Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Thank you @sassytxbrat ! Your site has been added to the index! I was going to link all your completed stories that still have chapters available, but I was getting an "Error establishing a database connection" on any of the ones hosted on the warrensmetana.com/sims3fangirl/ domain, so I have left them unlinked for now; maybe that's just a momentary hiccup, but if that gets fixed then I'll add them!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes the fangirl portion is an old blog, which worked until I changed hosts in December. I am working on fixing all of the links. This only affects the older links. Everything since mid-2015 should be working correctly.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    Daily Stories and Legacies Index Newsfeed

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the follow authors!
    • @lanlyn , who is writing multiple stories for Sims 3 at "Simlish Fair"! You can also find two completed works there!
    • @purplestarz2006 , who is writing Tranquility Creek , a Prosperity Challenge story featuring rotational gameplay for Sims 4!
    • @ninaumi , who is writing The Umi Legacy for Sims 4 at "Tales of My Sims"!
    • @sassytxbrat , who is writing multiple Sims 4 challenge stories and legacies at "Love My Sims"! You can also find several completed Sims 2 and Sims 3 challenges and legacies there!

Please make sure to check them out!

New Stories:

@BabyDollAnne has started a new Simblr story, Roomies, for Sims 4 !You can check it out from the index listing under "Babydoll Simmer"!

@RoryPlaysTheSims has started a new World Adventures Let's Play for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rory Plays the Sims"!

Returning Stories:

@xoxJennxox 's Hollingworth Drifter Challenge has returned from hiatus! You can check it out in the index listing under "The Taffeta's and Hollingsworth's"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out The Blackburn 100 Baby Challenge, a Simblr 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 4 by @ginnymalfoy22 which has been updating recently! You can find it in the index listing under "simsonmars Simblr"!

Check out My Disney Princess Challenge, a Sims 3 Disney Princess Legacy Challenge by @hp_enchantress which updated yesterday! You can find it in the index listing!

Check out BuildNewcrest: Rosenburg Legacy Challenge, a Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge for Sims 4 by @totalRainbow which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Rainbow Sims"!

Milestones:

Congrats @anaitapeva for reaching generation nine of The Floyd Random Challenge, a Random Legacy Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Sig's Tumblr"!

Congrats @misfit091376 for completing house five of Drifter Challenge Redo, a Drifter Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Misfit's Sims"!

Big congratulations to the following Stories and Legacies Index authors for receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award!

The following Stories and Legacies Index authors have received nominations for this award:

You can find all these works listed in the index, so please go give them a look!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • ValoisFulcanelliValoisFulcanelli Posts: 672 Member
    edited January 2017
    Just a headsup, @mastressalita: all of the Sunshine Blogger nomination links point to SweetNightingale's post about it ;)
    tfb.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Correct, because she was the one that made the nomination. Otherwise people don't know where to go to read who made the nomination. When these awards are in full swing and I have literally tons of sites doing them at once, I have to have a way to direct the person to the place that nominated them.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Stories:

@ginnymalfoy22 has started a new Let's Play series, Let's Play the Sims 4 Vampires! You can check it out from the index listing under "Anneliese MB's YouTube Channel"!

@Rainydayz179 has started a new story, Coven Challenge, for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rainy Dayz Gamez"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out Vee is for Vortex, a neighborhood rotation story for Sims 4 by @Julyvee94 which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Julyvee's Sims Stories"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    New Entry Form:

Username: LadyLobster
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Fangs for the Memories
    Current site URL: https://lobstersims.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: Weekly
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910609/fangs-for-the-memories-a-vampiric-dramedy
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes.
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes.
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index? Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    uduVcAP.png

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to @LadyLobster , who is writing Fangs for the Memories, a supernatural dramedy for Sims 4! Make sure to check it out in the index listing!

New Stories:

@AudreyFld has started a new story, Starting Over: Escape to Nowhere, an Escape to Nowhere Challenge for Sims 3! You can find it in the index listing!

