Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round Robin Build Exchange

MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
Many of us are familiar with the buddy gift exchanges (on the Gifting forum) that come around a few times a year. I've decided I wanted to try something a little different, a sort of round-robin build exchange. It will be a bit more work, but we'll all be able to stretch our creativity a lot more, and I'm hoping we all get to learn a lot from each other while we do this. Because of the nature of how I want to design this, it will be for builds only. Therefore, no Sims will be asked or given as gifts; it will be purely for residential and commercial lots. I want to point out that the main point of this is to learn more about techniques in building.

The way it will work is this: Each person who signs up will be assigned a number, based on when they sign up, and each person will post a "wishlist" as part of the entry form; that is, the sort of builds that person is most interested in. At the end of the sign up period, let's say we have five participants. In the first round, person 1 will make a build for person 2. Person 2 will make a build for person 3, person 3 will make a build for person 4, person 4 will make a build for person 5, and person 5 will make a build for person 1. Each participant will be given two weeks to make their build. During that time, everyone can (and actually should) post updates on their progress, and ask questions, and even ask for help or advice. If you are running into any difficulties, the thread is the perfect place to ask about it. These builds are gifts, but they are NOT intended as surprises; they are intended as a way to get you thinking about other building styles, and to stretch both your knowledge and creativity.

After the first round, and the builds are all complete, we will have a week to post the download link and build images and take a small break, and then the next round will begin. For the second round, person 1 makes a build for person 3, person 2 makes a build for person 4, person 3 makes a build for person 5, person 4 makes a build for person 1, and person 5 makes a build for person 2. In other words, you move down the list one person to make your next build. You will have two weeks to work on the next build, once again getting help and even ideas from others on the thread, as well as showing your progress as you go.

The rotations will go on until you would hit your own name, then we will stop. This means that each person will be making one build for each of the other participants, and will be receiving a build from each of the other participants. We will be stretching our creative abilities a bit more, because, since we will be trying to give them builds that will fit their gameplay needs, we will have a chance to try different kinds of builds.

If someone needs to pull out of the round robin early, then all participants will move down one number, skipping that one participant for the rest of the round-robin. If a participant fails to produce a build for a round without voluntarily withdrawing, they will be removed from the round-robin as well. In the latter situation, if we do another round-robin exchange at a later date, that person will be ineligible to participate. No exceptions will be made to this.

Each participant can list several styles s/he is interested in, and the person building for that person during that round can choose from those styles. If you choose to make a build in a style that turns out to be too complex, then don't panic; if you've been posting your progress as you go, we will know that you tried, plus you can get advice and tips on how to do things from other participants, that might help you figure out how to do things that otherwise you might find confusing or difficult. The point in this is to learn to do things that we've never tried before, or aren't all that great at yet, and to hopefully improve on what we can each create.

I don't want to include Sims in this, because there's a different kind of work involved in creating Sims than there is in building lots. We may have a round-robin exchange at a later date that includes Sims, or is specifically for Sims, but that will be discussed at a later time.

If a participant wants to modify his/her wishlist as we go, that's perfectly acceptable. If you change your wishlist during a round, it won't affect the person currently building for you, but the person who comes next will look at the new wishlist. Also, don't repeat a type of build that someone has already done. For instance, if I were to make someone a medieval cheesemaker's shop, then on the next round, someone else shouldn't also make a medieval cheesemaker's shop. That would become a bit redundant. :)

One final rule, and it's the most important: There is to be NO CC or CAP in any of these builds! All builds will be checked with Custard - if ANY CC shows up, it needs to be removed. This is including any in-game photograph that shows up as CC. I will take no risks that real CC isn't involved, so if Custard shows that there is CC, it will need to be removed. There will be no exceptions to this. If you try to remove it and are having trouble finding it, that can happen sometimes. But if you make no effort - or insufficient effort - to remove the CC, you will be removed from the participant list and will not be allowed to join in any later round robins. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.

