Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bloomer Legacy (A Build Newcrest Story): Complete

Comments

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh...darn. I was hoping Hope was 17...I was sure she was a shoe-in for stardom in A2A...I still am climbing aboard the future Ship Rope, though, if not for the ship name alone! :tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Hope could definitely be a model! She's she's stunning <3
    I love how she got all up into Louis' business, and I do I smell hope there. (That's definitely a pun). His boy-friend doesn't seem that great at all!
    Glad Vito realizes he's perfectly fine on his own though, love him with Aslan <3

@Sterretjeee She is quite a looker, and like Vito pointed out thanks to the family connections in that industry it probably wouldn't be too difficult for her to get started.

I think Vito and Louis have gotten to a point of no recovery:

MCM8uVp.jpg

They both have their own lives now, but at least they can be civil, and of course they both do have fond memories of their time together. But I don't really think they have much of a future.
    Oh...darn. I was hoping Hope was 17...I was sure she was a shoe-in for stardom in A2A...I still am climbing aboard the future Ship Rope, though, if not for the ship name alone! :tongue:

@pammiechick Hope is quite a fresh teenager - the time jump wasn't that substantial, only a few years :)
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    They both have their own lives now, but at least they can be civil, and of course they both do have fond memories of their time together. But I don't really think they have much of a future.

I was pulling hard for Louis and Vito but there comes a point of letting go.

Love your story. I found it on Saturday while researching the challenge and proceeded to read it virtually non-stop until I got caught up last night. Cried for several chapters in the mid 9th generation. Really terrific job.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana

I was pulling hard for Louis and Vito but there comes a point of letting go.

Love your story. I found it on Saturday while researching the challenge and proceeded to read it virtually non-stop until I got caught up last night. Cried for several chapters in the mid 9th generation. Really terrific job.

@sassytxbrat Oh wow, that's quick reading! I'm so happy you've been enjoying it (sorry I made you cry though!) and I hope you have fun with the challenge - while I haven't stuck with the rules they are a pretty good guideline framework!

And yeah, moving on just made sense for Liuis and Vito at this point. I think that fiction often makes it seem like getting back together is often the ultimate outcome, but letting go and moving on is an important part of life. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't believe in fighting for relationships in hard times. I just like to show a mixture of both :)
    @sassytxbrat Oh wow, that's quick reading! I'm so happy you've been enjoying it (sorry I made you cry though!) and I hope you have fun with the challenge - while I haven't stuck with the rules they are a pretty good guideline framework!

I was so invested in the story, not only did I read it that fast - I dreamed about it last night. That is when I know a story really stuck with me.

Yeah, I started reading it to for ideas on how to do the lots for each generation, then I just couldn't stop. Speaking of, your lots are all awesome. Yours and the ones you downloaded. They are now my #BuildingGoals :smiley:

~Teresa~

I was so invested in the story, not only did I read it that fast - I dreamed about it last night. That is when I know a story really stuck with me.

Yeah, I started reading it to for ideas on how to do the lots for each generation, then I just couldn't stop. Speaking of, your lots are all awesome. Yours and the ones you downloaded. They are now my #BuildingGoals :smiley:

Wow, that's incredible! Hope it was a nice dream :) Oh, my builds got nothing on the amazing ones from the gallery, there's some really creative builds out there. I actually find building really tedious - which is why I always like to make sure to credit builds other people have made if I use them; I know how much work goes into them :)

Wow, that's incredible! Hope it was a nice dream :) Oh, my builds got nothing on the amazing ones from the gallery, there's some really creative builds out there. I actually find building really tedious - which is why I always like to make sure to credit builds other people have made if I use them; I know how much work goes into them :)

I actually dislike building, so I am going to see if I can build but expect I will be finding someone's build to use when I complete each generation. And I am with you on the credit - I am so thankful people do share that I want them to get full credit for their time and effort.
    ~Teresa~
    Time for Hope's stealthy getaway...

9.84 Wedding Day - Part 3

MQTmu6C.jpg?1

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    This was so well-written! The ending really broke my heart. A love how your portrayed Hope's conflicting emotions at the end -- sadness and disappointment that she was stood up, and guilt for even wanting to leave in the first place. It felt so realistic!

Please tell Hope I'm sorry :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    What? Where's zayne?! :'(
    Gallery xbecky685x
    edited January 2017
    This was so well-written! The ending really broke my heart. A love how your portrayed Hope's conflicting emotions at the end -- sadness and disappointment that she was stood up, and guilt for even wanting to leave in the first place. It felt so realistic!

Please tell Hope I'm sorry :(

@CitizenErased14 Hope doesn't want to listen to you right now :(
    xbecky685x wrote: »
    What? Where's zayne?! :'(

@xbecky685x I can't answer this right now, but I can say you will get to see what went down on Zayne's end in Ashes to Ashes next week!
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Well well well @CitizenErased14 looks like I'll be putting the Double Penalty Clause into effect after all. Hehehe!
    @ThePlumbob thank you >:)
    edited January 2017
    Okay...Zayne has a lot of explaining to do. I'm sure he was held up at his job (or his..ahem...other job) and he'll get there and she'll be gone. Then when they are out, he'll see her and Hope will be livid. But then she'll see his oh-so-nerdy-but-hot cousin with him and instantly swoon, wishing she was a few years older. Heh...one can only dream, eh? ;) (Just another shameless HINT for Team Rope! Ha!)

Loved the romance scenes between Lorcan and Sera! :love:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • xbecky685xxbecky685x Posts: 323 Member
    Ah ok. Well I will look forward to finding out. I hope he's got a good excuse!
    Gallery xbecky685x
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Poor Hope, she was really looking forward to seeing Zayne. I'm really worried about Zayne now. I don't think he would have stood Hope up on purpose. Something bad must have happened. I hope he didn't get into trouble with the police over his "deliveries". :'(

I forgot to comment on Part 2. Aslan is so handsome! :) I'm glad that Vito is over Louis now. It's so sweet that Vito thinks he has the best plus one of them all- Aslan! That was one of my favourite moments of the legacy.
    All I can say from my end is like ThePlumbob said, we are gonna see Zayne's POV next week and find out the reason he stood her up.

And LOL I'll never understand the Rope thing @pammiechick ! Haha it's not like they have anything in common, and we've never even seen them interact! This is like when people were shipping Jocelyne with the back of Mark's head :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited January 2017
    All I can say from my end is like ThePlumbob said, we are gonna see Zayne's POV next week and find out the reason he stood her up.

And LOL I'll never understand the Rope thing @pammiechick ! Haha it's not like they have anything in common, and we've never even seen them interact! This is like when people were shipping Jocelyne with the back of Mark's head :joy:

Ah...but we were right, weren't we? We know good genetics combinations when we see them. (Mark's body told all). Unfortunately for us, Marklyn never had nooboos...oh the toddlers we could have seen! Sniff. :cry:

Can't wait for the Zayne POV. I'm betting Eun had a hand in it...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    When one amazing chapter by one writer has you anticipating for a chapter from another writer. Zayne! What happened? Poor Hopey!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    The fact that she decided to go sightseeing with her parents in the end makes me like Hope even more. Some growing up happened right there.
    The only reason I feel bad about Zayne not showing up is that it lowered the chance for Hope to meet Remi. Oh well. I'm sure we'll get there eventually. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    The fact that she decided to go sightseeing with her parents in the end makes me like Hope even more. Some growing up happened right there.
    The only reason I feel bad about Zayne not showing up is that it lowered the chance for Hope to meet Remi. Oh well. I'm sure we'll get there eventually. :D

OMG @Maladi777 I really hope you and @pammiechick are pulling my leg with this Rope ridiculousness :joy:
    snvAF3B.png

OMG @Maladi777 I really hope you and @pammiechick are pulling my leg with this Rope ridiculousness :joy:

Nope. Deadly serious about Rope.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Well well well @CitizenErased14 looks like I'll be putting the Double Penalty Clause into effect after all. Hehehe!
    @ThePlumbob thank you >:)

@WitcHazard Haha oh dear, not looking good for that score board! :D
    Okay...Zayne has a lot of explaining to do. I'm sure he was held up at his job (or his..ahem...other job) and he'll get there and she'll be gone. Then when they are out, he'll see her and Hope will be livid. But then she'll see his oh-so-nerdy-but-hot cousin with him and instantly swoon, wishing she was a few years older. Heh...one can only dream, eh? ;) (Just another shameless HINT for Team Rope! Ha!)

Loved the romance scenes between Lorcan and Sera! :love:

@pammiechick Lmao that's a pretty wild theory! :joy: Glad you didn't forget about the bride and groom in the middle of it all! :)
    Poor Hope, she was really looking forward to seeing Zayne. I'm really worried about Zayne now. I don't think he would have stood Hope up on purpose. Something bad must have happened. I hope he didn't get into trouble with the police over his "deliveries". :'(

I forgot to comment on Part 2. Aslan is so handsome! :) I'm glad that Vito is over Louis now. It's so sweet that Vito thinks he has the best plus one of them all- Aslan! That was one of my favourite moments of the legacy.

@Marmalade27 That's a really good theory! Definitely sounds like a possibility... let's hope Zayne's still in one piece!

And wow, I'm glad you liked that little Aslan-Vito moment so much. I enjoyed showing their journey.
    When one amazing chapter by one writer has you anticipating for a chapter from another writer. Zayne! What happened? Poor Hopey!

@Sterretjeee Thank you! That's a very goid way to look at it! It will definitely be interesting to learn more about what happened on Zayne's end!

@Maladi777 Happy you liked that! Something definitely clicked in her in that moment. Growing up definitely plays a part in it, though there's more contributing factors, the guilt for almost bailing on them, plus wanting to protect herself from the rejection by reverting back to placing her family first. It was interesting to write about all her conflicting feelings there!

We finally make a return to Newcrest for the last few chapters (4 parts remaining guys!)

9.85 Mind Reader

91vjUdn.jpg
    Whoa, where did that mean streak in Hope come from? Is she still frustrated that Zayne didn't show up?

Aslan and Alexus. Too. Cute. :)
    heffners_orig.jpg