Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a negative atmosphere on this forum?

Comments

• Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    A great example of rudeness. No one is being targeted here. If you dont like the topic you dont have to be a part of it and if they moderators think this is so inappropriate, then i will wait until i hear from them. Right now, im well within my rights to talk about this topic.
    It's one thing to be nice, but another thing to be as many would call, "politically correct", really not a big deal. Don't try forcing people to be nice.
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    A great example of rudeness. No one is being targeted here. If you dont like the topic you dont have to be a part of it and if they moderators think this is so inappropriate, then i will wait until i hear from them. Right now, im well within my rights to talk about this topic.
    It's one thing to be nice, but another thing to be as many would call, "politically correct", really not a big deal. Don't try forcing people to be nice.

No one is forcing you to do anything. I asked a question and if other people do not want to partake in the conversation or want to defend their behavior, that is on them.
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »
    No, I don't think there is a negative atmosphere at all but it used to be really toxic on the old forums, a real snakepit. Some of the toxicity started spilling over into the new forums, too, but most of the trolls were stopped in their tracks with the new post quota, which were put in place when some trolls were abusing the image feature and posting nasty images all over the place.

So the forums today are not only much better than they used to be, they're a dream to post on. Yes, there are a few obnoxious posters but there are maybe--what, a tiny handful who regularly post--compared to the dozens back in the day. And of those posters, I don't even find them negative or toxic, just kind of pathetic to be quite honest.

My suggestion, OP, is that if you find certain posters "negative" or "toxic" that it's better to just put them on ignore than to post a thread calling attention to the fact that they're there. Muting posters makes a world of difference, believe me.

I havent even went into describing any of the behaviors or things that i have noticed. Just seeing if others notice the same thing. I didn't even know there was an ignore feature lol.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

No one is forcing you to do anything. I asked a question and if other people do not want to partake in the conversation or want to defend their behavior, that is on them.

Honestly, for someone who's so easily upset by "rudeness", your posts sound rather rude & defensive too as soon as someone disagrees with you ...

Im not about to argue with you :) Have a nice afternoon.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Seems to me the particuarly rude people are the Sims 3 fans coming into the Sims 4 area and trying to convince everybody that Sims 4 sucks. I mean, not all of them. Plenty of them are perfectly reasonable and explanatory. But the people who give off the bad vibes are always the ones who spend all their time saying the game is dead or broken or only stupid people like it and nothing could ever be better than Sims 3, y'know?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I find this part of the Forum is getting much better these days especially after toddlers and vampires were added - or maybe I am becoming more tolerant of anti-type posts as my building needs are slow in being met.

The slower EA is being at releasing new packs the more bad tempered the forum becomes as Simmers get bored. It is that sort of game!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    How do you put certain people on ignore, when they follow your posts around to make snide comments? I didn't know there was that feature.But I think online forums need to go further. Once someone is ignored, so to speak, they cannot post on your threads and you cant post on theirs either. That would help SO much <3

It looks like maybe , some people are offenders and usually rude and have cliques on here. Then once you talk about certain things on here they show up, even though they are never around when you make positive posts about fun related sims 4 stuff :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    How do you put certain people on ignore, when they follow your posts around to make snide comments? I didn't know there was that feature.But I think online forums need to go further. Once someone is ignored, so to speak, they cannot post on your threads and you cant post on theirs either. That would help SO much <3

Before I give you the answer, just a piece of info: an active post appears on top, that doesn't mean people are following you around (and, again, if you don't ever want anyone to disagree with you, maybe don't open threads with purposefully inflammatory questions).

Here's how it works: go to a simmer's page, like mine, and click on the ignore button top right. Have fun :)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    Seems to me the particuarly rude people are the Sims 3 fans coming into the Sims 4 area and trying to convince everybody that Sims 4 plum. I mean, not all of them. Plenty of them are perfectly reasonable and explanatory. But the people who give off the bad vibes are always the ones who spend all their time saying the game is dead or broken or only plum people like it and nothing could ever be better than Sims 3, y'know?

It's not as if it didn't come from both sides. Both groups do it. It's accusing only one side of doing it and denying that the other side does it too that isn't very nice... But I don't feel like there are many people doing that on either side. More than 90% of the time, all I'm seeing is constructive criticism (= opinions with solid arguments). That or I'm missing plenty of threads, or I need to change my glasses.
  • Options

It looks like maybe , some people are offenders and usually rude and have cliques on here. Then once you talk about certain things on here they show up, even though they are never around when you make positive posts :)

You can ignore people in your "preferences" and you will only see their comments afterwards if someone else quotes them as I have quoted you.
    You will see that they have commented though as their names appear in a lighter shade listed in the forum between un-ignored Simmers.

I did ignore a lot of Simmers in the past but have un-ignored them as I got a bit bored with too much positivity! :)
  • Options

Before I give you the answer, just a piece of info: an active post appears on top, that doesn't mean people are following you around (and, again, if you don't ever want anyone to disagree with you, maybe don't open threads with purposefully inflammatory questions).

Here's how it works: go to a simmer's page, like mine, and click on the ignore button top right. Have fun :)

I just want to know how other people are feeling and doing on here, which is why I asked the question. I understand how the internet works, you do not have to try to talk down on anyone else. It's just weird when a particular person never comments or has anything to say on the positive/fun threads you create, but when there is a opportunity to argue about something, that same person is right there , front and center. Again, never present when the thread is a positive conversation. But thanks for telling me how to use the ignore feature :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I just want to know how other people are feeling and doing on here, which is why I asked the question. I understand how the internet works, you do not have to try to talk down on anyone else. It's just weird when a particular person never comments or has anything to say on the positive/fun threads you create, but when there is a opportunity to argue about something, that same person is right there , front and center. Again, never present when the thread is a positive conversation. But thanks for telling me how to use the ignore feature :)

Hi :)

Maybe they're being Courteous to the positive topic but have an Opinion they want to share in the other* topic. I find that... a good thing. It's What I Do. :)

I would rather someone not engage with me , if they are only going to do it to be negative :) Of course have an opinion or whatever, but don't try to "flame war" someone

Hi :)

Maybe they're being Courteous to the positive topic but have an Opinion they want to share in the other* topic. I find that... a good thing. It's What I Do. :)

And i doubt that person is trying to be courteous at all, when they never are anyway ;)
  • Options
    I feel that it's something across many different fanbase communities, to be honest. I personally haven't had an awfully bad experience within the Simming community but, then again, I'm someone who just follows peoples' blogs for their content and don't tend to pay very much attention to any "drama" going on between players. It's something that's difficult to avoid however, especially if you're part of many fanbases. I've certainly had my fair share of arguments and debates in the past but now it doesn't even phase me one bit because I've found it's too much wasted effort trying to share your views with people who are evidently too ignorant to acknowledge an opinion which isn't theirs and is therefore wrong as far as they're concerned. Unfortunately you'll find that there's quite a handful of these people wherever you go and really, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing and you feel comfortable, welcomed and happy amongst the majority who just want to have a polite and fun conversation about whatever you all share a mutual interest in, whether it be a game, a celebrity and so on, then you shouldn't let a negative minority ruin your time on forums and social media in general. I haven't been on the Sims forums in a good few years but from what I can remember, everyone was generally quite friendly and welcomed newcomers with open arms. Then again, that was back during the times of the Sims 3 forums so I'm not too sure how much it's changed but I'm all for being the bigger person and just ignoring someone who may wish to pick an unnecessary fight. It's not worth my time or effort, as I said, when I could be engaging in a better conversation with nicer people or enjoying what I like about my game in peace.

Yes, you can't allow rude bullies to ruin anything for you, I think thats what most of them want anyway :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Who are you referring to? Because I comment plenty on positive threads, too, even though it might've escaped your attention ;)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    A few 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in the punch bowl, sure but overall its pretty tame.

TIL that "🐸🐸🐸🐸" isn't a kind of "plum" here.

Ha. Now it is some of the time? Ok then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    Seems to me the particuarly rude people are the Sims 3 fans coming into the Sims 4 area and trying to convince everybody that Sims 4 plum. I mean, not all of them. Plenty of them are perfectly reasonable and explanatory. But the people who give off the bad vibes are always the ones who spend all their time saying the game is dead or broken or only plum people like it and nothing could ever be better than Sims 3, y'know?

It's not as if it didn't come from both sides. Both groups do it. It's accusing only one side of doing it and denying that the other side does it too that isn't very nice... But I don't feel like there are many people doing that on either side. More than 90% of the time, all I'm seeing is constructive criticism (= opinions with solid arguments). That or I'm missing plenty of threads, or I need to change my glasses.

Sorry I can't allow this statement to go unchallenged.
    I won't go into a long diatribe outlining my personal experience since I've been back, but suffice to say every negative encounter I've had out here has come at the hands of the same little clique of people.
    There is most definitely an agressor in this little turf war they've created, and they seem to be under the impression that if you aren't with them then you're against them.

• Options
    OP If you wanted everyone to agree with you you shouldn't have posted your first comment in the way that you did. This is a Discussion group and as such invites pro and negative ones and as you are well on the way to creating a lot of negative comments I will leave you to it.

My advice is stop answering back to those who are experts at it. :/
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    OP If you wanted everyone to agree with you you shouldn't have posted your first comment in the way that you did. This is a Discussion group and as such invites pro and negative ones and as you are well on the way to creating a lot of negative comments I will leave you to it.

My advice is stop answering back to those who are experts at it. :/

Nowhere have I said that I wanted everyone to "agree with me". Thats part of what I am talking about. Just making up words that werent said.
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »

I won't go into a long diatribe outlining my personal experience since I've been back, but suffice to say every negative encounter I've had out here has come at the hands of the same little clique of people.
    There is most definitely an agressor in this little turf war they've created, and they seem to be under the impression that if you aren't with them then you're against them.

You're right. There are definitely cliques here,its not hard to notice .
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    @Uzone27 wrote: »

I agree. If you're not with them then your Against them in TS4.

I've had many encounters from these aggressors and I'm guessing it's not the same ones* you're referring to. So, it IS On All. No matter if you call it a side. If it's not agreed with then it's tried to be Stomped on from so many who feel anything not happy is "Troll." You can't say it's not that way and yet it's not only from a few.

At least the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 come in different flavors so they can all swim in their little groups. :P:

What they came to the TS3 forum on a dialy basis for two years running to tell you what a lousy game TS3 is?
  • Options
    Do you feel like there is a lot of rudeness here or do you feel the experience here is good?

Then we disagree. I read it as that you are in fact saying "Do you feel like that there is a lot of rudeness here (like me).." is implied but not actually said.

I'm sorry but that is what I feel. I don't like this type of fishing post anyway and assumed you were new to the Forums.

Please do not reply as I will not be reading it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top