March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, but... Remember the patch for City Living, and then when City Living itself was actually made available? MC got a hose job then, kind of unexpectedly, but with the new interactions, we couldn't know till we got them what would happen.

This will probably be more of that. I admit things look better than they have for a few days now, but... we're not out of the woods, or the hotfix-zone, just yet.

I think there is a lot of potential in this GP. With Vampires as a new 'reversible' lifeform (mugglesvampires) you probably will be able to do the same things as we can do today with the Aliens. I think that @Deaderpool already has plans to integrate Vampires into MC Occult.

But @egwarhammer, I completely agree. This can only be done AFTER the release of the GP. So there's more work ahead.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    ElenFoth99 wrote: »
    My game doesn't seem to recognise that I've installed MC. I followed the instructions on the MTS page, and my mods folder looks exactly like the screenshot provided. I have allowed scripts in the game options but still nothing. Help?

Have you looked through the Troubleshooter PDF?

My first thought is, there are 2 "mods" boxes in game options... are they BOTH green?

What's your game version and MC version?

Windows or Mac?

I have looked through the PDF and both mods boxes are checked.

I'm playing on PC. Game is up to date and downloaded the most recent version of MC.

Have you tried putting MC directly into /Mods instead of in a subfolder? That's worked for at least one other player, since the update. I don't have a clue why that would be a thing, but, it's not going to hurt to try it.

Tried putting MC directly into /Mods but still nothing. This is so frustrating!

Go ask about your issue in MC comments. Time to kick this one upstairs to the man himself. Read through Troubleshooting at the site, bottom of the description page (just a general notice on the location, it's waaaaaaaaaaay down), make a note of what pictures and/or files he might want to see, and then ask him what's up.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the lastest version of mccc its 3.0.4A .. I took my sims to cas and when they returned my pregnant sim was missing from the family.. is this a problem with this mod? I wanted my sim to continue aging while pregnant is that it?

I believe the latest version of the mod is 3.0.4C - so if you have version 3.0.4A, I'm not surprised you're having issues.

I have 3.0.4C I did have 3.0.4A before my mistake in posting the wrong version.
  • SimsALaClaudiaSimsALaClaudia Posts: 9 New Member
    @Bonxie

I know, it's so weird.. Last time it was working just fine so I have no clue what I did wrong... Like it's actually hurting my brain trying to fix this..

I have the toddlers, so it's 1.26
    And it does end with 3_0_4-1
    The language it's set on is Dutch

But last time I had it the language was also set on Dutch.. It's just like my game doesn't recognize I added anything to my mods folder... It really makes me so upset it doesn't work, so much thanks for the trying to help haha
    edited January 2017
    @Bonxie

I know, it's so weird.. Last time it was working just fine so I have no clue what I did wrong... Like it's actually hurting my brain trying to fix this..

I have the toddlers, so it's 1.26
    And it does end with 3_0_4-1
    The language it's set on is Dutch

But last time I had it the language was also set on Dutch.. It's just like my game doesn't recognize I added anything to my mods folder... It really makes me so upset it doesn't work, so much thanks for the trying to help haha

That's a very useful information. Since you play your game in Dutch, the path to your game files is not
    /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4
    like mentioned in the documentation or elsewhere. This is only valid for English set as game language.

For Dutch it should be
    /Documents/Electronic Arts/De Sims 4

Could you please check, whether
    • a directory </Documents/Electronic Arts/De Sims 4> exists
    • if true, whether a subdirectory <Mods> is in in this directory
    • if true, what's the content of this <Mods> subdirectory?

Thanks in advance...
    Bij voorbaat hartelijk dank... ;)
    Y'know, this is pretty short, really. I'm going to post the Troubleshooting section's info here, just so we'll have a local copy. Y'all might bookmark this post for future reference, or copy this info to a text file, or something. (Added white space.)

Some Troubleshooting Steps to try if you can't tell if the mod is loaded or not

The troubleshooting PDF included with the mod may have more details about some of these topics, so it is recommended to look through that as well.

You can look in Game Options/Other/Custom Content and the mods should show-up as loaded in the Script Mods section. Make sure you have the checkbox on Game Options/Other checked for allowing script mods.

As of version 1.13 of Sims 4 (Get Together Expansion), any time EA releases an update, they are forcing the settings of the game to have mods disabled. Ensure that if an update from EA has just been applied that both checkboxes for Mods are enabled: the checkbox for enabling mods and the checkbox for enabling script mods.

When the game starts, a notification message will pop-up with the current version of MC Command Center deployed and all of the modules that are currently included on your game. If this doesn't display or if all of the modules are not displayed, then there is something wrong so continue looking through the troubleshooting steps. If it does display, then the mod is loaded correctly. Additionally, you should be able to click on a computer in a game lot or on a Sim and see a "MC Command Center" menu.

If the mod is loaded but you can't tell if it's working (you haven't seen pregnancies or move-in notifications), turn on logging in mc_settings.cfg by setting Logging_Enabled to "true" instead of "false". When you run the game and your home lot loads, if you go to your mod folder and open the mc_cmd_center.log file, it should have "Initializing Alarms" at the top of the file. Every night at midnight, alarms will run and this log file will have updates in it telling what happened for that day when the alarm ran.

If the mc_cmd_center.log file doesn't exist but according to the Game Options/Other/Custom Content window, the script mods are all loaded, then you may have a version problem. You can look at the LastExceptions.txt file in the Sims 4 folder to determine if that's the case.
    You should verify that your mods folder looks similar to the screenshot attached to this page. The dates and sizes of the modules may be different if the screenshot is older, but the location and names should be similar.

There are some mods that are known to conflict with MC Command Center. This is usually caused by functionality in those mods that is already in MC Command Center so a separate mod is not needed and causes problems. There may be other mods that we aren't aware of that. Sometimes custom-content other than mods can cause problems as well if they are old and haven't been updated. Some of EA's patches breaks custom objects or clothing items as well and sometimes it can prevent mods from working correctly if they are deployed. Some examples of known mods that cause problems are:

Autosave for Sims 4 by sachamagne

"Neia's No More Same Sims Everywhere"

TwistedMexi's Always Testingcheats mod, but I'm not sure if it works even on its own or not.

As of version 1.13 of Sims 4 (Get Together Expansion), I believe Pregnancy Mega Mod also causes some problems but I don't think these are conflicts, I just think it doesn't work as-of that update. PMM options should all be available from the MC Pregnancy module.

The "Sticky Clothes" Mod conflicts with my mod as I also have that functionality built-in to MC Command Center automatically.

Cowplant Tweaks from kylebeans doesn't seem to be supported any longer and can cause issues when in use.

After checking those things, I can help analyze things, but there are basic steps you can take to make it easier to figure-out what is wrong. A screenshot of your mod folder can be helpful. A screenshot of your "Game Options/Other/Custom Content" window showing the script mods that are loaded will help. A copy of your mc_cmd_center.log file can be helpful, depending on the problem. A copy of the LastException.txt file from the Sims 4 folder can be helpful. Vague comments like "it's not working"...not so helpful.
    @Bonxie

It already is in "De" sims 4, like I only have a de sims and not a the sims so I just figured it had to go there..

I don't know if there's anyone on here that does have a MacBook? And maybe they could make like a video of how they did it, maybe if I look at a video i'll see what went wrong
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    edited January 2017
    Okay so this is a huge thread so forgive me if this has been asked before....but can you control townie generation with MCCC?
    aSE16f8.gif
    @Bonxie

It already is in "De" sims 4, like I only have a de sims and not a the sims so I just figured it had to go there..

I don't know if there's anyone on here that does have a MacBook? And maybe they could make like a video of how they did it, maybe if I look at a video i'll see what went wrong

There is no big difference between the Windows and Mac versions. The files have to be stored in the right location and that's it. All other things are game internals (like the checkboxes in the game options) and work the same way independent from the OS in use. I really don't know why this doesn't work with you.

Again tagging @itsug, who is much more experienced in Mac issues.

edited January 2017
    Okay so this is a huge thread so forgive me if this has been asked before....but can you control townie generation with MCCC?

Unfortunately not really. You can use the following settings, but they won't stop the game from spawning homeless for certain roles like barkeeper, mail men or San Myshuno city weirdos.

As for the MCCC settings for reduced townie generating try these options:
    • Set MC Command Center > MC Population > Use Custom Population to 'enabled'.
    • Reduce MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless down to 1 (one)

Have a look at these posts for further information:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15382336/#Comment_15382336
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15367646/#Comment_15367646

If you have any further questions please ask.

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    @Bonxie

There is no big difference between the Windows and Mac versions. The files have to be stored in the right location and that's it. All other things are game internals (like the checkboxes in the game options) and work the same way independent from the OS in use. I really don't know why this doesn't work with you.

Again tagging @itsug, who is much more experienced in Mac issues.

There is actually no difference other then where the documents folder is placed.
    The files still need to be unpacked and no zip file is to be in the folder.
    I dont have my macbook available atm, but i will get a new screenshot up asap™ :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    @Bonxie

I can use quicktime to do this, but not done in a quickie. I might be able to give it a go this weekend, but there are still preparations needing to be done.
    See if you can get it to work without it.
    All you need is to unpack the file you download, which you should be able to do just by double clicking it. Then copy or move the files to /Users/yourusername/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/mods/mccmd or something similar. (might not be correct path depending on language and Mac OS version)
    Tripple post incomming!

If you are having installation issues, a small heads up is to NOT try any further with the current version of the mod, but to wait for 3.1.0 which will be released any day now according to @Deaderpool over at MTS.
    Oh, you meant THESE 3 posts, @itsug . LOL!

MC 3.1.0 is now UP, gang! Remember to grab the extra part, too (if you use that), if you can get to it. If you can't, PM me, those links will be going out soon.

