Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• SimsForever0405SimsForever0405 Posts: 4 New Member
    So true.
  • SimsForever0405SimsForever0405 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ever walk into a room and forget what you're doing there in the first place?
    Maybe somebody just deleted the action you were about to do.
    #SimsIsReal
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    Hey there!
    I'm Sam (short from my tldr username) :)
    I am fairly new to the Sims 4, but I played 1 and 2 for over a decade combined. Sims 3 just...didn't do it for me, can't put my finger on it as to why. I just didn't like the way the Sims themselves looked. No offence!

So I stayed off for a while, casually playing the Sims 2 and maxing out all the CC I could find on it. Even attempted to do my own skins, hair, recolours etc, but wasn't too good :confused:

Until about two months ago, I accidentally saw a video of someone building a house in the Sims 4. (I think they were building Hogwarts?) I had NO idea how advanced the build mode had gotten! As someone who only builds and almost never plays, I was smitten. So I started making plans how to save up and get the game (taxes are silent killers, guys) and just wouldn't shut up on all the stuff I'm gonna do once I get the game.

And one day, my boyfriend suggested I should download Origin to prepare for the game, and I agreed and got it. Then he said "And then, you might want to enter xxx-xxx...." He surprised me by getting me the game! This was maybe not even 20 days ago and I am still SO hyped.

Aaaaanyway this is probably a really long intro I am just so happy to be part of the Sims community once more. I haven't stopped building since day one and have already posted many, many lots and rooms in the gallery (LOVE THIS FEATURE), and I'm very happy that I'm getting a few dozens of downloads on my stuff already ^w^

Hopefully we'll see more of each other on the forums, and in the gallery!
    sig11.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Samaramon wrote: »
    Hey there!
    I'm Sam (short from my tldr username) :)
    I am fairly new to the Sims 4, but I played 1 and 2 for over a decade combined. Sims 3 just...didn't do it for me, can't put my finger on it as to why. I just didn't like the way the Sims themselves looked. No offence!

So I stayed off for a while, casually playing the Sims 2 and maxing out all the CC I could find on it. Even attempted to do my own skins, hair, recolours etc, but wasn't too good :confused:

Until about two months ago, I accidentally saw a video of someone building a house in the Sims 4. (I think they were building Hogwarts?) I had NO idea how advanced the build mode had gotten! As someone who only builds and almost never plays, I was smitten. So I started making plans how to save up and get the game (taxes are silent killers, guys) and just wouldn't shut up on all the stuff I'm gonna do once I get the game.

And one day, my boyfriend suggested I should download Origin to prepare for the game, and I agreed and got it. Then he said "And then, you might want to enter xxx-xxx...." He surprised me by getting me the game! This was maybe not even 20 days ago and I am still SO hyped.

Aaaaanyway this is probably a really long intro I am just so happy to be part of the Sims community once more. I haven't stopped building since day one and have already posted many, many lots and rooms in the gallery (LOVE THIS FEATURE), and I'm very happy that I'm getting a few dozens of downloads on my stuff already ^w^

Hopefully we'll see more of each other on the forums, and in the gallery!

Hello @Samaramon :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you started simming by playing Sims 1 and 2. Simming is fun! It was great that you saw the video of a simmer building in Sims 4 ! It is nice that led you to find out more information about the game and make plans to buy it, along with ideas for what you would do after you had got the game!
    It would have been so very exciting and so special for you when you discovered that your boyfriend had bought Sims 4 for you! It would have given you such a surprse!
    Building is a very special part of simming! It is very enjoyable bringing our design ideas into sims gameform! We can create such a wide variety of types, styles and themes of builds!
    It is great that you have uploaded your builds to the Gallery. Simmers would enjoy having them in their games.
    Happy simming and building! :)
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Hey, everyone! I'm Princess Simcess and I've been playing Sims since TS2. I love everything about it - from the creation of sims, building houses, gameplay - everything! I hope to be very active on these boards and hopefully get to post about my Uglacy Legacy challenge eventually!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

Hey, everyone! I'm Princess Simcess and I've been playing Sims since TS2. I love everything about it - from the creation of sims, building houses, gameplay - everything! I hope to be very active on these boards and hopefully get to post about my Uglacy Legacy challenge eventually!

Hello @PrincessSimcess :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming since Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and enjoyable hours over the time creating sims, building homes and venues, and enjoying watching the sims in your games living their sim lives!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting about your simming experiences. It is very nice and special that you are planning to post your legacy challenge! Simmers will enjoy reading about the sims in your game and seeing pictures of them.
    Happy simming! :)
  • DeliriumTriggerDeliriumTrigger Posts: 6 New Member
    'Allo everyone. I'm Del. I've been playing since Sims 1, took a break throughout 3, and recently returned to 4. I'm not much of a builder (though I avidly ogle and download others' beautiful creations from the Gallery). The Sims draws me in mainly for the storytelling aspects. I wanted to join the forums to enhance my game play by sharing it with others, and hopefully letting my imagination flow. For me, The Sims 4 feels even more alive with a roleplaying angle than just playing it like a game.
    'Allo everyone. I'm Del. I've been playing since Sims 1, took a break throughout 3, and recently returned to 4. I'm not much of a builder (though I avidly ogle and download others' beautiful creations from the Gallery). The Sims draws me in mainly for the storytelling aspects. I wanted to join the forums to enhance my game play by sharing it with others, and hopefully letting my imagination flow. For me, The Sims 4 feels even more alive with a roleplaying angle than just playing it like a game.

Hello @DeliriumTrigger :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. It is great that you have now returned to simming after having a break and are now playing sims 4. It is enjoyable watching the stories of the lives of our sims in the game! It is great that we can create background story details and give them traits and an aspiration that suits them .
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads and posting about the sims in your game.
  • GristolianGristolian Posts: 6 New Member
    Hiya. I'm new here but not to the Sims. I've been playing since uh...well, a while. I remember thinking Sims 1's graphics were the pinnacle and that nothing could ever surpass it, and now I've just started getting into the Sims 4. I am an artist from California and currently looking for a job in the games industry. Right now I mostly just do freelance work though! ^_^
    Gristolian wrote: »
    Hiya. I'm new here but not to the Sims. I've been playing since uh...well, a while. I remember thinking Sims 1's graphics were the pinnacle and that nothing could ever surpass it, and now I've just started getting into the Sims 4. I am an artist from California and currently looking for a job in the games industry. Right now I mostly just do freelance work though! ^_^

Hello @Gristolian :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the oginal sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours simming, creating, building and playing over the time!
    I hope that you will be able to find the work in your career.
  • superamy22superamy22 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, can someone please explain to me how I can start my own discussion? Thanks. :)
    superamy22 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, can someone please explain to me how I can start my own discussion? Thanks. :)

Hello @superamy22 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!

There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads though may have been restricted for new members. You may not be able to start a new thread until you become a full member. This occurs sometimes, especially at weekends and at holiday times.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

• FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member

Jennifer here, a bit tardy, but here now. I am one of those people who never make the same mistake twice, I make it five or six times, just to be sure! ;)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac

@Bamajam Try a little olive oil in that ear. Next morning is should wash right out in the shower.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    Jennifer here, a bit tardy, but here now. I am one of those people who never make the same mistake twice, I make it five or six times, just to be sure! ;)

Hello @FoundMarbles :)
    It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums, and enjoy posting about your simming experiences.
    Your quote is great! :)

@luthienrising "I was introduced to The Sims by my kids (the ones who are now Young Adults) not long after the game came out, and I've been playing all the PC versions on and off, in binges, ever since."

ME TO, ALSO.
    @luthienrising "I was introduced to The Sims by my kids (the ones who are now Young Adults) not long after the game came out, and I've been playing all the PC versions on and off, in binges, ever since."

ME TO, ALSO.

Hello @FoundMarbles
    It is very nice and specialthat you were first introduced to simming by your children. It is great that this led you to becoming a simmer and enjoying playing the different versions of the Sims. Simming is fun! :)
    rosemow wrote: »

ME TO, ALSO.

Hello @FoundMarbles
    It is very nice and specialthat you were first introduced to simming by your children. It is great that this led you to becoming a simmer and enjoying playing the different versions of the Sims. Simming is fun! :)

AND addictive! I seem to spend hours where I meant to spend minutes. :D
    rosemow wrote: »

ME TO, ALSO.

Hello @FoundMarbles

AND addictive! I seem to spend hours where I meant to spend minutes. :D

Hello
    Time passes very quickly when we are simming! :)
  • MegHoustMegHoust Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey guys!

I've been on the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!

I have only played TS3 & 4. I was never lucky enough to get to play 1 or 2, unless I was watching a friend when they were playing on their own rig.

I finally have some down time with a less stressful job and easier classes I'm taking in school to be able to devote more time to my Sims.
    (Don't tell my husband that)

I have 3 fur babies, two German Shepherds and a squirrel. (The squirrel was a rescue and had neuro damage so she is unable to be released, don't fret!)

Anywho, like I said, I'm glad that I'm going to be joining the fun with all of the other simmers out there
    :)
    MegHoust wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I've been on the forums for some time now and finally decided to make an account and join the fun!

I have only played TS3 & 4. I was never lucky enough to get to play 1 or 2, unless I was watching a friend when they were playing on their own rig.

I finally have some down time with a less stressful job and easier classes I'm taking in school to be able to devote more time to my Sims.
    (Don't tell my husband that)

I have 3 fur babies, two German Shepherds and a squirrel. (The squirrel was a rescue and had neuro damage so she is unable to be released, don't fret!)

Anywho, like I said, I'm glad that I'm going to be joining the fun with all of the other simmers out there
    :)

Hello @MegHoust :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to posting on the forums!
    I hope that your school studies are going well. It is nice that you have two German Shepherds and a squirrel. It was very kind and thoughtful of you to adopt and care for the injured squirrel <3 The pets would be special animal members of your family.
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers on the forums, and enjoy posting about the sims in your games.
  • PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, so I thought I'd do it here. When do new members become able to post pictures/quote/change avatars/etc? Is it a certain amount of time, or post count? Just out of curiosity :smile: I'm loving the forums so far!
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

I'm not sure where the best place to post this is, so I thought I'd do it here. When do new members become able to post pictures/quote/change avatars/etc? Is it a certain amount of time, or post count? Just out of curiosity :smile: I'm loving the forums so far!

Hello @PrincessSimcess :)
    You need to have 50 points, 30 posts and have been a new member for at least 24 hours, before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know
    Happy Simming! :)
  • redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    Hello,
    My name is Redkitty42, and I am addicted to TheSims.
    It's been a while since I have been on the forums. I guess I was demoted from linking pictures and sharing my builds (yikes). I was really into building in The Sims3 but have been mainly living out my sims lives in The Sims4. I have been playing TheSims since my daughter got TheSims1 for her birthday (basically when it first came out) and we have been a simming family ever since LOL).

Thank you for the info on how to start posting pics and links. I entered the Build n Share challenge #62 and could not link to my build. :'(
    I have entered the Build n Share challenges in the Sims3 but it's been a long while since I have posted.
    redkitty42 wrote: »
    Hello,
    My name is Redkitty42, and I am addicted to TheSims.
    It's been a while since I have been on the forums. I guess I was demoted from linking pictures and sharing my builds (yikes). I was really into building in The Sims3 but have been mainly living out my sims lives in The Sims4. I have been playing TheSims since my daughter got TheSims1 for her birthday (basically when it first came out) and we have been a simming family ever since LOL).

Thank you for the info on how to start posting pics and links. I entered the Build n Share challenge #62 and could not link to my build. :'(
    I have entered the Build n Share challenges in the Sims3 but it's been a long while since I have posted.

Hello @redkitty42 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome back to the forums!
    It is nice that you first started simming when your daughter received the original sims 1 for her birthday. It was a very special gift that has resulted in you and your family enjoying spending many fun, enjoyable and happy hours ever since as simmers! It is nice that you are a simming family. You would enjoy chatting about The Sims and the sims in your games.
    Building is a very special part of simming! It allows us to express our creativity , and have fun at the same time! I hope that you will enjoy doing more Build n Share challenges.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top