March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »
    is there a way to stop random townies from spawning with this mod? or atleast influence how random townies can look?

Yes, both.

The mod will still allow the game to spawn townies if they are required by the game such as prisoners, bar people etc, but you can cap the number of other random townies that are spawned.

The dresser module allows you white list and blacklist articles of clothing. If you want to stop NPC sims from wearing CC items then Sims Studio is what you need. It is just a simple cheat command with that

I was pleasantly surprised to see random townies dressed in the 18th century clothing I recently downloaded into my game. :) I didn't set anything on the mod for this to happen, either. Talk about pleasant surprises and lending itself to the immersion factor.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    So who's patched and tried it with MC 3.1.1? I loaded up my game, no errors, but I haven't DONE anything yet.

Also, if anybody tries it with the Patreon version (3.2.0.x), I'm interested in those results. ;)

Mr Cautious pokes his nose in.....hoping for guinea pigs who have taken the leap

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    is there a way to stop random townies from spawning with this mod? or atleast influence how random townies can look?

Yes, both.

The mod will still allow the game to spawn townies if they are required by the game such as prisoners, bar people etc, but you can cap the number of other random townies that are spawned.

The dresser module allows you white list and blacklist articles of clothing. If you want to stop NPC sims from wearing CC items then Sims Studio is what you need. It is just a simple cheat command with that

great! but I'm in game now and can't find it, pls help. It could be because my mccc is in swedish and the wording is a bit off, so it's confusing.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Also, if anybody tries it with the Patreon version (3.2.0.x), I'm interested in those results. ;)

So far, so good... no exception reports appearing in the main root folder yet and I;'ve gone through some sim culling using it...

I'll keep my eyes open :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Yes, both.

great! but I'm in game now and can't find it, pls help. It could be because my mccc is in swedish and the wording is a bit off, so it's confusing.

Find the mod controls?

Click on any computer in the game and you should see a MC Command Centre link. The main setup stuff for the mod is in the there. It is in MC population you will find what you need to set the number of homeless.

Click on any sim in the game and you will also get an MC Command Centre link. This is for actions directly on that sim. Dresser which controls outfits is in here.

Finally, if you click on a mailbox, you will get a list of cheats that affects all sims, such as humanizing aliens etc as well as an item that lets you summon any sim.

I am not really expert with dresser, I simply use it for copying and pasting outfits, but there are others that do use it if you have specific questions on it.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Well, looks like everybody's okay since the patch? :wink:

I gotta tell you guys, I'm still okay with my decision of staying with the MTS version of MC (not the Patreon updates)... but 3.2.0 looks JUICY (change log FTW!), and I can hardly wait till he drops it for the rank & file!! :smiley:

What's your favorite thing MC does? My favorite LITTLE thing is Pause on Zone. My favorite THING would probably be the log. I give mine a workout every time I play.

Back when MC first came out, before I even picked it up (I read the first 1000 or so messages from MC comments...), Claudiasharon came up with a cool "is it working??" test... she enabled Pause on Zone, fired up her game, nothing. Fixed whatever the issue was, moved on. (MTS scorched the upload, which still happens occasionally... Bad Form it happened to MC's first-ever upload!!)

But I thought that was a very cool thing to look for, because it shows up ASAP when you load a zone, whether pause (and MC et al) is working or not. Of course, NOW we have the nifty blue "modules loaded" version window, but before that, this was a very cool tip to pass along. ;)

Happy weekend!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

I gotta tell you guys, I'm still okay with my decision of staying with the MTS version of MC (not the Patreon updates)... but 3.2.0 looks JUICY (change log FTW!), and I can hardly wait till he drops it for the rank & file!! :smiley:

What's your favorite thing MC does? My favorite LITTLE thing is Pause on Zone. My favorite THING would probably be the log. I give mine a workout every time I play.

Back when MC first came out, before I even picked it up (I read the first 1000 or so messages from MC comments...), Claudiasharon came up with a cool "is it working??" test... she enabled Pause on Zone, fired up her game, nothing. Fixed whatever the issue was, moved on. (MTS scorched the upload, which still happens occasionally... Bad Form it happened to MC's first-ever upload!!)

But I thought that was a very cool thing to look for, because it shows up ASAP when you load a zone, whether pause (and MC et al) is working or not. Of course, NOW we have the nifty blue "modules loaded" version window, but before that, this was a very cool tip to pass along. ;)

Happy weekend!

peobably everyone after my first mc. i looked at it for 24 hours then you said i had to update again the very next day. not compaining.lol i was just a victim of bad timing.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @egwarhammer I've been using the Patreon 3.2.0 update with the new Origin patch and it's been just fine.

My favorite thing of all is MC Dresser - I love clicking on any sim and changing their outfit with a click. I will sometimes change clothes DURING a scene to make it look like another date/dinner/day etc. It's so helpful for storytelling.

I'd like to look into more features. I do have pause on zone active and that's nice. I also use the story progression so my sims get married and pregnant so that's fun.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member

Happy weekend!

Same favourite little thing, since I do something else during loading times.
    Favourite thing I would say the copy/paste function in dresser.
    But I love quite alot of the functions. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Happy Two Year Anniversary! My favorite one thing--besides all the story progression and game tweaking--is prolly Make Sim Leave, lol. Avoids those awkward Freeze Ray encounters... "Oh, so you're hungry from delivering all that pizza, and would like to join us? Buh-bye, now!" "Yes, I know it's a hobby of yours participating in the romantic banter of two Sims you've never met before. But yes, you really should get going."
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I have a question about marriage genders. It seems that when I select both, I end up with a majority of same sex couples. I would like there to be same sex couples in my game. That said, I don't want them to be in the majority, or even half for that matter. For now I've actually changed it back to default, but I'm wondering if there's a setting I don't know about that sets a percentage for this. I wouldn't mind about 10% being same sex, while the rest are not.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited February 2017
    ibaeshaC wrote: »
    I have a question about marriage genders. It seems that when I select both, I end up with a majority of same sex couples. I would like there to be same sex couples in my game. That said, I don't want them to be in the majority, or even half for that matter. For now I've actually changed it back to default, but I'm wondering if there's a setting I don't know about that sets a percentage for this. I wouldn't mind about 10% being same sex, while the rest are not.

As far as I know there is no possibility to set a ratio in percent. The only thing you can do with MC is to allow or not allow same sex marriage, so it's all or nothing.

Where to find in MCCC
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy... > Spouse Sim Selection > Same or Opposite Sex only
    y3mqXZgVfhosjtsZAmOYqgObZvUxOMYwrn0JM98T3CsmeUBXwlS_s7u1XsP8yyeUOzu7QsIm6VhIgqwMz-Zu3eUYyk3LpMOJqzYUrxmaQxiXVM9h_zREFnhUHarArXPuY3EM8_sBe_i0TbibIswTJoR8kpg53ZNQJZaOumdojk93_Y?width=401&height=371&cropmode=none

You can also flag a particular sim for having opposite (or same) sex relationships only. You can find these settings in the target sim's MC menu.

Where to find in MCCC
    Sim: MC Command Center > Sim Flags... > Flag Always Opposite Sex/Flag Always Same Sex
    y3myMRX-4ZBudV1CcpMy5sHL11hy-Sbw9lmE09eMfUnxz1kiEm9XHAleZUkISs8iox4zP35hQ5tAJVDaiWSctJrP_MRwJz9rx8V_hWYTSPCubCtX0vUESs6Q1Xkje784BzyK4_ZtAomWToDiIw6Pc70pxKukvJxm39xdkLTZyZCja4?width=750&height=259&cropmode=none

The flags overrule the general setting from MC Pregnancy regarding the target sim. So a possible answer to your original question might be to set the general setting to "Opposite Sex Only" and flag some individual sims with the "Always Same Sex" flag.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Marriage #Gender
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.

I spend a LOT of time flagging my sims. I'm super-picky about who they are, mostly. Some I don't care, but most, I uber-flag. It takes me about 2 days real time to set a game up properly, if I haven't done a flag blitz for a while.

My biggest alarm runs I have scheduled for Friday (marriage), Saturday (move in, can't be moved from this night), and Sunday (pregnancy). The rest of the week, it's all dresser and cleaner and clubs and so on.

Relativity: 179 sims, a full-blown get_pop log with all the switches will run me about 1100 lines of log output. ;)

3.1.1 note: the h (hidden) switch is not working, will be fixed in 3.2.0.

That line I mentioned is below, copy/paste is my best friend ever!! :D Bonus, a list of what all the switches get you. AGE (or age, doesn't matter) will tell you which sims have no-aging traits on them like love guru, statue busker, weirdo, etc etc. Nanny, butler... it also lists sims with MC's No Aging flag for you. (I just noticed it didn't consistently show up in the log stuff below... hmm. I'll have to ask about that. Pregnancy might be interfering, I have aging off for pregnant sims, too.)

Below the switches list is the get_pop info on my main household. (Visual aids are cool.) Six sims, 2 babies incoming. There's my simself Athena, alien BF Dallas, their son Archer (Athena's last name...), Megan (vampire), alien toddler Brandon (born to Dallas by alien abduction), and as of today, since the silly game decided to unemploy Brandon's mom as AP and give me a new green (ugh!) one, I pulled the nice blue mommy out of the Hidden household, added her to mine, and gave her a real job. I decided it wasn't fair to her to leave her stuck hidden away with no reason for her to BE there since she wasn't doing her NPC job any longer. So, hello, newly-named Silvia! ;)

Athena is pregnant again by Dallas, thanks to the rocket ship. Oops! And Megan is pregnant by the new AP. Totally game-done, with vampires not covered under MC in 3.1.1... Athena was already pregnant (not showing, but definitely already pregnant), but Megan came home with a bun in the oven anyway. Meh.

Somebody's moving out soon. Maybe Silvia and Brandon, once I age him up to child. Skills Rate Flag meant it took 2 days to max out toddler skills. Haha! But when Silvia zoned in, she got the 2-day New Baby moodlet, so, I'm thinking of letting them hang out with my folks for a couple more days. (I haven't used MC's new households >8 function... I'm so scattered I know I'd forget and use the wrong CAS option, and lose some.)

/ramble :p

get_pop age a c cl f g m p s v

(3.1.1 h broken)

alien
    careers
    clubs
    flags
    ghosts
    hidden
    married
    pregnant
    single
    vampires

Six Sims:

[02/05/17 10:24:55]Silvia Spears is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Silvia Spears is an alien
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Silvia Spears is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Silvia Spears will not die because of the <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_isAlienPollinator'> trait
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Silvia Spears is employed in: career_Adult_Entertainer on
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is pregnant
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is a vampire
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is a member of club: Night Stalkers
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Megan Killian is a member of club: Dark Shadows
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is pregnant
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is flagged to never marry
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is flagged as opposite-sex-only
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is flagged to not age
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is employed in: career_Adult_Active_Scientist on
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is a member of club: Scientists Guild
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is a member of club: Dark Shadows
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Athena Archer is a member of club: Geek Squad
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Brandon Craft is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Brandon Craft is an alien
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Brandon Craft is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Brandon Craft is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is a member of club: Kid Zone
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is a member of club: Dark Shadows
    [02/05/17 10:24:54]Archer Craft is a member of club: Boys Club
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is single
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is an alien
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is flagged to never marry
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is flagged as opposite-sex-only
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is flagged to bypass culling and deletions
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is flagged to not age
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is flagged for skill rate adjustments
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft will not age-up because of the <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.trait_MTS_Deaderpool_McCommander_NoAgeFlag'> trait
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is employed in: career_Adult_Astronaut on
    [02/05/17 10:24:55]Dallas Craft is a member of club: Geek Squad
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    That line I mentioned is below, copy/paste is my best friend ever!! :D Bonus, a list of what all the switches get you. AGE (or age, doesn't matter) will tell you which sims have no-aging traits on them like love guru, statue busker, weirdo, etc etc. Nanny, butler... it also lists sims with MC's No Aging flag for you.

get_pop age a c cl f g m p s v

(3.1.1 h broken)

alien
    careers
    clubs
    flags
    ghosts
    hidden
    married
    pregnant
    single
    vampires'get

I am so glad you reminded me that 'AGE' had been added to the switches. I missed that off my last get_pop run. I can't remember if the 'ho' switch is a V3.2 addition but it is great to be able to refer to your list of sims and instantly find out where they are living. I am really chuffed that DP added that one.

I love playing with MC. Risky woohoo at 5% and try for baby at 20%. Took a good few tries to get pregnant and I was thinking of trying for a second when No1 became a toddler. Bam! Risky woohoo kicks in and she's having the two kids VERY close together. No twins in the mix thankfully. I thought I had a game 'bug' because she refused to join her yoga class. I was getting very cross until I checked and had a 'you're what' moment. The game is so much better and easier to play with MC.
    Bonxie wrote: »

You can also flag a particular sim for having opposite (or same) sex relationships only. You can find these settings in the target sim's MC menu.

Where to find in MCCC
    Sim: MC Command Center > Sim Flags... > Flag Always Opposite Sex/Flag Always Same Sex
    y3myMRX-4ZBudV1CcpMy5sHL11hy-Sbw9lmE09eMfUnxz1kiEm9XHAleZUkISs8iox4zP35hQ5tAJVDaiWSctJrP_MRwJz9rx8V_hWYTSPCubCtX0vUESs6Q1Xkje784BzyK4_ZtAomWToDiIw6Pc70pxKukvJxm39xdkLTZyZCja4?width=750&height=259&cropmode=none

The flags overrule the general setting from MC Pregnancy regarding the target sim. So a possible answer to your original question might be to set the general setting to "Opposite Sex Only" and flag some individual sims with the "Always Same Sex" flag.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Marriage #Gender

I don't seem to have this option on my sim's MC menu under flags.

Try it on non-household sims. For whatever reason they have more options.

For any sims not part of your active household the "Sims: MC Command Center > Sim Flags..." menu should look like this:
    y3mBz0tQan0ExgiPJO5c9ejVpRKu20R6sCTFeLCyrtGZHuNvhxWMMffuWGkxIf6moUrtst849Vm4VAoaW4xwDxHO8pKH_EehezCiTZWq4USXzki7tWOcvbXw_w-XcfQ8e03v1AT-8G2uMoMSJGXZ0VpNtvm1n1Zu8CLzpX1MMI6xbw?width=393&height=755&cropmode=none

A sim from your active household should have only options like this
    y3mmnNzzjUuwSIxZaBI7N8D9T5eg0ETKfLkHBdLsvegnv8aJiwRe4AUV4xQGXf8fUvjmFbSmCtx444b31WRkE7EoGg-nY1u9IqO4ZsCj7yqPqcUhoDHuVNbQNVZfUVA7sYFvQG6U93Z3BAvidoPcHAoKiVLteYk2nhDCic0u674ogA?width=391&height=446&cropmode=none

I guess, that some settings are blocked by the game code and could not be changed if a selected sims is part of your active household.

#MCCC #Flags
    Okay, I'll check that out.

Next, about the moving. There's an option to move out Elders into a retirement home. Sounds nifty, however, how does one designate a retirement home. I'm not sure how this setting works.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Okay, I'll check that out.

Next, about the moving. There's an option to move out Elders into a retirement home. Sounds nifty, however, how does one designate a retirement home. I'm not sure how this setting works.
    The "retirement home" isn't actually a lot in your world- it just means that elders all get moved into a not in world household together.
    Oh, lol! I thought there was some secret setting I didn't know about. I seem to have elders with toddlers. They must've been about to age up when the children were born or something. Would those elders get moved out? If so, what would happen to their toddlers?
    Oh, lol! I thought there was some secret setting I didn't know about. I seem to have elders with toddlers. They must've been about to age up when the children were born or something. Would those elders get moved out? If so, what would happen to their toddlers?

They only will be moved out, if it is in line with the basic game rules. This means that no babies/toddlers/children/teens will be left alone in a household. If there are dependents in the household, nothing will happen and the elders will stay. If there are any other (young) adults, then they will be moved out.
    Got it, thanks for your help.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    So following the directions on the first page of this thread......If this is your first time visiting this thread, DON'T try to read it all. Come to the last page and say hi/ask questions/etc.

Hi! *waves happily*

So I have read that this is "the" mod to have and that it does a lot of things. My question is this: Can someone give me a list of in general what things this mod does so that I know I don't have to look for other mods that this one already covers. Or maybe better would be a list of what mod types to avoid, ie relationship mods, culling mods, skill mods, job mods....

If I know which mods to avoid at first then I can install this one and then figure out what I still want to do that this mod doesn't and go searching for it. I am better at looking for new mods to add than I am at figuring out why the mods I have installed don't work and finding the conflict.
    Bonxie wrote: »

Where to find in MCCC

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Marriage #Gender

Same/opposite sex flags will be available for more sims, when we see 3.2.0. Which, BTW, is now on 3.2.0.4 at Patreon, but not yet up to Release Candidate territory. Sounds like he's still putting stuff in, not quite packaging it up for us, just yet. Maybe another week, but I'm totally guessing.

I told him my biggest reason for having other sims Played was job-keeping, that if I'm not playing them, I feel like they're ALL Inactive, no matter if they're played or unplayed. And I wrote up the steps I have to go through to change flags on those sims as things are now. I guess he saw the logic, because he's making those flags available on Played sims, just not Active sims (unless I'm mistaken, but I think this is how it will work), for us.

I'm looking forward to seeing that, for sure! :)
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    So following the directions on the first page of this thread......If this is your first time visiting this thread, DON'T try to read it all. Come to the last page and say hi/ask questions/etc.

Hi! *waves happily*

So I have read that this is "the" mod to have and that it does a lot of things. My question is this: Can someone give me a list of in general what things this mod does so that I know I don't have to look for other mods that this one already covers. Or maybe better would be a list of what mod types to avoid, ie relationship mods, culling mods, skill mods, job mods....

If I know which mods to avoid at first then I can install this one and then figure out what I still want to do that this mod doesn't and go searching for it. I am better at looking for new mods to add than I am at figuring out why the mods I have installed don't work and finding the conflict.

Welcome to MC! If you go to its page at MTS and browse the table at the top, you'll see a list of included modules. Below that, there's detailed information under spoiler buttons, on each part. (Except the last module listed, it's on a different site, link in the table. If you have problems, check the troubleshooter pdf included with the MC download. I wrote that... it has tips.) ;)

Down toward the bottom of the page, under Troubleshooting, there's a list included of KNOWN mods that conflict with MC. My best advice is, make a copy of your save game (especially if you use cc) to your desktop (just in case). Then, take everything out of /Mods besides Resource.cfg and install MC that way. It's a big mod, it's best IMO to "seat" it first, then add other things back in once you have it installed and working.

BTW, there are a LOT of posts in MC comments. Search there is helpful if you have decent keywords. But for the questions you asked HERE, I think reading through the description page (don't try to memorize it, just read it, it'll be there) will really get you headed in the right direction.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I am starting with a clean install, no cc or mods yet. So I will do exactly as you suggest and see what that tells me and work from there. If I install MC first and then put in other mods one by one, will I know right away if a mod conflicts? Say I installed a culling mod, how soon after starting up the game would I know it?

So will spend the rest of the night doing what you suggested and see where that takes me an if I have any questions after that I will come back here for direction. Thanks for the amazingly quick response.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top