Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Love your take on this one @StSciurus fantastic work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you so much, @masajo ! Can't wait to see yours. :smiley:
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 61 - The Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Little Acorns

LOT COST: n/a
    BUILD COST: 499,620
    TOTAL COST: n/a

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: For easy reference I created slideshows for each individual build and the exterior/community areas.
    Exterior and community areas
    5 bed 3 bath house
    3 bed 2 bath house (1)
    3 bed 2 bath house (2)
    2 bed 1 bath house

ENTRY DETAILS: Enter the cul-de-sac through the gates (which may be locked at night for security) to four suburban style houses, all differently designed but with matching exterior finishes. I created each house with different characters in mind. For example the two bed is for a small family with child and toddler (with not much money to spare), the five bed is for a large family (with lots of money), the three bed monochrome is for a small chic and stylish family with good taste and the three bed slightly eclectic one is for a homely family. Each house contains a piano, mirror, computer, cooker, fitness equipment and bar, the remainder skill objects, fishing pond, gardening pots, violin, guitar and chess, can be found in the communal areas

SIM: n/a
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: n/a
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

uUHMJeJ.png

XiubjvW.png
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Brilliant work, @masajo ! You went for a more suburban, park-like setting, and it really works well! :smiley:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @masajo - an absolutely amazing entry!! I <3 it!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    Thank you both very much @StSciurus and @FaithofKaela this was a mega task but enjoyed every minute of it :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    These are all so amazing :) Good luck!
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Wow, @StSciurus and @masajo such beautiful and detailed builds and a crazy amount of pictures:) you guys truly deserve to be at the expert level.
    Very kind of you to say, @popettypop2012 ! Thank you. :smiley:
    edited February 2017
    FORUM ID: PersrealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID: PersrealmsShadow
    LEVEL: Novice? (I don't remember what it's called for non-expert XD)
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/18EA333CE82C11E683437F06F4DCE2C8?fb_action_ids=753643871451122&amp;fb_action_types=simsfour:share
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 251730
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/PGjks
    ENTRY DETAILS: I live in Alaska, so the lot is made to fit in where I live >.> They have a full garden, every skilling object minus rockets. One of our 3 bedroom families is a new vampire family although the teens are trying hard to live in the newer age and avoid their parents living in the "victorian" era.

Not my best build and I'm not to terribly happy with it. I wanted to do more but life caught up and I pooped out before I got the teen rooms done completely so eh I was going to scrap it but didn't because I said I would do it and I know I've been MIA on the forums for awhile :)

Also I dunno if my lot will link properly I couldn't get it to come up in the Gallery so I shared it to facebook and you got that link instead XD

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Me. all CC is made by me XD

gktgU5a.png

3FeJPuG.png

and yes.. yes that is a Gengachu in the pokemon room lol
    FXhJKGy.png
    Post edited by PersRealmsShadow on
    EkwtdjR.jpg
    Many thanks @popettypop2012 and @PersRealmsShadow your build is fabulous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    @masajo aww ty honey LOL I will do better on the next one I hope XD
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • RangerlucyRangerlucy Posts: 36 Member
    FORUM ID: rangerlucy
    ORIGIN ID: rangerlucy
    LEVEL: starting out
    LOT: Magnolia Village
    LOT COST: N/A
    BUILD COST: 784,194
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Community areas http://imgur.com/a/eizv5
    House A- 3 bedroom http://imgur.com/a/I5knl
    House B- 2 Bedroom http://imgur.com/a/ev9xb
    House C- 5 Bedroom http://imgur.com/a/x5r2h
    House D- 3 bedroom http://imgur.com/a/8gRNC

ENTRY DETAILS: A tudor inspired village with some more modern comforts
    House A is designed to be shared by 3 single sims or childless couples
    House B a single parent or young couple with one child
    House C a large family with several children, possably grandparents living with them as well
    House D a family with a teenager and a child

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member

My entry for this challenge: Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1F33909FE8EC11E68D1FD1CF14F2BAD7?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=50&maxis=false

FORUM ID: JasonAnthonySterling
    ORIGIN ID: TonySterling
    LOT: The Anachronism built on Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek
    LOT COST: $25,000
    BUILD COST: $717,297
    TOTAL COST: $742,297

LINK(s) TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

Whole Town and Apothecary House (2 Bed/ 1 Bath) shots: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1174642069317882

Carpenters House (3 Bed/ 2 Bath) shots: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1174671325981623

Tavern (3+ Bed/ 2 Bath) shots: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1174674449314644

Manor House (5 Bed/ 3 Bath) shots: https://www.facebook.com/pg/MyWorldofSims/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1174677119314377

ENTRY DETAILS: Have you been let down by modern life and living after having your home- and your loved ones- buried under ten feet of mud? Do you yearn for a simpler time free of the shackles and dangers of contemporary life. Then find your place at The Anachronism. Beautiful statements of lost time where you can find yourself living care free days of yore. We have accommodations for every lifestyle.

Here's a few testimonials:

"I was doctor in the bad, old days of Oasis. A doctor and a slave to the medical, industrial complex. Now I live in the Apothecary House and practice medicine the old fashioned way. Growing my own herbs in my garden and taking on problems that "traditional" hospitals won't accept. For instance my plasma tree- it's not legal to grow it in most municipalities but it is here! I can't discuss it of course but there are some patients that only the fruit of that tree will help and that's who I'm here for."

"Well, after losing everything to the... mud... my husband and I were left despondent. His crushing existence as a cog in the wheel of the man was all we knew but after seeing the Carpenter House and realizing that with Anachronism's reasonable zoning codes we could both live and work in a peaceful environment, with our hands and hearts just like our ancestors our bags were packed. Well, uhh, they would have been if they had survived the mud slide that is. We were left with nothing- NOTHING I TELL YOU AND IT'S ALL THE FAULT OF... wait... calm... let me just take a couple of these pills... oh better... now where was I? Oh yes, and my children can focus on music and the arts. I can't wait for the holidays when we can take a break from carving wood and carve pumpkins on the back porch instead. What can I say these Carpenters are on the Top of the World!"

"Well I owned a hotel in Oasis and I figured might as well own one in Anachronism! The Tavern is just the right size for myself and my son, whose had a little problem with the hooch since the incident back there in Oasis, to run just the two of us and get re-focused on life and family. It'll be fun playing bartender for a while. People can stop in for the open mike night, kick up the dust on the dance floor or just play a few games with a few new friends and I already got two tenants- a boxer and a photographer living upstairs. This place is just what we need."

"Well, as a Landgrabbe I was rich before the mud and I was rich after the mud. Still, I need someplace to stay while they dig the dirt out of the dirt back in Oasis- where exactly they begin and end I can't tell you- mud/sand mud/sand what's the difference. Anyway, it's not easy finding someplace where you can spread out but the Manor House in Anachronism was turn key and move in ready so I took it. They frown on "modern" electronics around here, blah, blah but whatever I'm not going through a day (A WHOLE DAY EVEN!) without checking my stocks so I brought my computer, Lil Steamy along with me. Guess where all the kids are spending their lunch money- my office playing MMOs (I hope that's not a drug, I don't want to go to jail) and paying me to let them do it. What can I say, Landgrabbes just make money, we can't help it. The house came with a bunch of other kill times but I mostly just lay on the sofa and stare at nothing. It works for me."

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

2z3xdg5.jpg

jug550.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling - you made it over from the TS3 thread! Yay!! Awesome build <3

@Rangerlucy - love the styling of your little village <)
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Challenge #61 is now officially closed

Good luck to everyone who entered :smiley:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #62 ZeroDoxy

One of the best parts of this job was how frequently you got to meet new, and interesting people. Your latest client, Mallory Abbot, is no exception.

A short young lady with a cheerful smile, accented by a lip ring, sits across from you. She bubbles with an excitement and enthusiasm that couldn’t help but charm you. Repeatedly she brushes her remarkably long hair, dark brown with two blonde streaks in the front, back over her shoulders.

“So, yeah. This is my first real home. I’ve always lived in apartments and I’m so looking forward to being able to stay in my own place for longer than a minute.” She said happily. “I’m new to the town and I’ve heard from a TON of people that you’re the person to see when it comes to starting out.”

You smile with pleasure, always delighted to hear that people are talking about your work. “I might have a little bit of experience with it.”

She giggles, “Oh jeez.”

“So what would you like in a home?” You inquire, clicking your pen.

“Well, I don’t have a big budget. But I’d really love to have 2 bedrooms. I have 3 cats, so I need room for them to roam. I have a few friends who might move in with me later, so I need space for the house to get bigger. I also like to cook so a decent kitchen would be great. I’m a streamer so I need an office.”

“A streamer?” you ask, a little confused. The pictures that pop up in your head are…odd to say the least.

“I live stream games on Twitch.tv under the name Zer0Doxy. I also make videos for Youtube. People come and watch me play and hangout in chat. Its how I pay my bills.” She explains with the patience of someone whose had to explain this a lot. Then proudly she states, “My chat is the best chat in the world. Anyway, I need a great office where I can stream and make videos. Here’s the complicated part: my haunted computer just finally fried itself. I need a new one to fit into the budget.”

“And what exactly is your budget?”

Real Talk: We’re doing something really unique for you guys this time around. Zer0Doxy is an actual live streamer who plays a lot of Sims, as well as other games. We’ve made arrangements with her to have the builds submitted for this challenge featured on one of her live streams! We will be sure to post when the live stream will be so that everyone can be there as she looks at your creations.

Because its a little different, PLEASE BE SURE TO SAY WHETHER YOU WANT YOUR CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM OR NOT ON YOUR ENTRY FORM. If you don’t say one way or another, it will be counted in the Do Not Show on Stream category.

Requirements:
    Budget - $20,000
    2 bedrooms
    At least 1 bath
    Office
    New Computer
    Good kitchen
    Good sized lot for future expansion.
    Landscaping

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 62 - ZeroDoxy
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: (yes or no)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS62

The deadline for this challenge is 15th February 2017
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    This new challenge sounds awesome, and it's within my tight budgeting expertise! :)
    pronterus wrote: »
    This new challenge sounds awesome, and it's within my tight budgeting expertise! :)

We thought you might like this one @pronterus ;)

GArBA5W.jpg

FORUM ID: PersRealmsShadow
    ORIGIN ID: PersRealmsShadow
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: PRS BnS62
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 19632
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) http://imgur.com/a/sAZQv

ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry) I wanted something I hadn't really tried before, so this is a modern(ish) home with an over terrace that opens to the first floor, but also to the world outside (don't worry it's covered!) Also she said she had kitties, so I wanted to build a kitty wall in the living room for the cats to run up and down. if in the future the house needs to be expanded, it's easily done by taking out the back wall of the bottom bedroom and expanding out from there. :) Lots of room left on the lot to do it with. Hardest part was staying under the 20k ;)

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: sure

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: always
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: don't think I used any, if I did they're mine XD

jC4qVQy.png

Kitty Wall!
    zsmBb47.png
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FaithofKaela LOL! I just barely made it over! I was afraid I'd not get this uploaded in time and ideally would like to have done even more on it but I started the challenge late. I've never done the Sims 4 version of this challenge before- I have no idea why. I've done other 4 challenges here on the forum and I have done Build-N-Share for Sims 3 but not 4. I am doing the ZeroDoxy one though- for both iterations. I think it will be interesting to compare the two!
  • folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    thanks @masajo @equuest @pronterus @Anadxer ! :)
    Amazing builds @StSciurus @masajo @PersRealmsShadow @Rangerlucy & @JasonAnthonySterling :)
    It was a brilliant challenge & I really appreciated the extra time too but I'm glad the next one is a small budget!
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    FORUM ID: popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID: popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Modern Starter House
    GALLERY LINK:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4A2220FEE9BF11E680FB8760519D445F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=falseLOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together) 19838
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) http://imgur.com/a/xCLmL

ENTRY DETAILS: ZeroDoxy sounds like a hip youngster so I chose to build her a modern house. The exterior is mainly neutral colours but I put splashes of purple inside because I think she might like it. There is also room for kitties to roam inside, outside or look for frogs around the pond at the backyard.

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: yes

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please.thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    A3pGuFc.png
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LOT: Streamin' Starter
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 17,994
    TOTAL COST: 19,994 (and with 6 simoleons to spare!)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE

ENTRY DETAILS: I created a suburban home that features a beautiful curb view with a "garage" door. Areas suited for optimal expansion have been cleverly marked with terrain paint and landscaping. This two-bedroom one-bath Southeast Asian style home uses white and black colors with wood accents. Features a wonderful kitchen, spacious office, and open-plan living room with dining area. Main bedroom has an cozy little corner designated for cats to rest in comfortably.

I WANT MY CREATION SHOWN ON STREAM: Of course

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

DSPDSmp.png
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    ohhhh....sounds like a good challenge!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top