Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

$39.99 FOR ONE DESTINATION?!

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
🐸🐸🐸🐸...........?! I am not gonna pay a price of an expansion pack FOR 1 DESTINATION....this shouldn't even be allowed to go through the survey stage :unamused: I don't see how having the option to live in a hotel (a new feature) or choosing to rent a cabin (a reused concept from Granite Falls) and exploeing winter-ish areas is worth the asking price of $40

Paying $20, the price of a gamepack, for 1 destination was acceptable but having the courage to list that concept for a STAGGERING $40 is intolerable (at least for me). Again, I know it is only a concept and it won't 100% happen but the thought of actually thinking of listing it for $40 astonishes me and shouldn't be permissible. EA is literally now trying to milk the money out of us in the most efficient way. First we pay $20 for one destination, then $20 for each lifestage, and NOW $40 FOR 1 LOCATION...JUST NO. Thoughts?

Source: https://simsvip.com/2017/02/23/sims-4-yet-another-survey-surfaced/
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I agree with cathound01. And even if it does and that is the actual cost, you can always buy it on sale.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Cathound01 wrote: »
    I say stop stressing about something that might not even come to pass.

Even hypothetically, OP's input is valuable. If you mean to -literally- not sweat it and get worked up over it, sure, but even if this is a fake fan imitation survey, there's value to commenting on what fan ideas we like and which we don't.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Cathound01 wrote: »
    I say stop stressing about something that might not even come to pass.

I addressed this comment before-hand because I knew someone would say that so..........."Again, I know it is only a concept and it won't 100% happen but the thought of actually thinking of listing it for $40 astonishes me and shouldn't be permissible." :|

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2017
    If it's a full size world, what's the issue?

This looks like the same level of Island Paradise, except the Hotels are actually real.
    And knowing how the worlds are in The Sims 4, it will have double the detail, with different kinds of areas - and I can actually enjoy it without lag.

Island Paradise could barely be enjoyed.

So I'm fine.
  • Options
    I agree with cathound01. And even if it does and that is the actual cost, you can always buy it on sale.

My post isn't dedicated solely to this pack, what I meant by this thread is they shouldn't just keep splitting the packs more and more and charge us even a greater amount.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

This looks like the same level of Island Paradise, except the Hotels are actually real.
    And knowing how the worlds are in The Sims 4, it will have double the detail, with different kinds of areas - and I can actually enjoy it without lag.

So I'm fine.

I stopped reading at that part 'And knowing how the worlds are in The Sims 4, it will have double the detail'. Someone hasn't seen their cardboard trees yet............ :unamused:

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    You guys get really stressed out about hoaxes.
  • Options
    OEII1001 wrote: »

So what? I despise the attitude of users getting in my life and telling me what should I have an argument about and what I should not. Maybe I do like getting worked up over nothing, does it affect you?

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

So what? I despise the attitude of users getting in my life and telling me what should I have an argument about and what I should not. Maybe I do like getting worked up over nothing, does it affect you?

It was simply an observation. The polls are most assuredly fake, meaning that nothing is coming of them. And, yes, it is very apparent that you enjoy being agitated. Your blood pressure must be something to behold.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

You posted an opinion on a discussion board, in an area of it called Discussion. People are gonna discuss.

Me, I'd like Sims 4 seaside and mountain vacation worlds that can also be lived in, that are full-on towns with actual locals, not just a neighbourhood. I suspect that there's a reason we've only seen full worlds in EPs: the budget for a GP probably doesn't extend far enough for 5-6 neighbourhoods, with a much greater variety of backdrop views. Bring on the EPs, say I. I want to live up in the snowy mountain and in the beachfront town, and I want them to have loads of variety.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

So I'm fine.

I stopped reading at that part 'And knowing how the worlds are in The Sims 4, it will have double the detail'. Someone hasn't seen their cardboard trees yet............ :unamused:

Distant backdrops being 2D like every other game including The Sims 3?
    Go to the edges of Sunset Valley for example and it's 2D galore, without even entering TAB mode. No point to be made.

I'm not talking about backdrops, I'm talking about world detail in the playable area and close up backdrops.

Delete all the lots in The Sims 3 and you'll get terrain, and some trees and water with roads.
    Do the same in The Sims 4 and you'll still be left with a ton of detail.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    if it came to be real i would pay that price and @Wulfsimmer if you make a topic on a certain subject then othher memebers of the forum will went to discuss it thats the point of a thread
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    It's basically a winter version of Island Paradise with actual Hotels that aren't Rabbit Holes.

Sign me up.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    plum...........?! I am not gonna pay a price of an expansion pack FOR 1 DESTINATION....this shouldn't even be allowed to go through the survey stage :unamused: I don't see hsving the option to live in a hotel (a new feature) or choosing to rent a cabin (a reused concept from Granite Falls) and exploeing winter-ish areas is worth the asking price of $40

Paying $20, the price of a gamepack, for 1 destination was acceptable but having the courage to list that concept for a STAGGERING $40 is intolerable (at least for me). Again, I know it is only a concept and it won't 100% happen but the thought of actually thinking of listing it for $40 astonishes me and shouldn't be permissible. EA is literally now trying to milk the money out of us in the most efficient way. First we pay $20 for one destination, then $20 for each lifestage, and NOW $40 FOR 1 LOCATION...JUST NO. Thoughts?

I would pay 40 dollars for a new destination because Granite Falls is getting old.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You posted an opinion on a discussion board, in an area of it called Discussion. People are gonna discuss.

Me, I'd like Sims 4 seaside and mountain vacation worlds that can also be lived in, that are full-on towns with actual locals, not just a neighbourhood. I suspect that there's a reason we've only seen full worlds in EPs: the budget for a GP probably doesn't extend far enough for 5-6 neighbourhoods, with a much greater variety of backdrop views. Bring on the EPs, say I. I want to live up in the snowy mountain and in the beachfront town, and I want them to have loads of variety.

This kind of discussion I don't mind but I absolutely hate the judgement of MY actions and trying to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't. The sarcastic reply doesn't help either >.>
    Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    if it came to be real i would pay that price and @Wulfsimmer if you make a topic on a certain subject then othher memebers of the forum will went to discuss it thats the point of a thread

-_-

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    plum...........?! I am not gonna pay a price of an expansion pack FOR 1 DESTINATION....this shouldn't even be allowed to go through the survey stage :unamused: I don't see hsving the option to live in a hotel (a new feature) or choosing to rent a cabin (a reused concept from Granite Falls) and exploeing winter-ish areas is worth the asking price of $40

Most likely Winter Wonderland Vacation will be part of a Gamepack meaning it will be $20.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    It's fan made

No that survey was proven to be real I believe. A reliable source got it.

Also check out this tweet from SimGuruDaniel
  • Options
    It's basically a winter version of Island Paradise with actual Hotels that aren't Rabbit Holes.

Sign me up.

I actually want this pack. That won't stop all worlds from having weather once the Seasons EP comes out.
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    These all look good (the ones in the link), if they are done well I would buy them all.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

This kind of discussion I don't mind but I absolutely hate the judgement of MY actions and trying to tell me what I should do and what I shouldn't. The sarcastic reply doesn't help either >.>
    Then don't post and complain about a survey and just because you wouldn't pay 40 dollars maybe others are willing to. We only have one vacation destination right now and there are only so many times I can take seeing Granite Falls so I say bring a new destination otherwise my sims are wasting vacation days because they never go anywhere or take days off.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    I want Sims 4:Dream Job. :smiley:
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    By the way who gets these surveys and how did bowling make it thru?