Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    equuest wrote: »
    Now I want to join! This challenge seems fun and everyone's entries look great! :)
    @equuest - go for it, it's only a little one, you can do it!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • SimmChoolySimmChooly Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 62 - ZeroDoxy
    FORUM ID: simmchooly
    ORIGIN ID: simmchooly
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Willow Creek https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0F66F5F8ED5311E688288760519D445F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=simmchooly&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 16798
    TOTAL COST: 19,798
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/DEypD
    ENTRY DETAILS:

On my 4th or 5th try, I settled on this cute little comfy starter home for our buyer. Modeled after a tiny house, more space has been added on to accommodate for our buyers needs. Including an extra bedroom for streaming, office space or guests. Plenty of room for the little kitties to run around and for the buyer to add on to the house later on, if she wanted to. I added a great modern and chef worthy kitchen, for cooking, baking and starting fires. I did add on the house perks: fast internet, chefs kitchen and haunted(for fun :).

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yep!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

Post edited by SimmChooly on
    edited February 2017
    SimmChooly wrote: »
    FORUM ID: simmchooly
    ORIGIN ID: simmchooly
    LEVEL: Intermediate
    LOT: Willow Creek - https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0F66F5F8ED5311E688288760519D445F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=simmchooly&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3000
    BUILD COST: 16798
    TOTAL COST: 19,798
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/DEypD

ENTRY DETAILS:

On my 4th or 5th try, I settled on this cute little comfy starter home for our buyer. Modeled after a tiny house, more space has been added on to accommodate for our buyers needs. Including an extra bedroom for streaming, office space or guests. Plenty of room for the little kitties to run around and for the buyer to add on to the house later on, if she wanted to. I added a great modern and chef worthy kitchen, for cooking, baking and starting fires. I did add on the house perks: fast internet, chefs kitchen and haunted(for fun :).

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yep!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

Such a cute tiny build @SimmChooly!! I've edited your links for you hon, hope you don't mind ;)

@FaithofKaela Thank You! It isn't letting me post links (yet).
    edited February 2017
    You're very welcome hon. We'll help you get there.

Have you checked out @rosemow's meet and greet thread or the how to become a full member thread yet? They should both help you get to member status xx
  • golden_glowgolden_glow Posts: 862 Member
    edited February 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: golden_glow
    ORIGIN ID: golden_glow
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/061EED82EFC211E68EB6A77867244042
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: 17,952
    TOTAL COST: $19,952
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/vpHVA
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house features a 21st century, gothic exterior with front and rear porch. It has plenty of room to expand to become double fronted. The interior is up-to-date and colourful, perfect for any streamer.

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

SPACE FOR PICTURES: Pgs25NS.png
    Post edited by golden_glow on
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Welcome @golden_glow!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    edited February 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: kezflake
    ORIGIN ID: elsing2000
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FE18C771EFD411E6888B9BB546B89220
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: 17,999
    TOTAL COST: $19,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/CRFl8
    ENTRY DETAILS: This lot is to keep happy, game streamer ZeroDoxy and her cats while still fitting in a low budget. From the office section of this open plan living area the entertainment choices while working include TV in the background noise and music or watching the cats have fun climbing their cat climbing wall. Food quality is prioritised in the kitchen with space funds used to improve appliances with units chosen that will compliment the rest of the lot in the colourful blend themed lot. There is space to expand if friends move in as the lot is the largest the budget would allow.
    Lot traits - fast internet, chef's kitchen, sunny aspect if this now matters.

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    D3VqSCn.png
    hvu0GG4.png

edited February 2017
    What a fab entry @kezflake!!! So colourful and cute <3
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Goldeneye

LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 18,485
    TOTAL COST: 19,985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/la8G9
    ENTRY DETAILS: Goldeneye, named after the touches of gold in this modern art deco/retro starter, is an open plan design with one bathroom and two bedrooms. Room for expansion to first floor if necessary or even to the sides of the rear, which currently houses the bin storage on one side and an outdoor dining area on the other, thus providing plenty of outdoor space for the cats to roam.

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Yes please

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

AszeVtF.png

PczUgeU.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome build @masajo ! I love the motif that you chose.
    @masajo - I didn't realise this had been created for the challenge :lol: It's blooming brilliant!!!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Many thanks @pronterus and @FaithofKaela really appreciate your kind and lovely words :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    BnS CHALLENGE #62 – ZeroDoxy Starter Home

FORUM ID: Redkitty42
    ORIGIN ID: Redkitty42

LOT: Little Green Stream
    LOT COST: 2,000 30x20 lot
    BUILD COST: 17,462
    TOTAL COST: 19,462

ENTRY SLIDESHOW; google 'redkitty42 Little Green Stream #BnS62' I have the photos on my google plus page. *no spam*
    ENTRY DETAILS: This cute little green stream home is 2bdrm 1ba with an office. It features an open area living space with room to grow.
    I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: yes

LOT ENTRY: "Little Green Stream" is in the gallery or search orign id redkitty42

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC basegame home
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: sorry this didn't work either *fail*

I wanted to enter but for some reason I cannot link to my stuff I guess because I have not been on the forums in so long sorry. :'(
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    redkitty42 wrote: »
    BnS CHALLENGE #62 – ZeroDoxy Starter Home

FORUM ID: Redkitty42
    ORIGIN ID: Redkitty42

LOT: Little Green Stream
    LOT COST: 2,000 30x20 lot
    BUILD COST: 17,462
    TOTAL COST: 19,462

ENTRY SLIDESHOW; google 'redkitty42 Little Green Stream #BnS62' I have the photos on my google plus page. *no spam*
    ENTRY DETAILS: This cute little green stream home is 2bdrm 1ba with an office. It features an open area living space with room to grow.
    I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: yes

LOT ENTRY: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/782D82D1F20A11E683B58760519D445F

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: N/A
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC basegame home
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: sorry this didn't work either *fail*

I wanted to enter but for some reason I cannot link to my stuff I guess because I have not been on the forums in so long sorry. :'(

Added the link to your entry :) Great build!
    Everyones entries are so great!!! How did I run out of money so fast? :D
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    SimmChooly wrote: »
    Everyones entries are so great!!! How did I run out of money so fast? :D

I agree the money flew out the windows lol, and thank you proterus for taking care of my entry. <3
    Good morning all. Challenge #62 ZeroDoxy is now closed! Good luck to everyone who entered!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited February 2017
    #63 Ley Lines

As you sit in your office, combing through portfolios, you get the eerie feeling that someone is watching you. You turn and look out of the window, but you see nothing. Pressing the intercom, you ask Karl.

“Karl, when did you say my last appointment was?”

“His voice comes through the silence “I’m not 100% sure to be honest, all the email said was after dark.”

You shiver involuntarily.

“Thanks.” You say.

“Can I get you anything, before I head home?” He asks. Of course, you think it’s his anniversary, he asked to leave a little early.

“No, that’s fine. Can you lock up on your way out?”

“Of course. Have a nice evening.”

With that the office is silent once more.

Checking the window again, you see that twilight is approaching and you wonder if you will be able to see the new moon tonight.

Turning back to your desk and the mountain of invoices and paperwork on your desk, you hear a rustling outside the window, slowly, you turn your head back to the window. Still nothing.
    “I think I must be going mad.” You say to yourself. “I can’t wait until the evenings draw out a little bit.”

Focusing once more on the paperwork that sits in front of you, you become engrossed in your work. The front reception buzzer goes and makes you jump.

Exiting your office into the foyer, you notice a very smartly dressed man and proceed to unlock the door.

“Thank you for accepting my meeting, I appreciate it.” He says kindly.

“It’s no problem, please come on back to my office, can I get you anything to drink. tea, coffee?”

“Thank you, but no, I’m not a fan of hot drinks.”

The way he smiles at you when he says it makes you feel a little uncomfortable, but his persona is so pleasant that you disregard it.

“I apologise that you had to wait for me to come and unlock the door, but my assistant had to leave the office early, and I don’t like leaving the door open. I tend to get so focused on my work that I worry that I might miss someone walk in off the street.”

“Of course, you can’t be too careful these days.” He says, again with that slightly knowing smile.
    “Thank you for understanding.”

You gesture at the chairs to the side of your desk, he makes you feel comfortable enough that you don’t worry about sitting behind your desk.

“I understand that you moved to the area with your wife.”

“Yes, my beloved Isabella. We don’t have much, but we like this neighbourhood. We also didn’t realise the plot we bought was on a set of ley lines. We have been blessed with three sets of twins since we arrived.”

“Wow, three sets of twins, so there are eight of you?”

“That’s right. Isabella dreams of becoming mayor and most of our funds go to her campaign. So we have quite a tight budget considering what we need.”

“Well yes, I can’t imagine how expensive feeding all those mouths must be as well.”

“Yes, it can be quite draining.” There’s that darned smile again.

“Lincoln and Liberty our first son and daughter are six, and in elementary school, our second set of twins Salvador and Reece are three, both boys, still toddlers, are due to start next year. Our newest son and daughter Vernon and Sidney have only just turned two, so they are both still at home. Luckily both Isabella and I have the opportunity to work from home most days, so we can be there. But we do occasionally require a nanny.”

Wow, you think to yourself, this is going to be quite a build to fit everyone in.

“So, what exactly are you looking for me to build?”

“My love and I are not modern people, we like the modern amenities of course, but Isabella is almost from a different age. We are looking for a Victorian style home, we do not wish to live in a large open plan space. We will of course need at least four double bedrooms. The girls Liberty and Sidney will share, Lincoln has kindly said that he doesn’t mind sharing with his youngest brother Vernon, the second set of twins, Salvador and Reece are inseparable, as you can imagine! Isabella and I will also need a master bedroom. We also need a basement room, no furnishings, just somewhere we can pop the clutter of everyday life, it will need to be at least 6x5 though.”

A tiny basement, you think, pondering how much clutter a household with 6 children must accumulate.

“Oh, and just the one family bathroom should be enough, possibly with a half bathroom on the ground floor? Also, my wife is quite the gardener as well, so we will need some space set aside for that, preferably under some sort of cover, she is quite pale and burns so easily. Of course, I do not expect you to provide the plants with the budget we have set, just an area with pathways already laid out. And I would adore a fishing hole, I am quite the master fisherman.”

“And what is your budget for the home?”

“We are hoping that you can manage with $65,000.”

“I won’t lie, for what you are asking, it’s going to be quite a squeeze. But I’m sure we will manage.”

“Wonderful, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.”

You walk him back to the door, and shake his hand.

“I am so sorry, I hadn’t realise it was that cold in here.” You say as his hand is as cold as ice.

“It’s no problem. I rarely feel the cold.” As you close the door, you watch him head down the street, you look away to lock up and when you look back he is nowhere to be seen. You shiver again.

“Let’s see what we can come up with for Mr Shingo Okado.

Brief:
    $65,000 budget
    Any 30x30 lot
    A 4 bedroom Victorian style home, not open plan.
    1 master bedroom, 2 bedrooms for one child and one toddler one bedroom for two toddlers
    1.5 bathrooms
    An area marked out for a garden
    A fishing pond

For those of you who do not know how to place a fishing pond, you will need to enable cheats. To do this, you must press ‘ctrl’ ‘shift’ and ‘c’ at the same time, this will bring up a text box at the top of your screen. Into this text box you must then type ‘testingcheats on’ and press return once more. The box should then tell you that testing cheats have been enabled. Then you must type “bb.showhiddenobjects” and enter again. Then in the search box just above the building window type ‘fishing’ and press enter again, this will show you all the fishing holes available in the game.

Sim Challenge
    Create Shingo, Isabella and their family. Shingo is Ambitious and Loves the Outdoors, Isabella is a Bookworm who is also very Neat (Their final traits and aspirations are up to you). Lincoln is a very active child who wants to be a social butterfly, Liberty takes after her dad and Loves the Outdoors and aspires to be a bit of a whiz kid. Reece is clingy, Salvador is Wild, Vernon is Angelic and Sidney is Silly.

Room Challenge:
    Create one of the two toddler/child bedrooms, there must be one toddler bed and one child's bed in this room. You can make the girls room or the boys room. Your budget for the room is $3,500.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 63 - Ley Lines
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS63

The deadline for this challenge is 1st March 2017
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    I knew it would be victorian style home haha *^* yeeessss
  • SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Are 30x30 lots a thing? Becuase I can't find any. All I can find is 30x20 or 40x30 lots
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @SyddyB206 there is one in Newcrest(:
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    this challenge sounds amazing! Can't wait to try and get everything done under that budget.
    @SyddyB206 there is one in Newcrest(:
    Thanks for this @WiggleyTuff.

GArBA5W.jpg
    Bah, this budget is killing me, my ground floor is sparsely furnished and I only have $7,500 left for the whole of the first floor :O I think a rethink might be in order.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top