March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'm banned from modthesims, but you're welcome to post the info for me if you want. This isn't game breaking or anything for me, so I'll just deal with it until MCCC is updated.

Thanks for the help.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I'm having some issues with MC Command Center. The game is treating my teens like they are toddlers. Their parents have options like "give bath to," "get food for" and "potty train" for their teens. I'm not sure if this is a MCCC issue or if it is conflicting with another mod, but it resolves when I remove MCCC.

I *knew* I saw it! @Ulfric_Grimbrand reported this same thing at MC comments.

Here's the link to DP's response:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5142578#post5142578

@Loudon_Wainwright You need to redownload MC et al again, 3.0.4c was to take care of what DP said was a "big miss" on his part. It was uploaded about 1230am eastern on the 14th.

Just as an aside, if you can't get to the files on MTS (or the sister site, for that matter), they're also all being posted to his Patreon site, if you'd want to opt in. Just a mention, I'm not pushing anybody to do anything besides look. (Or not.) You know? It's here.

It's in my sig, but, not everybody has those turned on. I do... naturally. I gotta know. If I can see it, I want to. (Sound familiar?) :smiley:

I *knew* I saw it! @Ulfric_Grimbrand reported this same thing at MC comments.

Here's the link to DP's response:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5142578#post5142578

@Loudon_Wainwright You need to redownload MC et al again, 3.0.4c was to take care of what DP said was a "big miss" on his part. It was uploaded about 1230am eastern on the 14th.

Unfortunately I have everything up to date already and it hasn't stopped the issue. Thank you for the link to somebody else having the same problem. At least now I can be sure it really is MCCC causing it. It's no big deal - nothing is negatively impacted as far as I can tell, I just have a few extra options that don't do anything. I think I'll just deal with it until the next version comes out.

Thanks for the help.
    @Loudon_Wainwright What are the file dates and times on your mc files? I'd love a screenshot, but a list would be fine, too. Just the different ones... all your ts4script files should have the same date, and close to the same time (the extra file may be a little "off" from the others).
    @egwarhammer Here you go:

8zk283Y.png

The last two are blanked out because they're from the adult add-on.
  • turbo4568turbo4568 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a problem. After enabling script mods, all of my male sims seemed to disappear. This is the second time this has happened to me and the first time I fixed it, but this time I saved by accident. Am I able to get them back or will I have to start a different game? Thank you so much.
  • ElenFoth99ElenFoth99 Posts: 3 New Member
    My game doesn't seem to recognise that I've installed MC. I followed the instructions on the MTS page, and my mods folder looks exactly like the screenshot provided. I have allowed scripts in the game options but still nothing. Help?
    @egwarhammer Here you go:

8zk283Y.png

The last two are blanked out because they're from the adult add-on.

Thanks! That sure LOOKS like 3.0.4c to me, too. So, I asked about it with a link here to MC's comments. I'll let you know. ;)

Couple of pictures, this is what the no-longer-useful MC 3.0.4b looked like:

2zqsm5x.jpg

And HERE is MC 3.0.4c, which everybody should be updated to who has run the toddler patch. If you have not run the toddler patch, stick with 3.0.3 until DP says otherwise, probably when 3.1.0 comes out. Stay tuned. ;)

ilan1h.jpg
    edited January 2017
    turbo4568 wrote: »
    I have a problem. After enabling script mods, all of my male sims seemed to disappear. This is the second time this has happened to me and the first time I fixed it, but this time I saved by accident. Am I able to get them back or will I have to start a different game? Thank you so much.

Before you do anything, make sure you have MC 3.0.4c installed. I just posted screenshots of b and c to this thread. The extra part also needs to be updated. Generally I say if you play with both parts, update both at the same time just on general principle.

EDIT: DISABLE Age During Pregnancy. That's probably what caused the sims to vanish.
    /edit

If it hasn't been long ago (or you haven't played much since that save), then, probably you can get your guys back.

MOVE that "bad" save file out of /saves. Desktop's fine. You'll see several ver# files there with the same name as the file you moved, like

Slot_00000017.save
    Slot_00000017.save.ver0
    Slot_00000017.save.ver1
    etc.

On that .ver0 save (first put it on your desktop too, it'll be good to have if it DOES work for you, since your regular game save doesn't now), edit the file name to REMOVE the .ver0 part. Windows will tell you changing the extension type may be a bad idea, but do it anyway.

THEN, try your game again, and choose that file to open with the floppy disk icon in the top right (load game).

You'll have up to 5 copies of any .save file, so if the ver0 doesn't go back far enough, try it again with the .ver1, and so on. If you aren't a rabid saver (I am), one of them should be a save from early enough to help.

In case it's LOADING the mod that's causing the trouble (not-updated-mod-hijinx, it's entirely possible until you tell me you're game-patched and mc-patched up to NOW...), that's why the extra backup. Check your MC version first (both sites), then save the copies, then give it a try. Let me know how it goes. :)
    ElenFoth99 wrote: »
    My game doesn't seem to recognise that I've installed MC. I followed the instructions on the MTS page, and my mods folder looks exactly like the screenshot provided. I have allowed scripts in the game options but still nothing. Help?

Have you looked through the Troubleshooter PDF?

My first thought is, there are 2 "mods" boxes in game options... are they BOTH green?

What's your game version and MC version?

Windows or Mac?
    @Loudon_Wainwright what's your Age During Pregnancy setting on? If you have that enabled, try disabling it and see if that helps.
    My Age During Pregnancy setting is disabled. I don't think I've touched anything in the pregnancy options.
    I'm going to load my game and see what I can make happen. Waiting to see if DP comes around this morning, too, and answers me over there. I'll be back. ;)
  • ElenFoth99ElenFoth99 Posts: 3 New Member
    ElenFoth99 wrote: »

Have you looked through the Troubleshooter PDF?

My first thought is, there are 2 "mods" boxes in game options... are they BOTH green?

What's your game version and MC version?

Windows or Mac?

I have looked through the PDF and both mods boxes are checked.

I'm playing on PC. Game is up to date and downloaded the most recent version of MC.
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    @egwarhammer

First huge thanks to you and Deaderpool for your hard work. These mods enhance the game so much! I'm having an issue though. I've updated to MCCC 3.0.4c and dl'd your new woohoo.package to go with it. However, MCCC isn't working for me in game at all. I checked the log and found this.
    Screen%20Shot%202017-01-14%20at%202.03.16%20PM_zps53gmahet.png

Could the woohoo package be the problem?

EDIT:

Just took the common sense route and tested this myself.
    I took out the woohoo script/package and MCCC still wouldn't work in game, even though it showed up on the mods list. So my next question, for anyone who can answer, do I have to scrap my settings from the last version since it's a major update? Per the image, maybe there's a flag setting I have that doesn't exist anymore?

EDIT:

That's not it either. Idk what's up but it's just not working for me. The version pop up doesn't happen and MCCC is not an option on computers or sims. :|

Try redownloading both files again and reinstalling from the fresh copies. You might move your config file to your desktop and let the mod make a new fresh one... but then you could probably switch them back between loads and have your real file updated for 304c settings.

I wonder if there's an error in it... have you edited that file manually lately?

Handy link: http://jsonlint.com/

That's a file validation site. Open the cfg file with a text editor, Select All, and Copy. Almost 700 lines long now. :o

But paste it into the box at the site, it'll fit. Then hit Validate at the bottom, and it'll either tell you it's a Valid JSON file, or it'll highlight where any error is, AND what it's expecting and not finding there. Python is verrrrrrrrrrrry picky. >.<

I'm hoping a redownload/reinstall will get you going. 304c was posted just after midnight eastern today... I didn't know it was there till I got home after 7.

Running out of time, as usual... but weekends are fun at work. It'll be busy. 2 to go!

Back when I can.

I appear to be all set after a work-through with Deaderpool. Turns out nesting the files in a folder doesn't work for me anymore. It's strange though cause I haven't made any changes to the MCCC files after downloading or my resource.cfg; everything else was pulling like before and the files were only one level deep so *shrug*

At least it's working now. :smiley:
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
    I added a toddler to Bjergsens household. Sofia didn't show up in any of the options I could choose for Beau (potty, etc).

I'm at a loss, and I need to go to bed, but thankfully this is my last work night for a few. So tomorrow I can dig in more. To a lot of things.

Still no word over there from the Master. I'll check tonight before work. ;)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,872 Member
    Thanks to the helpful people that are working on MC -and on answering our questions.
    Hopefully a simple one. Is there a way to make a Sim days (like a Sim week or so) older? I'm embarking on a rotational game and want my brand new Sim to be fairly close in age to his future wife. I've already played her for two game weeks.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    I'm banned from modthesims, but you're welcome to post the info for me if you want. This isn't game breaking or anything for me, so I'll just deal with it until MCCC is updated.

Thanks for the help.

Here is @Deaderpool's answer:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Thanks for the details! I'll check it out. I have the scripts that change all filters to deal with MC Population settings. It looks like it is changing the filters dealing with training toddlers so it includes Teens (and most likely Children) as well.

Seems to be a something which will be fixed in the upcoming MC version 3.1.0

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    NRowe wrote: »
    Thanks to the helpful people that are working on MC -and on answering our questions.
    Hopefully a simple one. Is there a way to make a Sim days (like a Sim week or so) older? I'm embarking on a rotational game and want my brand new Sim to be fairly close in age to his future wife. I've already played her for two game weeks.

Unfortunately no, there isn't. As far as I know you only can adjust the ages to the different age categories but not daywise. And right at the moment this function seems to be broken with the available combination game patch 1.26/MC v3.0.4C. But DP already posted at his Patreon page, that there will be a fixed aging option in the upcoming MC version 3.1.0.

Please be aware, that now after the 1.26 patch a lot of things could be changed during further development. At the moment we don't have a final MCCC Version for this patch level, only the hot fixes (for the time being 3.0.4C) to keep the mod in a more or less stable working state. You may call it 'emergency mode'. ;)
  • SimsALaClaudiaSimsALaClaudia Posts: 9 New Member
    @Bonxie I did everything you listed.. still not working..
    edited January 2017
    @Bonxie I did everything you listed.. still not working..

That's strange. But let's try some troubleshooting.

➽ Start your game and go to 'Game Options > Other'
    There are two check boxes for activating CC and Mods. Both boxes must be checked like this (click on 'show'):
    y3mwcwz5ynU-v72n8J941qZjKV6BXxVoAc7mDow0MBnWNDbs9lb7Y174OciWZDcB1s8V6yd-0TzwmlaEl4OnBwc7AIeCBiYmXWKr4xFeKfl2rI5cgtrQ_wzVcNrHT8sQ17FNjIwNH9W8Etv8Zm1rVeZl2k8bn4edK_eYlO1b9YKRNE?width=516&height=389&cropmode=none

➽ Click the button "View Custom Content" in the same menu (Game Options > Other).
    A list appears containing CC and mods recognized and loaded by the game core. Scroll down the list. It should look somehow like this, but by all means it should list the 'mc_cmd_center' entry (click on 'show'):
    y3m_CzisgJxYEVlLe2dsMsXDOm4ypaCbuXXeUXRgGRbizPXgDt675OActOgwRiZcx_EwpmwRLvcqrvOS4EyzqXzlDcf5xG7ngJEaUkkExTGT5QqZ9VadHgzPJf080mCvb3JO0t0fyqNVRy9GbCLvJgRjcaZG1aVW5Whwuw8NTxibxI?width=404&height=541&cropmode=none

Please check these settings in your game. Can you confirm that it's configured/displayed that way?

#MCCC #Install #Mac
    Bonxie wrote: »

Thanks for the help.

Here is @Deaderpool's answer:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Thanks for the details! I'll check it out. I have the scripts that change all filters to deal with MC Population settings. It looks like it is changing the filters dealing with training toddlers so it includes Teens (and most likely Children) as well.

Seems to be a something which will be fixed in the upcoming MC version 3.1.0

I didn't know you'd already PM'd him when I posted this to comments, @Bonxie , but here's what Deaderpool said there, @Loudon_Wainwright :

Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
    I've run into someone else on officials with the problem @ulgrym reported, teens showing up in toddler options. I thought 3.0.4c was to fix that? The guy has the latest version, his screenshot matches the allmodules list perfectly.

I'm probably missing something...

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_15468014
    Nope. This is a newly reported issue. Boxxie sent me an e-mail about it this morning and it's on my list to look at. It has to do with users changing their MC Population settings for specific ages in their world. This causes filters to be changed and that includes the filters for the Sim pickers for training toddlers so they are opening-up the filters to allow children and teens as well. Definitely not fixed in 3.0.4C and really, don't plan to fix it in 3.0.4 at all. This is not a game-breaker.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5144356#post5144356
    His thread has blown up. I had a hard time digging up that post again. >.<

(People should read more and re-ask the same questions LESS. Thatisall.) <3
    edited January 2017
    I just posted this to MC's forum, figured I may as well drop it off here, too. Picture of where the Troubleshooting info lives on the mod's main Description page... since so many people seem to blow right by it on their way to comments to grump, I decided I would provide a handy visual aid back to where we tell them to start. >:)

Edit: What? It IS buried... o:)

261lx91.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top