Read the Change Log at the bottom of MC's Description Page, this one's full of EPIC. Change Log post is HERE.
    Screenshot, 3.1.0 installed. (Can't say working, haven't played with it yet.)

If you have the other part, you'll have one more .package and .ts4script file. o:)

If you haven't used Dresser, you won't have those config files.

CHECK YOUR SETTINGS, some may not stick between the old and new config file refresh. Better safe than sorry.

rj4fw4.jpg
    By the way, my cell phone colors are not sticking, since the patch. I guess... I just really noticed it today, before 3.1.0 even came out. Is anybody's working? It's a meh thing, but it's a thing. Could be a mod, but, I doubt that.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Mine are not sticking either @egwarhammer.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited January 2017
    not important
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    @egwarhammer It might be worth keeping an eye on this http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909244/mc-not-cleanin-bathing-outfit-like-used-to . I'm pretty sure it will be CC related but it might hit a few others.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I have a question about disabling relationship culling... Will it cause a huge amount of lag? Is so, are there work arounds, like going and deleting relationships you no longer need/want?

I'm playing with about a dozen households, so by the time I get around to some, they'll have forgotten some of my other sims... Wish there was something that would turn it off just between played sims or something along those lines.
    JRBear wrote: »
    I have a question about disabling relationship culling... Will it cause a huge amount of lag? Is so, are there work arounds, like going and deleting relationships you no longer need/want?

I'm playing with about a dozen households, so by the time I get around to some, they'll have forgotten some of my other sims... Wish there was something that would turn it off just between played sims or something along those lines.

It's a little tricky to set up because it's 2 separate settings, but from the main MCCC settings, look at this:

RelationshipCullingType If the setting is "D"-disabled, the EA relationship culling process that deletes Sims relationships after an amount of time with no contact will be deactivated. No relationship culling will occur. If the setting is "E"-enabled, then the default EA relationship culling will occur. If MC Cleaner is deployed, an additional setting value of "C" will be available. When this setting is used, MC Cleaner relationship cleaning will happen rather than EA's default relationship culling and it will follow the relationship cleaning rules as configured in MC Cleaner. After changing, the game must be restarted for the changes to take effect. "E"

And from Cleaner, here's how you set the who and how much parts up to use MC's cleaning:

Cleaner_CleanRelationships This setting stores the two values necessary for MC Cleaner relationship cleaning. The first value is what type of Sims are affected by the cleaning. The valid values are "N"-NPC Only, "P"-NPC and Played, "AO"-Only active Sims will have their relationships cleaned, "PO"-Only played and inactive Sims will have their relationships cleaned and "A"-All Sims including active Sims.

The second value is what level of relationships to clean from the specified Sims. The valid values are "Z"-Zero Level only, "C"-Custom Level (Any value between 0 and 100 may be specified), "A"-acquaintances or less, "F"-friends or less, "GF"-All relationships except significant others, "S"-All relationships including significant others. No family members will be cleaned by this process. Note that absolute values are used for the scores. So if a custom setting of 20 is set and the relationship score is between -20 and 20, then the relationship will be deleted. The same is true for the other score types: Acquaintance, Friend, etc. N,A

Try N,Z (NPC, Zero-level). That does keep your played sims relationships intact, and delivers a nice hit to the NPC side of things. It's what I use, here. You could even go N,A if you really just want them to keep their friendlier relationships.

Nothing wrong with deleting some yourself. But really lag SEEMS to happen more when inventory gets fuller. You might do a "stuff check" round and see who has what that they're carrying around. This game has all SORTS of reasons to stick stuff in a sim's stash. I've found books, snow globes, guitars, a boatload of wood carvings... etc.
    I found an error... here's the scoop:

Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
    Whenever I bring up the MC Pregnancy menu on my alien male pregnant sim, I'm getting this:

[01/17/17 23:15:37]Traceback (most recent call last):
    File ".\mc_occult_inject.py", line 47, in inject_select_traits_for_offspring
    NameError: global name 'sim_info' is not defined

Just dropping it off.

(From DP:)
    That's bizarre...that's not what is on line 47 in the source and mc_occult_inject didn't exist in 3.0.4 so I know I didn't somehow put the wrong version in the wrong version. So this is on an Alien Sim that is also a male and is also pregnant? I can try to replicate that to make sure I can duplicate it. Thanks!

Edit: Found it. I'll have to think about how I want to handle it. I will probably wait to fix it with the patch I'm expecting EA to dump on us Thursday or Friday for the pre-Vampire release next week. This will break the new MC Occult "Use Custom Pregnancy" code so disabling that will prevent the error for now.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5146210#post5146210
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Thanks, egwarhammer! That helps so much. :)
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @egwarhammer How often does MC do the relationship cleaning?
    aSE16f8.gif
    @itsug I tried the newer version but still nothing... If you would be able to show me how it would be great!
    This is what I did:
    I downloaded the 3_1_0zip file, went to my downloads folder. Double clicked the zipped file, an extra folder appeared with all the scripts and packages. Dragged the scripts and packages to my mods folder inside my sims 4 folder.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top