Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @ChelleJo I never have a reason to go to the laundromat so this is the first time I have. Btw, I love your new avi. Audrey is so pretty.

Part 12: Yay, now Madison has some wheels finally too. Nice picture of Kat enjoying some time with the kids. Now it's time for both Kat and Madison to relax before the next Gen kicks off. Nice to see the old bones Jamie finally get a beat down. Glad the kids hit it off so well with their new friends. What a good turn out from the trip. Now I'm eager for Gen 2. :)

Part 13: I'm excited about Leonidas pairing up with Cheri as a couple, at least for now. I really do like her features. Catherine seems very happy with Ty. The walk says it all! :p Poor Kat trying to end things peacefully. Very cute to see Zeke eager about learning to drive like his siblings.

@ciane I use the traveler mod mainly so I don't have to worry about packaging a whole family together if I want them to move to another world. They still keep ties to the previous world and the family members living there.

Poor Tiberius fried to a crisp in that machine. ouch! Nice find with the meteor. Congrats on acing both test.
    The all-in-one bathrooms are smart. I usually plop down Bonehilda if my sim can afford it. Those are some nice wedding gifts from what I can see.

Plan A seems fitting to me. I too get confused with the rules and must reread often.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    My latest post:
    Kat Silver Sims 3
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited February 2017
    @kethrydrake - Your picture was priceless! And, I learned that Tiberius can write books! Yay! I had read that sims had to chose "practise writing" rather than "write a book" if writing was their "hobby!" So, being a newbie, I remembered the essence, but not where I had read it. I had to reread those rules a couple times. (And still, it said only primary and secondary careers, not what to do when presented with two primary and one secondary career; so I don't feel so bad about misunderstanding that.)
    Well, I believe certain activities that would otherwise be banned are permitted if required for career advancement. Lucian is a Journalist. He is required to write stories for his career. In the Sims 3, all novels are automatically published...ergo, he earns money. In the Sims 4, you can write novels without actually publishing them. So, yes, if you rolled "Hobby", then Tiberius cannot make money from writing.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ChelleJo When I read the title of this chapter, I was concerned how you would manage a trip to France but I see that Madison did it in the dead of night. Good thinking! It is convenient that time stands still for the sims at home :)
    Wow, that was quite the profit! I can see how that much money would be a problem in a challenge such as this.
    Whenever my sims have got the nectar in the tomb at the nectary, it has mostly had plasma fruit in it LOL
    Even the cheap stuff will gain value if you leave it be for a long time.
    It's good that Kat now has the time to spend with her kids :)
    LOL Love the shifty way you got rid of the IF dolls :p
    Love seeing the girls eating out together like old times <3
    Leonidas must be confident at becoming heir if he is suggesting the kids eat out ;)
    What a good night out for the girls!
    Jamie is old - what a shame! NOT! LOL
    Well, I can't say I didn't see the fight coming ;)
    Ah, new family! Good to see you are setting up for the future of the kids :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @ChelleJo Cheri looks lovely! I think she and Leonidas will make a beautiful couple :)
    Awww The teens all watching the stars together <3
    Oh! I hate it when the heat of the moment kiss is rejected even when things have been going swimmingly :/
    Cheri too! Dang, those kids are brats!
    At least they agreed to the Prom!
    Matthew doesn't seem happy at all LOL
    Perhaps the teens were tired from the move into town? I always give sims new to town a motive boost with MC.
    Zeke and Aimee playing tag is adorable :)
    Audrey is very pretty!
    Looks like a fun date was had! Cheri must take apple bobbing pretty seriously from the expression on her face :p
    "Tour" of the theatre! LOL
    I turned off the stride of pride because it slows sims down when I am trying to serve them dinner afterwards :p
    I always freak a little when I see them cross-eyed, worried that I forgot it was their birthday and they are about to age up or something :/
    I don't let Jensen teach the kids to drive in my current save or he would be giving driving lessons all day long LOL
    Great update!

I find that the dates automatically show up at the house a couple hours before Prom starts. If one of the household invites them inside there is a chance that they won't get in the limo when it comes. If they are just talked to outside until then, they seem to mostly get in without a problem.
    edited February 2017
    Well, I believe certain activities that would otherwise be banned are permitted if required for career advancement. Lucian is a Journalist. He is required to write stories for his career. In the Sims 3, all novels are automatically published...ergo, he earns money. In the Sims 4, you can write novels without actually publishing them. So, yes, if you rolled "Hobby", then Tiberius cannot make money from writing.

