Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
Do Sims really need is so much as we think?
You can test yourself in the independence challenge. In this challenge you will create a family of 4 toddlers and 2 adults. Feel free to do this on a new save.. you are not allowed to use any cheats. You cannot do anything for your Sim, you are only allowed to hire a butler. You cannot tell the butler what to do, pretty much you cannot do anything.

Feel free to do this while watching a movie or going to work in real life! No requirements to being at your PC.

You can only control your Sims if you:
1.) Want to move houses.
2.) Wish to solve a glitch/bug that you need to control your Sim to solve.
3.) Get a job.
4.) Quit job.
5.) Dismiss/Fire butler.
6.) Choose a promotion branch.
7.) Age up manually if you turn off lifespan (instructions on this below).
8.) Complain to landlord/repair something.
9.) Sell painting/creations.
10.) Travel to festivals and back home. Yes you can also tell them to go on holiday if you have the game pack.
11.) If you feel nothing is happening with 4 toddlers you are allowed to try for kids or adopt a baby/toddler. You can have how many toddlers/children you wish, but you can only have 2 adults (unless they are teens that grown up). You can only adopt babies and toddlers.

You cannot do homework for the kids or anything like that. You are allowed to supply them with toys through build mode. You can use build mode for anything you wish. (You cannot use it to purposely move your Sims or change their moods at the exact moment of gameplay). There is no limit on housing in any way, but you cannot use cheats to get any house you want in the game. CC is allowed and you can choose the lifespan to be normal or long, you are also allowed to turn off the lifespan.

Aging up with lifespan turned off:
If you decide to turn off the lifespan then you are allowed to manually age up Sims, but you can only age them up after the normal life span of their age has passed.
E.g. Let's say teens are teens for 10 days, you can only manually age them up when the 10 days are up.

You can decide to not age up Sims.

You can report your progress, who died, who lived, what happened etc. feel free to even make videos if you really want to. Feel free to post anything here! It will be exciting to see people do this!

How long does the challenge last: Minimum 48 hours in real life (does not have to be continuous! You can check your time and then check it again after you stop playing the family and write down somewhere how many hours and minutes you played, you can do this over days, weeks, months.. there is no limit).
Or
If all Sims die.

You can continue the challenge after 48 hours!

Good Luck!

14/2/2017: Added a extra challenge: to make things a bit fresh I added a extra mini challenge to this, it is optional!!

If you want you can continue the family for generations :) whoever gets to the 10th generation will be listed on the first post in the Hall Of Independent Sims, your forum name will be listed with the sims from the 10th generation.
Post edited by UnrealRoot on

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm in. Going to create the family now.

So basically, I am just to watch their antics? Or how they fare?
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    This sounds like it will be interesting. Almost like just watching a reality show or Vlog
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm in. Going to create the family now.

So basically, I am just to watch their antics? Or how they fare?

You can watch them or do things irl, you don't have to be at your PC at all don't worry.
    You can watch anything about them you wish and report it to us, but please make sure to report their survival.. the most important thing is to know who died and who is alive (you do not have to know the cause of death!). You can also tell us anything you want to ! Things you find funny that they did, maybe what is happening, the story, moods, why they are feeling what they are etc. you can tell us anything about them and their actions.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Argh, I'm too controlling for this :smiley:
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member

This sounds cool and I may do it just to see the weird stuff that goes down but I'm a controlling perfectionist and this would just spike my anxiety. I'm still gonna try it though :D
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    This seems fun!
    I'm like the others in the thread. Very controlling of my sims and what they do. lol, but I'm game to give it a try and will also put aging on for this challenge for the first time ever!

I imagine you also want to know which toddler gets removed by services and how soon? lol
    edited February 2017
    I'm like the others in the thread. Very controlling of my sims and what they do. lol, but I'm game to give it a try and will also put aging on for this challenge for the first time ever!

I imagine you also want to know which toddler gets removed by services and how soon? lol

Yeah! Feel free to make a back story for your Sims and post their names and ages here if you want :) as another user said it is kind of like reality TV just for sims.

I also have no aging on xd if you don't want your favourite Sims to die feel free to do this on a new save.
    Here's the Quintanas:

FmUARr8.png

Santos the father, Marina the mother and the 4 tots, Sadie, Carlos, Jesus, and Alana
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I'm going to give this a shot. Adults will be Steven and Kendra. Tots will be Chase, Alyson, Gary, and Ashley. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Here's the Quintanas:

FmUARr8.png

Santos the father, Marina the mother and the 4 tots, Sadie, Carlos, Jesus, and Alana

Awesome hopefully no one dies :x their names sound Mexican (not a bad thing!) just curious if they are of Mexican heritage?
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a shot. Adults will be Steven and Kendra. Tots will be Chase, Alyson, Gary, and Ashley. :)
    Good luck! I will be eager to hear how it is coming along, hopefully no one dies.
    Mom's not happy about the dirty potty ( she has the neat trait)

EStDDfD.png

But she is feeding them!

siDQH2z.png

edited February 2017
    Mom's not happy about the dirty potty ( she has the neat trait)

EStDDfD.png

But she is feeding them!

siDQH2z.png

Haha, you wrote this in the way that suggested because she is neat and the potty is dirty then she won't feed the children xD
    I wonder if she will clean the potty.. she looks so unimpressed or will she just be like ''I am neat but I will go eat grilled cheese instead of clean my toddler's potty''
    She cleaned the potty on her own after feeding a couple of the kids. So far, they are tending to the kids pretty well. Jesus had a nightmare and woke dad up, but mom made him feel better by playing with him.

She cleaned the potty on her own after feeding a couple of the kids. So far, they are tending to the kids pretty well. Jesus had a nightmare and woke dad up, but mom made him feel better by playing with him.

I am surprised it's going so well :x
    I feel like this challenge will show us something like "Sims can actually live alone and we are just making their life harder".
    UnrealRoot wrote: »

I am surprised it's going so well :x
    I feel like this challenge will show us something like "Sims can actually live alone and we are just making their life harder".

lol! Could be! They might just have very nice little lives that they want to live out if we didn't interfere all the time! We'll see though. Dad starts work tomorrow and then mom will be left home alone with the tots.

That will be when I get home from work tomorrow. For now, I've left them all asleep in their beds.
    There's a melt down in the nursery. Four cranky, stinky, sleepy toddlers. All the adults are asleep. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited February 2017
    This is not looking good for the poor tots. They are hungry, dirty, and cranky. Parents at work. Butler fed herself then went to take a bath, ignoring the toddlers. Only tot with food is Gary who grabbed it when the Butler put it down for her bath.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2017
    Here is my family (The Burrows). I randomized all the traits ironically the parents both got Big Happy family.

Zackery (Big Happy Family, Self-Assured, Cheerful and Outgoing)
    RCxroeE.png

Lyndsey (Big Happy Family, Lazy, Genius, and Good)
    SUs1dCf.png

Niko (Charmer)
    GDZocNe.png

Darian (Clingy)
    vLckTxG.png

Savannah (Angelica)
    eS8pw50.png

Rhett (Inquisitive)
    RWDKgGe.png

The House
    aUADZeN.png

The Lockwood Family Tree

Well, everybody made it to childhood. I was starting to wonder for awhile there.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    edited February 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Well, everybody made it to childhood. I was starting to wonder for awhile there.

This challenge is really starting to make me feel like we are just bothering sims.
    Here is my family (The Burrows). I randomized all the traits ironically the parents both got Big Happy family.

Zackery (Big Happy Family, Self-Assured, Cheerful and Outgoing)
    RCxroeE.png

Lyndsey (Big Happy Family, Lazy, Genius, and Good)
    SUs1dCf.png

Niko (Charmer)
    GDZocNe.png

Darian (Clingy)
    vLckTxG.png

Savannah (Angelica)
    eS8pw50.png

Rhett (Inquisitive)
    RWDKgGe.png

The House
    aUADZeN.png

Their family is big but I am not sure if they will be happy :x I hope no one dies, actually at this point I want some disaster because it looks like everyone can live on their own and we are just bothering sims.

If nothing won't happen after a few people do the challenge then I will have to increase the toddler size to max so something just has to happen xD or the sims miraculously survive and everyone is happy.
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I think I'll try this when I get home tonight. We'll see how long I last because I'm pretty controlling of my Sims as well.
  • Miss_LestrangeMiss_Lestrange Posts: 21 Member
    I'm like... an extreme micromanager, so maybe this is the kind of challenge I need, I'm going to start now :)
  • mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    I'm only 30 minutes into this and have already had one toddler taken away!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I really want to do this, I even know what Sims I would use for it and it would be so much fun with the chaos it would cause. Not sure I could stand by and let a child get taken away though...that would be really, really hard for me to deal with I think...
    ~ ~ ~
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top