@Charliimai has started a new story, From Dusk to Dawn! You can check it out in the index listing under "Letters from my Simself"! This story is part of the Pen Pal Project; you can check out more about it here!

Completed Stories:

Congratulations @Spottydog714 for completing The Bachelorette, a Bachelorette Challenge story for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "Spottydog714"!

Congratulations @xoxJennxox for completing The Toddler Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out in the index listing under "The Taffeta's and Hollingsworth's: Drifter Challenges for Sims 3 and 4"!

Returning Stories:

@CathyTea 's New World Symphony starts its Third Movement today! You can check it out in the index listing under "Cathy Tea's Simlit Anthology"!

@sandybeachgirl 's Back to Life returns with a new chapter! You can check it out in the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out @SummerFalls 100 Baby Challenge Let's Play for Sims 4, which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "SummerFalls' YouTube Channel"!

Milestones:

Congrats @kittycatcali for completing generation seven of Lost Legacy, a legacy story for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing!

Other News and Reminders:

The Stories and Legacies Index has been at an all-time low for new story submissions. For the last several months, I've seen the index go from around 315 entries to now dropping down to 275... it is in serious need of some love!

If you enjoy the Stories and Legacies Index and would like to help out, you can do so by doing the following:
    • Give the thread a shoutout and drop this link in your favorite discussion thread, if you know a lot of Simlit authors or Let's Players hang out there.
    • If you don't see your favorite Sim story listed in the index, consider letting the author know about it and recommending that they drop on by and register their story.
    • If you are an author already registered with the index and you did not mark "Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index" on your submission form, consider dropping back by the index and granting your permission. Lately I've been able to add several stories I would not have been able to add otherwise because the authors were listed on my Granted Permission list.

Remember, the Stories and Legacies Index takes all Sims stories regardless of Sim game, no matter the host (Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr, Weebly, forum-hosted, other site), or Let's Play/Challenge YouTube Channel. Whether brand-new or seasoned, all are welcome! Listing your site or channel with the Stories and Legacies Index means that your link will be listed in the largest single maintained directory of Sim stories and Let's Plays hosted on the Sims forums, and attention will be brought to any new series, completed series, heir polls, awards, or other milestones you reach on both the Stories and Legacies Index thread and Stories and Legacies Index Gateway thread!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg

New Stories:

@Bear31 has started a new Simblr story for Sims 4, Black Shade Chronicles! You can check it out from the index listing under "ChiefDancingBear's Simtastic World"!

@MidnightAura has started a new story, The Braverman Legacy for Sims 3! You can check it out from the index listing under "The Daily Sim"!

@Rainydayz179 has started a new story, Immortal Dynasty Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Rainy Dayz Gamez"!

@TheoriesOfHappiness has started a new story, Blood Brothers for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Cornucopia of Simlit"!

@Weathie has started a new Let's Play series, the Master Vampire Challenge for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Saffize's YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@SilentWolf101 's supernatural Sims 3 story Scarlet Teardrops returns from hiatus! You can check it out from the index listing under "My Sims 3 Stories 3.0"!

@sweetnightingale and @TheoriesOfHappiness 's supernatural collaborative Garden of Shadows makes a return! You can find it in the index listing under "Together We Write Site"!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the Colt Family Traitacy for Sims 3 by @AdamsEve1231, which updated today! You can find it in the index listing under "Livin' a Simmin' Life"!

Polls:

@pammiechick is looking for some scenario input for Day and Knight, her I'm a Lover Challenge for Sims 4! If you would like to participate in the poll, please check it out here!

Milestones:

Congrats @PrincessLala14 for completing generation seven of The Alphabet Alphabetacy, an Alphabet Legacy Challenge Simblr story for Sims 3! You can check it out in the index listing under "Sims by Steph"!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @mastressalita thanks for the shoutout!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member

Username: Yushika
    Website/Blog/Channel name:* The Curse Legacy
    Current site URL: https://thecurselegacy.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910937/the-curse-legacy-chapter-one-up-1-27-16#latest
    Disclaimer: Has dark tones to it/mentions violence
    Additional information: N/A
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes!
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes!
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No thank you!
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Thanks for Adding my new story to the index. Much appreciated.

