March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think the TS4 vampires look cheesy and cheap from the trailers and such. If anything apart from more family stuff could have swayed me into considering TS4 it would probably have been vampires. As they stand... they don't look frightening, charismatic or menacing, they just look ....mediocre.
    Despite all the "hype" over "powers" and such, they still look plastic and low grade. Which means they'll fit in well with the game I expect.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    You can have children vampires, they won't have the powers, but still the look of a vampire, I think it's cute !

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    You can have children vampires, they won't have the powers, but still the look of a vampire, I think it's cute !

So, basically, more stuff to just sit there and *look at*

No powers to play with, no flying vampire children. No nothing.

Sorry, but that's just not good enough. You might want to settle, but I don't.

@NZSimmer and @Evil_One you guys make me giggle. But you're both right. It's all just *looks*

/sigh I'm wondering if I should just cut ties with this game for good, and just take the risk that TS4 is it for The Sims?

--T
  • CarpeNoctemSimsCarpeNoctemSims Posts: 328 Member
    Hi!

I've noticed that either TS4 is copying Sims Free Play or the other way around. Toddlers in SFP are my favorite age. In SFP, it is the infants who crawl. The parents still have to feed them and bathe them. However, since they're a little older that means they can do so much more. They have skills, hobbies, and a ton of stuff. The most important thing is that they are aware of their environment and interact fully with it. They interact with other sims, their pets, their objects. They're not just dolls like in TS3 (I really didn't like toddlers in TS3 and aged them up right away. I owned everything and all the store but I still didn't like them).

Anyways, I would be more than happy if TS4 toddlers were modeled after the ones in SFP.

I haven't given up hope that toddlers will be added to TS4. Here are some screens of the SFP ones and what I hope that TS4 ones are like but better!

I imagine from reading your comments that TS2 toddlers were more like these? I don't have any screens of it but the parents can cuddle with the toddlers. They don't carry them but they pick them up and toss them in the air and cuddle them.

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko10_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko1_1280.jpg

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Hi!

I've noticed that either TS4 is copying Sims Free Play or the other way around. Toddlers in SFP are my favorite age. In SFP, it is the infants who crawl. The parents still have to feed them and bathe them. However, since they're a little older that means they can do so much more. They have skills, hobbies, and a ton of stuff. The most important thing is that they are aware of their environment and interact fully with it. They interact with other sims, their pets, their objects. They're not just dolls like in TS3 (I really didn't like toddlers in TS3 and aged them up right away. I owned everything and all the store but I still didn't like them).

Anyways, I would be more than happy if TS4 toddlers were modeled after the ones in SFP.

I haven't given up hope that toddlers will be added to TS4. Here are some screens of the SFP ones and what I hope that TS4 ones are like but better!

I imagine from reading your comments that TS2 toddlers were more like these? I don't have any screens of it but the parents can cuddle with the toddlers. They don't carry them but they pick them up and toss them in the air and cuddle them.

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko3_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko4_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko7_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko10_1280.jpg

tumblr_ojnpurCPzu1vz70oko1_1280.jpg

The sims 2 toddlers weren't really like tjoes ? As in we never could put them on the swing , or hd a play house.
    Sims 3 toddlers you can toss them in the air, cuddle , and attack with the claw.
    To7m wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »

So, basically, more stuff to just sit there and *look at*

No powers to play with, no flying vampire children. No nothing.

Sorry, but that's just not good enough. You might want to settle, but I don't.

@NZSimmer and @Evil_One you guys make me giggle. But you're both right. It's all just *looks*

/sigh I'm wondering if I should just cut ties with this game for good, and just take the risk that TS4 is it for The Sims?

--T

To be fair sims 3 vampire kids were almost the same .Instead of having powers , the only thing they had was speed up skills .( That was handy with homework). I which they had they can learn their skills faster here too. I'll buy the pack,because its worth 20.00 dollars in my book.
  • NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    edited January 2017
    That's awesome!!! Oh my gosh I'm so happy! ;)

I feel like I'm gonna burst from happiness!! Ahhh!! Finally!! :):smiley:
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I am sooooooooooo excited right now. This is awmazing lol.

Ok, Origin, HURRY UP
    Cries for eternity
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    You guys!!!
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!

OMG you guys!!!! I'm sooooooo excited!!!! Thank you Sims!!!! You have no idea how much this really means to us family players!!!! I'm off to play right now!!!! <3:D
    I honestly don't know how to process this news. If it is true. I am buying the rest of the content I am missing tomorrow!

Pinch me please.

--T
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I honestly don't know how to process this news. If it is true. I am buying the rest of the content I am missing tomorrow!

Pinch me please.

--T

It is you can download the patch right now. I can't breathe lol. Well yes I can but 🐸🐸🐸🐸. And you can get vamps!!!! :D
  • Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    YAY! So happy this is happening! I'm crying right now! They look amazing!!!!! <3
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I am so happy guys! But nervous! I don't know how to feel because of the months of torture waiting and hoping. And for some reason I still feel like something is wrong. I guess I have to open my game and see, but I'm scared I will be right.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    What do you know... dreams do come true. I am so excited congratulations everyone.
    I am not at home for two months so won't be until then as I do not have that PC with me.

Can somebody please inbox me or write here a Denver review. This is make or break for me so I want to be sure they are worth it. If they are rubbish I want to know so I can delete this game from my life forever or start to play for real.

--T
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    I am not at home for two months so won't be until then as I do not have that PC with me.

Can somebody please inbox me or write here a Denver review. This is make or break for me so I want to be sure they are worth it. If they are rubbish I want to know so I can delete this game from my life forever or start to play for real.

--T

Yes for me too. Because I can't even open my game. So can someone make a review. I'm so nervous. I'm about to cry.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top