I figured it out after rereading those rules a few times. I just knew that I had read something saying that you couldn't earn money by writing books if it wasn't your job. So, I was thinking it was only for stay at home authors. When I saw your post, it made me go back to find where I had read it. Then I realised that only if you rolled "hobby" was the writing books NOT allowed if you chose writing as a "hobby" NOT as part of a career requirement. Tiberius needs writing skills for his job and I had thought that could only practice writing because he isn't an author. Now, I am happy that he can write books as he gains writing skill.
    Not sure if you can write books if you only need "Writing". Journalism specifies "Stories" as a Career requirement at a certain level.
    @kethrydrake Wow, Kat is really gettin' up there in age. Kelvin is going to have an even tan, that's for sure. Nice update. :)
    Short update focused on Willow.

*click spoiler tag*
    Birthday time already? Yeah, I've been playing a lot these past few days.
    32947641195_750fe50ee0_o.png
    I waited for Willow to wish for something and she wanted a block table... whatever the birthday girl wants I guess.
    32947641745_e7bce0f642_o.png
    Getting to know Zelda.
    32823210771_318e935029_o.png
    Stiles wished for a TV and by now, they do have a little extra cash to spare. The new gnome seemed to enjoy it.
    32823211031_b16600b749_o.png
    First day of school was quite gloomy.
    32823214391_d884927173_o.png
    This place is getting a little cramped with all the new furniture.
    32823214111_e300684cda_o.png
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @ChelleJo don't be angry with those poor Duncan kids! They aren't the only ones to become a bit grumpy late at night. Nice that they're now two teen couples in the household.
    @Simasaurus09 Willow is such a pretty child sim!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    @ciane :D Yeah, she hasn't had a big part in the story, yet, but I feel her roll will come later. :D

@Simasaurus09 Thanks!

Yep, relaxation for the girl's now that they've accomplished everything they set out to do. I've begun thinking of their lives after the Gen 2 take over and have a couple ideas I'm toying with. Just trying to hammer out the details.

I thought it was too cute that the teens were learning to drive and Zeke rolled that wish to joy ride. He's so adorable and such a great kid. I'm going to miss him when he has to be moved out.

I have a general idea how Leonidas's life is going to go, what with being "Single w/ 2 kids".

@Mikezumi Thank you for all the wonderful comments! <3

I didn't even think to check the ingredients in the nectar! I'll look them over when I go in game. Thanks for the tip! :blush:

Leonidas takes his roll of big brother very seriously, even though he's only older by a minute. :D

It was such a drastic turn with the Duncan kids... everything was going great then... bam! Both being uncooperative. :angry:

Thanks for the tip on the Prom Dates, too! I would have had the kids in the house waiting on the limo, so now I will keep them outside. :)

@GITTE2001 With both teens dates, everything went great, so I can probably forgive their grumpy behavior the night before... maybe they were just tired and hungry (cranky plums). :D:D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
    @Simasaurus09 Aww, Willow is so pretty! <3 I love that some of Kat's kids look a lot like her. <3

I hope Zelda is nicer to Willow then Loki is to Catherine. :D

I like that tv you got. And I love the gnome!

Your Kat and family might need a new home soon! I just love seeing Stiles being a good daddy to Willow. <3
    p8L4V6v.png
    @kethrydrake Love that picture in the update! :D:D:D Seems like everyone is getting pretty advanced in their careers.
    p8L4V6v.png
    edited February 2017
    And...New part!
    Me made-over version of Thornton - only changed certain features a tiiiiiiiny bit and changed his hairstyle and beard. Not the hottest guy on Simearth, but baby-daddy worthy.
    wsKBnHP.jpg

Kat started talking with Thornton once she entered the house. She concluded he must be rich, very rich, based on the luxury everywhere. She wondered how he got it: he didn't have such a high position, since he was only the COFFEE MAID's - her - boss.
    However he got so rich, she liked it. And him.
    vUvu06e.jpg

They weren't interrupted by any of the other few guests, and were able to talk for a while - mostly Thornton talking about Morgana and how bad it went between them. "She just doesn't want what I want. When we were younger, she was a nice, pretty girl...But we grew to be completely different."
    Was he extremely dumb or giving hints?
    Exc6xdL.jpg
    SoDxT6H.jpg

She didn't know, but she didn't care. She heard he was going to get promoted soon meaning he won't be her boss anymore.
    So, she took her chance.
    OebIJlg.jpg

...Immediately getting seen by a pregnant Pauline Wan, a good friend of Morgana.
    "Thornton? And who is that? I'm going to tell Morgana!"
    gbXbLNA.jpg

Not that they cared. A shower was a nice object to do certain things in.
    wwziij6.jpg
    METe9d9.jpg

When Pauline was giving birth to a probably very ugly child, Kat walked away happily.
    ncdndi5.jpg
    Somehow, I wasn't surprised about Thorton. :)

Loved the update with Willow!
    @GITTE2001 Thornton looks much better. Can't wait to see the results. o:)
    edited February 2017
    For my Miscellaneous Fun roll in Gen 1 (It's So YOU!), that's something I probably should have done already... right? I was thinking about doing it when Willow ages up into a Teen instead of YA since they will be moving to a new town and lot after she takes over as heir. The lot I already have picked out has a theme that would be ruined if I changed it... :# Thoughts?
    @GITTE2001 gotta admit, Thornton is much improved!! I can't wait to see his and Kat's kid!

:D:D Pauline would be a snitch, no wonder my Kat keeps beating her rump.
    p8L4V6v.png
    @Simasaurus09 1st, I'm on phone, so apologies if this isn't the best explanation. I type like a snail and lose my thought process in the slowness of it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that should have been done during 1st Gen. I'm not looking right at it, but I'm thinking you need to redecorate a room to fit your sim. Or is it a room a week or something. Ugh, I hate being on phone.

I hope that makes sense.
    p8L4V6v.png

After an...Exhausting night, Kat came home. Inmediately deciding she would act being sick the next day and going to work since it was already so late it was early.
    She woke up by the ringing of her phone later that day. Hoping it was Thornton, she took it right away. But she wasn't lucky. It was Pauline-e, asking her if they could talk.
    7v7NKBw.jpg

"All right", she said, quickly drank some juice and left the house to go to Pauline, they would meet each other by the bistro.
    It wasn't a joke. Pauline Wan really was there and stared at her bith bullets-shooting eyes.
    "Pauline Wan. The best friend of the woman whose husband you've stolen last night. Nice to meet you", she greeted, her lips curling into a fake smile.
    eSDxYQt.jpg

Kat, who remembered Pauline had seen her an Thornton last night, took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "Look", she said, reopeing them. "I know what you think. But believe me, I won't steal another's husband. I'm not like that...It's just, you should know, Thornton is unhappy with Morgana-"
    1dkc4j4.jpg

"And you form a good shoulder for him to cry on, or better, a good body to fxck with? Thornton hurt Morgana, and it's your fault. And I don't want my friend to be sad. So just go and search another men whose golddigger to play."
    7zGc3YM.jpg

"Excuse me? Thornton called me after he had an argument with Morgana. He invited me to his party, and he doesn't stop telling me how much he'd like to get a divorce. Yes, I kissed him, but he wanted it! Don't go play like Thornton is my slave and I've bewitched him to kiss me!"
    aXgQYIR.jpg

After that, Pauline grinned again, mumbling something like: "Indeed, he's an 🐸🐸🐸🐸, and you'll discover that soon enough."
    Then she was gone, leaving Kat both confused and furious.
    She managed to forget her argument with Pauline soon enough, doing another attempt to cook that night - not burning anything.
    vi3VscR.jpg
    tLgCwuw.jpg

After that, she invited Thornton ("I thought you were sick? But, don't worry, I was 'sick' today too ;) " ). She didn't even greet him: she just started asking if it really was okay what they were doing, but Thornton reassured her it really was over and out between him and Morgana.
    DXlxFQ1.jpg
    1dMiL8j.jpg

So, their evening passed by...
    ya1KKew.jpg

...Ending in Kat's bed.
    LsUoFZI.jpg
    aHeFnvK.jpg

Thornton would stay the whole night.
    0FLPehd.jpg
    More on the Sims 4 front:
    Kat Silver Sims 4
    Another update:

Kat Silver's Obituary
    Just popping in for a quick update... I'm trying to get as much playing in as I can today since I have to get off my tush this weekend and finish unpacking my bedroom (we have an extra day off school this weekend, so I'm forcing myself to do what I've put off for too long now... but not before I enjoy some of the long weekend with some simming). We finally rearrange it all to be how we want it, now I have to unpack and decorate it all. yay (that's false enthusiasm there). Hopefully I can get one more update ready for tomorrow, or at least get some pictures took for the update tomorrow.

I played thru a couple days (Saturday - Prom Day- and Sunday) and posted a update:

Chapter 14: First day of Winter https://chellejoplays.wordpress.com/2017/02/18/chapter-14-first-day-of-winter/

Teaser photo

SkAdXZM.jpg

Either this evening or tonight on my phone or tablet, I'll read everyone's updates and comment then. I'll go ahead and update the first page real quick, though, so if anyone comes for the quick links, they'll find everyone's current update. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
    That roll totally went over my head and I'll just have to get it done next time I fire up the game. It's almost birthday time for Willow and Stiles.

@GITTE2001 Eager to know if a chime went off. :p Nice update.
    @kethrydrake Way to go with your Sims 4 family.
    Oh no! First game to have Kat pass on. It's nice that she lived for so long and had such a big family.
    @ChelleJo Lovely scenery picture. :smiley: Which lighting mod are you using now? Fresh cut day? So cute to see Zeke play with Loki!... Until Loki decided to do what he does best. Must be something against kids. Aw, love ther prom pics. Nice to see Aimee and Zeke get along so well. Poor Kat grabbing a burger... I often forgot she is a vegetarian as well. Teens will be teens... I wonder if you allow teen pregnancy in your game. :o