Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• onehummingbirdonehummingbird Posts: 123 Member
    @lyssan that's an awesome build! The green exterior is unexpected, and the detailing around the porch is a really nice touch.
  • LacedMetalLacedMetal Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2017
    @onehummingbird Welcome. We're all a bit crazy here, but it's a pleasant bunch. Please check out the off topic forums to up your thread count so you reach full member status soon. Please be advised, triple posting is best not done. You'll soon have edit features :heart:

I'm loving my new build. Today was for sculpting, so no sims.

Lovely entries all. I keep refreshing in excitement for what ya'll will share :smiley:
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Hi everyone, newbie here! I love building more than actually playing the Sims, so I look forward to this group. :smile:

I created a house for the challenge but can't add it because I'm new to the forums and can't post links yet. I'm going to read up on how to get points and hopefully I'll be a full member by next Wednesday... Unless anyone knows a way around this?? Any help is appreciated!

@onehummingbird , even if you aren't a full member yet, you can still enter the contest. Post your links with the header broken up like this: h t t p We will put the link back together for you. @rosemow has a thread that tells you about becoming a full member. Perhaps she will weigh in here and link you to it. :smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    Hi everyone, newbie here! I love building more than actually playing the Sims, so I look forward to this group. :smile:

I created a house for the challenge but can't add it because I'm new to the forums and can't post links yet. I'm going to read up on how to get points and hopefully I'll be a full member by next Wednesday... Unless anyone knows a way around this?? Any help is appreciated!

@onehummingbird , even if you aren't a full member yet, you can still enter the contest. Post your links with the header broken up like this: h t t p We will put the link back together for you. @rosemow has a thread that tells you about becoming a full member. Perhaps she will weigh in here and link you to it. :smiley:

Hello @StSciurus :) It is very kind of you to help onehummingbird :) Since the time that they posted the post, they have found the thread that explains about becoming a full member and have also posted on the introduction thread. It is very thoughtful and welcoming of you to help them :)
    @StSciurus & @rosemow you're both awesome, thanks!
    CHALLENGE #: 63 - Ley Lines
    FORUM ID: onehummingbird
    ORIGIN ID: onehummingbird
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: 13 Ramblethorne Way
    LOT COST: $2,500
    BUILD COST: $62,423
    TOTAL COST: $64, 923
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h t t p : / / i m g u r . c o m / a / 0 Q M M e
    ENTRY DETAILS: Big families shouldn't have to sacrifice the finer things. 13 Ramblethorne way is a cozy, space-efficient Victorian home. With classic architecture and high quality furnishings, neighbors will have no idea the Okados purchased this charming home on such a tight budget. 13 Ramblethorne Way boasts 4 bedrooms, including a spacious master bedroom and closet. Even the kids' rooms have a touch of classic sophistication. The garage has been equipped with ample gardening space. A small skylight lets filtered sunlight through for the plants, so that Mrs. Okado can flex her green thumb while hiding from the sun. Nearly every room in this home can easily be expanded when Mrs. Okado gets that big promotion.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    I'm a new member and can't share images just yet. Working on it!
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h t t p ://imgur.com/a/0QMMe [thank you for fixing :smile:]
    ENTRY DETAILS: Big families shouldn't have to sacrifice the finer things. 13 Ramblethorne way is a cozy, space-efficient Victorian home. With classic architecture and high quality furnishings, neighbors will have no idea the Okados purchased this charming home on such a tight budget. 13 Ramblethorne Way boasts 4 bedrooms, including a spacious master bedroom and closet. Even the kids' rooms have a touch of classic sophistication. The garage has been equipped with ample gardening space. A small skylight lets filtered sunlight through for the plants, so that Mrs. Okado can flex her green thumb while hiding from the sun. Nearly every room in this home can easily be expanded when Mrs. Okado gets that big promotion.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    FORUM ID: undressyourbones
    ORIGIN ID: undressyourbones
    LOT: Tranquil Crescent
    LOT COST: $2, 500
    BUILD COST: $55,667
    TOTAL COST: $58,167
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is the first time trying to make this style home. I am very under budget, but I didn't realize it. I've kept the decorating
    simple for two reasons:

1. I imagine the husband and wife liking the simple life without too much clutter so I tried to emulate that.
    2. I don't feel there are many things that are victorian themed or give the feel of it to me in terms of tinier
    decorations or painting, etc. I didn't want to end up repeating similar items over and over again or just
    bulking up on furniture for the sake of taking up space.

I tried to make it a smaller house while still keeping some rooms wide and open so as not to appear to tight of
    a squeeze, also including the patios to give the place more of a spacial feel.

bb.moveobjects was used in creating this build so I reccomend turning it on just in case that affects how you see
    it if you download it.

Master bedroom, family bathroom and sitting room/living room are upstairs.
    Downstairs is the kitchen and 3 of the children's bedrooms as well as the 1/2
    bathroom under the stairs.
    The basement is also included in the build. Empty as requested.

The Wife's gardening area is on the left side of the house under a gazebo covered
    in green wildlife to shade her from the harsh sun.

Thank you very much for looking at my first entry! I'm excited to join!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. I'm new at building , so I'd appreciate it!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

VuQEDpZ.png
    DVMr1Mw.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited February 2017
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/0QMMe [thank you for fixing :smile:]

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

s3do8E1.png

GRBp62o.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Welcome, @onehummingbird and @undressyourbones!! You have both created amazing creations for your first entries here @BuildnShare!! As @LacedMetal suggested, we are all bit mad over here, but we're a helpful bunch, so if you ever need anything just shout!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @onehummingbird and @undressyourbones - don't forget to check out the official facebook and twitter pages :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: golden_glow
    ORIGIN ID: golden_glow
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6A38C9A9FB5A11E68F925FCC3DBFD9B8
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $62,979
    TOTAL COST: $64,979
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/aeU3v
    ENTRY DETAILS: A traditional English Victorian home situated in Forgotten Hollow boasts 4 doubles bedrooms across three floors, a fishing spot and a hidden basement. The perfect home for a large vampire family. Note: I deliberately chose not to use mirrors in the bathrooms as vampires do not have reflections :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: RBgqnEp.png
    @BuildNShare thank you for the warm welcome and for fixing that link for me!
    @golden_glow that window seat in the dining room is my favorite! Well done. :smile:
  • undressyourbonesundressyourbones Posts: 345 Member
    @FaithofKaela & @BuildnShare , thank you very much for your welcome! (:
    I am now following your twitter.
    @BuildNShare is it possible to add these two photos to my entry? I didn't realize you could fix the links on those, too.

h t t p s://i.imgur.com/s3do8E1.png
    h t t p s://i.imgur.com/GRBp62o.png
    @BuildNShare is it possible to add these two photos to my entry? I didn't realize you could fix the links on those, too.

h t t p s://i.imgur.com/s3do8E1.png
    h t t p s://i.imgur.com/GRBp62o.png

@onehummingbird : done! (see above) :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    All of your fantastic builds are tempting me to purchase the Vampire pack...
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    edited February 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT:Victorian Vampire House
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1BE59D11FD8111E68B8AC0A5F03BDD40?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sor
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 62,902
    TOTAL COST: 64,902
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/cdieL
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to change my original entry, a Victorian build in Newcrest to a vampire house in Forgotten Hollow. The house boasts 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a garden outside with plasma trees. There is also a pond outside and two coffins in the basement.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

SPACE FOR PICTURES
    nypTm0d.png
    Post edited by popettypop2012 on
    edited February 2017
    FORUM ID: faithofkaela
    ORIGIN ID: faithofkaela
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Briars
    BUILD COST: 62,138
    TOTAL COST: 64,138
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Briars Showcase
    ENTRY DETAILS: Welcome Home! The Briars is a 4 bedroom, victorian style family home. Created for #BNS63 Ley Lines. This home consists of 4 double bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms and includes a piano, a science table, bookcase and a yoga mat at a low price of under $65,000. There is also a small basement for storing anything, it's large enough to cope with most family's storage needs, you could even fit a couple coffins down there.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Used

SPACE FOR PICTURES: NdZKGsQ.jpg
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    @popettypop2012 nice build! I don't have the vampire pack so my house was pretty normal, too. (Except that it's haunted. :wink:)
    @FaithofKaela your house is so sleek inside! And that kids' messy area is a great idea.
    @onehummingbird - thanks, sweetie! I just thought it might help contain the inevitable chaos that would come with having six kids under one roof!
    Is there a place for Build-N-Sharers to share recent builds that aren't entries for the current challenge? Like, for instance, your runner-up homes that you built for a challenge but decided to submit a different one?

I spent hours designing a home for the Zer0Doxy challenge but then it was kindly brought to my attention that I was on the Sims3 thread. Lol oops, still figuring this out.
    @onehummingbird - no there isn't, but you should think about creating your own space to showcase your wonderful creations, let us know if you need a hand figuring it all out.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Foxcote

BUILD COST: 62,976
    TOTAL COST: 64,976
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/WWCLA
    ENTRY DETAILS: Victorian style build with a hint of gothic and modern amenities. Comprises four double bedrooms, kitchen, dining and living rooms and small basement for storage. Outdoor areas include driveway, fishing pond, bbq, picnic, bonfire and kids area divided by trees.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

dCXzfsQ.png

PlRJ57S.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file