Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stay-At-Home Mom

My sims is at level 10 in the doctor's career. She delivered a baby. That weekend she decided to invite the mother of the baby she delivered over for dinner. When she asked her about her career it said she was a Stay-At-Home Mom. I thought it was really cute and I wonder if we could declare our unemployed parents as such if they have kids? My sim doesn't have any children at the moment so I can't test this out yet. I was wondering if anyone else can.

Comments

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I've tested it out :)

If you sim is unemployed they'll be a stay at home mum if they have kids! If they don't have kids they'll simply be unemployed.

I've only tested this with a female sim though ;)
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It's the same with dads :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    > @Kamio said:
    > I've tested it out
    >
    > If you sim is unemployed they'll be a stay at home mum if they have kids! If they don't have kids they'll simply be unemployed.
    >
    > I've only tested this with a female sim though

well that's about the cutest thing in the game at the moment, can't believe I havn't noticed it
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    Awww how adorable <333
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I think unemployed Elders say that they're retired, too.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @luthienrising well that makes me exceptionally happy :)

I'm about to have a kid of my own and my husband is going to be staying at home while he finishes off his studies/starts them!!

I'm glad maxoids put it in for both genders :smile:

Yay!!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    Wow, it's the little things in this game that make me happy
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Wow, it's the little things in this game that make me happy

That's exactly how I feel. It's all the little cute differences from the three first games, that makes me smile with delight. All the differences we have been wishing for, and now we have got them: Breastfeeding, multitasking, babies with legs and arms (Sims 3 had larvaes), Teen engagement/commitment and fooling around, all the small animals around in the nature: frogs you can breed, squirrels, ducks swimming on the water and many more, insects in the air, the stunning views (no more empty neighborhoods), sims walking and running around. I could proceed all day. I love it!

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I think unemployed Elders say that they're retired, too.

I can confirm that it doesn't. It just says unemployed.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    My female sim is unemployed and her career is Housewife. She has 2 daughters though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she quit her job when her oldest daughter was born? Anyway, I really like that they added this :)
  • Options
    islem101islem101 Posts: 59 Member
    Poekie03 wrote: »
    My female sim is unemployed and her career is Housewife. She has 2 daughters though. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that she quit her job when her oldest daughter was born? Anyway, I really like that they added this :)

Hope that it will happen to me :D
    I like that you invited the mother for dinner, you play the game very creative. :)

• Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    islem101 wrote: »
    Poekie03 wrote: »

Hope that it will happen to me :D
    I like that you invited the mother for dinner, you play the game very creative. :)

Thanks! I'm a family player so I really like focusing on relationships between my sims. Helps keep it interesting for me because I get bored so easily. :#
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited May 2015
    Kamio wrote: »

If you sim is unemployed they'll be a stay at home mum if they have kids! If they don't have kids they'll simply be unemployed.

I also tested it out yesterday. But no! I am not very sure about the translation but my game said: Reality master at the art Gallery 1.000 words!!!
    She is a stay at home mom with a baby.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Kamio wrote: »

I also tested it out yesterday. But no! I am not very sure about the translation but my game said: Reality master at the art Gallery 1.000 words!!!
    She is a stay at home mom with a baby.

That means the game has assigned her a job - it's a known bug if it's a played Sim.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I agree with Brookesaywhatx it says unemployed in my game as well. I should know because I have three stay at home moms. They are all friends and were bridesmaids at each others Wedding.
  • Options
    AubreyHartAubreyHart Posts: 132 Member
    Awwww! How unbelievably adorable! x
  • Options
    MelMonsterxMelMonsterx Posts: 74 Member
    I have a sim who has 2 kids so far. Her employment tab says "Lucille doesn't have a job. Join a career." How do I get her to become a stay at home mom? I don't get it...
    Origin ID: MelMonsterx
  • Options
    pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    I have a sim who has 2 kids so far. Her employment tab says "Lucille doesn't have a job. Join a career." How do I get her to become a stay at home mom? I don't get it...

If you were to take control of another Sim and make that Sim ask about Lucille's career, it will most likely say "Stay-At-Home Mom" in a pop-up.

12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    I just noticed this, so cute!
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I love the little things too. i think if your Sim's kids are teens, it may say housewife, or if the teens become young adults
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I love that! Even though I won't be able to, I desperately want to be a stay at home mom when I'm old enough and when I have kids. But no, I will work. Gah!
  • Options
    vvindows98vvindows98 Posts: 8 New Member
    ahh that's cute :') next time i play a whole family, i'm gonna have one of the parents stay at home just so I can see it B)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My sims is at level 10 in the doctor's career. She delivered a baby. That weekend she decided to invite the mother of the baby she delivered over for dinner. When she asked her about her career it said she was a Stay-At-Home Mom. I thought it was really cute and I wonder if we could declare our unemployed parents as such if they have kids? My sim doesn't have any children at the moment so I can't test this out yet. I was wondering if anyone else can.
    vvindows98 wrote: »
    ahh that's cute :') next time i play a whole family, i'm gonna have one of the parents stay at home just so I can see it B)

I wonder if she actually had the baby though. when I've played a doctor and got to deliver a baby. the sims coming into the hospital in labour where sims that later on didn't have babies. example one time Bella Goth came in. but when I went to her house, she didn't have a baby. my game just generated her to be pregnant and in labour but in reality in game no baby. which is a shame.
  • Options
    simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member

Omg that is such a creative way of playing the game. Very nice to have the mother of the baby over for dinner. Also yes I love the fact that unemployed mothers and fathers get labeled as stay-at-home-mom/dad. It is too cute!
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg