Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @WiggleyTuff, @Dancer-freak, @NocturnalDuet

Should we start February 1st?

Between Feb 1-7, read as many chapters or as little (at least 1) as you can of the featured story.

Between Feb 8th-10th, we can have a discussion here about said story.

The next story we were going to discuss was Dancer's Blakesley Legacy. I vote we start with that one.

Any thoughts about the 2nd one?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Dancer-freakDancer-freak Posts: 223 Member
    I like this idea as well! Schedules make me very, very happy... like a security blanket lol.
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    @xJojox thanks for reading! (I meant to say something earlier but kept forgetting!!) I hope you're enjoying it so far! I am looking forwards to when I can get a few hours in to pick away some more at your story (preferably with some Timmies hot chocolate and a cozy blanket hehe).

Also! I didn't see @AdamsEve1231 latest post when I posted mine... how silly of me *face palm*, I have no preference of what story we read! I enjoy them all and am looking forward to discussions on them all!
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    Works for me.
  • Options
    I like this idea as well! Schedules make me very, very happy... like a security blanket lol.

Me too, @Dancer-freak. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Dancer-freak, @NocturnalDuet, and @WiggleyTuff...

Today starts our new reading/discussion schedule! To kick us off, we're starting with @Dancer-freak's The Blakesley Legacy.

Read at your own pace between the 1st-7th. Be thinking about questions you can ask @Dancer-freak and the rest of us about the story.
    Between the 8th-10th, we'll be discussing the story. Read at least one chapter so you can participate in discussion.

@Dancer-freak is there anything you want us to keep in mind or questions you'd like to ask us to keep in mind as we read?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Dancer-freak i've already been reading your story recently in the past few days. I'm not a huge legacy reader, but there are some really good ones out there. I don't actually read the challenges in this thread either. But i want to completely support you and your story and read it ... The starting of this story reminds me a lot of another story that i read from an old member of our group ... I read julyvee94's wild hearts ... and wanted to know is this a story based on living from the ground up? Like with no money and kinda homeless ... then attaining things slowly? (is this a legacy challenge?) Like i said i'm clueless of the challenges out there... :)

Cannot wait to keep reading though ... :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @xJojox, @Dancer-freak, @WiggleyTuff, @Simcraft81, @NocturnalDuet

Did everyone get a chance to weigh in on the logo @xJojox created for us?
    xJojox wrote: »
    IgS8GSq.png

LOGO IDEA ONE :)

Yey OR Ney?

Discussion:

Hope everyone got the opportunity to read at least one chapter of @Dancer-freak's Blakesley Legacy in the last seven days. I'm up to chapter 3, and planning to read more today.

We can start off with some light questions.

1) Favorite character?
    2) Favorite funny moment?
    3) Favorite sad moment?
    4) Favorite happy moment?
    5) Favorite lines of dialogue?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ive read 9 chapters :) and i will answer these questions when i read some more :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Blakesley Legacy
    Lee is my favorite character. I like his relationship with Yumi and Sam. He seems like a good person. The part when he was trying to talk to Char through the door was a good example of how good a person he is. Nothing against Char but so far, I think she's lucky to have him in her life. I feel like sending Alvi over to rough up Damien! I like Batman too so Sam gets an automatic like plus he's funny lol. He also reminds me of myself as a child lol seriously, at christmas the anticipation of what's under the wrapping was just as fun as seeing what it was :)

• Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Im really sorry guys, if you want you can kick me out. I believe i can start my story sometime next month but i aint sure quite yet xD Alot of personal stuff is going on at the moment
  • Options
    Im really sorry guys, if you want you can kick me out. I believe i can start my story sometime next month but i aint sure quite yet xD Alot of personal stuff is going on at the moment

@WiggleyTuff We'd love to have you participate in the reading/discussion portion of this thread, since that's part of the circle. But if you would rather wait until you've finished writing, then I understand. And you'd be more than welcome to return once you've gotten your story written and posted. Wishing you health, happiness, and peace in your life. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Thank you, i might be able to squeze on some reading and discussion, just got a busy 8 days ahead of me with mainly school work(: Thank you so much
  • Options
    Blakesley Lagacy
    I'm all caught up and wow... Char just can't seem to escape her past. I wonder how things would've turned out with Lee and she was up front and told the truth from the beginning. I wonder if they'd be as close as they are now. Those secrets must be tearing her up inside...I'm glad she got to relax among 'other' things at the resort. I hope Damien gets what he deserves! Good read :)
  • Options
    Hey all! Sorry, I lost the charger for my laptop and my phone is a piece of cr*p. Lol. But I discovered it at the studio I work at so YIPEE :p

I hope you are all enjoying the Blakesley Legacy! I do have a few questions for everyone if the have some time:

1. What are your thoughts on the protagonist, Charlotte Blakesley?
    2. Has anything happened in the story that you are confused about?
    3. If you want to, based on your knowledge of the story so far, I would really like to hear some predictions for the end of generation one :tongue:

@xJojox Thanks for reading! I understand your feelings towards legacies. Hahahe. They can be a bit stale sometimes, although there are a few that are very well done too! Just like anything. I like the idea of dynamic family lines and I also really, really love mystery and drama. I wanted the Blakesley Legacy to have both, so I figured a legacy challenge would be a good idea! I am definitely not going for the traditional challenge, and it is definitely more of a planned out story than a normal "boy meets girl" type scenario you see happening in a lot of legacies. In a way, yes, this story is about starting from the ground up, or starting over. But the past does have a way of coming around to bite Charlotte and her family in the butt. LOL.