Thank you for all you do here on the forums. I do hope that @SimGuruDrake will to sticky this thread.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Username: EnkiSchmidt
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Released, but also free?
    Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906299/released-but-also-free
    Update schedule: irregular (I strive to update twice a week or at least weekly)
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: -
    Disclaimer: -
    Additional information: -
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

Username: EnkiSchmidt
    Website/Blog/Channel name: enkisstories
    Current site URL: http://enkisstories.tumblr.com/tagged/pv:nuclear winter/chrono
    Sims games featured: Sims 2
    Update schedule: completed
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: -
    Disclaimer: -
    Additional information: I didn't understand whether we have to register our sites or the individual stories. The link provided is for "Pleasantview: Nuclear Winter". There are more (mostly discontinued) stories from Sims 2 and 4 on that site, but I don't want all of them on the index.
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Posted a reminder to the Drifter forum I'm active in!! Thanks for all you do @mastressalita and I also put in a vote to @SimGuruDrake to sticky this as well!
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,718 Member
    I'm on team sticky by @SimGuruDrake as well. :)
    Banner.png
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @mastressalita thank you for all you've done! I'll make sure @SimGuruDrake will sticky this thread! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Thank you for everything, Mastress. :) I too vote for a sticky for this thread! :D
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    @mastressalita Thank you for the invitation to this index and for listing my blog. :)

One thing, when I said that two of my stories were "complete to date," I didn't mean there wouldn't be any more updates on them in the future--just that all the back chapters were up to date. I don't know if that matters to what you've described on my listing, just FYI. No big deal.

Also, a question about permission to list new stories. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by new stories. I'm assuming that doesn't mean new updates to existing blog stories or new stories started on the same blog. It means new blogs or story sites, right? A different web address than the one I already have listed?
    @lanlyn : Sorry I got confused, when I mark something as completed that does mean something quite different, so I have made the correction. The only things in the index which should ever be marked with a "completed" status even if they still are being actively updated are short story sites/short story sections (as each short story in and of itself is technically a completed, stand-alone work).

And yes, you are right, that is granting permission for new sites (hosted on a new URL). Anything posted within the same URL comes through on my automated subscriptions (so in your case, through my Blogger Reading List), so if you were to start a new story on Simlish Fair, I'm going to add it automatically to your listing regardless; I've already received your permission regarding that one website. But if you were to start a brand-new site on a new URL, and I found out about it (I happened to see the link for it in your signature, say, or saw you had a thread about it in the forums) and you never stopped by and submitted that site directly to the Stories and Legacies Index, since you marked "No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site" on your submission form, I would not autonomously add that site into the index. If an author marks "Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index," then I'll simply add the new site myself into the index, since the author essentially granted me their "blanket permission." Without that blanket permission, I will never add a new site by an author into the Stories and Legacies Index without them dropping by and filling out a submission form for said site (which essentially acts as their permission for it to be listed).

This is honestly only helpful and useful to authors that use multiple different URLs for their stories. Those that keep all their works contained on a single site and don't plan on making additional websites would unlikely ever need it, since I will discover any new stories, and automatically add them, through the one subscription I already have to their website. (I myself am a "single website" kind of author!)
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,010 Member
    @mastressalita Thank you for explaining. That makes perfect sense and was what I thought the permissions meant. I have mine set to "no" because any new stories or updates will be to that one site. The only reason I might start a second blog or site would be if it wasn't totally Sims related or if the contents were geared towards more mature readers. In which case, I wouldn't want it advertised automatically on the forum.

Also, thank you for updating my listing. Sorry I wasn't too clear on my description.
    Thank you @Yushika and @EnkiSchmidt , your stories have been added to the index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Thank you for all the support, @Charliimai , @cshaner , @M13Vulpecula , @Simslover163 , and @SilentWolf101 ! I admit I have been a bit downtrodden lately by the overall low levels of activity I've seen in the index over the last several months and I honestly believe that the visibility of being stickied could help a lot; it baffles me that threads that get no use at all and are never updated are stickied in this forum, while vital resources to the Simlit community that are frequently updated and maintained are not; these threads consistently get buried and therefore go unnoticed by the very community they can help despite the thread owner's best efforts (especially if you are like me and don't want to flood a useful thread with useless fluff for "bump" purposes). I'm not exactly sure how great the outlook is to get a thread stickied, but I'm sure having the support of the community showing they believe the thread is useful and it deserves it will only help my case, so thank you!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited January 2017

New Sign-ups:

The Stories and Legacies Index would like to give a warm welcome to the following authors:
    • @Yushika , who is writing the The Curse Legacy for Sims 4!
    • @EnkiSchmidt , who is writing Released, But Also Free?, a Kidnapper Challenge for Sims 4, and has completed Pleasantview: Nuclear Winter at "Elftown/Sim Franciso" for Sims 2!

Please be sure to stop by and check them out!

New Stories:

@IchigoUsagi has started a new story, Where Light Doesn't Reach, a Vampire Legacy for Sims 4! You can check it out from the index listing under "Recovering Stories"!

@VIRTUALEE has started a new vampire role-playing Let's Play for Sims 4, Born Anew! You can check it out from the index listing under "VirtuaLee's YouTube Channel"!

Returning Stories:

@Lynnwood 's Operation: Pollinate Newcrest for Sims 4 has returned! You can check it out from the index listing!

Random Shoutouts:

Check out the Simcraft81, a collective of Sims 3 short stories by @Simcraft81, which updated today! You can find it in the index listing!

Other News and Reminders:

Our sister index, the Stories and Legacies Archive, has received a massive link cleanup and overhaul, so make sure to check it out!

Some changes will be coming to the Stories and Legacies Index. I have removed the Monthly Shoutouts because for several months now they just have not been receiving any shoutouts for me to actually place into that section; it has long remained dormant and probably should've been removed long ago. I have also discontinued my Reading Roundup: A Sims Stories Sampling sister thread, because it was a far too time-demanding project for me; the thread is still available so that the past editions I wrote will remain archived and available.

The Index will instead be receiving a Community Links section, featuring vital Simlit resource threads from around the forum (you can think of this as the reference section of this virtual library!) and a Completed Stories section in the near future. Right now completed story information is available (you can do a Ctrl+F to bring up a search bar on your browser and search "completed") but this will be a featured section grouping all that data together.

Both of these new sections are currently under construction; I'll let you know when they are ready and available!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    @mastressalita i have this and the gateway thread bookmarked and think they are both an amazing resource i read the daily updates and have found tons of new stories to read and found out about other events within the simlit community that i would not have been aware of otherwise because of it. I believe it needs to be stickied as it is a great help to readers and writers alike and things get buried very quickly round here this thread is rarely on the first page when i log on. So many new writers are not even aware such an amazing place exists and the thought and work that goes into maintaining this thread does not go unnoticed. Thank you so much for continuing to maintain this index. I myself am eternally grateful you are willing to work so hard on it.

Please @SimGuruDrake we really need this valuable resource to remain on the front page. Please please Sticky this thread.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    edited January 2017
    Username: LunaNova
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Drifting Moon
    Current site URL: https://driftingmoonchallenge.tumblr.com/
    Sims games featured:* Sims 4
    Update schedule:* Updates occur on Saturdays and Sundays.
    Story news/discussion thread on this forum: (link to forum post here)
    Disclaimer: Currently contains reference to a cult. Will in future contain more mature subjects.
    Additional information: Drifting Moon is the story of Stellas life after leaving the freezer bunny cult. Not sure if she's ready to join the real world she settles on the outskirts of Oasis Springs and starts her new life. Follow her story and see where her family goes!
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes!
    Do you understand that story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes!
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //