Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers are popular today!

I found well over 130,000 Simmers online when I started the game as against 34 to 64,000 usually.

Comments

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    WOW
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I found well over 130,000 Simmers online when I started the game as against 34 to 64,000 usually.

You could say that the Simmers are over-joyed over Toddlers. Most everybody is very positive about Toddlers.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd love to see the telemetry on how many toddlers have been created (or how many Try for Baby attempts) since the patch dropped yesterday. B)

Not everyone is into toddlers, or feel like there's still more missing, so I'm not going to tell them they're wrong. I was playing okay without toddlers, even families (though a full grown child jumping out of the bassinet was a bit off-putting). But toddlers has definitely made a difference in how a lot of players are approaching the game -- and with the discovery of Pets coding in the patch, they've got more hope for the future of the game. Sims 4 had a rough childhood, but is finally starting to mature just a bit I think. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'd love to see the telemetry on how many toddlers have been created (or how many Try for Baby attempts) since the patch dropped yesterday. B)

Not everyone is into toddlers, or feel like there's still more missing, so I'm not going to tell them they're wrong. I was playing okay without toddlers, even families (though a full grown child jumping out of the bassinet was a bit off-putting). But toddlers has definitely made a difference in how a lot of players are approaching the game -- and with the discovery of Pets coding in the patch, they've got more hope for the future of the game. Sims 4 had a rough childhood, but is finally starting to mature just a bit I think. :)
    Exactly they weren't a game changer for me I had my family and I got attached to the kids on it at least LOL By the way love your avy he is a cutie.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I just love the little guys. I haven't had near enough time to play them yet- I have my own little (don't tell him I said that, lol) guy who seems to think Star Wars Battlefront is more important than Sims 3 and 4. OH WHERE DID I GO WRONG! I can't wait to really get a toddler worked into my current story line though.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm looking forward to Vampires more, but with Toddlers I feel a lot more inclined to go out and have a baby. Even if I'm not exactly a family Sim.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Im excited for the vampire toddlers!! I love the Toddlers i think they are great. I havnt enjoyed played the game as much as I have today.
  • PuffpglitternosePuffpglitternose Posts: 39 Member
    I'm on love. My rooommate and I would have 3 hour long discussions on how we felt about the game before this toddlers update. And I'll admit most of them were overall negative. But now we can only look forward. And it's a great feeling. Now I'm hoping that they come out with a Hobbies and Skills EP or GP, cuz I'd love for my sims to do some Sculpting or crocheting in their free tme.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I am so glad toddlers are back, can't play till I get home. Next EP generations or pets.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    B) It's been a great year.
    p6tqefj
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Wouldn't it be great if they combined them together. Like they did with Get To Work. :)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2017

This is why telemetry really bugs me :unamused:

I have not created a single toddler in my game. In fact, with the time slowing mod I just installed, odds are I won't even see a toddler in my game for many months as I'm rolling back my TS2 legacy mums and dads to pre-made child stage in TS4. Telemetry at the end of January will show: player boycotts EA over toddlers and then doesn't use them. What telemetry will not show is that on January 12 toddlers came out and within 24 hours a self-confessed TS4 anti-fan purchased every TS4 product but a few SPs and has been playing this game contentedly and non-stop ever since.

Some of us just play our games slowly and also some of us refuse to share our game playing data with EA. This does not mean toddlers weren't a game changer for us (pardon the pun); they totally were. The comment that telemetry indicated that players didn't care about toddlers is why I started my boycott anyway... I'm glad that the devs listened to the human feedback and worked hard to deliver toddlers. I hope they listen to any remaining players who feel left out by this iteration, because after 2 years of gamer hell, I can empathise :weary:

My TS4 sim kids (formerly TS2 adults) are going to grow up, meet and marry, and have the first in-game babies--then I'll play toddlers. There's no rush.

People should stop relying so much on (in-game) telemetry.
  • BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I'm so excited about them! They are sooo cute. I was the kind of simmer who had become okay with them not being there, mainly to keep myself from being disappointed over and over again, but this is great. I'm so happy they are back! They are so superbly well done!
    My chaotic simblr
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    They're a lot of fun. :)

Since a big hint to Pets have been found in the game's coding, I think that'll be the next EP (or GP, even).
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    ...still can't believe that they're finally here.

tumblr_inline_n4gazihcFR1rp58p4.gif
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Toddlers were a huge thing. I think the newer age of simmers don't see it for some reason. I'm not surprised by this at all. I'm very excited for the Sims 4 era now. I wasn't prepared for them to drop out of no where. I need to gather hundreds of dollars to buy everything. (as toddlers were my deal breaker lol)
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    It's good to see a happy and cheerful mood around here on the forums :)
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Toddles are cuuuuute, I can't stop giggling watching them wabble around the house and throwing tantrums that drive mom and dad crazzy. I'm aging down every kid in the game lol
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Telemetry at the end of January will show: player boycotts EA over toddlers and then doesn't use them. What telemetry will not show is that on January 12 toddlers came out and within 24 hours a self-confessed TS4 anti-fan purchased every TS4 product but a few SPs and has been playing this game contentedly and non-stop ever since.

Having in mind that they did not start the sale on January 12th and that nothing else happened in the game on that day, I think they'll know what to attribute the spike in profits to :)

I so far bought City Living and Kids Room stuff pack. My collection currently lacks Dine Out and 2 SPs, but currently I don't have the spending power to grab it all right now. However I know that I contributed to their profit spike on the day that toddlers released and I know that I'm not the only one by far.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    Trust me, If I wasn't having a problem with the game crashing (maybe due to hardware fan or the actual game) I would have bought the party pack (for the clothes), the kid's room stuff pack, bowling this soon, and the vampire pack all because of toddlers I would be adding many more stuff packs but have to wait and see what's wrong with the game and my machine. ETA: Toddlers means more stuff packs in my case...since those are the ones I have been ignoring.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

This is why telemetry really bugs me :unamused:

I have not created a single toddler in my game. In fact, with the time slowing mod I just installed, odds are I won't even see a toddler in my game for many months as I'm rolling back my TS2 legacy mums and dads to pre-made child stage in TS4. Telemetry at the end of January will show: player boycotts EA over toddlers and then doesn't use them. What telemetry will not show is that on January 12 toddlers came out and within 24 hours a self-confessed TS4 anti-fan purchased every TS4 product but a few SPs and has been playing this game contentedly and non-stop ever since.

Some of us just play our games slowly and also some of us refuse to share our game playing data with EA. This does not mean toddlers weren't a game changer for us (pardon the pun); they totally were. The comment that telemetry indicated that players didn't care about toddlers is why I started my boycott anyway... I'm glad that the devs listened to the human feedback and worked hard to deliver toddlers. I hope they listen to any remaining players who feel left out by this iteration, because after 2 years of gamer plum, I can empathise :weary:

My TS4 sim kids (formerly TS2 adults) are going to grow up, meet and marry, and have the first in-game babies--then I'll play toddlers. There's no rush.

People should stop relying so much on (in-game) telemetry.

I'm with you.

Over the last few weeks or so, I stopped playing TS4 again. I had a story going that I was finally enjoying -- until a Sim got pregnant. I realized that I could not go through with the object-baby direct to child thing again, so I just quit.

Now that toddlers are here, I still won't be playing with them for a while. I'm waiting for my favorite mods to update first. Then, I'll be working through the rest of the pregnancy (12 Sim days in my game), the baby-object doldrums, then finally toddlers. It's going to take a while. I also have communication with EA turned off (as far as I know). So, to EA's eyes, I couldn't care less about toddlers when that conclusion could not be further from the truth!

I hope that EA continues to listen to consumers, rather than numbers. Telemetry doesn't tell the full story.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    What I find gratifying is that many players who really aren't into toddlers themselves have expressed how happy they are for those of us who were all about having our toddlers back. I so appreciate that. I, too, am happy for those who've been awaiting the vampires' return, knowing before the month is out that GP will be released. I haven't seen that one player, lately, on the forums who was steadfast in his opinion from the beginning that Sims4 would be the very best Sims game, ever. It's been so long, I can't remember his name. I'm sure most of you know of whom I speak. Seems, he may be right.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    What I find gratifying is that many players who really aren't into toddlers themselves have expressed how happy they are for those of us who were all about having our toddlers back. I so appreciate that. I, too, am happy for those who've been awaiting the vampires' return, knowing before the month is out that GP will be released. I haven't seen that one player, lately, on the forums who was steadfast in his opinion from the beginning that Sims4 would be the very best Sims game, ever. It's been so long, I can't remember his name. I'm sure most of you know of whom I speak. Seems, he may be right.

Colton? He's having a break but he snuck in to say he's happy about toddlers. :lol:
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited January 2017
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Telemetry at the end of January will show: player boycotts EA over toddlers and then doesn't use them. What telemetry will not show is that on January 12 toddlers came out and within 24 hours a self-confessed TS4 anti-fan purchased every TS4 product but a few SPs and has been playing this game contentedly and non-stop ever since.

Having in mind that they did not start the sale on January 12th and that nothing else happened in the game on that day, I think they'll know what to attribute the spike in profits to :)

I so far bought City Living and Kids Room stuff pack. My collection currently lacks Dine Out and 2 SPs, but currently I don't have the spending power to grab it all right now. However I know that I contributed to their profit spike on the day that toddlers released and I know that I'm not the only one by far.

@mirta000 - Yeah, I agree. I hope that players who took EA to task for holding out on toddlers this long are showing their support for the game since EA followed through. At the end of the day this is about business, yeah? I hope that sales this month will show that this was a good call.

And if you show me how, I'll go ahead and gift you with Dine Out today if you're up for it since we have a gifting option available now :relaxed: