Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feed your toddler?

13...Next

Comments

• Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I put a table in the "nursery" and the Poof In Time and Pillow Puff seats and then just drag the food from the kitchen to the table (it's handy to have the nursery in a room off the kitchen" for the toddlers. I found the highchairs started to get really annoying and often the little ones would be stuck in there for ages while the parents had moved onto some other project!
  • CookinCookieCookinCookie Posts: 144 Member
    I just let them grab a plate of whatever a sim has made. It takes way to long to feed the toddlers in the high chair. Plus I was having the problem where sims would take the toddler out of the high chair over and over, so annoying it took hours just to get the kid fed.
  • loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    I had no problem getting the parents to feed the toddler in the highchair, but every single time the toddler would immediately swipe the food off and make a mess. I tried a few different options and he refused to eat all of them. Don't know if it's to do with his wild trait or low skill levels or something else, but now I just let him grab his own food and sit on the couch. Easier for everyone ;)
  • GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    I agree with other simmers. For aesthetics the high chairs are great, but it takes a lot of time to get my sims to put the toddlers in them and then give them the food, then another hr in-game to clean it once the toddler inevitably splashes the food around or smacks it onto the floor. This never happens when the toddler eats elsewhere. I was kind of stunned when my hungry toddler went into the kitchen and somehow grabbed a bowl of spaghetti off the counter, toddled into the living room, climbed on the couch, and started eating. O_O Well, okay, I didn't need to get my other sim off the toilet to feed him, because the game warned me my toddler was very anger from being hungry and the she might get taken away.

Tip: Feed your toddlers before they go to bed. Their beds are lousy and so they sleep for ages and wake up nearly starved.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I just make sure i have food on the bench for them
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm still using the high chair. It's a little buggy, but I like it/think it's cute feeding them in it. Although I'm also not currently playing with aging on or in any where where time is a real constraint for me, so if it takes a little longer than expected to get the kid properly fed in the high chair it's no biggie.

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I liked the high chair, but ended up removing it and if they were hungry before my Sim served a meal, I would open the fridge and lay a plate on the counter. Since I am so involved with the Toddler, my other sims are on their own and seem to fix single serving meal, LOL. Then I replaced the highchair because they get a different menu to select from. My Toddlers like the animal crackers, LOL.

I never checked to see if my sim has the option to "cook" those items that the highchair comes with, but they are not offered if there is no highchair. Does anyone know? Maybe I am doing something wrong?
  • simplysims25simplysims25 Posts: 243 Member
    I gave up on the high chairs. The Sims Mommy or Daddy constantly put them in it & take them out of it while the toddler is starving. Too much trouble. I just take a plate of food from the fridge & put it on the coffee table. Usually my hungry toddler will go get a serving themselves & sit on a chair or couch to eat. I've also had toddlers grab food from the counter & always laugh when they put their empty plate back when finished. For me, high chair feeding just took too long & this was my solution that works well.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    What is easiest way to feed these little angels? I have my highchairs at the dining table and I usually click on it and select "feed sim" but it seems like it takes forever. Plus, I can't give them the food everyone else eats, I have to select from the toddler menu. There has got to be an easier way.

you really have to ask how to feed them :#

by making them what food is available to toddlers :)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    I just give them a plate of whatever the family is eating, honestly. I wish the high chair could be used to eat foods other than the "toddler specific" meals.

Based on my upbringing, and the time I spent as a caretaker, a toddler around 3 or so can easily eat regular foods that aren't overly rich or spicy, so I do that in my game - no mini-human should have to live on just peas, cereal and sandwiches. XD

It just breaks immersion a bit that they have to take that food to the couch to eat.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2017
    I usually always use the high chair (unless I'm playing my seven toddler challenge). I think the animations are cute and love seeing them making a mess. :) If I have more than one toddler though I probably won't use it because it does take some time and sometimes my sim will randomly take the child out.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I didn't know that they'll grab the servings and eat in a regular chair -- I usually will put them in the chair then do Grab A Serving For on the plate of food. (Did that with birthday cake when my toddler's sister aged up to young adult -- loved the highs and lows of the sugar rush!) I've heard if you try to feed them something spicy though they'll throw it on the floor and not eat it; I haven't tried that yet, but they do eat mac n' cheese like every toddler I've known does. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 they seem to "slide in" like regular chairs, so I think they can

Oh, ok. I'll try the high chairs with that family again later today or tomorrow, then. I wonder if I am just having some more bugs or something. (I have a bug where sim kids and adults were often late to school/work, too.)

Are you using any sort of time speedup/slowdown mod? I've heard that some of those got broken with the toddler patch.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I feed mine animal crackers/sandwiches/etc and give them their sippy cups :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    cyncla wrote: »
    I put the little bear chairs in the kitchen ( find them in kids furniture section) instead of there highchairs. Toddlers can walk into the kitchen take a serving , like everyone else , and then climb up into the bear chair , or sit on the couch , to eat. Everyone can sit in those bear chairs , many times a parent will sit right beside the toddler sand eat with them.

This is a great idea! I have been leaving the high chairs out because the sims end up putting them in/taking them out on a loop. I will try the bear chairs next time.
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    You can cook that fruit-cake thing - the thing that other Sims bring to your house when you move in - the cake that Sims don't seem to be keen on.

That stuff does not go off - it doesn't need keeping in the fridge, so you can leave piles of it around your house and toddlers will find it when they are hungry.

Stick it everywhere, toddlers will find it.

I didn't know that fruitcake didn't spoil. I tend to avoid it, in game and out of game. :smile:
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    I was so frustrated with my first toddler, I thought maybe that's why it took so long to get them into the game - they were made to be as annoying as possible! LOL! j/k :)

The toddler helped himself to some popcorn from the popcorn maker and took it to the couch to eat it. I thought that was pretty funny! But every time I tried to feed the toddler in the highchair, he would throw the food on the floor, so I gave up and would feed him on the floor.

The second toddler was better. I didn't know they could eat regular food. One day the Nanny cooked fried Tilapia, so I laughed while the toddler sat on the floor eating a plate of fish. lol

My third time around, things went much better. I have a toddler who will eat at the highchair now. I then realized that her moodlets were much better, which explained a lot. The toddler who kept throwing his food on the floor was ALWAYS tired and angry.

So it's been a learning curve, but I really LOVE the toddlers now. :) Also, then can always eat fresh fruits and veggies too.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    edited January 2017
    One day the Nanny cooked fried Tilapia, so I laughed while the toddler sat on the floor eating a plate of fish. lol
    Being the daughter of fishermen, cooked fish was the first meal my toddler got. It left quite an impression on me, seeing how she slapped the fish (Mommy: "You don't need to kill the fish, darling, it is already dead!") and then grabbed what looked like a veggie from the platter, which she happily devoured. When she becomes a teen she'll SO become a vegetarian.

I love the option to feed my toddlers the same as the rest of the family (okay, more like the rest of the family has to eat what the toddler wants). Didn't even try out highchair feeding, because it used to be a waste of time in the previous games.
  • Feedinghissheep3Feedinghissheep3 Posts: 92 Member
    jacknchloe wrote: »
    What is easiest way to feed these little angels? I have my highchairs at the dining table and I usually click on it and select "feed sim" but it seems like it takes forever. Plus, I can't give them the food everyone else eats, I have to select from the toddler menu. There has got to be an easier way.
    omg! i thought it was just me!!! my toddlers got angry because between the butler, nanny and parents NO ONE WAS FEEDING THE CHILD!!! After placing in highchair, they would immediately remove them. i have no good answer for you except to click on food from a counter and let them feed themselves. These toddlers are too doggone cute! the fact that they can get up and down from sofas, and go to bed on their own is a plus! watching them dance and bob to music is hysterical! i am so glad EA finally gave in and added them. I hope cars, pets and weather come back too.

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've tried the highchair, and had my Sim feed his kid, and he made a Ham and Cheese sandwich for the toddler. I thought it was rather cute lol
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I love the high chair. Mom always grabs a plate of whatever the family is eating and I drag it from her inventory to the high chair. I have her put the kid in, and then switch to the kid and tell them to eat it.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• GoFeeshGoFeesh Posts: 4 New Member
    I couldn't feed my toddler anything but fresh veggies for a full sim day because every time she picked up a plate, she'd immediately put it down and cancel the eat interaction. No issues with eating mushrooms. She was nearly starving before I realized she had a doll stuck in her hand. I made her "clean up toys" and got the doll put away and she could finally eat normally.
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I do like the feeding them in the highchair since they can finally be put by the table and eat with the family <3.
    Although sometimes, while my sims aren't looking, they seem to grab food randomly o_o and eat it while sitting on the couch and it's sort of a shame they can only eat 'grabbed' food like that :lol:.
    It's small moments like that, that I sorta hope for a kiddie table (hint hint EA :wink:) .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams