Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac 2016: Unrecognized Video Card

Hi!

I am wondering if/how running TS4 with expansions will affect my graphics card? (I am not much of a computer tech)

Due the unfortunate death of my previous 2011 Macbook, I purchased the new 2016 Macbook (2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 460, Intel HD Graphics 530).

After downloading and opening the Sims4, I received this error --- "Unrecognized Video Card: Your video card was not found in our database. Your graphics settings have been set as high as possible, but you may wish to reduce them if you are experiencing poor performance."

This is my graphics device info on the Config.log

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): AMD Radeon Pro 460
Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Driver: AMD Radeon Pro 460 OpenGL Engine, Version: 0.1.48.16

CPU: MacBookPro13,3
Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6920HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz
"Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

tumblr_lzyx3cfbsx1ql141xo1_250.gif

Comments

• Lunder89Lunder89 Posts: 155 Member
    The game is simply unaware of your graphics card, because it is brand new on the market. The only thing it means is, that Sims 4 can't set the graphics settings and resolution automatically.

I would advice a resolution of 1440x900 and either medium or high graphics settings.
  • paige35617paige35617 Posts: 52 Member
    @Lunder89 Thank you!
    "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain" - Vivian Greene

• TinyrazorPlayerTinyrazorPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    I'm thinking about getting the new MacBook Pro and I was wondering how it was performing. Are you graphics settings on high? And how many expansion packs do you have? I hope it's performing well as I have a 2012 15" MacBook Pro which is doing okay on high/medium settings.
    @TinyrazorPlayer I have all of the expansions with my settings on high and it has been working great! :D I had the old 2012 15" with the recalled retina screen, and it always was lagging even on the lowest settings possible. :( But this one has been great! I really love the new MacBook.

• TinyrazorPlayerTinyrazorPlayer Posts: 49 Member
    paige35617 wrote: »
    @TinyrazorPlayer I have all of the expansions with my settings on high and it has been working great! :D I had the old 2012 15" with the recalled retina screen, and it always was lagging even on the lowest settings possible. :( But this one has been great! I really love the new MacBook.

Thanks for replying back to me. I'm literally gonna get the new MacBook Pro soon and I have one more thing to ask from you. Please don't feel obliged to do this but if possible, can you go to the gallery and download a large lot 64x64 lot that is highly decorated and see if it still performs without lagging? Because large lots with loads of items requires more power.

Thanks
    paige35617 wrote: »

Thanks for replying back to me. I'm literally gonna get the new MacBook Pro soon and I have one more thing to ask from you. Please don't feel obliged to do this but if possible, can you go to the gallery and download a large lot 64x64 lot that is highly decorated and see if it still performs without lagging? Because large lots with loads of items requires more power.

Thanks

Hi, I am so sorry for missing this. I actually traveled abroad the 15th to study and have not had an internet connection since. lol. I did run a 64x64 and it worked great. It is actually my own custom lot which I built a large castle on (so it has a lot of stuff).