Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 Phenomenal makeovers! I mean, wow! :astonished:
    I just have to say that BEFORE the makeovers, Stiles was the best looking one. ;) I like the new name you gave Cycl0ne and yes, I was totally pronouncing it wrong! :lol:
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Aldith disappeared and I found her bowling in the basement. If I had known she would bowl in such an unlady-like fashion, I would have given her jeans instead of a pretty dress ;)
    32131878253_093e575083_b.jpg

@Mikezumi Oh my gosh I lol'd at this! :lol: Loved your "unlady-like fashion" comment. It reminds me of my mom. (Not a bad thing, she's amazing! <3 ) She's a very proper woman and always taught us girls how to be ladylike. :)
    Ebba's prom dress is pretty. :)

@Littledreamer1994 I really enjoyed reading the happenings in your game! :) Your pictures are stunning and well captured. You almost make me want to play Sims 4. ;)
    Poor Orphelia looks like she's SO exhausted and BEYOND ready to have that baby! :lol: (In the hospital pic).

@junceda FANTASTIC job on the Bistro!

@mycami21 Love watching Stephen and Sakura's journey. :)
    Sakura's hair looks different in the shower there. ;)
    I like the highlights in Stephen's hair too.
    Once I created a homeless Sim and it was actually really fun playing as him! :smiley: (I might've had him hook up with Agnes Crumplebottom and get her pregnant! :lol: )

@Surreal That is a CUTE little house! :) I'm going to have to follow your challenge story.

@ilikethesims30 Cece and Melanie seemed to have had quite a bit of fun in Al Simhara. Cute picture at the end. <3

@lanlyn So you're going to try out SP too? PLEASE let me know how it goes for you and maybe you can give me tips too when I eventually decide to try it out. ;)
    Oh my... :open_mouth: Those guys are a bunch of HOTTIES!!! :love:
    @CravenLestat 's cemetery is very beautiful. :star:
    Gorgeous pictures too. <3

I'm playing with a couple of Sims I added to Sam's world from the Sim bin. Will share pics later. :)
    Happy Simming my friends.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @mycami21 Nice update :smile:

@Surreal Nice pictures :smile: I love the greenhouse

@ilikethesims30 Nice pictures of your Sims :smile:

@lanlyn Nice pictures of the world :smile: I love the medieval look
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @lanlyn :o There can never be too many ghosts,no such thing.Nope nuh ugh nada never.I love ghosts :love: cant wait to see what you got up your sleeve :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    @CravenLestat I didn't check the ghosts' stats, but can you tell me what their ages are? A couple of the tombstones suggest they might be older than YAs.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited February 2017
    I swore up and down this new save I have been playing in was going to remain untainted by my own Sims, I was just going to play with the original townies, messing with their lives and redoing their houses. I broke that rule by inserting my simself into Jared's bed yesterday so in the spirit of playing clean I had to konk her off...I decided I really wanted another Jellybean ghost so....

I got smart and put this jellybean plant away from the house so I don't start another fire...

Yum!!

A66_zpsqhbxfnpq.jpg

A few highlights:

A68_zpscijpxycb.jpg

A70_zpstrtjirb2.jpg

A72_zpsoqd61hhm.jpg

A69_zpsls8sod6h.jpg

A71_zpshelubwaj.jpg

On fire!!

A73_zpsvdrykmae.jpg

A74_zpsfsoru2f3.jpg

FINALLY!!! it only took about about 28 dang jellybeans!

A76_zpsurpoqzkm.jpg

A75_zps1ega2ash.jpg

Awww, Jared is sad...and half nekked! ;)

A79_zps245ssnzs.jpg

Jellybean Ghosts really are pretty...they have little multi colored jellybeans floating around their bellies..

A81_zpsbalqejmn.jpg

Weeeeee!!

A82_zps3wtp5idp.jpg

I'll miss you too Jared.... :heartbreak:

A85_zpscax6ypsw.jpg

Over To Christopher's House....

Makeover time:

Before:

A62_zpsn2kkvkse.jpg

After: The glasses fetish continues....

A60_zpslny9txim.jpg

and because he's an angler, he needed a fishie tattoo...

A61_zps5todgsxc.jpg

The complete look, I kept his cute sandals:

A63_zpsyeoof4nr.jpg

I'm playing matchmaker too, Chris and Claire are both anglers and I might have someone better in mind for Jared, I already have a match for Connor...if he cooperates! Chris is actually VERY good with kids so Viola will have a nice new step dad.

First meeting...that's a good sign:

A86_zpskqr8whqg.jpg

Getting to know each other...it went well, he smiled a lot!

A59_zpse7vmdhme.jpg

A55_zpshpvxhbr7.jpg

Claire crying on Chris's shoulder over my SS's untimely death...sweet of her.

A57_zpsoetkkklp.jpg

Up to friends, first romantic-ish move then I shipped her home.

A56_zpsvciobn4m.jpg

Now to concentrate on redoing his house....

His House before:

A54_zpse9rvxcz1.jpg

After...Front:

A51_zpsgzqoxzcl.jpg

A45_zpsmwixhqvz.jpg

After Backyard:

A46_zps9c7aer90.jpg

A50_zps9gabjihv.jpg

Before inside set up:

A53_zpsh2ketaha.jpg

New Kitchen:

A49_zpsub9jjqf3.jpg

New Dining area:

A44_zpsvunnuivv.jpg

New Living room area:

A48_zpsbj7iyvij.jpg

New Bedroom:

A47_zps2qqr73yo.jpg

He seems happy with my work thus far...(actually he was watching TV...)

A42_zpsoapmxhrr.jpg

A43_zpsqc8ktkpv.jpg

:mrgreen:
    edited February 2017
    @lanlyn No they are all pretty..I did not add Annabelle and Lolita cause that was made in SV and they were already in SV.But

Lotta Greaves is in it YA from BP

Charlotte Lafontaine Adult who is even prettier at YA from RH

Sophia Carol YA dead elf from DV

Amika Kahale Adult from ST

Grizelda Tamelpan from RV

Jaquelin Chamberlain YA from BP

DfydFiZ.gif
    @Charlottesmom Girl! That was some crazy torture on your simself! :lol: I could tell you had way too much fun with that. :tongue: And you're right, Jelly Bean ghost colors are pretty.

Jared half nekkid. Rawr. :love:;)

Nice makeover on Christopher and he and Claire look really good together. <3

His house looks SO much better on the outside with your changes!
    And the interior too, WOW! :astonished:
    (I cry a little because you have so many cool objects in your game where if I try to add more SP's or store content to mine it might crash. :cry: )
    @CravenLestat Thanks for that info! Inside the building, I also have 2 urns: Eilleen Remington and Clara Harbucks. I just looked them up on Sims Wikia. Eilleen is an adult from Riverview and Clara is an adult from Roaring Heights. So, 8 ghost ladies in all. :)
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    A lot to comment on, but here goes:

@Mikezumi Thank you! :smiley:
    Helloooo Spencer! Cutie!
    I love the cow! I really need to use him at some point...I just love cattle. Around Christmas time, we often go to the Way of the Lights in the St. Louis area and they have a little animal area where you can feed and pet the animals. The cattle are so sweet! :heart: Very gentle and probably the only ones you can pet without them mistaking your fingers for food! (I love you, goats, but I am not edible! :lol: )
    Chef Jensen looks so cute!
    Love Ebba's prom dress!
    Ahaha! The first pick of Aldith at the bowling alley! :lol:

@emorrill "I'm the wa-wa-water boy. Drrrrr." :lol: Ah, I can't help it. The Captain Insano stuff especially always gets me. I love low-brow humor. :tongue:
    This truly is the best thread! 2 years old and still active!
    Thank you! :smiley: I think after Stiles is also the most attractive. But Cycl0ne does clean up nicely! :smile: Polish has to be one of the hardest languages for English speakers to read even if the characters are familiar to us. Vietnamese is up there too, I'd imagine. I'm still not sure what the correct pronunciation of "Nguyen" is! :lol: Like is it Win? Is it is "Wee-in"? Is it "Nwi-in?" I think it's different in the north and south, which just adds to my confusion. In a song I used to know called "Da Nghi" by a Vietnamese pop singer named Bao Thy, the lyrics came up, "anh cho em la da nghi" and she pronounces the "ng" in the word "nghi" as an n sound. So it's pronounced "dah-nee" So is Nguyen "nee-yen"? I love Vietnamese, but it is a brainbuster sometimes. :lol:

Also, because it's kind of adorable watching a country like Vietnam try to be hip, here's the music video to said song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wactvu7KHik

(Wait aww they got so much better in this song that I literally just discovered:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3RWIjn9NDY )
    Bao Thy is really an artist I think would benefit from making the jump to kpop. She's talented, but not enough people pay attention to the pop world of Vietnam...hell, people don't pay attention to Vietnam at all really.

@FoundMarbles So what you're telling me this doctor is probably one who drops tools in his patients during surgery and stitches them up with the tools still inside. :tongue:
    Reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld when Kramer drops the Junior Mint in the guy while they're watching a surgery. :lol:

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you! :smiley:

@CravenLestat I think you mean Emma. :tongue: I haven't touched Lisa Bunch yet. Just the Roomie Family! Thank you, still! :smiley:
    I downloaded the pattern creator specifically because of you. :lol: God knows mine won't look as good, but I want to give it a go someday!

@junceda Awesome job on the bistro remake!
    The lobster is very popular! :lol:

@mycami21 Sakura is going to need a full-body hair net if she's going to be cooking in werewolf form! :lol:
    My sims would already be motherloaded into a mansion at this point. :tongue:
    Thank you! :smiley: It's actually a shirt and skirt combo on Blair.

@Surreal Paige is adorable!

@ilikethesims30 Cute couple! They seem very adventurous!

@lanlyn that world is really pretty!

@Charlottesmom I love Christopher Steele! He looks even cuter with glasses! :heart:
    Love the house remodel!

• TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    @Surreal her outfit reminds me of Doctor Julian Ogden from Murdoch Mysteries.
    @Emily4331 I pay attention to the Vietnamese,I better or one of my very best friends who is Vietnamese would kill me :# She always takes me out to dinner <3

DfydFiZ.gif
    A real quickie.........

@Surreal , Yeah a 4x4!!! I was going to start one but I think I'm going to continue my trip thorugh SV, matchmaking and fixing up houses. I will start one after that.

Looks like you are off to a great start!! :)

Everyone: Husband's Birthday tonight so I'll be busy, will do tons of Feedback tomorrow!! :)
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom Tell hubby Happy Birthday then say "Close your eyes" like you got a present and smear cake on his face :D but do it in a cute way.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I will make more comments when I have fresh coffee on hand :p

@mycami21 Thanks for the lovely comment :)
    Because I don't have Seasons I have no idea what effect the temperature has on sims. I have seen pics of course but it's not the same as actually playing sims with Seasons installed.
    Kissed by the Sun sounds like a pleasant moodlet!
    I was just thinking while I was playing this morning that it is time for Jensen to retire. Not the game - I will continue to play that until it is no longer viable (as in, I won't be moving the family if the game becomes unplayable). I am trying to decide whether to bring back Cyd or Eddy to live out their life with Jensen. I know Cyd is trouble because of his traits, but that could almost be fun. Eddy, on the other hand, is a total delight which would make for a lovely relaxed game.

@lanlyn I look forward to seeing your new save! The Drop Dead Gorgeous Cemetery is soooo pretty <3 I like the idea of a small world but I would fill it in no time LOL Also I am a bit of a chicken when it comes to downloading worlds.
    The rhododendrons are stunning! I always forget to give my sims flowers, or any kind of landscaping for that matter. Like me, my sims live simple, uncluttered lives ;)
    The Gentleman's Club boys look beautiful! I am so happy to see Guy in your game too :) Guy was a sim that I only played a couple of times and was made initially as a town filler. Because he was made so long ago, I had very few EA hairs. He looked very different in my game once I started using CC and several of my friends used him in their games as well, all giving him their own CC makeover.
    SP is brilliant and there is so much you can do with it. There are things you can do at the sim level or globally so protecting precious sims when they are out in the town is a breeze. You can also control the speed so it is good for people like me who like bustling towns or people who like more sedentary saves.
    The Island is beautiful and I loved the scenic shots :)

@emorrill I suspect that your mother and I might be of a similar generation - I could even be older than her - hence my slightly old-fashioned ideas about what is appropriate for little girls ;)
    @Charlottesmom Tell hubby Happy Birthday then say "Close your eyes" like you got a present and smear cake on his face :D but do it in a cute way.

@CravenLestat , I did just make a cake.. ;)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom That's one way to get rid of your SS and I must say she is a beautiful ghost :D
    Awwww poor shirtless Jared :p;)
    Christopher looks great! I have to admit, I have always hated those sandals and they always get the boot ;)
    Chris and Claire should make a great couple and he is a lovely sim! I have always had a soft spot for Chris :)
    Wow! You redecorate really well! You need to come to Australia and help me out with my game!
    You will have to explain to me what a 4x4 is.
    Hope you and hubby have a wonderful day celebrating his birthday :D

@CravenLestat Mother and daughter look very much alike - very pretty :D
    You like your girls dead or alive ;) Great pics :D

@Emily4331 Apart from cats and small dogs, I am not really into animals. I do remember spending lots of time at family friends' farms as a child but I never really got into the farm animals. I did milk a couple of cows but anything bigger than a cat is scary to me ;)
    Thank you :D
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @Mikezumi: yea coffee is good
    Ok everyone. :)

Seeing @coco 's use of the Now and Then Century Manor (Now Version) I thought it looked pretty fun to play in so I added it to Sam's world (Hidden Springs). Oh BOY that house really needs some TLC! But I'll get to that later. I love how EA threw little half tiles all around the place like they had fallen from the roof! ;) Clever.

Anyway, My first thought was to put an old lady in the house, like it's been in her family for generations and she just "let it go" over the course of her lifetime. BUT, my husband came up with the idea of having a newlywed couple inherit the place from a grandparent or something and fix it up all the while trying to raise kids in it. :lol: That sounded like much more fun to me, so I went with that idea. ;) I was feeling lazy and decided to just pick out a couple from the Sim Library (In Edit Town) instead of creating my own. I happened upon the Martinez Family. A guy and a gal. Perfect! In they go! Info on them here.

Boy was I surprised when I got a closer look at these two. :flushed:

I mean, seriously, they are both so homely looking that I was like, "What was EA thinking when they created these two!?"
    (Sorry, I don't mean to sound mean...but we've all had those thoughts with certain sims...)

Of course it was obvious what I needed to do...give them makeovers and a little plastic surgery. ;)

(Used smaller pics this time so it's easier for them to upload :) )

First, here is their run down home in Hidden Springs:
    Martinez_1.jpg

Nice view:
    Martinez_2.jpg

First to get a makeover was Jennifer Martinez. :)

Her BEFORE shot:
    Martinez_4.jpg
    Ok, so she's not exactly homely looking....I just didn't like the shape of her lips and thought her cheekbones were way too pronounced.

The only thing I fixed on her was her cheekbones, lips, hair style and eye color. Oh, and her makeup. I ditched the eye shadow because she has natural eye shadow. :)
    Martinez_5.jpg
    Much better. <3

Side view:
    Martinez_6.jpg

On to check out her wardrobe. That everyday shirt with those pants and boots...um...no.
    Martinez_3.jpg

And for the record, I am no fashion designer by ANY stretch of the imagination! ;)

"Did somepony say FASHION?"

rarity.png

Yes--
    "You know, I can help you with that."
    Yes, I know Rarity. But I've taken care of it so please go away, I'm trying to post here...
    "Fine. Be that way!" *poof*

Anyway,

I thought this everyday dress really suit her. :)
    Martinez_7.jpg

However...I wanted to try out one of the sundresses @lanlyn posted a link to download a while back.
    It's usually all black, but I wanted to add some color.

Umm...this pattern really won't do...
    Martinez_8.jpg
    I was like, "Oh this is cute...wait...no!" :lol:
    :lol:

I finally found what I thought looked fairly decent. What do you all think? :)
    Martinez_9.jpg
    Hubby didn't care for the style of the outfit, but liked the colors.

This is the formal dress she came with. I loved it so I'm keeping it. :)
    Martinez_11.jpg

My hubby stepped in and did a different pattern and color for fun. :blush:
    Martinez_10.jpg
    I actually loved this look also, so I saved it. :)

Didn't care for her pajamas so I changed it to this:
    Martinez_12.jpg
    Look familiar @Charlottesmom ;) Hubby says that is a very WELL DONE pattern! (He wanted me to tell you <3 )

Workout outfit looked fine so I kept it:
    Martinez_13.jpg

She had a red swimsuit but for fun I changed the color to another of @Charlottesmom 's beautiful patterns. <3
    Martinez_14.jpg
    It fits better!

Her outerwear was hideous so I changed it to this:
    Martinez_15.jpg

Now on to Pablo Martinez :)

BEFORE:
    Martinez_17.jpg
    Side view:
    Martinez_18.jpg

Yeah...horrible look. Sorry guy....

The only thing I changed was his facial hair and nose.

AFTER:
    Martinez_19.jpg
    Much better. :)

Side view:
    Martinez_20.jpg
    Yes. Much much better.

Changed his every day look a little to this:
    Martinez_21.jpg

Formal I kept the same, just changed the color of the shoes.
    Martinez_22.jpg

Didn't like the white Robe as pajamas so I gave him this:
    Martinez_23.jpg
    Compliments his wife's nighttime look.

Didn't like the way his athletic wear looked:
    Martinez_24.jpg

So I changed it to this:
    Martinez_25.jpg

THIS was the swimsuit he came with! :lol: For fun, I decided to keep it.
    Martinez_26.jpg

And finally, I tweaked his outerwear a little to this:
    Martinez_27.jpg

Now, I go into LIVE Mode. :)

Martinez_28.jpg
    Jennifer: We desperately need a fridge...
    Pablo: This place could really use some decorating...inside AND out! My life savings is officially gone......

They were shocked to find the kitchen in the condition it was...

Martinez_29.jpg
    Missing cabinets, broken overhead lighting, dust and cobwebs everywhere, "We are these tables in the middle of the room," "What is this BLUE ORB!?", no trashcan and cracked tile.
    (Yes, I know what the blue orb is...but they don't! :lol: #sillymoment )

They knew this was the FIRST room that needed remodeling. It took quite a chunk out of their budget...

Martinez_31.jpg
    Much better. <3 The windows would need to be replaced later.

Another view:
    Martinez_32.jpg

Jennifer is happy to have a nice place to cook now.

I was going to delete these tiles, but CAN'T! :weary:
    Martinez_30.jpg
    It says an object "requires" them. Which object, I couldn't figure out, but...umm...How can I set up a nice dining area with these in the way!? Help anyone?

Martinez_33.jpg

I always feel like, somebody's watching me!!

Yes Pablo, COCKROACHES. Roaches are watching you! :confounded: (Time to call the pest control guy...)

But soon, the Martinez's will find that there is more watching them in this house..... :cold_sweat:
    Time for some feedback! Pages 1185-1186.

@king_of_simcity7 Loved the coastal photos. And the old buildings.
    @Emily4331 Great makeovers. Silas looks good in those glasses. And I like Emma's and Styles' hairstyles much better. ...Fun group shot!

@mycami21 That is cool about the sparring werewolves. I've never played with more than one werewolf, so didn't know about that. ...I don't like watching werewolves eat like dogs either. LOL ...Nice progress for day 2. Coming right along!

@Mikezumi Enjoy seeing the interactions with your sims around town. I try to catch the connections, but don't always remember. ...My gosh, Law is so cute! I love that freckled look. ...Oh, Troy. Have a good life! ...I think your gnome family is growing too. ...Law cheering Timmy up. So sweet! ...Jensen and his great grandson! Amazing. ...The cows! Wonder how the game determines who wins Tic Tac Hoof? HAHA ...I like Ebba's Prom dress. ...Cute pics of Aldith bowling.

@Karritz Your Lunar Lakes game is going to be fun! Perfect house for the land. ...LOL at all the little cats lined up on the lot! ...Tom and Kitty! Love it. They're a couple, aren't they? It'll be neat seeing any children they might have.

@emorrill I was just piggybacking on what you'd been saying about love vs career. After watching that show about days gone by, I was amazed at how difficult it still is for all of us to find solutions to ongoing questions about finances, day care, avocations, love of family, yadda yadda yadda! I think you've found a nice balance between taking care of loved ones and expressing yourself through writing. :)

@MoonandStars83 I figured calculating percentages was a more complex process for what you're trying to do. I've just never done any modding like that. Sorry you're having trouble finding help.

@CravenLetstat I've downloaded the last purple pattern in your latest set!
    @junceda I think you've done an awesome job with the bistro. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I loved the "We all want lobster" pic!
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Then I checked back on Ebba - seems she has forgotten all about Cyd :p
    32835511171_305fa0a205_b.jpg
    32579326130_7185fcb814_b.jpg

@Mikezumi Lol! In that second pic C'i'd is like, "Geez, why won't these kids ever get a room!" :lol :tongue:
    Hankin is gorgeous. <3
    I can't believe Ibb is now an Elder...She was the first girl right?

@lanlyn Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing while reading your update! :lol:
    "Goatee Dude," "Dark Jacket," "GQ".... LOL!!! :lol: I totally understand the struggle of trying to learn so many names!
    So did SP keep the mascot away? I really can't stand when the mascot shows up. :confounded:
    lanlyn wrote: »

@emorrill I was just piggybacking on what you'd been saying about love vs career. After watching that show about days gone by, I was amazed at how difficult it still is for all of us to find solutions to ongoing questions about finances, day care, avocations, love of family, yadda yadda yadda! I think you've found a nice balance between taking care of loved ones and expressing yourself through writing. :)

Oh...thank you. <3
    I think life will always be full of questions. Some...you never find answers to. :confused:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top