Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DizzyDesigns: Let's start a fairy tale!

TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
Sul sul!

I'm TheDismalSimmer. and a warmest welcome to my forum showcase! Like many of you, I've been a fan of the Sims franchise for quite some time now, and my favorite part of the game was always creating all sorts of houses. I'd say that I have a strict "form follows function" approach to building, though I try to include a large variety of architectural styles in my gallery so that there is something for everyone. Here you will find all sorts of houses and public spaces for your game. I hope you enjoy using my creations as much as I did making them.

I invite you to come in and have a look around. Enjoy your stay, and leave a comment if you like. Definitely feel free to link me to your gallery or showcase as well; I would love to see your creations too!

--TDS

Latest Showcase: Morrowood Gardens

JRLh3Cz.jpg

Architectural Style: Victorian
Lot type: Park
Lot Size: 40 x 30

Description: A long long time ago, a magical tree sprung from the ground. Passersby have noticed the unusual shape and colors of this tree which is said to emit a strange glow during the night, and legend has it that the tree is a portal to a magical land of fairies and gnomes. Soon people settled in and built a village in the area. Today, all that remains is a small Victorian castle, but you can still visit this park and enjoy the beautiful surrounding nature.

Download Link

Origin ID: TheDismalSimmer
(I'm not a sad person. It's just a word play on the phrase dismal science, or economics)

I invite you to visit my simblr!
dgvibNQ.png
Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on

Comments

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Modern Mansion

Day View
    JeKeRgV.png

Night View
    u7mEu2h.png

Type: Residential
    Size: 50 x 50
    Bedrooms: 4
    Bathrooms: 5

Backstory
    The year was 2016. One day, I had the bright idea of posting a showcase to the forums. And of course I, in what shall go down in TS4 history as a sheer stroke of genius, somehow posted it in what appears to be the Sims 3 area. I never really updated that showcase, but since deleting the thread wasn't an option, the only thing I could do was to make a new showcase in the proper area of the forums and try to pretend the whole thing never happened. But before I did, I wanted a house that I can be proud of calling my own, both as a nice (re-)introduction and sort of to say "sorry for double posting, I'm not actually dumb." Thus, I built this mansion, with all the bells and whistles of modern life.

Download link

Full Album
    Main Gate
    h8asykg.png

Dining Room
    3SJb3Iv.png

Living Room
    X0xQ83f.png

Kitchen
    1CumYCE.png

Indoor Garden and Hot Tub
    1ZTT0jM.png

Study
    Y9eiHmt.png

Tea Room
    JwoVZG4.png

Rooftop Garden and Party Area
    7yzXYHX.png

Garden
    qG3EtmX.png

Playground
    n01blRq.png

Pool
    Sx9XfP4.png

Telescope
    oVDAIot.png

dgvibNQ.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    It is nice that you have set up a showcase thread here :)
    The exterior design of Modern Mansion looks very great! :) The layout of the build and shape of the areas of the building looks very nice! The water fountains feature area at the front of the build looks very nice ! The cherry blossom trees either sides of the gate look very pretty! The design of the gate looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The dining room is very nice! The type of dining seats used looks nice and the black patterned floor rug is,a nice touch. The bar nook is great! The bottle shelves look great on the wall there. Sims will enjoy having a drink with their meals. It looks very nice how the cabinets have been placed to create an alcove with display cabinets in. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the walll speaker whilst dining. The living room is very nice! The walls of candles are calming there, and the flowers are pretty touches for the sims to see whilst sitting relaximg there watching tv. The black and white colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. Very nice layout of the room! The bamboo plants add a nice feel and look to the room. The indoors garden and hot tub room looks so very very nice! It looks very restful and calming! The floor texture and the flowers and trees there look very nice. The modern furnishings in the study room looks very nice. Sims will enjoy using the desktable there. The red colour scheme of the tea room looks very nice! The juices wall shelf is a great touch in the room. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there having a read of a book or watching tv. They will enjoy listening to the stereo music, whilst having a drink from the drinks tray. Very nice rooftop garden and party area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and dining at the round table in the outdoors air. They will enjoy having a drink from the bar, and have fun dancing to the dj booth music on the black marble floor! Very nice gardening nook. Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes there. The hedging looks nice bordering the edges of the nook area. The kids playground area is great! Child sims will have fun playing on the space ship, in the sand pit or on the monkey bars. Sims will enjoy swmming in the pool. The row of tall trees on the side of the observatory nook looks very nice.
    The home is very nice ! :)
  • prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
    Wow, I love the way you did the hottub area... so cool!
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Modern Villa 2!

snjKrZj.png

Size: 40 x 30
    Bedrooms: 5
    Bathrooms: 3

Backstory
    I always enjoyed landscaping in the Sims 4, and for the most part I tried making buildings without the use of move objects on. However, for this particular villa, I decided to use move objects on and see what I can do with the landscaping. I also needed a new house to house a family I just created that had 3 children, so it seemed like the perfect time to try something new.

Download Link

Full Album
    Staircase
    s2CXC8T.png

Pool
    pYcjZ7e.png

Fishing Pond
    bmNcarq.png

Garden
    nJyrXlJ.png

Meditation Area
    OjtTzuA.png

Kitchen, Dining, and Bar
    BuRyteg.png

Study
    Els5Rfg.png

Entertainment Center
    MVyACmy.png

Basement
    zdcy5TH.png

Home Gym
    6hmpke8.png

dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Club Eterna (Reborn)!

7SYNC0T.png

Type: Nightclub
    Size: 30 x 20

Backstory
    My first upload to the gallery was a nightclub called Club Eterna. I got this corny idea at the time to name it this way and to remake it every once in a while but also maintain a few elements of the building, such as the club logo and overall blue/white theme. This was a way for me to both mark the evolution of my building style and reflect the ever expanding game. But in keeping the name the same, I'll have this sort of "eternal" building (hence the name Eterna). This is the first remake of it, and I've incorporated the karaoke rooms added in the City Living Expansion.

Download link

Full Album
    Ground Floor Bar
    zMnQixk.png

Tables
    0vThRpw.png

Lounge
    KXPjylm.png

Dance Floor
    nkENCLY.png

Stairwell
    aOJ57kd.png

1st Floor Bar
    upJ9B0P.png

Karaoke Room
    nMTIVs3.png

Bubbles
    TDaPaOV.png

Just for fun, this is what the club used to look like
    Proudly Presenting: Club Eterna

aRCj9CL.png

Type: Nightclub
    Download Link

Ground Floor Bar
    Nq4Wymy.png

Tables and Stage
    gEPvMcC.png

Dance Floor
    rNR4ZjO.png

1st Floor Bar
    JQuIvhE.png

Open Air Dance Floor
    fVaY0US.png

dgvibNQ.png
    The exterior design and layout of Modern Villa 2 looks very nice! :) The windows look great in the build! Very nice outdoors areas! The plants and flowers in the outdoors areas look very nice! Very nice pool area! The lilypads look pretty in the water and the plants and rock feature looks great. The plants look nice on the edges of the fishing pond. Sims will enjoy fishing there. Very nice mediation area! It looks great the way that tall bamboo plants separate off the area. Sims will enjoy sitting quietly on the mediatiion stools in the sunshine meditating and listening to music from the stereo. The candles are calming touch there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The black and white colour scheme of the kitchen and dining room looks nice. Very nice design of the area. The study room looks a nice light filled room for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with sunshine coming in through the windows. They will like sitting on the sofa reading a book. The fish floor pattern is a nice touch there. Very nice entertainment rooom! Sims will have fun watching tv, playing video games, listening to stereo music and playing foosbsll there. The aquarium is a nice touch in the room. It is great that there is a gym room in the basendnt for sims to enjoy using the fitness equipment and a nook area for having fun karaokeing!
    The revised version of Club Eterna looks great! :) The water fountains feature looks nice in the outdoors front and side areas.The bar area looks great! The bottles and drinks shelves and neon signs look great on the bar wall ! It looks nice how the tables and chairs have been set up for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables having a drink. The water fountains glass windows feature looks very nice! The sunken dance floor area looks great! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music there! It is great that you have added a karaoke machine to the venue. Sims will have fun singing! They will enjoy using the bubbles machine at the nightclub too! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools at both bar counters having a drink and a chat. The floor patterning through the venue looks great!
    Both builds are very nice! :)
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Wow, i love everything you've posted so far. I'll definitely be looking you up on the gallery :)
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
    @rosemow
    Thanks! It's always so nice to read your comments!

