Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    yunanesca wrote: »
    Hi all I'm sorry I 've been gone for while I recently lost my husband just the past January 11th and I'm still here but slowly I'm still quiet broken an and sad. but it seems work on my sims give me a smile back it was some he would never want me to give up on some that made me happy to work on I'm slowly getting back up and picking up what pieces are left and to walk again. I still fee like I'm in a haze. but I'm slowly getting out of it. I was working on projects until my husband passed. and then everything came to a frozen halt.

Hello @yunanesca
    I am so sorry to hear of the passing away of your loving and loved husband. I send lots of big hugs to you <3 I will keep you in my thoughts through this hard time. Your treasured special memories of him will remain forever in your heart and mind.
    He would want you to keep simming. May it help you as you travel through this hard time .
    Sending another hug to you <3
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    Hi all I'm sorry I 've been gone for while I recently lost my husband just the past January 11th and I'm still here but slowly I'm still quiet broken an and sad. but it seems work on my sims give me a smile back it was some he would never want me to give up on some that made me happy to work on I'm slowly getting back up and picking up what pieces are left and to walk again. I still fee like I'm in a haze. but I'm slowly getting out of it. I was working on projects until my husband passed. and then everything came to a frozen halt.

I am so sad to hear that your husband passed away. I don't know what the pain is like, nor can I even try to imagine. But I am glad that you came here to share that pain, because to go through that alone, I am sure is immensely hard. I hope that knowing that others wish to help and share your grief will bring you some consolation. I send you so much love dear. <3<3
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @UniquePuggle yes it been hard I'm defiantly trying my best but some days are better than others.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
  • Raey0nRaey0n Posts: 203 Member
    I'm a wreck rn. I can't cope. All 3 of my friends have started to selfharm. Or at least, 2 of them. I'm not sure of 1, but she's only told one other person. I'm sick of the secrets. I've got a burden enough but an unknown one is ten times worse. My anxiety is worsening, I've been to the school councellor but idk anymore. :cry:
    edited February 2017
    I'm a wreck rn. I can't cope. All 3 of my friends have started to selfharm. Or at least, 2 of them. I'm not sure of 1, but she's only told one other person. I'm sick of the secrets. I've got a burden enough but an unknown one is ten times worse. My anxiety is worsening, I've been to the school councellor but idk anymore. :cry:

Hello @xSimsForLifex
    You are a very caring friend, who is very thoughtfully concerned about your friends. It is an added pressure onto you as you endure through your own anxiety. I send hugs to you <3 I am sorry that life feels a bit overwhelming at the moment, and you are having difficulties coping with all that your life is currently holding. It is good that you have been to see your school counsellor. Also , it may be helpful for you to talk about your anxiety with your doctor. He will offer support for you, and you may not feel alone in your anxiousness. Try taking time out just for yourself, doing things that you enjoy doing. Your mental and physical welfare is so important. The stress of knowing your friends are self harming is affecting you, and you need for your own well being to take a break from the stressful situation. You will continue to give them the support they need as friends. Try to encourage them to see a counsellor or a doctor. This would be very beneficial for them.
    I send another hug to you <3
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member

I'm sorry to hear about your friends' situations and that it's affecting you. If you know/suspect that they are engaging in self-harm, you should probably first alert someone who can hopefully help them, such as a parent or a school counsellor, if those options are available for you. What you should also probably do is try and talk to them about your concerns for their well-being; if they are indeed self-harming, it's probably because they are in one way or another not feeling well and they will need as much support as they can possibly receive to get through this rough patch in their lives. While they may not seem susceptible to whatever support you have to offer, it might be even worse to pretend the problem doesn't exist.

As for your own anxiety, I think the best thing you can do is seek professional help. If you feel like the school counsellor can't provide the help and support you need, maybe you should consider seeing a psychologist? As far as my experience goes, psychologists generally have a few more tips as to how to handle anxiety than your average school counsellor.

