Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

5 lots? This must be a joke.

Comments

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    If you think about it, if vampires were included in City Living like most people hoped for you would be missing out since you only would have got San Myshuno and not those 5 extra gothic themed lots. I think it's a win win situation.

Yup I agree, that those of us who Luv Vampires would of missed out if they added them to CL, so I for one am very happy we got them this way, :)
  • sheronparrissheronparris Posts: 64 Member

Yup I agree, that those of us who Luv Vampires would of missed out if they added them to CL, so I for one am very happy we got them this way, :)

I'm so excited to finally have a vampire pack, no matter if it's a game or expansion pack. These vampires are already miles better than the vamps from Sims 3, even after Supernatural was introduced.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I was expecting no world when I first heard about a Vampire GP.

Then when they found game code suggesting a new world, I imagined it would be somewhere like Sixam, or a vacation destination. With only 3 lots.

Now to find out I not only get a gothic world, its residential and I have 5 lots. I'm impressed.

Like Monty said, if they'd shoved Vampires in with City Living or Get Together, we'd have no new Vampire world at all.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Just to be entirely correct... it is not a new world... it is a new neighborhood consisting of 5 residential lots.

(Worlds usually have 5 neighborhoods)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I also think it's important to add, we don't have CAW in Sims 4.
    So we have to deal with the worlds we're given.
    That's why it's important to have different and atmospheric worlds given to us in EPs, for story-tellers.
    They could just shove in a whole bunch of worlds like Newcrest, carbon copies of each other.
    So I'm thankful for a gothic style world, even if it is small.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is a special place where it remains darker longer or gets dark earlier. Vampires need that for cover, and the atmosphere is special/aura whatever...I think it's very special to the vampire kingdom. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    5-6 lots (that is if the park can be edited) is perfect for a game pack. Must I remind you that an EP came with a neighborhood with ONLY 4 lots? AN EP, now that was inexcusable.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not really disappointed in five lots it's just a GP and I used to pay close to twenty dollars for a venue in the Sims 3 Store (that's it, a venue- lol)- I would have been happy to have an entire city set up like Hollow but as it is it strikes me as a small, isolated village (something we haven't had yet in game) and I'm going to design it so, maybe someplace that used to be bigger but over time shrank until it's just a few lots left around the plaza. Kinda reminds me of small towns in the rural Mid-West that literally have only four or five houses left and everything else has mostly been reclaimed by nature. One in particular that I pass often that has a church and three houses and nothing else to the eye to be seen, maybe a pile of rubble, used to have 10,000 people living there a hundred years ago! This neighborhood strikes me like that. Still, if the pack seems to not contain enough for you to buy it compared to other options for you to spend your money on then I wouldn't buy it.
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    In my opinion 5 lots is a fair amount, especially that the neighbourhood looks pretty amazing and has a really cool vibe. Sure, it would be awesome to have more lots, but I wouldn't really expect a bigger world from a GP.
    I have to say that 5 lots is too small. Outdoor Retreat spoilt us in many ways as it came with a fairly substantial world for a game pack in TS4. Only getting one neighborhood is disappointing even thought it looks fantastic. More is always better when it comes to space/lots/worlds. Always.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    In my opinion 5 lots is a fair amount, especially that the neighbourhood looks pretty amazing and has a really cool vibe. Sure, it would be awesome to have more lots, but I wouldn't really expect a bigger world from a GP.

Why? OR was much, much larger. Not only in amount of lots but also in the space our sims can actually walk around freely in.

Don't lower your expectations or we will end up getting nothing! It's important as fans we give our feedback and stop this 'grateful to get anything' approach. We pay for the content... let's get as much value for our buck as possible.

• jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2017
    5-6 lots (that is if the park can be edited) is perfect for a game pack. Must I remind you that an EP came with a neighborhood with ONLY 4 lots? AN EP, now that was inexcusable.

It came with 4 Neighborhoods, though. The two workplace hoods + Sixam.
    If they had shown up on the map, no one would have cared, lmao.
  • ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Why? OR was much, much larger. Not only in amount of lots but also in the space our sims can actually walk around freely in.

Don't lower your expectations or we will end up getting nothing! It's important as fans we give our feedback and stop this 'grateful to get anything' approach. We pay for the content... let's get as much value for our buck as possible.

First, none of us have gotten to walk around the neighborhood, we don't know how big it is. Second, how can you even think of lowered expectations when we just saw a trailer of perhaps the most creative content in this game to date. It's twenty bucks, how many movies do you go see, as this is much more bang for the buck.

edited January 2017
    Valmion wrote: »

First, none of us have gotten to walk around the neighborhood, we don't know how big it is. Second, how can you even think of lowered expectations when we just saw a trailer of perhaps the most creative content in this game to date. It's twenty bucks, how many movies do you go see, as this is much more bang for the buck.

You misunderstand me... I am not commenting on the standard of the pack... it looks to be great.

I am, however, talking about the size we can expect from a Game Pack. it is obvious that OR shipped with far more space. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this.

Less of the defensive knee-jerk reactionism and more of the thoughtful consideration of a fellow simmers concerns for the expectations to be held high to keep EA accountable for providing a value-for money gaming experience.

(*also it is $40 bucks where I live and I don't go to movies as I prefer to spend my time playing games. Funny how when you jump to conclusions they are usually incorrect *shrug*)

• LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    I think a vampires expansion pack would have been cool too.

Either way I like it.
    sims-baby.jpg
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @NZsimm3r wrote: »

You misunderstand me... I am not commenting on the standard of the pack... it looks to be great.

I am, however, talking about the size we can expect from a Game Pack. it is obvious that OR shipped with far more space. It does not take a rocket scientist to see this.

Less of the defensive knee-jerk reactionism and more of the thoughtful consideration of a fellow simmers concerns for the expectations to be held high to keep EA accountable for providing a value-for money gaming experience.

The main focus of OR was the world, though.
    The main focus of this is the Vampires.

It's a little different :p
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @NZsimm3r wrote: »

The main focus of OR was the world, though.
    The main focus of this is the Vampires.

It's a little different :p

This is true but the principal stands. Gamers need to stand united, not apart and we always need to push the game producers to give us more for our money rather than less. :)

• MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member

I'm not really 'grateful to get anything'... I much prefer to have a pretty and atmospheric neighborhood than something that is just... big. It's 'quality over quantity' for me. I'm not a fsn of OR as it feels empty to me. Yeah, the world is pretty big, but there is nothing to do there really. My sims go to Granite Falls very rarely, since it's just boring to me. It's nice to have a vacation option, but I don't have much use of it in my game.
    I can't really tell before I play Vampire GP, but it seems pretty interesting and it seems to add lots of gameplay, stuff, plus - new world, which looks amazing to me so far. So I don't mind the world not being the biggest ever.
    Maybe I'm a bit biased since vampires will probably never be the main and most important part of my game.
    edited January 2017

I'm not really 'grateful to get anything'... I much prefer to have a pretty and atmospheric neighborhood than something that is just... big. It's 'quality over quantity' for me. I'm not a fsn of OR as it feels empty to me. Yeah, the world is pretty big, but there is nothing to do there really. My sims go to Granite Falls very rarely, since it's just boring to me. It's nice to have a vacation option, but I don't have much use of it in my game.
    I can't really tell before I play Vampire GP, but it seems pretty interesting and it seems to add lots of gameplay, stuff, plus - new world, which looks amazing to me so far. So I don't mind the world not being the biggest ever.
    Maybe I'm a bit biased since vampires will probably never be the main and most important part of my game.

I'm not after 'the biggest ever' I'm after...raising simmers awareness of not settling for less. EA will make money cuts wherever possible as that is their responsibility to the share holders...

As gamers, we need to always push for more... and quality. Not one at the expense of the other.

• MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Come on, the world looks big and wonderful.

this must be another joke

Now you are just being rude

I am sorry. that's not my intention. I'm just tired of seeing devs just ignoring everything we ask and all the massive fails this game has

Speak for yourself. It is not a massive fail in my eyes or that of others. I prefer Sims 4 and the way it is constructed. And I take a small functioning world over something like Bridgeport or IP any day.
    [/quote]

(*also it is $40 bucks where I live and I don't go to movies as I prefer to spend my time playing games. Funny how when you jump to conclusions they are usually incorrect *shrug*)[/quote]

Where you live, Origin pricing is different, okay, your teaching me something new. Yet, my comment was no knee jerk reaction, I did state that this is, in my opinion, the most creative content for this game to date. So you should assume, easy to do, that I feel I am getting a value for my money. Your posts seem to focus on the attack, first at EA to insure accountability, then myself for having a differing opinion to yours. I did not say you should quit going to movies, I asked a question, how many do you go to, as this was more bang for the buck. It was a comparison, simple as that.

• klovesjenklovesjen Posts: 361 Member
    I was quite disappointed when I read about the "world" being one block with 5 lots. That is not a world. It is a street. Being able to see a fake world you can't actually do much with doesn't count to me. It's like rolling in a pretty backdrop behind the one usable street. It seems you likely can't actually go to or use most of what you see in the background.

However, the Sims 4 worlds are just not the same, they are not very reminiscent of Sim City where you can build your own city. The Sims originally seemed a way you could not only build a city, you could then play with the people in the city. Now, we have Sims with the emotional depth and sense of robots, and we cannot even design our cities anymore. SO disappointing.

I feel like starting to work on a list of suggestions for Sims 5, because Sims 4 is just so fundamentally different I doubt it will ever become what I want it to. It feels like a tablet game. A street with 5 lots? That sounds great... for a tablet game.

I play Sims 2 and 3 and am immersed for hours. I play Sims 4 with brand new packs I've never played with and struggle to get involved in the game... the shallow robotic-ness and lack of feeling of a bustling sim city is very difficult to get past.

Just had a fight with your neighbour? Don't worry, your Sim will autonomously try to tell a joke immediately after your angry interactions, and wildly gesture in an exaggerated and irritating fashion. Then he will go and make some food and flail as he exaggeratedly scrapes at his pan.
    Exaggerated, robotic, flip on a dime emotions.. blah. Maybe the vampires system will be different. I wish they would rip out the emotional system and just use what worked, as in Sims 2 or Sims 3!

End of rant.
    edited January 2017
    @Valmion

Last reply to you as you again are missing my point.

In general.... not in specifics.... gamers need to always push the game designers for more content, better content, deeper game play content etc. if we (in general) settle for less... for smaller worlds, less game play, less aspirations, emotions whatever... then that will become the standard.

It is important for simmers to want more... always; and for that wanting to be reflected in our feedback.

My comment is no attack. Not on the Vamp Game Pack (which I have been waiting for since day one) nor on any singular individual. It is merely a post pointing out that pushing for more quality in games is an important part of feedback to game designers.

If you choose to see it as an 'argument' then that misconception is on you as that is not my intention at all.

*edited: side issue I always equate value for money with 'how many coffees'... to-date The Sims has always won out... but I will always push for more for less because as gamers we pay a lot of money into our hobby.

@Valmion

Last reply to you as you again are missing my point.

In general.... not in specifics.... gamers need to always push the game designers for more content, better content, deeper game play content etc. if we (in general) settle for less... for smaller worlds, less game play, less aspirations, emotions whatever... then that will become the standard.

It is important for simmers to want more... always; and for that wanting to be reflected in our feedback.

My comment is no attack. Not on the Vamp Game Pack (which I have been waiting for since day one) nor on any singular individual. It is merely a post pointing out that pushing for more quality in games is an important part of feedback to game designers.

If you choose to see it as an 'argument' then that misconception is on you as that is not my intention at all.

*edited: side issue I always equate value for money with 'how many coffees'... to-date The Sims has always won out... but I will always push for more for less because as gamers we pay a lot of money into our hobby.

No argument at all, the worst thing about forums, you never hear the "tone" of the conversation. We both made our points, carry on good sir :)

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Back in the days before TS3 launched seems to me I fought off hordes of TS2 fans who "fought the power"

Down with Rabbit Holes!
    Down With Story progression and the demise of rotational play!
    Down with RPG game play!
    Down with the pudding face!
    Down with the Store!

They were extremely concerned about the future of the franchise.
    Maybe EA listened? Just sayin' B)