@mariah6194
    I'm glad you like them! What's your gallery ID? I'd love to check out your creations too.
    dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Restaurant Sonata!

ad4a1c_029842f0756e4dd185826b23bdb53b01~mv2.png

Type: Restaurant

Backstory
    Music has always been an incredibly important part of my life. One of my majors in undergraduate was music (the other was economics, hence my forum name) and in real life, I play the piano, guitar, and sing the bass / baritone parts in a choir. So one day, I decided to make a somewhat music themed building, and eventually settled on a restaurant since I had just recently purchased the Dine Out game pack. The shape of the restaurant and the overall black and white theme is supposed to be an abstraction of an upright piano. The 8 horizontal lights in the front of the restaurant are supposed to represent the 4 spaces between music staves, staggered into two columns of 4 as a reference to half steps and whole steps in sheet music (technically it should have been a column of 4 and a column of 5, but that looked a bit cluttered). Finally, the name Sonata refers to a music composition for instruments, often accompanied by a piano.

Download Link

Full Album
    Entrance
    ad4a1c_29a87c848ccb4972b5058cab94041a89~mv2.png

Waiting Area
    ad4a1c_57d75867a6c744da9e221b5f5dbeb021~mv2.png

Tables for 2
    ad4a1c_d4ca7ad066654e2183b6781b7c43e99d~mv2.png

Dining Area
    ad4a1c_cfee6a6c614c4f66808954e006a9c7f9~mv2.png

Party Booths
    ad4a1c_4005992fa8ee44419db43fc73d261657~mv2.png

Bar
    ad4a1c_747f9cf91692460b997d29359b90fd61~mv2.png

Chef's Kitchen
    ad4a1c_5d6ec6e765f64e43a1b5839a82bacbec~mv2.png

dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Suburban Family House 2

ad4a1c_1aa88033f56a4a029b96ccda791e3135~mv2.png

Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 3

Backstory
    Did you know that you could resize objects by using the bracket keys? For the longest time, I had no idea this was an option, and when I finally found out about it, the first thing that popped in my head was "Hey! I can make a house with a garage! And I'll have cars in it!" And that, is how I met your mothe--I mean, how I decided to build this house. Well, it was more like I wanted to build a house modeled after something one would expect to find in a typical American suburb and to incorporate a garage in the design. I think it turned out quite nicely.

Download Link

Full Album
    Driveway
    ad4a1c_0085acf996b94ec785f1bfd86b695d4f~mv2.png

Foyer
    ad4a1c_fa885a1fb5134568afc04c03a9bc0845~mv2.png

Kitchen
    ad4a1c_df82e1807657401c8b7ef235bb7a6822~mv2.png

Dining
    ad4a1c_cef72d57ff79428f9fa8b7e097933aa7~mv2.png

Deck
    ad4a1c_476f05d478804c06be8ccdf23b8aac15~mv2.png

Backyard
    ad4a1c_715ac73b07014c86a336a0f12eb2a0b6~mv2.png

dgvibNQ.png
    It was great reading the background details about Restaurant Sonata! :) It is great that you had music as a major in college and also play musical instruments and sing in real life. The music themed restaurant is very nice! It is creatively that it has the design of an upright piano! The horizontal lights to reflect space between staves looks great! The name of the restaurant is nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the venue! The colour scheme looks very nice. It looks very nice how the dining tables and chairs are set up in the restaurant. Very nice dining nooks near the windows for couples. The wall dividers look great separating off the nooks. The flowers are pretty touches on the table tops. It looks nice that there are booth dining seating in the build as well as dining tables and chairs. The bamboo, blossoms and lamp look nice between the booth dining tables. The leaves pictures look very nice on the wall. Very nice bar area! The bottle shelves look great on the bar wall! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or at the tables there, having a drink from the bar. The fruit bowl and bottles are nice touches on the bar counter. The aquarium is a nice touch between the bathrooms.
    The design of Suburban Family House 2 is very nice! :) Very nice roofing! The exterior wall textures look very nice together. The flowers on the edges of the home and around the mail bix look very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior! The aquarium nook is a nice touch in the foyer. The brown colour scheme of the kitchen looks nice. The cabinets and flower curtains look great how they are placed there. Very nice dining room! The grandfather clock is homely there, and the scenic wall picture and flowers on the table top are nice for sims to ses when dining. Very nice outdoors dining deck! Sims will enjoy cooking and dining outdoors in the outside air. The flower box windows look pretty.
    The home is very nice :)
  • simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    All of your builds are lovely! Love that you added a garage to the house as it makes it a bit more homey. Ty for sharing your build and I hope you have a great day. :)
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Modern Beach House 3

tfBwOb1.png

Bathrooms: 2

Backstory
    I really like the ocean, and the idea of living by the ocean. So beach houses are just a nice way for me to try out new elements of building, since I can make them quite modern and fancy looking (I'd imagine a Sim would have to be fairly well-off to be able to afford vacation homes). Plus the little island off the coast of Windenburg is just perfect for such houses. I built this house to replace one of my older designs, since there were a few issues due to my inexperience with building at the time.

Download Link

Full Album
    Fountains
    Ugw51z8.png

Kitchen and Dining
    PVJiM57.png

Living Room
    WCPeGbK.png

Study
    nng1GHV.png

Art Corner
    17Xf3Oe.png

Extra Lounge, because why not?
    Stk52N0.png

Deck
    RJVHwW8.png

Pool
    dReJ9ZN.png

dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Modern Kitchen / Dining 3

Rc2YTBl.png

Type: Kitchen
    Dimensions 11 x 8

Backstory: Oh my! New maxis favorite! Not much of a backstory here, one of my houses needed a kitchen overhaul, and I decided to have fun with it. I realized that although I've had the cool kitchen stuff pack for a while now, it's been relatively underutilized in my buildings. Until now I guess.

Download Link

Full Album
    Bar Area
    XvNbA3p.png

Just your standard appliances
    R0CwkPP.png

Dining Table
    i3tRu5F.png

Aquarium
    9cQXwoe.png

dgvibNQ.png
    The layout and design of Modern Beach Hiouse looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the building. The shrubs and water fountains feature in the front area of the home looks pretty! Very nice side pool patio for sims to have fun swimming in the pool. It looks great the way the upper terrace is over the pool! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating food at the table , in the sunshine. Nice dance area! Sims will have fun dancing to the dj booth music on the glass tiling! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The brown colour scheme looks very nice. The kitchen and bar counter nook is very nice! It looks great how the wall cutlery and hanging pans have been placed on the walls and the drinks bucket and fruit bowl are great kitcgrn touches on the counter. The aquarium nook is nice! The fish are nice for sims to see when dining. The different coloured dining seats look very nice! Very nice living room! The sunflowers are a sunny touch for sims to enjoy seeing when resting on the sofas watching tv, and listening to the stereo music. Nice corner computer study desk nook in the study. It looks nice thst that there a tea brewer for sims to enjoy having a drink whilst reading or using the computer. Very nice art nook! Sims will enjoy having the sunshine coming in onto them whilst painting on the easel there. The circles floor print looks great there!
    The home is very nice!
    Big congratulations on Modern Kitchen /Dining being favourited by Maxis! :) That is very exciting! The furnishing and layout of the room looks so very nice! It is a very nice and detailed room! Each of the areas looks very nice! It looks nice how the cabinets have been placed on the walls. The aquarium nook looks nice and is restful calming for sims to look at the fish. Very nice design of the bar area! The mysims look very cute on the shelves!
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: A-Frame Log Cabin

mDRw6GI.png

Bedrooms: 2
    Bathrooms: 1

Backstory
    I've seen this triangular house design pop up occasionally on the gallery. I always thought it was interesting looking, but never got around to making one myself. I recently learned that it's actually called an A-Frame house, and it's really quite different from my usual building style. So i thought why not try one and see how it turns out? It's also been a while since I've built anything for Granite Falls, so it seemed like a good time to do a fun new design.

Download Link

Full Album
    Campfire Area
    N3RGfkK.png

Horse Shoes
    snmtzsO.png

Kitchen and Lounge
    WiIpzUh.png

Dining Room
    7O7NVIm.png

Living Room
    BLFkkQ7.png

Picnic Area
    dRybFXe.png

dgvibNQ.png
    The exterior design of A frame Log Cabin looks great ! :) It is nice that you tested out a new style of build. The A frame design looks very nice! The wooden exterior and interior wall texture looks very nice! Nice firepit sitting area in the front area of the build. Sims will enjoy sitting on the log themed seats toasting food and keeping warm. The type of trees in the build looks great! Sims will have fun playing horseshoes! The picnic area is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks very warming and homely! Very nice lounge alcove near the kitchen. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa reading a book. The plants are nice nature touches on the wall. Very nice dining area! The sunflowers on the dining table are sunny for sims to see when eating a meal, Sims will have nice views of the outdoors through the windows whilst dining there. The wooden texture of the dining room furniture looks very nice, The grandfather clock and crockery cabinets look very nice in the room. Very nice sunken living room! Sims will enjoy watching tv there.
    It is a very nice home for Granite Falls! :)
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Suburban Family House 6

4IkNEZk.png

Backstory
    This was one of my more experimental designs, where I tried combining a more traditional suburban house with modern style landscaping and open style interior design. The end result was quite nice, though there were a few issues with the interiors being somewhat cramped since the overall shape of the house didn't quite match the room layout.

