Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If "Project Vie" succeeds...

SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
So, I'm pretty sure you've all heard about Project Vie by now; it's that game that was announced that's supposed to compete with the Sims 4. The devs are even THREATENING EA with this game, saying it'll "give them something to be afraid of."

Darn! If that's true, then Project VIE might just kill the Sims' fanbase upon launch!

And that's exactly what I'm afraid of. What are your thoughts on the matter? In my opinion, it could give EA competition, but look at what happened to other games that killed their competitors. Sims is important to me, and I don't want this to happen.
Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]

Comments

• knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    With the success of games such as planet coaster and skylines, be interesting to see how another developer make a life simulation game. Can't wait for more info.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't see it as competition. Sure it's new for the sims, but after 16 years of sims history it's going to be really hard to lose their fan base. I mean how many scary video games are out there? They constantly compete, but they keep getting money.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    There have been simulations off and on over the years. There's plenty of room in the free market for two simulations, and I'm sure both would offer a different experience.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't see it as competition. Sure it's new for the sims, but after 16 years of sims history it's going to be really hard to lose their fan base. I mean how many scary video games are out there? They constantly compete, but they keep getting money.

You forget that people are very unhappy with Sims 4, and this game might actually have stuff they want in it. So...
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

You forget that people are very unhappy with Sims 4, and this game might actually have stuff they want in it. So...

Sure they are angry, but it still one of the most sold games. I'm not even a huge fan of this game in comparison to others. I also think it quite pathetic and childish to be threatening EA. If they are so sure their game is gonna be a success they shouldn't feel so insecure that they need to start threatening a company.
    21mbz47.jpg
    There have been simulations off and on over the years. There's plenty of room in the free market for two simulations, and I'm sure both would offer a different experience.

I remember a thread about another simulation game, I forgot the name, they also said it could compete with the sims, but many people here didn't really like it because even though the graphics were amazing the way you played was as a first person, so you couldn't even really see your character.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2017
    I doubt it'll really do that much harm to the sims fanbase even if it's good... but I have doubts about it plenty of people would play both and plenty wouldn't switch at all.

But if it does steal the sims fan base it's EAs own fault for not making the game able to hold up against competition.
  • Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    Apparently their reddit account got deleted. Now, i'm not sure if that's because they were using reddit solely as a platform to advertise (not allowed on reddit) but something seems fishy there. Just don't get your hopes up guys.
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I consider this "project vie" to be fake until / unless if they announce one day the name of the main developers.
    Never trust the "it will be wonderful".
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I love the sims, but I also like options. I just heard about this and i'm pretty excited. I mean, it's just like what @Orchid13 said about horror games (and games in general). Did Silent Hill stop Resident Evil? Did Sonic stop Mario? Did "Life is Strange" stop Telltale? Nope Nope and Nope. But it did give the older games a reason to step up their game a bit. And who knows? Something else may also come along that might inspire them both.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
    edited February 2017
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I love the sims, but I also like options. I just heard about this and i'm pretty excited. I mean, it's just like what @Orchid13 said about horror games (and games in general). Did Silent Hill stop Resident Evil? Did Sonic stop Mario? Did "Life is Strange" stop Telltale? Nope Nope and Nope. But it did give the older games a reason to step up their game a bit. And who knows? Something else may also come along that might inspire them both.

Oooh yeah! The Sims 4 needs some competition :) go back to its roots for real.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    I'm sorry but nothing about this Project Vie points to an actual company, or even competence.

They've shown nothing beyond a logo and their website is literally just a domain redirect to a tumblr with the words "Project Vie".

Don't get your hopes up, it'll probably be a kickstarter that will never come to fruition.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Didn't someone on here already prove that "Project Vie" is false or whatever?

*found it* taken from this thread
    Screen_Shooooot.png
    Didn't someone on here already prove that "Project Vie" is false or whatever?

*found it* taken from this thread
    Screen_Shooooot.png

prove is a strong word considering they won't actually provide evidence, but the testimony combined with the PR behavior of Project Vie and their lack of showcasing talent is enough for me to say definitively, it's a troll or scam. Also I highly doubt EA is threatened in the slightest by this display. There's no professionalism to it at all.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

• monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't worry about it because it's pretty clear it's a hoax. The screenshot above combined with the fact that they wouldn't answer any substantive questions on either reddit or Twitter and the fact that the reddit account has been suspended (along with several sockpuppets accounts of the dude responsible) points to this being fake.

I feel for the people who got their hopes up. I also can't believe how gullible the gaming press is to write articles about this game without almost any information.
    Post edited by monkeypants1 on
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    As much as I'd love to see another kind of live simulator (don't get me wrong, I love the sims) I'm a 100% sure it's fake.
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    Wait what is project vie?
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
    Wait what is project vie?

A scam started by a malicious community member, that's all you really need to know.

• AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    If Project Vie is true, maybe Robert Castor and Beau Merrick may transfer there! ;) Kupo!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm in the camp of people who are skeptical without tangible information. I'm also currently enjoying Sims 4 so I'm not really on the market for another game. I only have so much time for gaming anyway. The Sims is an old favorite for me so I play it but I'm not wild about a lot of modern games.

I wouldn't rule it out if it actually becomes tangible and interesting but I don't really share the complaints of a lot of people so I'm unlikely to have much interest unless it can convince me on its own merits of its value. Just saying that it's great without any actual evidence is not something that I'm interested in.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited February 2017
    You don't have to be all that intuitive to predict that even minor deviations from the Sims formula would disqualify any title in the life simuulation genre as a Sims competitor. They could offer a different experience.. and maybe even a better esperience to some.but definitely not a competing one.

Anyone expecting The Sims expereince (only better) would almost assuredly be disappointed.
    For a player not to be disappointed all expectations based on the Sims experience would need to be checked at the door.

People have a hard enough time coming to grips with changes from one iteration to the next under the same developer.