@Simcraft81 I am glad you are enjoying it! Lee and Sam are my constants, the ones who keep Charlotte on the straight and narrow. Especially with Damien back in her life
    Honestly though, sometimes I am writing or thinking about Char and Damien, knowing all of their back story and the motives behind their actions I think there could have been something there, had they not been raised the way they were (foreshadowing oooo). I think, in a way, Charlotte also knows that as well, and that is the reason she is so docile towards him. That, and he is sort of unstable and scary.
    And little Sammy <3 He is such a sweet little boy, helpful and kind. He just wants a family and sometimes I am sad that he and Lee have been thrown into this situation blind, and I do know Char needs to tell Lee soon. But come on dramatic irony is the best kind there is! Hehehe. Glad you are enjoying it so far!

As for the logo, I already put in my two cents but I will do it again! Love it, looks good I say we use it XD @AdamsEve1231 @xJojox
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm up to date @Dancer-freak

::: YOUR QUESTION ANSWERS :::
    1. What are your thoughts on the protagonist, Charlotte Blakesley? Push over! I think if she was serious about keeping her and her family safe she would take some extreme measures and fix this. I think she scared at the end of the day ... but also a wish she would just tell the truth. I think Lee would be there to support her if only he knew what she was going through and all of her fears.
    2. Has anything happened in the story that you are confused about? I'm very curious about the baby. Is it Lee's or is it Damien's? (Way to keep us all guessing! Also a little curious about this other child too. The uncertainty of things makes you want to read the next chapter, very good tactic to keep your readers guessing! I'm also very confused about her sister, when will she come into play...?
    3. If you want to, based on your knowledge of the story so far, I would really like to hear some predictions for the end of generation one? Death of Damien! LOL. One can only hope. Which i do like his characters looks more than Lee's ... his character is written well, but despicable at the same time. I would love the see Char happy for real. There is a dark cloud hanging over this woman's head and you can tell that the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is going to hit the fan at some point ... the happy families is very cute, and the memories and moments are beautiful but at the same time she is living a bit of a lie too.

::: LIZ'S QUESTIONS :::
    1) Favorite character? I like Lee. While Char is the main character, Lee is as real as they get. There is so much mystery surrounding the other characters to understand them fully. There is still a alot of truth and story to be told to get them properly. But from minute one ... most of Lee's character has been defined into a loving father and loving husband. And supportive too ...
    2) Favorite funny moment? Hmm. There hasn't been tons of funny moments because the story itself is quite serious. There have definitely been fun moments on their honeymoon ... and Lee and Char's first meeting at the gym was a bit cute.
    3) Favorite sad moment? When we first met Damien. The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 of sorts that went down and her shutting the world out. That was a little crushing to her soul and Lee and her relationship. Thankfully they got through it and Char didn't feel held back.
    4) Favorite happy moment? Theres been some really cool ones, maybe when she met Sam and read him a book :) That was pretty cute. There are so many others too that involve the birthday party and honeymoon too.
    5) Favorite lines of dialogue? I've read quite a bit, but i hate to say that some of Damien's lines has been kinda good. He is intimidating, and a little bit of a sadist of sorts. It He does bring an element of drama to the story that thickens the plot.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Char should just call the cops on Damien lol. We all know how quick they show up in Sunset Valley ;) All they need is a burglar alarm from buy mode!
  • Options
    Hey guys!! Thanks for answering the questions!! I really enjoyed reading your points of views and getting your takes on the story... I am also happy to know that you are all where I would hope my readers would be in regards to the characters and to the story itself.

@xJojox
    Yeah, Char is a weak character. She doesn't really know or even want to stand up for herself, especially when it comes to Damien. She has this amazing support system around her but there is something holding her back. And, yes, at the end of the day this something scares the h*ll out of her and keeps her silent. As for question two, I am glad that this tactic is working! I have it all planned out and all of these questions will come to light in the very near future :smile: As for Nathan, though, I can tell you that he definitely is Damien's child. Poor boy. Your answer to the third question is great!! Char is living a lie, her entire life is built on lies and deceit. Things will definitely come to a head with her and Damien, and it does seem like her only way out is to kill him, huh? So WHY doesn't she? Just some food for thought :wink:

I agree, Lee is a great character and I wanted to have something real admist all the chaos. Something that people could hold on to (Like Charlotte does). Damien is definitely there to, as you put it, thicken the plot. He is the main antagonist (for now) and I love the drama that he has put in the story.

@Simcraft81 LOL why didn't I think of that?!?! :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh yay! Conversation here makes me happy.

Sorry everyone. I kinda disappeared over the weekend. I had a bachelorette party to attend, a standing gaming day with friends, and then food poisoning I think. Anyhoo, I plan to catch up soon with conversation and reading.

In the meantime, I did post a new I&S chapter for anyone who is caught up... (lol... totally okay if you're not). This one is from Ayesha's perspective following what happened at the end of the last Kass chapter and the two Billy chapters.

Bad Choices (Ayesha)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Lol I like putting my burglar alarms on the outside of the houses so the burglar won't have a chance to enter.
  • Options
    hey what a cool idea ... :) i never get burglars tho.
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Lol I like putting my burglar alarms on the outside of the houses so the burglar won't have a chance to enter.

But would they steal things from your yard? I had a burglar steal my car and another steal a garden gnome. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest