Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Coco Am still getting everything set up but just got my CAP downloaded will be making your Paris Circus Shirt again.I did not expect that after making that for you my hard drive on my old one was about to asplode.Served me faithfully for those years I miss my old laptop :'( Anyway letting you know I apologize.Sun Young Kim will look fabulous in it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Hi guys! great pics and stories everyone, awesomed them all! keep sharing this is a wonderfull thread.
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @junceda Welcome back to the thread :smile:

I'm in the car at the moment and finally got some signal. Going to a town called Weston-Super-Mare
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TheDarkRoseTheDarkRose Posts: 230 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 if you're going to Weston you need to check out the pier, it reminds me of the one you built.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Emily4331 I enjoyed the update. LOL at Devin's 'look'. Great timing on the shot! The twins are adorable.

@Mikezumi I've never had popcorn with chocolate on it. Man that is good! Aldith is a beauty! Lol at Jensen freaking at the puter. Jensen does not have to worry about money, he can just sell his ring collection. :wink: Congrats on Elis and Elizabeth's marriage. I'm glad Meggy is visiting with the family one last time. Poor Meggy. :cry: Hankin is so cute!!

@msbeckycat I sometimes make them wait for a baby, but, it can be fun and a challenge to make them have one early before they can really afford it.

@lanlyn I love the pic of Roy and Holly.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @CravenLestat She looks incredible! Congrats to getting everything up and running! :D
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Oh my! He is beautiful <3
    32904592585_c368539004_b.jpg

@Mikezumi Isn't Ellis both easy on the eye and serious - finishing his very last homework before growing up! :)

@lanlyn That's what's creepy about cats. Sometimes they just stare at something you can't see, or starts hissing... :#

@emorrill I love Valentine's day! I'm a total sucker for chocolate and extra attention, so I think it's good to have a special day once in a while! But of course you're supposed to make it special every day... :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited February 2017
    @lanlyn A real desert princess! :o But as you say, high heels in the sand just, somehow, makes your smexy sashay look like something entirely else... :s
    And you're right about the shades... Rome is stunning! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    My laptop broke this morning... That's what I get for defending them I guess :lol:
    And just this morning I learnt that we are most likely going to be moving to a town with plenty of snow... The irony is strong today,
    unknown.png
    My laptop broke this morning... That's what I get for defending them I guess :lol:
    And just this morning I learnt that we are most likely going to be moving to a town with plenty of snow... The irony is strong today,

Laptops are freaking awesome,I will defend them till the end.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@cwaddell Welcome back :)
    Thank you.

lanlyn wrote: »
    @cwaddell Thanks for the shout out. ...Glad you were having fun with your sister and hope the medical issues are getting resolved. ...RE: Rome as predator or protector (or both). I meant predator--to protect from other predators. ;) Send a wolf to fight off wolves. :#
    OK That makes sense. I just thought it was about his relationship with her. Maybe it was the discussion on 50 shades that made me question it.

Back in Sept when I was without power for 4 days due to the hurricane I finished reading the 50 shades trilogy. I had packed up most of my books but still had those around. Meant to send them back to my daughter-in-law when I finished. I had left off half way through the second book maybe a year or so before.

First off they were poorly written. Too much repetition of sex scenes and even the romantic parts became boring. I started skipping a lot of passages. The story that was there could have been written in 1 book. From my reading discussions on another forum a few years ago people in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 community did not think it represented their life style very accurately. I think it is a fantasy romance story and about as realistic to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 as Pretty Woman is to prostitution.

Surfing through the channels one night about a year ago I came across another movie on the Lifetime channel (I think) - The Secret Sex Life of a Single Mother that had an interesting story that included a peek into the Dom/sub relationship. It was a lower budget movie so did not have the same kind of look of a big budget film. It got a poor rating on IMDB I think mainly because there were little or no sex scenes and it was a story about empowerment and not a fantasy.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TheDarkRose Already got a picture of the pier lol :smiley: There are two and the other one is closed :(

