Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My friend who has a mac is having abnormally long loading screens

I'm writing this because my friend isn't very tech savvy or even forum savvy, so I'm writing this for her. My friend has been having really long loading screens since the toddler patch, 16 minutes was her latest loading screen. She tried repairing via origin and it didn't help her. She hasn't uninstalled and tried reinstalling, but I'm not sure how much it would help. I just told her to delete the localthumbcache, so hopefully that helps. Any other tips besides reinstalling will be much appreciated. She has a 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.6GHz Dual-core Intel i5 with Retina Display.

No mods, only one expansion which is get to work, never had this problem before toddler patch
445.png
The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the time.
One with a collar turtle neck!!! That's the kind!!

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2017
    I would ask her to try playing a new game just to see if the issue is with that specific save or in general. Tell her not to save while testing and make a backup copy of her save before doing so.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Here is the best way to test.

1) Move the Sims 4 folder (found in Documents >Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to the Desktop. DO NOT DELETE! This is where all the CC, mods and Saved games are.

2) Start the game remembering that none of the CC, mods or Saved games will be there. Just start a new game. Don't worry about the moved Sims 4 folder. The game itself will build a new one and your saved games are safe and cozy on the Desktop. Play for a while (at least an hour) to see if the game repeats the long load screens. Save and close out just test and see what if anything else odd is happening.

3) You didn't say if your friend had any CC, so it could be something in the CC that may be causing the lag in the game. If they do have CC, either too much CC or a piece(s) may be causing the lag. Culling the CC will be the only other option.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    Unless your friend needs her old saves i would just chuck the Sims 4 folder into the trash and save the mods. I has to do that because my game was so slow and unplayable. And it worked. I would also recommend cutting the CC down if your friend has any.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.