Download Link

Full Album
    Foyer
    fZ9iIG1.png

Kitchen and Dining
    KgvC20t.png

Living Room
    a8wR1x2.png

Deck and Pool
    SgdJeSl.png

dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Modern Villa 3

Day View
    1P8Rain.png

Night View
    5jHH1dT.png

Bedrooms: 4
    Bathrooms: 4
    Size: 40 x 30

Backstory
    The origins of this house directly comes from the previous house in the series. I built a house on an elevated "natural" foundation, surrounded it with a garden, and tried to make it all look natural. But the problem was, after taking a second look at the lot, it looks a bit too overgrown. Basically it looked like a neglected house, rather than a modern one. For this one, I decided to make the garden a bit more organized, and added several new features, such as a gazebo and functional waterfalls. I also used a slightly different color scheme, adding a few patches of red, completely reorganized the basement, and added a rooftop garden. The end result is something that I am quite happy with.

Download Link

Full Album
    Main Entrance
    WZnXS04.png

Dining and Bar
    cO8ZBBH.png

Entertainment Center
    WWfjVls.png

Study
    eew3FoZ.png

Lounge
    0eZBRzV.png

Sauna
    mN8j7Sx.png

Garden
    SKLJtUs.png

Details of Bridge
    1YzCIKV.png

Open Air Pool
    A1yNgkA.png

Waterfalls at Night
    Nlh1FVU.png

dgvibNQ.png
    The design and layout of Modern Villa 3 looks so very nice! :) Very nice outdoors areas! The waterfalls look very pretty! The bridge is a nice touch in the waterfalls area. It is nice nook area for sims to enjoy painting on the easel. Very nice design of the gazebo! Sims will enjoy playing chess at the table there in the outdoors air. The pool area is great! Sims will enjoy swimming there. The turtles are a nice touch there. The stairs , rocks and bamboo trees look very nice how they are placed and used in the build! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The black and white colour scheme of the dining and bar area. The bar nook is great! The drinks wall shelves look great there. Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar after there meal. The entertainment room is very nice for sims to rest on the sofas and watch tv or have fun playing foosball! The red colour of the seating in the lounge area looks nice. It is a very nice light filled area for sims to enjoy resting there with sunshine coming in through the windows. They will enjoy having a cup,of tea whilst sitting there, listening to radio music. It is nice that there is a sauna in the home.
    It is a very nice modern home! :)
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Nothing dismal about this gorgeous showcase. :p I really get a kick out of your name. :) Absolutely Gorgeous work on all your wonderful builds. Beautiful designs, interiors and landscaping. :)
    Thank you @rosemow and @WrathofCath for your nice comments! I really appreciate the feedback and it's always nice to see that people are visiting my showcase!
    dgvibNQ.png
    edited March 2017
    Proudly Presenting: Suburban Family House 7

FEclxuT.png

Backstory
    Some of my favorite uploads have been suburban style houses. There is just something about overlapping gable roofs that just look so nice. However, I began to find that my designs are becoming increasingly indistinguishable from each other, and it was time for a reboot of the series. Suburban family house 6 was my attempt to incorporate more modern elements into the house, but ultimately proved to be an unsatisfactory design. This building draws inspiration from a few sources I found online and features a completely different exterior, incorporating some features of bungalow houses and modern style windows.

Download Link

Full Album
    Entrance and Driveway
    5PkpkcH.png

Kitchen
    yrCvFk7.png

Dining
    F6xwAdl.png

Living
    ZaKrvrR.png

Backyard and Pool
    OWNOjTr.png

dgvibNQ.png
    The exterior design of Suburban Family House 7 looks very nice! :) Very nice roofing on the home! It looks great! The flowers and plants in the front garden look very pretty! The carport garage and driveway looks great! Very nice kitchen area! The stone wall texture gives a nice look to the room. The placement of the wall cabinets looks nice.The flowers on the counter are pretty fir sims to see when cooking. Very nice dining area! Sims will enjoy looking out through the glass windows at what is happening outside when dining there. The fruit bowl on the table and the crockery cabinet are great home touches there. Very nice sofa and armchair sitting area in the living room. Sims will enjoy watching tv there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The grandfather clock looks nice in the room. The backyard area is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking and dining outdoors at the table or have fun swimming in the pool. Nice gardening nook for them to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wow, what a wonderful showcase, it's been a great pleasure browsing through your beautiful builds. Much too difficult to choose a favourite, they are all as unique and gorgeous as each other :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg