Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Feedback Thread - come share yours

Comments

• Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    thanks a bunch for toddlers EA
  • Options
    DiabolicalAFDiabolicalAF Posts: 70 Member
    You guys got toddlers so so soooo right this time! They're challenging, hilarious and annoying in equal measure! I am loving it. It's made the game and family play so much more realistic and interactive. Thank you for that!

I am feeling more positive about the future, just knowing that you guys did listen!

I was just wondering about something though, sometimes my sims take ages to react to what ever I tell them to do, like when they eat they still take forever, I know multitasking will slow them down slightly but sometimes they're eating on their own for like 3 sims hours lol, Is this normal or is it a glitch? Somethings have improved a lot however, they stand around in an idle state less often now. Their autonomous behavior also improved which I appreciate.
  • Options
    CatLas13CatLas13 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hiya!
    Things I like in The Sims 4:
    I love the multitasking feature. It makes things so much more realistic!
    Building and CAS are a lot easier to use
    The new toddlers are amazing!
    The packs have been great!

Things I don't like:
    On the latest expansion, City Living, I have noticed that the game randomly puts loads of items in sims inventories. This slows down gameplay and when I go back on a family they might have completed a collection (I like to have earned it when I complete a collection)
    The 'culling' of sims and relationships can be annoying. For example, one of my sims got pregnant by a townie before they had moved in together and when I tried to invite him round to see the babies (twins) he had disappeared from the game (he didn't even come up on the kids' family tree!)

A suggestion:
    I would really like the option to alter the lengths of life stages individually (as in The Sims 3). Especially because of the addition of toddlers which means that it takes longer for kids to grow up. I play on long lifespan. On this lifespan a baby will take 144 days in total to age to a young adult. It will then only be 160 days before that sim becomes an elder. Calculating that the age of an elder is 60- a year is the equivalent of 5 sim days and by that a sim will take 29 years to become a young adult (when in reality it should be more like 18-20). I like to play the game in a realistic way so it would be good to have the option of adjusting the life stages so that they were more realistic. Also for people who don't like playing particular life stages they could make them shorter or make life stages they like longer.

My overall thoughts
    I really love this game and have been completely addicted since day one. I have loved all the packs and am excited for vampires and whatever else is released in future! I thinks stuff, game and expansion packs are great because it keeps the game fresh!
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I would like to have the option to set the age limit to visit certain restaurants. One of my sims owns a very fancy chinese restaurant and hates children, it's very annoying when a family brings one along to dinner.
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    edited January 2017
    We need the ability to set buildings, lots to hangouts for unique clubs, and hangouts added to list of places clubs can meet please.
    Unique clubs have no place to meet, if they don't want to meet in the Sims home.
    ty
  • Options
    xemily91xemily91 Posts: 1 New Member
    I love this game!
      Things I like

* Love the multitasking for the most part.
      * the toddlers are such a good edition, they're really funny (and terribly annoying, as I'm sure parents will agree is true to life)
      * Love how easy it is to add mods and extra stuff into the game. I'd fight for hours to unzip folders for the sims 3 (with a crappy computer).
      * I LOVE the new teeth added. anything to make the sims different from one another is a win in my book. I used the tooth gap for a couple kids and the braces for a teenager.
        things I dislike/need improvement:
        *Get this out of the way--SEASONS. It would improve the game so much, especially with expansions like Outdoor Retreat and Perfect Patio, etc.
        * Uncomfortable beds are really annoying. There aren't enough beds that are of average quality and I end up using the same three beds for everyone. I understand the whole "living low" thing, but them waking up uncomfortable makes everything so much more difficult.
        * Toddlers have some bugs. It's a pain to put them in and out of the high chair (I've only used the wooden one, I don't know if it's universal). The parents try and it's impossible to get them on task at the same time the toddlers are. Same thing with the toddler beds (although they are SO cute!). Everyone wants to sit on my toddlers' beds? It's strange if they're just doing homework or reading and their own beds are right there.
        * More room in maps! I got the Apartments expansion hoping to have a bunch of places to build, but no such luck. I can't find the penthouse that everyone is editing either.
        * -The regular worlds need more space as well. I place three or four families and it's filled.
        * Once my sims make a friend (I've noticed most with the Landlord), they are constantly getting calls to go out or go to Chez Lama.
        * I can't seem to place any more restaurants so Chez Lama is the only place that my sims ever go. There was a bug when I first visited that restaurant but it seems to have been fixed.
        * Doll house smashing. Oh my goodness, please make it stop. It just creates more crying with the kids and now toddlers.
        * Automatically putting earrings & glasses on sims while making them is very annoying.
        * More earrings, particularly for kids. Most of mine are downloaded.
        * Sims walking in on each other in the bathroom drives me crazy. Can you at least reduce the chances of this happening?
      • Options
        luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
        @xemily91 The penthouse lots are three lots on the tops of buildings. One starts out as a lounge, the other two as residential. All three can be bulldozed, have their lot types changed, and be rebuilt.
        There shouldn't be issues with restaurant placement - maybe post about how you're doing it in the Game Packs forum, and someone can help you there.
        EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
      • Options
        abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
        I just looooove my toddlers, and thank you for them. <3<3
        Just one question. Can butlers take care of toddlers while you at work.? :)
      • Options
        plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
        @Armilus616, were you playing Pets with the world that came with the expansion (Appaloosa Plains)?

When I used that world, my game would crash after 10-15 minutes too. If I used a different world, Pets would run fine :)
      • Options
        SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
        I just looooove my toddlers, and thank you for them. <3<3
        Just one question. Can butlers take care of toddlers while you at work.? :)

Yes they do :)
      • Options
        Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
        @Armilus616, were you playing Pets with the world that came with the expansion (Appaloosa Plains)?

When I used that world, my game would crash after 10-15 minutes too. If I used a different world, Pets would run fine :)

Yes, It was exactly like that. I wanted to try the new world and then... Boom.
      • Options
        plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
        @Armilus616, it was disappointing, wasn't it :/ I heard that there are routing issues with Appaloosa Plains that caused it to crash. It's a shame because I really like seeing new worlds and exploring them.
      • Options
        BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
        I would like more curtain options. I'm not a big fan of the curtains in the game so far. The Vampire GP might change my mind, though. I really like going with a more Gothic look for my mansions, so this game pack might be just what I need. I think teens and elders need more interactions to make them seem more like teens and elders. If a Generation pack is ever made then I would be happy. I also would like mermaids to come back. I loved all the occult life in the Sims 3, Sims 2, and even the Sims 1. Bringing back all of them would make me happy!
      • Options
        BoomChikaBoomPowBoomChikaBoomPow Posts: 79 Member
        One more thing: I don't really like how your sim gets kicked out for cooking in someone else's house. I remember being able to cook before, but now all the sims get really uptight about it. Was this patched in? If so, why?
      • Options
        AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
        One more thing: I don't really like how your sim gets kicked out for cooking in someone else's house. I remember being able to cook before, but now all the sims get really uptight about it. Was this patched in? If so, why?

I believe there is an elixir for it in your rewards store I think it's called "Always Welcome".
        tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
      • Options
        kasarifickasarific Posts: 21 Member
        I Love the toddlers they are so cute!. The one thing I'd like to see added to the game would be spiral staircases.
      • Options
        121Amy121Amy Posts: 4 New Member
        I have noticed something that I feel needs a little bit of a tweak.

I have made a family in which their life is not a happy straight forward ride. The mum and dad are always arguing (only for a few moment because of the silly moods spoiling the drama but that's not what I'm posting for so I'll carry on) which has ment their first child became an angry and self dependent. This child never went to school all through his childhood and teenage years.

Now this is where my issue starts. There are no real concequences for not going to school!
        Ok so his headteacher rang and his grades dropped but once he got to an F as a teenager it just stopped there :neutral: I feel this lacks any type of story progression :( I really wanted something to happen.

I was expecting as a child for his parents to get a warning like in the sims 2 from social services or as a teenager when his grades dropped to F he dropped out completely or was forced to go? Some sort of concequence but alas nothing :disappointed:

So now my teenage sims has grown up there is nothing different about him compared to all other sims especially as he has no memories so can't even remember failing school. I've even got him a job!

I feel deflated that nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?? What do you think?
      • Options
        meme009meme009 Posts: 46 Member
        edited November 2017

I rarely post on the forums so hope I am posting on the right section. But after FINALLY installing my game after 2 years of it gathering dust, as I was going to sell it I have to say I am somewhat disappointed. I only installed because of the toddler patch which in my opinion is a great addition but should have been added right from the start, and while fleshed out and cute as heck they are the least of the game's issues.

The cons (some of them)

1. Lack of awareness as sims can shower and use the toilet in front of others without embarrassment.

2. Ultra speed is too slow making the game unplayable for me as actions take too long to complete and the game gets boring

3. Please fix the 'baby care issue' as sims should wake up to a crying baby that's sleeping right next to them and take PROPER care of it!

4. Sims should not be able to sleep through various situations like a radio playing at full blast.

5. There are other actions in this game annoy that me, for instance a sim prioritising hygiene over bladder, then having a bladder fail and taking another shower or a starving Sim in the middle of cooking cancelling the cooking action to take a bath 'smarter' they are not!

Post edited by meme009 on
      • Options
        MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
        121Amy wrote: »

I have made a family in which their life is not a happy straight forward ride. The mum and dad are always arguing (only for a few moment because of the silly moods spoiling the drama but that's not what I'm posting for so I'll carry on) which has ment their first child became an angry and self dependent. This child never went to school all through his childhood and teenage years.

Now this is where my issue starts. There are no real concequences for not going to school!
        Ok so his headteacher rang and his grades dropped but once he got to an F as a teenager it just stopped there :neutral: I feel this lacks any type of story progression :( I really wanted something to happen.

I was expecting as a child for his parents to get a warning like in the sims 2 from social services or as a teenager when his grades dropped to F he dropped out completely or was forced to go? Some sort of concequence but alas nothing :disappointed:

So now my teenage sims has grown up there is nothing different about him compared to all other sims especially as he has no memories so can't even remember failing school. I've even got him a job!

I feel deflated that nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?? What do you think?

Sadly your experience is "normal" I too wish there was consequences in game for failing school. The kids should care and if they don't their parents definitely would. My teenager in sims 3 autonomously skipped school and his mum grounded him!
      • Options
        DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
        edited January 2017
        Teens in TS2 had a concequence of their teacher (or was it their principle?) reporting to the boss that the teen's works in part-time job, with a risk of getting fired if (s)he didn't improve his/her grades.
        NNpYlHF.jpg
      • Options
        hcn207hcn207 Posts: 5 New Member
        The Vampire gameplay in the new game pack is a little frustrating around the Thirst motive. I find that eating the plasma fruit salad (the only cooking option) does not fill it up enough. You usually also have to consume two or three plasma packs. This makes taking the Insatiable Thirst or Sloppy Drinker weaknesses really unviable. I think eating one meal should bring about half of the motive back, rather than the 1/5 to 1/4 it currently does considering the time investment.
      • Options
        MarlaMarla Posts: 20 New Member
        I miss the Sims being able to give each other gifts... n I also miss them being able to call up a specific household n invite over anyone in that household... weather they knew all the members or not... these are things u could do in the Sims 2...When u are looking thru hosehold management How are u supposed to tell if a Sim is a young adult or adult w/o going into each house? I find that irritating... I don't see how come u can't tell how old ur ppl are w/o going into the house... It would help me decide which house to play before someone dies... It should give thier age next to thier name in house hold management... Just my suggestion
      • Options
        MarinaAndThePlumbobsMarinaAndThePlumbobs Posts: 6 New Member
        I feel I need to make a whole thread about the lack of a Fear emotion, especially with the new Vampire game pack.

Why is it when these mortal sims see someone turn into a terrifying dark form Shapeshift into a Bat, they don't seem at all phased by it?

I two vampires fighting around some people, and literally nobody stopped eating there hotdogs and every sim still had a smile on there face - while two immortal beings are being flung around in the air. Normal Sims need to react to vampires being vampires, by rather freaking out, running away or passing out like the Sims 3 did when people would see Werewolves transform unless they know the existence of vampires.

It is ironic how Sims will complain about being the slightest bit hungry, but when they see a vampire turn into a bat or levitate with Dark Meditation they honestly couldn't care any less. Even horror shows on the TV and Monsters under kids beds don't make Sims afraid, yet there is a friendly interaction that says "Confess Fear of Vampires" which literally does nothing - so why include it?

I am also annoyed that for those whom don't want to hypnotize Sims for a deep drink all the time, I always have to have my Vampire sim "Ask for Permission to Drink" which only gives a small tier/experience wrist drink. Where is the options for "Ask for Permission to Deep Drink" or mortal sims to "Offer Wrist", "Offer Neck" or "Offer Deep Drink"? Speaking of that, why is it that when Sims are drained they pass out but you can't pick them up? I drank from a sim and he passed out in front of a door and I had to wait for him to wake up because you can't carry passed out sims to a bed or a couch!? Shouldn't that be in base game already?

I also miss the Mysterious side of vampires, like in Sims 3 nobody knew they existed unless you did the interaction "Confess to being a Vampire" in which case the Question Vampire interactions were unlocked for mortal sims. There is no "Confess to being a Vampire" option, so I guess everyone just knows they exist.

The game-pack has cool Build/Buy items but it is clear that they didn't spend too much time fleshing out Vampires any more than the abilities, I'm kinda underwhelmed and hope that a free 'patch' for Vampires and base game will add fear and more dialogue options for Vampire and Mortal sims alike (specifically asking permission for different kinds of drinks and offering vampires drinks if your relationship is high enough).

Please update this game-pack, I can't wait until Sims 4 Supernatural for this stuff to get fixed, because who knows when that will be?
      • Options
        alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
        121Amy wrote: »

I once got my child sim taken away by the social service worker because they had failing grades. However, there aren't any consequences to bad grades when it comes to teenagers. This game desperately needs fleshed out child/teen gameplay. We really need a Generations game pack to fill in all the gaps! We definitely need more negative consequences to balance things out.
      • Options
        ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
        edited January 2017
        Enjoying the toddlers, and have invested in a few new packs since they were returned. However, the tent and restroom in OR need tweaking to allow toddlers to sleep and be washed (they can't be bathed without a tub, but mom or dad should at least be able to stand the tyke under the water and add a little soap!). And there needs to be either potty option in the restroom or a potty added to the supply store; the latter would probably be more sensible, as it's unlikely Timmy would say 'Needa potty!' in time to hustle halfway across the campgrounds, so setting one in the campsite would be more realistic.

I had to learn how to add buy items to an active lot to avoid cancelling the vacation.