@CravenLestat That picture is cute :love:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    MG_193.gif
    @Emily4331 -It's just my edits in a set of saves though the world was downloaded from the Exchange and I checked it out for bad CC before installing it in my folder.I would've gone for a desktop if I knew I wasn't going to be relocating to move out on my own and chose to get a laptop for the game instead because I need a more partable computer until I get settled down and relocated.Great pictures!
    @emorrill -I should load up a game and export my settings for my NRaas Mods with a text file lisiting all I use.Story progression is set up to force me to do it manually like in TS2.I've not had any lagging except when the old fan was dying before it got sent out for repairs.
    Mikezumi -I find that worlds without everything placed have fewer routing issues which is why I use Gibsons as a SV clone.I can still enjoy the terrain challenges without getting the SV routing issues caused by the EA rabbit hole lot designs and the glitchy park where pets were always getting stuck near the fountain.Thanks for the comment.I've got my lifespans adjusted so they don't age out too fast.Great updates!
    @wendyyi1 -Thanks for the comment and those are edit town pictures from the game.I've got a project in CAW to finish working on and it's a desert world.
    @king_of_simcity7 -I though you'd either lived in or near the town.I'm placing my towns in North American locations I've read about in books or heard a lot about.
    @lanlyn -I had to have almost the entire NRaas Mod collection to be able to do exactly what you're trying to do.I can export the settings and a list of the NRaas Mods I use.Great pictures!My pig would've confessed to scattering garbage all over our backyard looking for food in the trash.
    @bekkasan -I love how it's turning out this time and it should make a great legacy town or a great town for a 100 baby challenge.
    @Charlottesmom -That town hall is getting built and I'll have to furnish it.I wish we lived in a more rural location.I would also love getting the snow more with new boots to replace my old worn ones.Great update!
    @CravenLestat -I hope you got your files copied off your old hard drive and can set up an old Sims 3 folder.My clean Sims 3 folder is actually an old one without the old saves and just some newer saves in it.Great picture!You might need to get patched to 167 and I hope you can avoid that 169 Plague.Great pictures!
    @CK213 -Great pictures!I'm also taking a break from my regular games to test a new world out.I had to use a clean Sims 3 folder though it's still got my Mods,CC and store content installed.
    @Sorak4 -Great update!I've got Mods to stop paparazzi and if I want them in a game I use one that makes them more mellow.
    @lisasc360 - Thanks for your comment.
    @mycami21 -I'll just get a few things ready before my sims arrive to move in.
    @Zinniavanilla -I hope you can get your laptop repaired.That's what I did when my fan broke on mine.
    Here's my Sunset Valley2 construction update below.
    Salisbury,Massachussets Under Construction.
    Another lot got flattened to prepare it for a building.
    32890179035_3254269177_c.jpg
    Here's the empty lot after being flattened.
    32890174065_1894579f83_c.jpg
    Here's the lot from edit town.
    32890168685_53e8c28f72_c.jpg
    Here's where I was working.
    32890163085_2dde4fa05b_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @TadOlson I wish it was as easy to flatten a lot before construction in RL too! It will be interesting to see what you will do the "flat" Sunset Valley! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Mikezumi Aldith is another of your sims with an interesting face! Very pretty! :)

@Charlottesmom Love your VJ Alvi! And Jamie Jolina as a maid! Love your pics and funny comments! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    @MagnaSonic3000 Cute picture :smile: I don't normally let my kids use the PC too often myself though as I would rather them have a more traditional upbringing :smile:

Most parents raise their kids how they were raised (which is why there's a lot of bad children), and I was raised mostly on video games and the Internet. That's why I never see a problem if a kid just wanted to play video games. I did, it wouldn't make sense to prevent my children from enjoying it.
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you, :love: It is easy just give the sim you are photographing the SHY trait then put a random sim in the room they never met and they will get the shy moodlet and keep doing that animation.Several parts of the same animation make way different poses so is cute for pictures.

DfydFiZ.gif
    @jillbg Thank you for my valentines card <3 If you weren't such a lady I would grab you up like Parker grabbed Jamie in Charlottesmom's update. :love:

DfydFiZ.gif
    @Emily4331 I cant get my revenge yet but this will do for now..

Using the masquerade mask.

ICMI Oldie but a classic

My sims batman story. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtyEuJrhB8

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member

Laptops are freaking awesome,I will defend them till the end.

A low-end laptop is all I've got for anything online...and most stuff offline too. Not the best, but it gets me through...usually.
    @Emily4331 I cant get my revenge yet but this will do for now..

Using the masquerade mask.

ICMI Oldie but a classic

My sims batman story. <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrtyEuJrhB8

You just got the theme from Adam West's version of Batman stuck in my head the instant I saw that preview image...
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    edited February 2017
    The villians in it are made from the originals @Cadh20000 Catwoman's costume and the Riddler's.The opening theme is the real theme too.

PS: Juile Newmar was on vacation so Betty Simovitch was Catwoman :love: Yupp that is Betty

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @TadOlson wrote:
    @Simsophonique -I've got an almost five year old laptop on Windows 7 and it's still working almost like new since I replaced the fan.Great pictures!

@TadOlson My computer (not laptop but "desktop") is ten years old so nothing to compare with yours it still run windows vista that in April no more update.
    I can't wait to see your progress in your Sunset Valley. I redecorated mine as well.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited February 2017
    @CravenLestat
    Lol, so I found out when I got my earbuds untangled!

I'm always fighting migraines so 90% of the time I have no audio and 8 out of the remain 10% the audio is very low and through my earbuds...often not even in my ears at the time. Anyway, my point is, if I need to be able to hear something it takes me a bit to get them untangled to use.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    edited February 2017
    @Cadh20000 Gotta get headphones,I use noise canceller phones they are so good and gives the surround sound effect where it catches even the small stuff.I used earbuds too but like you they tangled and can short out easily.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Mikezumi Meggy! D: The treatment you gives sims when you know their time is running out is lovely. :heart:
    Oh I have burned myself many times before. :lol:

@lanlyn Thank you! :smiley: I am reaching the point of there being too much going on with so many sims. There are 7 now, plus the cat. I am going to hold out because I at least want Amir and Devin married and Seth in college before I just bite the bullet and let Amir and Devin go. :cry: It will be hard because I hate giving away control! It's why I kind of kick myself every time my sims have more than one kid! :lol:

The main reason it's becoming infuriating to play so many is because every millisecond she doesn't have a queued up action, Alexis is presiding over the royal court! :angry: I need to find a mod that stops that.

(modthesims.info/d/514284 there we go if anyone wants it! Now I won't have to jump off a bridge while playing Alexis! :lol: )

That screenshot is so cute! :3 Personally, I think Sims 3 sims show more natural emotion which is why I like them. People say they look dead, but if you looked into my face right now...my expression would be blank. So I never understood the "robotic" comments. If you ask me, a robot would be programmed to always exaggerate their expressions a la Sims 4 sims. :wink:

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you! :smiley:

@junceda This is the best thread on the forums, hands down! :smiley:

@bekkasan Thank you! :smiley: Devin is really one of my favorites. I don't want to let him go ever! D:

@Zinniavanilla I cursed your laptop! No! :lol:
    @CravenLestat Now, now they are awesome but it is costly when their parts can't just be replaced is all I was saying! I will only have to replace my entire computer if he literally blows up. :tongue:

@cwaddell Ahaha! Oh gosh, Pretty Woman. That movie is an abomination! :lol: Good comparison, though. Both are certainly not accurate portrayals of their subject matter.

@Charlottesmom Thank you! :smiley: I have two cats! They are indoor cats, so they never bring me dead things. They are great at catching bugs, though! Cats perceive humans as just larger, weird looking cats. So they an outdoor cat would bring you a dead thing because it believes you are pitiful at hunting and feels it needs to help you so you don't die. :lol: aka Cats are amazing and hilarious creatures!
    No! You're not the wicked witch! D: At least she had good taste in shoes!
    My squirrels like to do gymnastics to eat my bird food even when they have perfectly good squirrel food on the ground. I don't get a lot of chipmunks, but when I do I go insane and talk to them like they're babies as they scurry away from me. Good times. :tongue:
    Tacos are one of my top 10 favorites food of all time! :open_mouth:
    The only reason I can last 5 days with babies is because they requires minimal maintenance. I do 20 days of Toddlers and that is far, far worse. :lol:
    For the sake of PG, Devin is clearly looking at Amir's abs and nothing else. :wink:
    Lapdances vs Laptops who is the real winner? :tongue:

@TadOlson Thank you! :smiley:
    Ohhhh Either way, looks like it's shaping up well and I'm sure it's fun to get to place lots and houses wherever you want!
    Right. As I said, I understand wanting a laptop for portability. My argument was mainly about future cost. Which is just something people can choose to settle with if they can afford it and they require the portability. My laptop did no good for that as not enough rooms in my house have 3 pronged outlets, so if I wanted to play on the couch I couldn't do it anyway without it being a fire hazard. :lol:

@MagnaSonic3000 I was raised on video games as well. I think it gave me an advantage. I played a lot of RPGs as a child and my reading even from a young age was significantly better than other children in my class. Hand-eye coordination made me better at typing on a computer for essays and things of that sort. I learned valuable lessons from the plot of videos games. I think the right games really help children more than hinder them. I became interested in history and my history teachers all through school were impressed with my knowledge...knowledge that I wouldn't have had if numerous video games didn't introduce me to the interesting nature of history from all over the world.

Not to mention video games are really great for troubled children to escape. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but the tears stopped when I could come home from school and lose myself in World of Warcraft or Silent Hill or any of the games I loved. :smile:

@CravenLestat Exactly how I celebrate my many crimes! :lol:
    Julie Newmar! She's so statuesque! :tongue:

@Cadh20000 My headphones are constantly tangled and I never fix them. :lol:
    My sister has chronic migraines as well. Doctor is having her get botox to see if it helps. :grimace:

I have an update, but I'll put it in a separate post since this one is huge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top