NOTE: This is for SIMS 3 only! No Sims 4 builds or wishlists, please!
Post edited by MiaSkywalker on

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited January 2017
    Number of Participants
    Because we would each be making something for each of the other members on the list, I talked it over with some others, and we were thinking two weeks to build, and then a week in which to post the final images and download link and to take a small break from building. We may take slightly longer breaks on occasion, such as during a holiday in which a lot of people participate. One example might be Christmas, although of course that specific holiday won't be an issue this time. :)

Because of the time frame for builds, we decided to make sure the groups aren't too large. What this means is that if we get a large number of people signing up for this, we will divide everyone up so we will all be in smaller lists. We would still all be posting our progress updates on a single thread (this one), and we would all get to share in each other's work and progress, but the whole thing won't take so long that we would eventually feel that it's dragging on. :)

Because it is essentially three weeks per person, my feeling is that six is the maximum number that we would want in a group, and four is the minimum. Why those numbers? With six, you will be making gifts for five people (remember, you won't count yourself); at three weeks for each, that would be fifteen weeks. While that's not an unreasonable amount of time, any longer than that could be. And with four, you would be making gifts for three people. Any fewer than that just feels like there isn't any point to doing this.

If we have an uneven number for dividing up into same sized groups, then one or more participants can choose to be in more than one group. But that person has to be aware that he/she will be making double the number of builds for each build period. If this isn't something you are prepared to handle, then don't volunteer for it, please. Or Addy and I - since we are both joining this - may split up the overload for whatever group has the fewest participants in it, or we may find volunteers willing to cover that overload on a one-by-one basis. But this will be decided upon only if and when the need may arise. :)
    edited January 2017
    Picture taking:

We will all be sharing pictures while we are building; however, when each gift is finished, there are certain pictures that need to be taken of the build, and posted in the final announcement post for the build.

First, always have at least two - and I would recommend more - shots of the outside of the build. Suggestions for this would be one from a front angle, and one from a back angle. Other suggestions (if doing more than two, which I recommend) would be from top down, direct front, direct back, and direct sides. In addition, you can do a couple that focus on outside activity items, such as a pool, a flower garden, a playground, or a farm area.

Second, there needs to be at least one direct overhead shot of each floor, so we know the layout of the build. There should also be at least two angled shots from above each floor, from different angles, so people can get an idea how the rooms actually look on each floor. You can do this with walls up or walls down, whichever works best for the size of the build, and you can even do both.

Third, there should be - although it won't be required - shots made from inside the house, from a Sim's point of view. With some smaller builds this can get extremely difficult to do, so this won't be required, although for larger builds it will be frowned upon if you don't do at least a few of these. It gives everyone more of a feel for how the place will actually play.

Remember that these are minimum suggestions, but you can - and probably should - do more than that. If you view your picture-taking as showing your build off for everyone, it should give you some incentive to post many pictures. After all, don't you want to brag about what a great build you made? :) If there's some detailing that you're particularly proud of (you managed to figure out how to make a nifty bridge - good for you!), then take an extra picture or two that focuses on that feature.

In a post with more than one or two pictures, you will need to put the pictures inside of a spoiler tag, to prevent page jumping as pictures load, and to help the page loading times. The way this works it looks like this:

[ spoiler ] the pictures go here [ / spoiler ]

And it would actually look like this in the post:
    the pictures go here

I have spaces before and after each bracket, and around the slash, but you wouldn't use those spaces when actually doing the tags in your posts. It's just that if I didn't do it now, you would never see how to actually type the tag in. :) When you're first doing it, I would put the spoiler and /spoiler tags on separate lines from the actual pictures, but after you get used to doing them, you might not need to any more.

All images and download links will be posted in this thread. Just use spoilers in your post if there are more than one or two pictures in your post. Don't split posts over multiple posts just to avoid using spoilers for your pictures; that will stretch the thread artificially.

A final suggestion is to use Sims3UIC to change the images that go into the Exchange upload. When looking at builds that are posted on the Exchange, if there are good custom shots put into it, it makes it easier for the downloader to see what he or she will be getting. If you use the generic default images, they really don't show how the build is furnished and decorated. This is, of course, not a requirement. It's just a recommendation, if you'd like your upload to be more downloader friendly.
    edited March 2017
    Important Dates:

February 18: Final sign up ends.
    February 19: Round 1 begins.
    March 5: Round 1 ends. First round uploading begins.
    March 12: Round 2 begins.
    March 26: Round 2 ends. Second round uploading begins.
    April 2: Round 3 begins.
    April 16: Round 3 ends. Third round uploading begins.
    April 23: Round 4 begins.
    May 7: Round 4 ends. Fourth round uploading begins.
    May 14: Round 5 begins.
    May 28: Round 5 ends. Fifth round uploading begins.

