Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Plum Tree Family Tree Tool: Developers Wanted

Comments

• Options
    ThePlumtreeThePlumtree Posts: 119 Member
    @Simtown15 indeed, we have a ongoing email conversation with @HillyBeth to see what went wrong here. Once we have all the details we need hopefully we'll be able to fix it so it doesn't happen again.
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @Simtown15 indeed, we have a ongoing email conversation with @HillyBeth to see what went wrong here. Once we have all the details we need hopefully we'll be able to fix it so it doesn't happen again.

I went to change a few pics in my third/fourth generation and the tree I was able to view only had first and second generation on it! I'm using a different site now.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @HillyBeth I see you're using family echo now which is certainly a great alternative :) Work will continue on The Plum Tree over time making it more stable and who knows maybe one day you can be enticed back :)
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi all. Just some updates on what was released this week as there's been a few nice little additions.
    • Life states for sims. You can now add any life states a sim has had such as Vampire, Alien or anything else. This works similar to how you can already add traits and aspirations.
    • Toddler traits. Toddler traits are now in the predefined list of traits making them easier to add.
    • Improved logging. Errors our servers encounter are now logged much clearer and can be searched through to debug and fix issues faster.
    • Bug fix for password reset failures. There was a case where having two accounts with the same email address would break the password reset process which has now been fixed
    • Bug fix cropping images would removed unsaved sim info. When cropping a sims avatar any unsaved information in the edit person view would be lost which is no longer the case.

For more info on what I'm working on and what coming up here's the Trello board https://trello.com/b/ZVQDmpxm/plum-tree-app.
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Nice! Really happy to hear for those <3
  • Options
    BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    Ok, most likely a simple answer to a daft question: But since a while I can not see the images in ANY plumb-trees? Not my own, not any other links. Whats upwith that?
    AMB.jpg
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited March 2017
    The life states aren't working right for me. Here is my tree Hallow Tree. I can add them fine but they do not show and when I go back and check it's in the box as 'v' 'a' 'm' 'p' 'i' 'r' 'e', I've tried Lunia as a vampire and an alien (to check) with the same result except it was showing 'a' 'l' 'i' 'e' 'n' when I went to edit people. I'll grab screenies now so you can see what I mean.

edit.
    Me adding Vampire to Lunia
    state01.jpg

what it looks like
    state02.jpg

what it looks like when I go back to edit
    state03.jpg

Is it something I'm doing?
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    @jeepjeepcat That happened to me too :confused:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Looks like there is an issue with that, we'll look into fixing it but might not be straight away as we're travelling this week. Than you guys for your patience and for letting us know!
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    No problem, I'm just glad it's not just me :smile:
  • Options
    sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    I am having the same problem with the Lifestates. For now I am just using the first letter for - "S" for sim, etc.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • Options
    @jeepjeepcat @cind3r3lla @sassytxbrat We're back from our short break and I've pushed an update that should fix life states :)

@Bloudwed don't think I have seen that, can you give a link to a tree where you can't see any images.
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58754af45e5a5079646b5f8a

Here's mine! I play on long and started with my main family on November 23rd so it's not many sims yet. Added little bio's too :)
  • Options
    VanilleuxVanilleux Posts: 1 New Member
    Is there any way of adding a partner of a partner? For example my sim is married but her husband has another girlfriend. I know you can change the partners for the specific sim in the node but can't figure out how to do it for their partner.

(I haven't read through the entire thread to see if this has been answered already, sorry)
  • Options
    ^ I believe youd just would have to make a seperate tree featuring him as the originating node (or one of his ancestors), feature both wife and gf, and link the two trees.
  • Options
    @Vanilleux exactly what @BlueR0se said linking trees is the only way right now to go about this. @BlueR0se thanks for answering much appreciated :)
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    Ryry_GabrielRyry_Gabriel Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I've had a few legacy "FAILURES", so how do I delete my old family trees?
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm using this for an s3 family. So far I love it, and feel that it may work out better than family echo, time will tell. :)

I have a couple of questions and not up to reading through 21 pages right now.
    Is there a way to edit a person's basic bio info after the fact. I'm using the optional extra info fields to enter information from the rolls generated by the random legacy roller, didn't have my notes handy when I first entered info for one of my heirs, and now can't figure out how to enter the missing information without deleting them and starting over. (Fortunately I haven't added their kids yet.) Found the answer on page 19 http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15575549/#Comment_15575549

Second question equally as important to me, I'm using nraas story progression mod in my game. Which means at some point down the generations I'm going to end up with cousins from separate branches of the tree pairing up. Will I be able to link them up cleanly on the tree as partners/married couples.

My last legacy by gen 7 the town was so interconnected that it was less tree more spider web/tangled knot, lol.

Suggestion/Question
    Would it be possible to include some more of the in-game options under the partner drop down like Romantic Interest and Going Steady.

Thank you for this wonderful program. :)

Adding:
    Running into a glitch
    I saved my tree, which had 5 and a half generation layers to it - founders parents, founder, gen 2, gen 3, gen 4, place holders for gen 4's children. Clicked the option to share and only the first 4 generations are there https://theplumtreeapp.com/public.html#58dfd6b7cc36a00e175ebbb7 :'(

Both Donte & Diedra on the right side should have partners and children.

Is this a program glitch or user error?
    Post edited by Mmdrgntobldrgn on
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    Thank you very much @ThePlumbob for this useful tool! I might start using it for my History Challenge family, already about to start gen. 3 (4 if you count the founders as gen. 1).
    By the way, I am reading your Bloomer Legacy and really enjoying it so far! I am still at generation 2, near the beginning.
  • Options
    @Ryry_Gabriel when you are viewing a tree to edit click the three dots toward the top right to show the tree actions dropdown. One of those should be delete. Some users have noted that deleted trees sometimes don't get removed from the side nav immediately but refreshing the page should fix that.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Few things to answer there so let me know if I miss anything.
    1) trees can only branch out and not back in on themselves but you can repeat people in a tree as many times as you want. I want to add a feature later down the line when you hover over a person who is repeated it shows where else they are. Like you said with lots of generations things can get tangled and very web like so that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of only showing this on hover (or possibly some other way) rather than all the time.

2) You can add custom info either in the bio or in the "More (Custom)" section when you edit a person. I try to keep options to a minimum leaning towards simplicity but I do add common options when many people voice them so let me know which ones you want the most as it helps me decide which ones to add and which people can live without.

3) If I remember right when you publish a tree with empty placeholder children or partners they don't get displayed. Once you set those and publish again they should be there.

@Ayrell Glad you like the plum tree and also @ThePlumbob is very pleased you are enjoying the Bloomer legacy :)
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member

@ThePlumtree

thanks for the feedback
    3) If I remember right when you publish a tree with empty placeholder children or partners they don't get displayed. Once you set those and publish again they should be there.
    If it had only been the placeholder children for gen 5* that had vanished it wouldn't have been so bad, but my gen 3 sims lost their partners and children. The partners and children are still available under the manage people option.

I'll take another shot at the tree tomorrow, but for now (today) I'm going to stay away because going back just now Donte, Diedra and a few other sims were missing their pictures, changed page, and then went back and the pictures were back. Stuff like that gets frustrating fast (for me) if it's something that will eventually be linked to a blog. B)

*the tree with the next round of simlets shows 6 generations, but that's because I started making my founders with parents as it seems to help lock in dna traits like hair/eye color o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn so it sounds like there may be some issue at play here so I'll take a deeper look at your trees and try and see exactly whats happening. When you say placeholder I interpreted that as you added nodes or partners but didn't set any people in those but you say you went back and they were still under manage people which sounds like you did create and set them. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of this and keep frustrations down :)
    cmhREQk.png
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Oooh, I've never done the family tree for a sims family before. I'll definitely check it out and maybe use it!
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Hi, I am starting a fresh new game and I'm wondering if this will help me restore family trees when I set up the new game and replace my families from my library. Will I be able to save screenshots of family trees and refer to them in my new game?
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    Hi, I am starting a fresh new game and I'm wondering if this will help me restore family trees when I set up the new game and replace my families from my library. Will I be able to save screenshots of family trees and refer to them in my new game?

This app doesn't interact with the Sims game itself, but more serves as a physical diary of the progress/families you make. You make your own family trees as an outside reference, kind of deal, I believe. Plumtree allows you to see a tree in a more typical fashion, while as Sims 4's tree is much more limited in terms of "scope."