March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    So usually my YA's are getting married but now they aren't.

What are the settings to turn it on again?
  • SimShadylolSimShadylol Posts: 4 New Member
    So I really want to download the MC Command Center but for some reason I can't seem to do it on my Mac. I download it and put it in the Mods folder but no program that I've downloaded seems to work to open the file. I've seen so many step by step guides for windows but nothing for a mac and I can't figure out how to do this ! Help, I feel so dumb
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member
    So I really want to download the MC Command Center but for some reason I can't seem to do it on my Mac. I download it and put it in the Mods folder but no program that I've downloaded seems to work to open the file. I've seen so many step by step guides for windows but nothing for a mac and I can't figure out how to do this ! Help, I feel so dumb

Hello @SimShadylol
    This link thread may help you to install the mod on a Mac
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/3vifbe/mc_command_center_on_mac/
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @GalacticGal ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer_Online:_Age_of_Reckoning

I didn't know they'd shut it down till the first time I stumbled across that page... 3 years after the fact. :(

But this was the game, and it was pretty fun. ;)
    So usually my YA's are getting married but now they aren't.

What are the settings to turn it on again?

Did you ask about this on MTS, too? Here's a quote from Deaderpool replying to a very similar question...
    There are quite a few settings for Sims getting married and having kids...there's not just a single setting I can say, "Do this to make Sims have kids and get married." On the main description page, there is the MC Pregnancy section that describes all the settings for pregnancy and marriage. I recommend looking through those. Also, you should make sure that you just don't have notifications turned-off for marriage and pregnancy and that you're just not getting messages when they are happening but they're still happening. If that's the case, if you have logging enabled you'll still see the messages in your log file.
    Post 19905

If it's a Notifications issue (and isn't from the settings for that in Pregnancy > Other Settings or Marriage > Other Settings), also look under Computer > MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > ... 3 submenus here with all sorts of things you might want to enable.

If you need to enable Logging, that's here:

Computer > MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging

Anyone know why when I age up sims using MCCC that it doesn't start the period completely new into their age range?

I aged a sim up she was a teen 6/10 days, to a young adult and it aged her to young adult 6/25 instead of 0/25?

Catching this again, OMW to bed, but I just had a thought...

If you used MC to age her up and then down again, she'd still be at 6, right?

What if you then took younger-her into CAS and put her at the next age stage that way? I'd be interested to see how many days that shows. Might be a good workaround until Deaderpool can get it fixed (sounds likely for 3.3.0, to me).

Will it fly? I don't have time to check, I should've been in bed an hour or so ago.

BBL!
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    Anyone know why when I age up sims using MCCC that it doesn't start the period completely new into their age range?

I aged a sim up she was a teen 6/10 days, to a young adult and it aged her to young adult 6/25 instead of 0/25?

What if you then took younger-her into CAS and put her at the next age stage that way? I'd be interested to see how many days that shows. Might be a good workaround until Deaderpool can get it fixed (sounds likely for 3.3.0, to me).

Will it fly? I don't have time to check, I should've been in bed an hour or so ago.

BBL!

It does the same thing in CAS too. I aged a child with 2 days left to age to teen, when I went back in game she was a teen with 2 days left to age to YA. I reloaded the game and she still had that same age (2 days to YA). I had to put her back to child and wait 2 days. I also tried YA to Adult with same results.

BBL!

It does the same thing in CAS too. I aged a child with 2 days left to age to teen, when I went back in game she was a teen with 2 days left to age to YA. I reloaded the game and she still had that same age (2 days to YA). I had to put her back to child and wait 2 days. I also tried YA to Adult with same results.

Thanks! I posted the link to your post to MC comments. I'm interested in what DP has to say about it. ;)
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    @egwarhammer I'm off to bed but just wanted to let you know that the age bug is not related to MCCC 3.2.0. I pulled my mods, started a new game, opened the cheat window and enabled testingcheats and fulleditmode. I had the same results.
    So you guys probably know itasan2's Show/Search Sim Info is my second-favorite mod. Must-have status, just like MC. Another one I don't play without, unless FORCED.

This is purely a PSA, completely voluntary. He just launched a Patreon page for the mod, and he's only asking for a dollar. Getting his feet wet, I imagine. I just wanted to mention it, I'd love to see it take off for him. I know some of you enjoy the mod as much as I do, just sharing the joy, really. Zero pressure.

Looks are free... :p if you go, while you're there, check out some of the other creators. Maybe you'll find YOUR idea, you know? Some of those pages are downright impressive. B)

So I'm going to assume offering beta-releases on Patreon is cutting WAY down on MTS-level bug reports.

Cool byproduct, eh? Haven't really seen anything gone wrong with MC that operator error doesn't cover, overall. That's pretty sweet!
    ;)
    edited February 2017
    @Bonxie do you have, or would you Pretty Please put together, a tutorial on using Dresser and Cleaner to get rid of the orange bra that bad cc makes show up?

Edit: add link to MTS post. OOPS! http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5168103#post5168103

DP missed some steps, and the guy with the issue just isn't catching on. I'd love to have something step by step to give him. But I don't run with much cc, and only see the bra occasionally.

I've never done more with it than just refresh their bathing outfit, because the only piece of REAL cc I have isn't even for females. >.<

Thanks! <3
    By the way, Deaderpool is out of town till tomorrow night. We're on deck for tech support. ;)

His wife's aunt passed away, they're gone for the funeral. (Wife is doing okay, they weren't super-close, but she's family, so they're going. Understandable for sure.)

Just wanted to let you know, and beg for reinforcements. "This too shall pass"... right?

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    @Bonxie do you have, or would you Pretty Please put together, a tutorial on using Dresser and Cleaner to get rid of the orange bra that bad cc makes show up?

Edit: add link to MTS post. OOPS! http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5168103#post5168103

DP missed some steps, and the guy with the issue just isn't catching on. I'd love to have something step by step to give him. But I don't run with much cc, and only see the bra occasionally.

I've never done more with it than just refresh their bathing outfit, because the only piece of REAL cc I have isn't even for females. >.<

Thanks! <3

Yeah - I just tried to reproduce the issue to have some foundation for the step by step list.

But unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on the point of view ;) ) my game runs flawless, even with tons of female cc. Pretty unlikely that some of the pieces are NOT buggy, but nevertheless it works like a charm.

I will be back later, hopefully with some results.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Grab something definitely broken recently, and try it then, maybe? There's tons of lists... it's not a GREAT idea, but, it's an idea.

Late for bed, WAY late... be back tonight, and thanks for looking into it, @Bonxie !! Appreciate it. <3
    edited February 2017
    Grab something definitely broken recently, and try it then, maybe? There's tons of lists... it's not a GREAT idea, but, it's an idea.

Late for bed, WAY late... be back tonight, and thanks for looking into it, @Bonxie !! Appreciate it. <3

Ok - here we go...

How to reset the bathing outfit...

Make sure, that the target sim changes into the bathing outfit, for example using "Outfits > Change into nude" or simply sending her into the shower.

Run the cleaner to fix the bathing outfit.
    Sim:MC Command Center > MC Dresser > Outfit Commands > Clean Outfits

With this step the orange bra will be removed from the sim.

According to my tests this procedure fixes the problem permanently.

Edit: If you change to CAS and back, the orange bra will show up again. As long as you don't change to CAS the issue doesn't reappear, even if you exit and restart the game. Having broken CC in game or not doesn't matter at all. According to some sources this is an original EA bug which has to be fixed by EA.

#MCCC #Cleaner #Dresser #BathingOutfit
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    TY @Bonxie for that, hopefully it'll get H a i n e over his stuck spot.

What did you mean, don't change to CAS? Like, EVER? Um...

:o

Cheerleader slept a grand total of 4 hours. No idea what woke me up. But I'm around for a while.

Unfortunately yes. Once you changed to CAS and returned to live mode the bra shows up again.

But if you run the "Clean Outfits" command it's fixed again as long as you stay out of CAS. This was at least the result of my tests with a vanilla game. The only mods I uses were MC and the decensor.

In 'my' game I don't have this problem because of some other mods in game...
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Unfortunately yes. Once you changed to CAS and returned to live mode the bra shows up again.

But if you run the "Clean Outfits" command it's fixed again as long as you stay out of CAS. This was at least the result of my tests with a vanilla game. The only mods I uses were MC and the decensor.

I had something similar but it was a while ago that I fixed it so I am a bit vague on the fine details.

Symptoms: Pink bra and pants in the shower. Could fix using MC but entering CAS and returning caused a recurrence.
    Cause: Rogue CC kept resetting as 'Default' wear. MC would remove rogue CC for shower but game substituted 'pink bra' so I never saw rogue CC in the shower. Entering CAS caused the 'Default CC' to be reapplied.
    Solution: Used Sims 4 Studio (S4S) but a bit vague on details:
    (A.) Running batch CAS fix using 'disallow for random' > 'disallow for shower' > 'disallow for default'.
    Note: you must run 'disallow for default' last otherwise the CC will reset as a default garment.
    (B.) Using the 'Warehouse' tab in S4S I spotted a part flag setting for 'default' that was not removed using the normal 'batch fix'.
    Having cleaned the CC, I ran MC dresser clean on the sim to reset the bathing attire to match "The Emperor's New Clothes".

I have not had a problem since I found and removed the Part Flag setting. That may have no bearing on this case but I thought it worth a mention.
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Bonxie wrote: »

I had something similar but it was a while ago that I fixed it so I am a bit vague on the fine details.

Symptoms: Pink bra and pants in the shower. Could fix using MC but entering CAS and returning caused a recurrence.
    Cause: Rogue CC kept resetting as 'Default' wear. MC would remove rogue CC for shower but game substituted 'pink bra' so I never saw rogue CC in the shower. Entering CAS caused the 'Default CC' to be reapplied.
    Solution: Used Sims 4 Studio (S4S) but a bit vague on details:
    (A.) Running batch CAS fix using 'disallow for random' > 'disallow for shower' > 'disallow for default'.
    Note: you must run 'disallow for default' last otherwise the CC will reset as a default garment.
    (B.) Using the 'Warehouse' tab in S4S I spotted a part flag setting for 'default' that was not removed using the normal 'batch fix'.
    Having cleaned the CC, I ran MC dresser clean on the sim to reset the bathing attire to match "The Emperor's New Clothes".

I have not had a problem since I found and removed the Part Flag setting. That may have no bearing on this case but I thought it worth a mention.

@Cyclelegs Thanks! Would you mind terribly to copy this post to MC comments? That would be awesome.
    edited February 2017
    I got a rather odd Pregnancy run with MC. In my opinion I had far too many "OMG your what!" type pregnancies.

I don't think I can discuss it here except in generic terms. I moved my post to MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5168939#post5168939. I hope it is ok to discuss it there.

I have two age ranges set to allow random pregnancy. They could be YA and Adult. My understanding is that MC combines the age ranges and increases the likelihood of pregnancy as the sim progresses through the combined age span. So, with YA and Adult enabled, a newly aged YA has a low chance of pregnancy, rising to a medium chance as they age to Adult and becoming high just before they age to elder.

What I saw suggested that MC takes the ages separately rather than combining the age span for the pregnancy run. I ran the alarm 3 times with similar results.

Anyone know how MC calculates the probability of pregnancy across the age spans. Is it each individual age or the combined age span?

Post edited by Cyclelegs on
    edited February 2017
    I got a rather odd Pregnancy run with MC. In my opinion I had far too many ...(unexpected) pregnancies. (edited by EG)

Please edit references to t p. out of this. You can use "VYA" (very young adult).

Edit: I have the original post saved locally.
    Post edited by egwarhammer on
    Please edit references to teen p. out of this. You can use "VYA" (very young adult). This'll raise big flags here.

Sorry EG. I had no idea that we couldn't discuss the subject here.
    I got a rather odd Pregnancy run with MC. In my opinion I had far too many "OMG your what!" type pregnancies.

I don't think I can discuss it here except in generic terms. I moved my post to MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5168939#post5168939. I hope it is ok to discuss it there.

I have two age ranges set to allow random pregnancy. They could be YA and Adult. My understanding is that MC combines the age ranges and increases the likelihood of pregnancy as the sim progresses through the combined age span. So, with YA and Adult enabled, a newly aged YA has a low chance of pregnancy, rising to a medium chance as they age to Adult and becoming high just before they age to elder.

What I saw suggested that MC takes the ages separately rather than combining the age span for the pregnancy run. I ran the alarm 3 times with similar results.

Anyone know how MC calculates the probability of pregnancy across the age spans. Is it each individual age or the combined age span?

Thanks for editing this, and the additional post to comments. I think it should be okay to talk about there, THEIR "sticking point" seems to be more Paypal-restrictions related, than having anything to do with Ratings, which is what this board considers important.

To my understanding, MC weights your chances heavier the closer to the end of your "window"... but I *don't* know how it works as ages get closer to birthdays. That's why I hoped you'd ask there. I think it's a question best suited for Deaderpool. I'm interested in what he says, too.

It sounds like it's seeing more windows than it should. Does that make sense? (Should be one *longer* time span, not two "brackets" with more babies at the end of each, I mean.) I think I understand what you're saying. It does seem odd.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top