Please do not procrastinate and wait until the last minute to begin your builds. Some of us have noticed that in the regular exchanges some people did that, but that defeats the purpose of this event.

If you must pull out, please let either ADWilson or myself know, so you can be withdrawn for the remainder of the exchange. She and I will both be participating in this event as well, and we are both looking forward to seeing how things work out!
    Format of join letter:

User name:
    User name on Sims 3 site:
    Origin name (optional):

EPs owned:
    SPs owned:
    Store content owned / not owned:
    Worlds owned:

Preferred styles for building:
    Preferred styles for playing:

Anything specific you want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.):
    Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.):

Building strengths:

Building weaknesses:

Wishlist:
    edited January 2017
    Example of join letter (My own entry, obviously, since I intend to participate)

User name: MiaSkywalker
    User name on Sims 3 site: MiaSkywalker
    Origin name (optional): MiaSkywalker1

EPs owned: All of them
    SPs owned: All of them
    Store content owned: Everything except some exclusives (like the Dr. Pepper stuff)
    Worlds owned: All of them

Preferred styles for building: Fantasy and medieval
    Preferred styles for playing: Fantasy and medieval, with some futuristic. I also like Victorian, Gothic, and Rococo.
    Anything specific you want in your builds: For medieval builds, I prefer wood tones and some metals. Purple - any variety of it, including lilac, lavender, fuchsia, magenta, violet, etc. - is my favorite color, but most builds it should be used sparingly. An exception might be a royal palace or something done in a Gothic, Victorian, or Rococo style. In those cases, colors can be used more freely.

Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds: Nothing urban. I absolutely do not play worlds like Bridgeport, and I rarely play even Sunset Valley or Riverview. My favorite worlds are Dragon Valley and Lunar Lakes. If I do play a current style game, I prefer it more woodsy, like Hidden Springs, or a little unusual, like Monte Vista, Lucky Palms, or Midnight Hollow.

Building strengths:
    • I'm pretty good with roofs. I've studied many tutorials, and I've practiced doing different kinds of roofs on different floor plans, just to see what would happen and how it would look. Also, whenever I try a new architectural style I study up on it, and one reason is to study what the roofs are like for that build type. So I've gotten pretty good at them now, at least for older styles of builds (medieval, Victorian, etc.). When it comes to more modern or futuristic builds, I don't always have a good idea of what works best, particularly since I never build those styles.
    • I'm good at fantasy and medieval styles of builds in particular, because it's what I have done the most.
    • I've played around with the various pool shapes and done all sorts of neat things with them. There's probably also a lot I've never thought of, but I do like making fancy pools.

Building weaknesses:
    • CFE. I cannot for the life of me figure out how it works. I probably need to watch more tutorials or something. I've watched some, and tried it out, but it just confuses me.
    • Landscaping. Oh goodness, I stink at it. I usually just place various flowers around a building, using MOO and Alt so there can be interesting overlap, but the really neat stuff I've seen people do with hills, rocks, ponds, gardens, etc... notsomuch. It's not that I CAN'T do it, it's just that I never know what will look right. I'm also so overly pragmatic that I tend to find myself flattening everything, and that just loses all of the potential for interesting landscaping.
    • Modern and futuristic kinds of builds. If it's a standard house type, I'm fine with it, but once you go into things like split-levels (I've seen some really interesting builds that do that) or futuristic things, I am just not good at visualizing it. It would probably simply take more practice, but I haven't focused on it at all.
    • Bridges. I suppose this falls into both landscaping and CFE. I've seen some really neat builds that have bridges crossing over certain areas (like gondola rivers and roller coaster tracks), but I haven't the faintest idea how they're done.
    • For that matter... gondola rivers, roller coaster tracks, and tractor paths. I've tried making a roller coaster, and it was a huge bust. It's sad, because I would REALLY like to make an amusement park, but I end up getting things into a corner so I can't put in a curve or other things like that. I've never tried the other two, but they seem similar, so I don't think I would do well with them.

Wishlist:

Because I mostly play fantasy / medieval, that's the style of build I generally prefer to download. Homes are fine, but what I would really like are some more commercial kinds of lots. I don't mean things like the rabbitholes, I mean things like the sorts of businesses that might have existed in a medieval society. If you need ideas, you can ask; I and others will be happy to give you ideas. Remember, however, that most of these will actually be residential; medieval merchants generally lived where they worked, usually on a floor or two built over the shop itself. So although I say "commercial", the lots will actually be residential. I also like Victorian and Rococo style builds.