Hope everything works out well, both for you and your friends!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @yunanesca I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I send you hugs and hope you have faith in that tomorrow will be a better day than today.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Ok nvm false alarm

Everything I've seen you post seems to look like an immediate reaction. Don't panic. Think things through before worrying about them.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    edited February 2017
    20161008_201037.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7
    Lost my fur-baby today Becca. 13yrs wasn't enough. :'(
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
    @yunanesca I am so so sorry, send hugs and prayers. I am sorry for what everyone is going through, so much pain the in the world right now. That is why this place is so good. We need to uplift each other. Hugs to all.
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fzz188%2Fpipersfun%2F20161008_201037.jpg

Hello @Pipersfun2
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Becca. I send big hugs to you <3 Our pets are special animal members of our family. You will always have special treasured memories of fun times spent with your dog. Becca is so very nice, It is a very special and nice picture that you posted of Becca,
    I will keep you in my thoughts at this sad time. Sending another hug to you <3
    rosemow wrote: »
    Download-File?file=%2Falbums%2Fzz188%2Fpipersfun%2F20161008_201037.jpg

Hello @Pipersfun2
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Becca. I send big hugs to you <3 Our pets are special animal members of our family. You will always have special treasured memories of fun times spent with your dog. Becca is so very nice, It is a very special and nice picture that you posted of Becca,
    I will keep you in my thoughts at this sad time. Sending another hug to you <3

@rosemow thank you so very much, you are so sweet. You have such a good heart, you are always in my prayers.
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    i'm super worried about my boyfriend. he got a girl pregnant before we met and she's refusing to let him see the baby when it's born because she doesn't like me. he's super stressed all the time and I'm so afraid he's gonna hurt himself somehow.
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
    honeyboom wrote: »
    i'm super worried about my boyfriend. he got a girl pregnant before we met and she's refusing to let him see the baby when it's born because she doesn't like me. he's super stressed all the time and I'm so afraid he's gonna hurt himself somehow.

I am so so sorry, it can't be easy, have you two thought about getting a lawyer? A family one, if you can't afford one, there are places that will refir you to one. So sorry again. Sending you hugs.

I am so so sorry, it can't be easy, have you two thought about getting a lawyer? A family one, if you can't afford one, there are places that will refir you to one. So sorry again. Sending you hugs.

*hugs* he's gonna take her to court for full custody. the odds aren't quite in his favour tho unfortunately.
    edited February 2017

Hello @honeyboom
    You are very caring about your boyfriend and have a loving concern for him and all that his life is holding. Try encouraging him to talk things over with the pregnant girl, with the two of them just alone. The girl is going through a stressful time being pregnant and perhaps if your boyfriend could give her reassurance that he will support her now and when the child is born it may help her. She may have a mix of conflicting feelings and needs time to work things through. Your boyfriend talking with her when she is ready to listen, will be very beneficial.
    Your loving support for your boyfriend would be encouraging for him. I send a hug to you <3

Hello @honeyboom
    You are very caring about your boyfriend and have a loving concern for him and all that his life is holding. Try encouraging him to talk things over with the pregnant girl, with the two of them just alone. The girl is going through a stressful time being pregnant and perhaps if your boyfriend could give her reassurance that he will support her now and when the child is born it may help her. She may have a mix of conflicting feelings and needs time to work things through. Your boyfriend talking with her when she is ready to listen, will be very beneficial.
    Your loving support for your boyfriend would be encouraging for him. I send a hug to you <3

she won't accept the support. she legit wants him to have absolutely nothing to do with the baby. they argue every day about it and i'm pretty sure her being a constant pain is 90% of the reason he's stressed all the time.

Hello @honeyboom

she won't accept the support. she legit wants him to have absolutely nothing to do with the baby. they argue every day about it and i'm pretty sure her being a constant pain is 90% of the reason he's stressed all the time.

I am so sorry about what is happening :( It is a very stressful situation for him.

*hugs* he's gonna take her to court for full custody. the odds aren't quite in his favour tho unfortunately.

I will be praying, even for the right to see her and partial custody. hugs.

thank you :)

thank you :)
  • yunanescayunanesca Posts: 303 Member
    @LillaGrisen @Pipersfun2

Thank you I'm taking it one day at time I'm try. wither it playing a game or listening to music or watching a movie
    I try to keep my self busy so i don't think much now cause I know if I stop I'm going to just break down.

and it hurts if I do so do my best to stay busy. it seems my shatters heart of a shipwreck I at least found a piece of gold in it all which was sims it brought a smile back to me and it gave me the inspiration to keep going. at best I can I have projects I work on for the sims in the S4s area team and I had work unfinished so I was inspired by the toddlers that came out and I created a family pose with the toddlers that was memory that happened once with me and son and my husband when my son was just toddler.

I have not posted this pose yet but when I do it will be in the S4s studio's.
    ~Sincerely,Yunanesca~
    My show case.
    jjqfre10.png
    click the button for my Sims 4 Creator Studio
    http://yunanesca.tumblr.com/
    @LillaGrisen @Pipersfun2

Thank you I'm taking it one day at time I'm try. wither it playing a game or listening to music or watching a movie
    I try to keep my self busy so i don't think much now cause I know if I stop I'm going to just break down.

and it hurts if I do so do my best to stay busy. it seems my shatters heart of a shipwreck I at least found a piece of gold in it all which was sims it brought a smile back to me and it gave me the inspiration to keep going. at best I can I have projects I work on for the sims in the S4s area team and I had work unfinished so I was inspired by the toddlers that came out and I created a family pose with the toddlers that was memory that happened once with me and son and my husband when my son was just toddler.

I have not posted this pose yet but when I do it will be in the S4s studio's.

Hello @yunanesca
    I am keeping you in my thoughts. I send hugs to you <3
    It is good that The Sims is helping you in the midst of how you are feeling and in the grieving process. The family pose with the toddler sounds so very special! It is very lovely that it is based on a time when your son was a toddler and it occured with your husband, yourself and your son <3 It will be very special to have in the game.
    Sending gentle flower petals to you to surround your heart.
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    I am sorry if my problem seems dumb to be posted here, but I tried getting help from a lot of threads here, and still have that thing floating in my head. I can't get it out of my head. I am thinking about it almost all the time. Because of that, I can't commit myself properly to anything else in my life.

I am thinking about if I should buy TS4 base game tomorrow. I have only TS3 Starter Pack (with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). I am torn between saving up money for something unrelated to Sims, and buying TS4 while it's on this huge sale.

I will now try to give some background.

I am working as a freelancer. Currently I have one job, but it's on-hold, because my client is away, and I don't know the reason. Nevertheless, I got already some money from that. Not much, but enough to buy TS4. The thing I would buy instead of the game are one or more e-books for self-development. But, I played TS4 for some time, but it was not mine, and I've played my Trial. Now I want to own it. I am aware of what I'll get (and also what I won't get. I am also aware of what I have, and what I'm able to do in TS3.

So, here's the question:

Will it be worth having just the base game, with playing challenges, and can I get creative enough with just the base the game?
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I am sorry if my problem seems dumb to be posted here, but I tried getting help from a lot of threads here, and still have that thing floating in my head. I can't get it out of my head. I am thinking about it almost all the time. Because of that, I can't commit myself properly to anything else in my life.

I am thinking about if I should buy TS4 base game tomorrow. I have only TS3 Starter Pack (with Late Night and High-End Loft Stuff). I am torn between saving up money for something unrelated to Sims, and buying TS4 while it's on this huge sale.

I will now try to give some background.

I am working as a freelancer. Currently I have one job, but it's on-hold, because my client is away, and I don't know the reason. Nevertheless, I got already some money from that. Not much, but enough to buy TS4. The thing I would buy instead of the game are one or more e-books for self-development. But, I played TS4 for some time, but it was not mine, and I've played my Trial. Now I want to own it. I am aware of what I'll get (and also what I won't get. I am also aware of what I have, and what I'm able to do in TS3.

So, here's the question:

Will it be worth having just the base game, with playing challenges, and can I get creative enough with just the base the game?

Hello @ninaumi
    Your issue doesn't sound dumb at all. You have it on your mind, and it is concerning you because you are unsure which option to take. There is also a deadline on when the sale ends, so that is weighing on your mind also. I send hugs to you <3 Decisions and concerns can weigh on our minds and make it hard to concentrate.
    It is your decision whether you buy sims 4 or not. You enjoyed playing it though and know what it is like. I would encourage you to buy it. The base game would be very enjoyable to play, even without the added packs. There are also contests often held on the forums where packs are given away. You could enter those contests.
    With the e-books, there are a lot of free resources in the internet on the subject of self development . It would be good to use those resources. There are also books that you could borrow from your local library, or read in a library.
    Try to make your decision soon, to put your mind at rest. If you decide to buy Sims 4 you will enjoy playing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top