Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay, you listened to the "toddlers" crowd, now how about us builders?

As the title says! When are builders going to be shown "a little love ". Obviously, new tools will have to be added through a patch, just like toddlers. Will we ever see a patch with all of the missing tools we have become accustomed to in previous iterations?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I'm sure they'll add in a lot of the build mode features over time as they have done with previous iterations in the series.

However, there is an elephant in the yard... terrain tools. These surely have to be added via a patch if they are ever to be added. I'm not sure that they will however.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The Sims 4 has build tools that will never come to TS3 or 2. In TS4 you can create builds you simply woudn't be able to replicate in the other games. I know the same is true for the other games too, but builders in the gallery have created amazing builds that I bet a lot of TS3 builders wouldn't even be able to imagine themselves. TS4 is not "bad for builders". I'm sure a lot of TS4 builders can't come back to the other games because they are very limited in some ways. I understand wanting more features in TS4's build mode, but TS3's is very limited and outdated too.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Depends... I mean CAW and open world won't happen, I don't think the engine will support that. I think terrain tools will be possible though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah, open world will not happen. The whole game would have to change. Terrain tools, CASt and color wheel probably could happen, but I doubt it's a priority for them. People haven't been requesting those things nearly as much as toddlers. And I think the build mode in TS4 is amazing and better and more versatile then in the previous games.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Well said Ehaught! I'm really glad they've added toddlers and put a lot of thought into how to integrate them into the gameplay, great stuff! Now I would be over the moon if they would reintroduce CASt, or even the colour wheel to build mode (and create-a-sim while they're at it). I don't enjoy building and decorating rooms now just because of the lack of those features, would be great to get back into that!
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    CAW could happen but Open World would require a game code re-write.
    jr73Y.gif

Corwim wrote: »
    Well said Ehaught! I'm really glad they've added toddlers and put a lot of thought into how to integrate them into the gameplay, great stuff! Now I would be over the moon if they would reintroduce CASt, or even the colour wheel to build mode (and create-a-sim while they're at it). I don't enjoy building and decorating rooms now just because of the lack of those features, would be great to get back into that!

Maybe a color wheel not sure about CASt
    21mbz47.jpg
    Orchid13 wrote: »

They would need to add Custom-Colour channels to everything. It would be more simple if they released Object-Modification programs like the ones we had with Thesims2 so we could make our own recolours and re-import then to the game.
    jr73Y.gif

v12creator wrote: »

They would need to add Custom-Colour channels to everything. It would be more simple if they released Object-Modification programs like the ones we had with Thesims2 so we could make our own recolours and re-import then to the game.

Yeah. I don't mind it anymore, not in CAS cause the developers fashion taste has improved greatly, in ts3 it was awful. It does bother me a bit for furniture , but I'm CC obssesed so that helps, but I wouldn't mind a color wheel
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    Ya know, I'd just be happy if they gave us circular and angular stairs..... For a long time I've thought that a terrain tool probably wasn't going to happen with the current platform so I gave up hoping for that. :(
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member

Anything that'll let me adjust some of the colours! :) I just hate that nothing matches in this game unless it comes from the same set.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    As the title says! When are builders going to be shown "a little love ". Obviously, new tools will have to be added through a patch, just like toddlers. Will we ever see a patch with all of the missing tools we have become accustomed to in previous iterations?

May the force be with you. I didn't think we had any 'force' left. Hope we get some new tools, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    A color wheel would be nice. I know they won't go full scale style creator like 3, but a color wheel would be fine at least.
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    I'm a builder, it's really "my deal" but I'm okay for today. I want the people who've been waiting so long and the Maxis team who have been working so long to just have this moment. I think they deserve it and I can start back in on build issues next week. Just my opinion.
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I understand that new comers to the Sims and veterans of the franchise that have never truly delved in building before, but have done so in the Sims 4, may not truly understand us hardcore builders who have been into building since the beginning. There are tools that we have learned to expect to be in every version of the Sims. Terrain tools is just one example.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • helblichhelblich Posts: 12 New Member
    We need terrain tools!
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I understand that new comers to the Sims and veterans of the franchise that have never truly delved in building before, but have done so in the Sims 4, may not truly understand us hardcore builders who have been into building since the beginning. There are tools that we have learned to expect to be in every version of the Sims. Terrain tools is just one example.

What are some of the other ones? I played all of the sims games, but I really can't remember right now.

What are some of the other ones? I played all of the sims games, but I really can't remember right now.

.Spiral Stairs
    .Custom Apartments
    .Infinite floors cheat
    .Functional Garage (Kinda pointless in this game)
    .Greenhouses (Would need seasons EP)

Dont know, there are probably more, but Terrain is likely the most important.
    jr73Y.gif

• LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Give it time, i think todays patch was extremely encouraging! I have hope for things like terrain tools more so now than ever before.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
    LunaNova wrote: »
    Give it time, i think todays patch was extremely encouraging! I have hope for things like terrain tools more so now than ever before.

If not now, then with Thesims5. Sugestions and feedback given now will help the devs decide what to include in the next installment for better or for worse, fact often overlooked by fans who are too happy with their games and will be ran-over by the sequel and the people who supported it. Like i was with Thesims3, like Thesims3 fans were with Thesims4..Dont let the series run you over, Maybe Thesims5 could be both a great people simulation and Builder paradise.
    jr73Y.gif

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Thrown a CAW tool and make the game an Open World and you might just be able to sway me. Of course the builders have also been waiting around for something so hopefully the building community will be the next group to get something exciting :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

.Spiral Stairs
    .Custom Apartments
    .Infinite floors cheat
    .Functional Garage (Kinda pointless in this game)
    .Greenhouses (Would need seasons EP)

Dont know, there are probably more, but Terrain is likely the most important.

Oh, those are things that always came in expansions, so we'll probably get them :)