeling pressured from his father to marry and create heirs (like Braveheart style) should be a fun story!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My king usually leans that way, too (as my avatar would suggest xD) but marriage and heirs are a matter of state, not of the heart, as far as he is concerned. Current kingdom may be a bit different, as I am on King Simrey VIII, and plan for him to have six wives if I can. Need to get a monastery and cathedral up, however, if he is going to be able to divorce. :D
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    My king usually leans that way, too (as my avatar would suggest xD) but marriage and heirs are a matter of state, not of the heart, as far as he is concerned. Current kingdom may be a bit different, as I am on King Simrey VIII, and plan for him to have six wives if I can. Need to get a monastery and cathedral up, however, if he is going to be able to divorce. :D

My king just produced three heirs (all during the Heir Quest, and I chose the "this is a contract, not love choice" ha!) Eventually, possibly after more heirs, he is going to kill off his queen (kind of King Henry VIII style) and run away with the Minstrel that he fell in love with from day one <3

I really love that idea of King Simrey VIII :D
    Maybe my next kingdom! Ha!
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    Oh you are so cruel xD I was so shocked when I first played the game and my queen, a sweet and good soul, and named after me of course, got murdered. Really something new to the series.

I just found out that today (or when?) the game got a new patch. I also learned about bonus throne rooms for Limited Edition. I have that but have never seen any other rooms. Now I can't seem to find a way to a code to redeem in order to get those items. Boring.

But jeij, people are still playing it!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm reading through this thread finding out things like the game had murder and actual drinking in it, yet this game is still rated teen, but the developers for sims 4 are kind of skimpy on things like murder and drinking, juice instead of alcohol, bubble blower instead of hookah, no murder, I mean most of this stuff is typical iconic sims humour but still, love how they kind of freak out at these little things when they've pushed the limits before.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    I'm so thrilled there is a whole forum section for TSM (okay, it may be not as large as the rest (coughs), but it is existent though)!
    I loved playing this game and although I'm about to take a break because by now, I've been through all quests twice at least, I'm already looking forward to playing it in a few weeks or months ^^

@ mariah6194 I'm actually playing at Windows 10. No issues so far, as I use the Origin non-disc version. I guess this is what your question ist about?
    @ Silvakristiina Oh yes, I understand you all too well. When my first monarch whom I really had taken to my heart got involved to a fight to the death (which was necessary for the quest)... Well, it was terrible. Fortunately, after that, I was prudent enough to avoid the murder quest.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Sooooo... total Medieval noob here! I played for the first time today :p

My king was in the woods chatting nicely to this guy:
    Screenshot.jpg?dl=0

I had just decided to go back to the castle when I noticed the instruction said that the guy was a bandit and I was supposed to challenge him to a duel! Lol. So, back I went...
    Screenshot-5.jpg?dl=0

My king killed him! But I could still see his chest breathing, so was he really dead? Also, if I clicked on him there were options to do friendly chats and stuff.

I am going to have to do the tutorial again as it was going on forever and I needed to quit to go do rl stuff, and it wouldn't let me save during the tutorial.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I rediscovered TSM recently as well~ a glitch kept me out of it for over a year, but I finally fixed it and I'm enjoying it again. :)

Just completed the first ambition at platinum level~ my kingdom was the Commonwealth from Fallout 4, and I made my sole survivor (SS) and her companions the hero Sims. It was awesome!

In my kingdom, my SS, Olivia, married MacCready (I made him the monarch so she'd take his last name) and had some adorable babies... I called them Prince Nathan (Nate/male sole survivor/your dead spouse, if you're a female SS) and Princess Lucinda (aka Lucy, Mac's dead wife).

YAY crossovers!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    I have always wanted to get this game. Is it worth playing?
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member

Kinda sounds like Henry VIII minus the fact your King sim wouldn't care about male heirs I don't think.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Smiley_Cat wrote: »

Very much so! Just be aware that it plays very, very differently from a regular Sims game. It is very much its own thing. See this post (and the one immediately below it) for a detailed description. In spite of the date, no, I wasn't joking. :)
  • ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member

Very much so! Just be aware that it plays very, very differently from a regular Sims game. It is very much its own thing. See this post (and the one immediately below it) for a detailed description. In spite of the date, no, I wasn't joking. :)

I've played sims Medieval and loved it. Though, for some reason I could never get past the beginning cause I didn't know how to go about getting the ultimate goal in the options.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member

Well, you can get it really cheap so it's worth trying I think to see if you'd like it. It's disappointing to me sometimes because it could've been so much better but they went in a different direction than I'd prefer (no aging, no building, repetitive quests instead of the sims but medieval).
  • happysimmer2007happysimmer2007 Posts: 10 New Member
    I just recently started playing it again, I love to play it. I guess the goals keep me going, I got to remove a negative trait yesterday with a legendary one and hit another goal and unlocked clothes/furniture.
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Sims medieval is amazing! I've not played it for a while but this thread has made me think about starting it up again. It was really good fun! Although, the last time I played it was on my laptop and I lost a bunch of cool stuff for it because EA didn't know what I was on about when I said I lost the code for all the extra stuff like the different castle designs and what not :neutral:
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I have really enjoyed TSM and tend to start playing it again in breaks between other games.

To me, it's rather repetitious (all sims games are when you're skilling), esp because of the limitations in bringing experienced sims from a given finished challenge to the next challenge.

I do adore the badge/achievement challenges, which is what brings me back to the game periodically. I haven't completed all of them yet. But I do wish more EPs had (or will) been developed and some more abilities in the game. It had a lot more potential than was given to it.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    @Sindocat -I think your summary of TSM is quite good in the link below. Kudos!
    ref: You wrote-
    this post (and the one immediately below it) for a detailed description.
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2017
    I've recently started playing it again, basically I spent hours playing it last night after commenting on this thread. I never got past the first challenge called "New Beginnings" so I'm excited to see what happens next! However, I thought the addition of Pirates and Nobles opened it up a lot!
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top