If you are having trouble with the idea of making a medieval or Victorian build, another suggestion would be to make a holiday Christmas style build, which could easily be more of a current type of home. (Although not urban, please.) I know, it's late for something like that, but a game that I play once per year is RFlong's Winter Wonderland. (I'm currently playing that world right now, in fact, since I never had the chance to do it during December when I normally would have.) There are some empty lots on that world (including a 64x64 "legacy" lot), and some pre-built homes for those would be nice. While I would prefer a Victorian or castle kind of feel for that world (particularly for the large lot), I won't insist upon it. I would ask for not a lot of wasted space inside the house, however. If you're going to use a 64x64 lot, make it so it can be used by a large family, and have lots of things for them to do. Another choice could be a holiday lot that isn't completely Christmas decorated. You could, for example, make a replica of Scrooge's home from one of the Christmas Carol movies. I would prefer you to use one of the smaller lots for this, like 20x30. No sense wasting a large lot on Scrooge. :) Please don't do anything religious themed, though. My Christmas world is not religious themed, and I want to keep it that way.

I prefer smaller lots (20x20, 20x30, 25x25, and 30x30), simply because they fit in more places. But if you want to make something larger, that's up to the builder. :)
    edited April 2017
    edited June 2017
    Builds:
    Round 1:
    Round 2:
    Round 3:
    Round 4 (Starts April 23)
    Round 5 (Starts May 14)
    And I think that's it. @ADWilson, do you have any suggestions?
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @MiaSkywalker
    Good Morning! Sent you a PM with a couple of editing/further clarification suggestions. :)
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Hey Mia :) Really neat idea! I'll be watching the thread but for me its just too much commitment for right now. It will be fun to see what people do!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Ditto to the above... this is a really neat idea. I too can't commit to so many builds but will certainly be lurking. Maybe I could help cover overload on a one-by-one basis if you need. Hope you get great participation. Best wishes with this :smiley:
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    Ditto to the above... this is a really neat idea. I too can't commit to so many builds but will certainly be lurking. Maybe I could help cover overload on a one-by-one basis if you need. Hope you get great participation. Best wishes with this :smiley:

Being able to help on a one-by-one basis for overload would be awesome. :) I have no doubt that it will happen on occasion, and if we have a couple of people willing to do that, then if someone needs to step out for a single round, we can let them come back for the next round. :)

I was figuring I was going to be doing all the overloads, but occasional help from others would be great. :)
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Hey Mia :) Really neat idea! I'll be watching the thread but for me its just too much commitment for right now. It will be fun to see what people do!

I think it's less commitment than you're thinking. It's only one build every three weeks; unless I'm having a specific problem with a build, I can usually finish a build in a few days. (Unless I'm trying to do something too ambitious, like the London Tower Bridge, or Fredricksborg Castle, or some such. I've never finished either of those... and I have the feeling I never will.) Most builds we're going to make won't be too difficult, I think. The main thing is to get to try different types of builds, so we can learn new things. :)

I do hope you'll be around to give suggestions to people, if one of us can't figure something out. Both of you are experienced builders, and I think can contribute a lot that way. :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »

I agree - fabulous idea, but I'll be lurking as I wouldn't be able to commit to the timescales but I do love seeing other people's creativity.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I'd love to be involved in this, though as you pointed out, too many would be overwhelming. But I'm sure I can produce 3-5 builds over the next several weeks for others, though I am very short on store and EP/SP content so my builds may be a bit lack-luster compared to some others who have more stuff to use. But I would still love to give it a try
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member
    I do hope you'll be around to give suggestions to people, if one of us can't figure something out. Both of you are experienced builders, and I think can contribute a lot that way. :)

Sure will :smile: I remember it took me a long time after joining the forums to work up the courage to even comment, much less publicly show my creations. It was actually a group build that pushed me out of lurker mode. I recently saw a movie in which someone said "Don't let the fear of striking out stop you from playing the game". Such great advice that would have helped me much earlier in life, lol. Anyway I do hope that folks take advantage of this round-robin to improve their skills, be creative and have fun :smiley:
    edited January 2017
    I'd love to be involved in this, though as you pointed out, too many would be overwhelming. But I'm sure I can produce 3-5 builds over the next several weeks for others, though I am very short on store and EP/SP content so my builds may be a bit lack-luster compared to some others who have more stuff to use. But I would still love to give it a try
    So does this mean you're signing up? If so, I'll put your name in the list of participants. :)
    edited April 2017
    I waffled a bit but I think yes, I'd like to make an official entry:

User name: creativemetaphor
    User name on Sims 3 site: creativemetaphor
    Origin name (optional):

EPs owned: Late Night, Ambitions, World Adventures, University Life, Pets, Generations, Seasons
    SPs owned: High End Loft Stuff (But I don't really like most of the content, it was bundled with the game.)

Store content owned / not owned: Mostly the cultural or historic themed sets: the chicken coop/dairy cow, castle kit and full interior, hacienda sets, gothique sets, Dreams of India, Zen Again, Provence, Safari Living Set, Imperial Bedroom, Tiki sets, Country Livin, Frontier Finds Kitchen, Bohemian Gardens, Mother Russia, Farm Fresh Folk, Drifter's Desire, Le Cirque Esprit, Morocco Mistique, Cambodian interior sets, Regal Living sets, Al Fresco Street market, Mediterranean Villa Kitchen, Brunch at the Old Mill, Make a Wish Compilation Glass Blowing

Worlds owned: Monte Vista, Midnight Hollow, River View, Aurora Skies, Sunlit Tides, Dragon Valley

Preferred styles for building:
    Victorian or Victorianesque variants (including gothic and steam punk but lack the content for the latter yet), medieval European, Tuscan, Al Simhara themed, Shang Simla themed, cottages, wagons, Scandinavian, Southwest pueblo, ...

I prefer building medium to small/tiny houses, or medium commercial/community lots.

Preferred styles for playing:
    Tuscan, Victorian, Scandinavian, or medieval

Anything specific you want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.):
    Commercial! I need commercial buildings in my worlds that fit my aesthetic better. I can do them but I prefer building houses so I have a sore need for more fitting commercial/community lots.

Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.):
    I don't want residential, not because I doubt that I'd love them but I love building houses so much myself!

Building strengths:
    I used to work as an architectural designer so I tend to make very realistic builds, and a bit more to proper scale, which sometimes seems cramped for the Sims. I adore researching new styles, and can do Victorian, Tuscan, medieval European, Al Simhara or Shang Simla themed, American SW, or any specific historic or cultural themed house - provided I have the right content and can find a good reference. I also like doing fusions of any of the aforementioned (a victorian desert house, perhaps??)

I'd classify my landscaping as middle-ground, not horrible but not nearly as good as some I've seen.
    I can also do commercial/community lots, apartments over shops, and little market squares and such.

Building weaknesses:
    Too large or too modern. I get lost in houses that need 64X64 lots to contain them. I don't have an eye for anything too modern.
    Like Mia, I can't figure out the CFE cheat, but I have some work-arounds I've developed and can figure out bridges and the like, but they'll be straight instead of arched.

Wishlist: Nothing more specific than alread listed above: would love some commercial/community builds. Really, if you live in a part of the world tha thas a very distict style to it, I'll likely love it. Small-Medium sizes would fit better but if you have an awesome idea for a huge build, go for it!
    Suggestions are book stores, cafes, museums/art galleries, restaurants, markets, factories, poor house, etc. Replacements for rabbit holes are fine, too. I'd love to see a school, jail, hospital, or science building or the like in a themed/historic style

additional note I have never downloaded anything from the exchange before, or from any source other than the Sims 3 store. I can say absolutely that there is no CC in anything I produce and I've never used CAP. Everything in my builds comes direct from EA.
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    User name: ciane
    User name on Sims 3 site: same
    Origin name (optional):

EPs owned: all
    SPs owned: all
    Store content owned / not owned: all sets (minus Celtic), all buy/build items (minus some promo stuff), most single CAS items
    Worlds owned: all

Preferred styles for building: smaller, contemporary, or modern
    Preferred styles for playing: same

Anything specific you want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.): I like wood and natural colors and materials.
    Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.): I don't care for a lot of colors and patterns. I like unity in color and style throughout a home with a pop color or pattern or focal point within a room.

Building strengths: I can do simple CFE and MOO and snappingtoslotsonalt cheats. I can also build dug out basements and attic rooms easily.

Building weaknesses: I don't do a lot of terraced landscaping or complicated CFE.

