Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the game work on windows 10?

I wanna switch computers , but now they are selling many games with windows 10, is it compatible?

Thanks!
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Absolutely :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :)
    Yes, Sims 4 works with windows 10. There are many simmers who play the game with windows 10 as their operating system.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Thank you, both of you! Cause I was looking and there are only windows 10 gaming computers
    21mbz47.jpg
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Thank you, both of you! Cause I was looking and there are only windows 10 gaming computers

If you need help finding a computer we can help you.We would need your country, price range, If you are looking for desktop or laptop and what games you intend on playing if more than the sims

If you need help finding a computer we can help you.We would need your country, price range, If you are looking for desktop or laptop and what games you intend on playing if more than the sims

Just sims... I was thinking of a msi... heard they are pretty good

I would also like to maybe reinstall ts3 as well I use tons of cc though
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    There are plenty of sites that sell gaming computers without any installed OS.
    edited January 2017

If your going to play sims 3, I recommend getting a larger SSD. The game loads so much better on SSD. Depending on your budget, you should go custom if you can. It's so much better to pick out your own hardware than off the shelf. Whats your budget and what country? When you stated MSI you want a laptop not desktop? Desktop is better

If your going to play sims 3, I recommend getting a larger SSD. The game loads so much better on SSD. Depending on your budget, you should go custom if you can. It's so much better to pick out your own hardware than off the shelf. Whats your budget and what country? When you stated MSI you want a laptop not desktop? Desktop is better

Yeah I've been told desktop is better :/ but laptops are easier to have cause you can just move them around. Does the sims really need a desktop computer to run properly? What's ssd?

The budget is like 1000 bucks
    21mbz47.jpg
    Candyd wrote: »

I haven't seen any :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member

Maybe I can help you, or maybe not, it will depend on your country.
    If you want to find something, Linux gamer forums often have links where you can find computers that are sold without any OS installed. If ever I can't help you, it's the place where you can find anything you want.
    edited January 2017

Yeah I've been told desktop is better :/ but laptops are easier to have cause you can just move them around. Does the sims really need a desktop computer to run properly? What's ssd?

SSD is a type of hard drive. They are much faster than an hdd hard drive

Desktop is stronger for gaming. If you buy a good desktop with a roomy case and good cooling you can replace or upgrade hardware easily. Laptops are throwaways. You can't upgrade them. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If your hardware fails, and they no longer make your hardware you will wind up having to buy used hardware to fix it and I don't recommend doing that. They don't sell laptop hardware to the public. They do sell desktop hardware to the public. When you game on a laptop , you have to be plugged in so it's not that portable.

edited January 2017

If you want to find something, Linux gamer forums often have links where you can find computers that are sold without any OS installed. If ever I can't help you, it's the place where you can find anything you want.

We have computer build experts in this forum that help in tech all the time in helping people find computers. Yes you can buy custom desktop's without an OS. At this point it is not wise though because microsoft is pushing everyone to windows 10. They already stopped supporting some of windows 7 . The game runs fine on windows 10
    edited January 2017

I live in South America.

Desktop is stronger for gaming. If you buy a good desktop with a roomy case and good cooling you can replace or upgrade hardware easily. Laptops are throwaways. You can't upgrade them. You are stuck with the specs you buy. If your hardware fails, and they no longer make your hardware you will wind up having to buy used hardware to fix it and I don't recommend doing that. They don't sell laptop hardware to the public. They do sell desktop hardware to the public. When you game on a laptop , you have to be plugged in so it's not that portable.

Mmm well my brother in law did offer me building a computer for me... but they take up so much room lol... but I really don't want to end up with a broken computer... i do only intend to use it for the sims and i thought a gaming computer could do the trick for the sims :/ but if desktops are really so much better I guess I'll reconsider.
    21mbz47.jpg

I live in South America.

Mmm well my brother in law did offer me building a computer for me... but they take up so much room lol... but I really don't want to end up with a broken computer... i do only intend to use it for the sims and i thought a gaming computer could do the trick for the sims :/ but if desktops are really so much better I guess I'll reconsider.

@chesterbigbird is our build expert. She can help you find hardware if you want to build yourself or you can go with a custom company where you pick out your hardware and will build it for you. Chester can help you with that too

I live in South America.

@chesterbigbird is our build expert. She can help you find hardware if you want to build yourself or you can go with a custom company where you pick out your hardware and will build it for you. Chester can help you with that too

Thank you :)
    21mbz47.jpg

I live in South America.

Thank you :)

Your Very welcome.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    If you have someone willing to build u a pc.. do it.
    Its much cheaper. I can help you a little later today with parts ;)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

I mean my brother in law did tell me how much it would cost it wasn't such a big difference... but I didn't know the sims needed such a good computer. So I will really consider a desktop if you guys advice it.
    21mbz47.jpg

I mean my brother in law did tell me how much it would cost it wasn't such a big difference... but I didn't know the sims needed such a good computer. So I will really consider a desktop if you guys advice it.

I think you should go for desktop and get a 1tb hard drive as a second hard drive and get a 500 gb SSD for your main drive. You will be so thankful to play the sims 3 on an SSD hard drive. You will never want to go back to playing that game on an HDD hard drive . I have been playing that game on SSD for a few years and it is so much better. All the people in the sims 3 section that play on SSD will tell you that too

I think you should go for desktop and get a 1tb hard drive as a second hard drive and get a 500 gb SSD for your main drive. You will be so thankful to play the sims 3 on an SSD hard drive. You will never want to go back to playing that game on an HDD hard drive . I have been playing that game on SSD for a few years and it is so much better. All the people in the sims 3 section that play on SSD will tell you that too

Mmm this sounds so tempting hahaha
    21mbz47.jpg

Ask @sparkfairy1 she finally recently broke down and got an SSD and could not be happier :) I could never go back to playing TS3 on an HDD hard drive again. With SSD, you could have the largest save and it will load in 5 minutes or less . We will convince you to get an SSD for the sims 3 :p

Ask @sparkfairy1 she finally recently broke down and got an SSD and could not be happier :) I could never go back to playing TS3 on an HDD hard drive again. With SSD, you could have the largest save and it will load in 5 minutes or less . We will convince you to get an SSD for the sims 3 :p

The worst part is that I still have to wait to even get a computer, but in so anxious already!
    21mbz47.jpg

The worst part is that I still have to wait to even get a computer, but in so anxious already!

It's worth the wait if you get the right hardware and the game runs better in the end. You will see what I mean if you get that SSD for TS3. SSD does not really make a difference for TS4 so I would put that game on your second hard drive and make sure you dedicate your SSD to just TS3 and windows which will also boot much quicker

It's worth the wait if you get the right hardware and the game runs better in the end. You will see what I mean if you get that SSD for TS3. SSD does not really make a difference for TS4 so I would put that game on your second hard drive and make sure you dedicate your SSD to just TS3 and windows which will also boot much quicker

What do you mean a second hard drive ... sorry I feel so dumb for asking so much haha
    21mbz47.jpg