Wishlist: I can readily find these when needed. ;)
    I waffled a bit but I think yes, I'd like to make an official entry:

User name: creativemetaphor
    ciane wrote: »
    User name: ciane

Got you both listed! :) Thanks for joining - I think this will be fun! :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    edited January 2017
    User name: ADWilson
    User name on Sims 3 site: ADWilson
    Origin name (optional): adwilson

EPs owned: All of them
    SPs owned: All of them
    Store content owned: Everything except some exclusives (like the Dr. Pepper stuff)
    Worlds owned: All of them

Preferred styles for building: Contemporary, Cabin, Victorian
    Preferred styles for playing: Styles that fit EA-made worlds because I don’t want to spend time making over an entire world.
    Anything specific you want in your builds: Starter homes for the single sim! A home that isn’t bare looking and contains skill building items. I’m horrible with a budget and would like affordable housing options. Am wanting to play careers I haven’t played before or in a long time: architect, firefighter, ghost hunter, medical, nectar maker, photographer and science/scientist.

I like woods and some metal. Favorite colors are blues, greens and purples. Pops of color such as red or orange are okay as well. I don’t want a monochromatic color scheme in a room or throughout the house.

Pick a world that you like and start building! I haven’t played in Aurora Skies, Dragon Valley, Lunar Lakes, Monte Vista or Roaring Heights… maybe your home might be the jumpstart. Going with a world I love (Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms, Moonlight Falls, Riverview, Sunlit Tides, Sunset Valley or Twinbrook) or dabbled in (Appaloosa Plains, Barnacle Bay, Bridgeport, Isla Paradiso or Starlight Shores) is fine because I’m sure I haven’t fully explored those options!

Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds: Nothing in Midnight Hollow, please. No dark or neon colors. Some patterns are nice, a lot of them are not.

Building strengths: MOO and landscaping, but am not at the advanced level in either of those. I like adding clutter and décor to give a home a lived-in look. Can make a swimmable pond. Can do mazes but they take up a lot of the lot size.

Building weaknesses: I stink at CFE and advanced landscaping (including bridges, pathing for gondolas, roller coaster & tractors). I have trouble working with anything larger than a 40x40 because of filling all that space so it doesn’t look sparse or oversized. Fancy roofing is another trouble spot for me.

Wishlist: I think my “wishes” have been covered, but could further explain if need be. What I want most of all is for my RR person to have fun building, expand upon their current skill sets and learn something that is new-to-them because that is what this idea is all about :)
    Post edited by ADWilson on
  • hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2017
    If you're still accepting, here's my entry:

Username: hannahc1023
    Username on Sims 3 site: hannahc1023
    Origin name (optional):

EPs owned: all except WA, Showtime, and Into the Future
    SPs owned: High End Loft
    Store content owned / not owned: I've been having problems with sims3pack content appearing in game, but the stuff from the store worlds seems to work.
    Worlds owned: all (they seem to be working currently :) )

Preferred styles for building: contemporary/modern
    Preferred styles for playing: I don't really have one, I tend to jump around a lot. :smile: If you really need somewhere to start, I especially like modern builds.

Anything specific you want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.): Not really, but I do like soft, light color palettes.
    Anything specific you do NOT want in your builds (this includes colors, items, styles, etc.): I'm not the biggest fan of too many patterns and "busy" looking spaces.

Building strengths: I'm good with CFE, MOO, and snappingtoslotsonalt cheats. I can build walk out basements easily, and I'm proficient with the fog emitter (although for some reason some of the animations no longer work in my game). I consider myself pretty good at landscaping as well.

Building weaknesses: ROOFING. I've been working on it but I'm still pretty amateur. My interior design skills are a little underdeveloped as well, so I'd really appreciate tips on that sort of thing.

Wishlist: Build whatever you like! I play a lot of different "styles" so I'm up for anything.

This is such a cool idea! I'm super excited to participate.
    Post edited by hannahc1023 on
    If you're still accepting, here's my entry:

Username: hannahc1023
    Username on Sims 3 site: hannahc1023
    Definitely still accepting. We're giving people about 4 weeks to join up, so you're in plenty of time. :)
    Okay, I finally broke down and got Dragon Valley! Will update my entry :)
    So, I know this doesn't start for another week, and even then we don't know our numbers yet, but @MiaSkywalker I think I just found what I want to try to build for you!! B)