Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @lanlyn

that_there_was_an_awesome_post.jpg

Love it! :love:
    Thank you!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited January 2017
    Been fighting that migraine all day so haven't been in the game yet. Been mainly alternating between bed, low volume(or outright muted) anime, and the forums.
    About to go in-game though and see how far I can get the Tannerson family toward my goals for them.

To give an idea what I'm going for with Katya, in my stories in addition to a loving wife and mother she is also an expert cook and apothecary, as well as an expert in melee combat thanks to her father. So what she has been doing so far is working on her Gardening for ingredients, her Cooking for obvious reasons, and Alchemy for her apothecary skills, and as soon as she finishes mastering those she will be starting on her Martial Arts for melee combat, though obviously she doesn't have her signature twin poisoned daggers sheathed at the back of her belt as she does in the stories. She also just used a "Bottled Witches Brew" for the Elemental Magic she starts learning from her brother(who actually attended the University of Corran to learn to control his own) later in the stories, though while that will give her the Ice Blast and Fire Blast spells it will unfortunately never allow the summoning of Elementals like in the stories.

Her husband Bran is a dedicated sculptor in both stories and Sims 3, though in the Sims he also has some other skills his story version never even thought of developing.

Their daughter Karen is a precocious little girl who always wants to help out but causes chaos by experimenting with spells she doesn't completely understand after she spies on her mother's lessons to learn them. In Sims so far she has the right attitude but lacks the magic, though as soon as Katya finds another Moonstone for making another Bottled Witches Brew she will be gaining that.

In Sims 3 Katya's brother Theran kept wanting to become a Werewolf and I gave in rather than giving him Magic as his story counterpart has. On the plus side it kinda goes with his warrior aspects.
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited January 2017
    As promised, more pics of the dogs!
    Hard to get all four in one room at once for any decent amount of time, so I got them two by two.

Here is Dice (Penelope's original dog, who entered the game with her) and Cinder (who I added in later) and is his mate:
    Dice%20and%20Cinder.jpg

They had a litter of puppies a while back, three of them: Lucky, Splotches and Dottie.
    Five dogs were too much, so I later adopted out Dottie while she was still a puppy. Hopefully she ended up in a good home!

Here are Lucky and Splotches, brother and sister together:
    Lucky%20and%20Splotches.jpg

Identifying the dogs (they do have slightly different markings from customize color/coat, but it's easier to tell them apart quickly with their collars):
    Dice - blue collar
    Cinder - pink collar
    Lucky - red collar
    Splotches - lavender collar

And back to the family!

Jason Michael's nursery is decorated with a fish/ocean theme.
    And here he is playing with his little sharky!
    Sharky.jpg

Later, when he was put to bed, I caught him picking his nose!
    Nose%20picker.jpg

Oh, no, the claw!
    the%20claw.jpg

Afterwards, Penelope looks kind of bored...
    post-claw.jpg

Connor just looks a little confused... or maybe guilty?
    (And a better look at his mini makeover--new hairdo! I'm not sure if I like it or not yet...)
    Connor-eyeing.jpg

There will probably be a lot more like this, since my life span is set super epic, haha. Jason Michael will be toddler for quite a while yet.
    Soon, his parents will have to teach him to walk and talk and to use the potty. But for now, they are just enjoying him.
  • texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

I spent the weekend babysitting my grandkids at their house, so I didn't get much playing in. This update is mostly from Friday.

I have enclosed the pictures in a spoiler. There are 21 pictures.
    Sam Beckett called and asked Vallari out on a date. They met up about 11:00 PM and had a water balloon fight until 5:30 AM.
    p9GykBc.jpg

Betty Simovitch and Benjamin Schmidt have had a baby girl and named her Celina.
    JnlIRDX.jpg

It figures. I give Kenji a makeover and he and Emmaline break up!
    XEc9Qrd.jpg
    Keagan Rees purchased a bicycle.
    Lisa Dawnlight has sold her latest garden harvest.

Booker Singleton paid child support to Nicola Stanford for his son Trenton.
    WKpUI4y.jpg

Craig Clarson sold his produce at the grocery store and was harassed by the police for loitering.
    n1JtSGX.jpg

Vallari broke the kitchen sink and had to get her gold-digging hands dirty.
    WjaAMIB.jpg

I found Mark Woods hiding under the bushes on his laptop.
    RYK5sNk.jpg

Bradley Hanover-Wallis and Sam Beckett were seen hanging out together.
    KKRvknN.jpg

Hemera Fin was seen going to Sam Beckett's house.
    z7E9h65.jpg

Lexi Rykins and Craig Clarson are still together.
    oUytxhf.jpg

Mark Woods visited Cheri Nash and Lisa Dawnlight.
    3kIxt9f.jpg

Betty Simovitch has a new puppy named Tamsie.
    4TYW930.jpg

Keagan Rees was training Lexi Rykins at the fitness center.
    5R6z4SG.jpg

Mark and Cheri spend a lot of time together to get on the same notification twice!
    XxaUumF.jpg

Hailey Shepherd has apparently moved in with Al Calavicci and Sam Beckett. Al wasn't home, so she and Sam played chess.
    3c4Bgme.jpg

Hemera Fin was training Ross Preston-Burton at the fitness center.
    j6Mr0cA.jpg

Craven Lestat spent quite a bit of time before work talking to his pets.
    VJkF3lr.jpg
    QiwOwsZ.jpg
    b6p4VIn.jpg
    JN6QnML.jpg
    fCh5FWW.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    Great updates... :)

@lanlyn, great wedding that Sam and Emma had. And reading a book at a wedding sounds like something that I would but I have never done before...lol

@texansky, hehehe, my SS must had either been thinking about or talking about boxing... :p
  • chevronfoxchevronfox Posts: 81 Member
    I went back into Sims 4 to play Holly Conway a bit. I was satisfied with Sims 4 before I went back to play Sims 3, but now it's harder to get into. There's just so much it doesn't have, or at least it doesn't have it yet.

Holly's second child was born, a boy I used the randomizer to name Cesar. He grew to childhood and has been given the Creative trait--I really wish I could randomize that the same as you can in Sims 3.

If Holly means to have an affair with Chad Champion and have more kids, she'll need to hurry. Chad is now an elder, so there's not a lot of time left. Meanwhile, Niko is just as insecure about their relationship as ever, even though they've got two children.

I'm not sure if I want Remington or Cesar to be the heir of this, or if I want to try to get a girl and have a matriarchal lineage.

Not a whole lot happened in the game, and I'm already wanting to go back to Sims 3. But I'm going to keep going back to Sims 4--if for no other reason than sometimes you have to keep playing for the really great random events to happen. I really want to have as much fun with Sims 4 as I do with 3 and as I remember having with 2 (those speech bubbles in 2 were often a source of amusement on their own). I think a large part of it is simply lack of expansion content. Maybe as more game packs and expansions are added, it'll feel more fun too.

@Charlottesmom Really like the story. I need to pop in and see more of what people are up to. Everyone's so creative here!

I think I need to dust off my Photobucket account (if I can remember my password) so I can do screens of my Sims, although my homes etc. are nowhere near as polished as others I have seen on here. But at least I could share the glory that is Vincent--who sadly can't be the heir because technically he should be dead (and if he had died on the home lot he would be, but the game decided to be irritating about the university world).
  • mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    As soon as Gerold returns home he shows Katrina how much he missed her and they get started working on that family right away.

32198708195_b0e8eb0f0e.jpgtrying for baby

They spend a quiet and romantic night together and the next morning while Katrina is taking care of the garden, Gerold goes to a place that just opened up in town. It's called The Enchanting Creativity Center. It's still being worked on but enough of it is operational that they could open the doors. He heard that they had equipment he could use to cut the gems and smelt the ore he found while in China.

31357262604_30ea249095.jpgKatrina tending the garden

He found the gem cutting machine in the lower level. Everyone complained how loud the machine was but, Gerold was able to cut all of his gems. Plus he was able to keep the dust that was created.

31219882334_72a0eabb8a.jpgcutting gems

He then went outside to smelt the ore he had found.

32198713715_c573f9ddbc.jpgsmelting metal

Gerold returns home to help Katrina with the gardening. While he was gone Katrina discovered a Money tree seed. She is using bloom on it when Gerold returns from the center.

32160276866_6982e47a89.jpgKatrina using Bloom on a Money Tree

Gerold decides to help out by taking care of the bees

31357306244_399e70ea98.jpgBeekeeping

Aaaaaand gets attacked by the bees.

31359900734_7ee8097edc.jpgAttacked by bees

Later that day Katrina starts feeling sick. She assumes that it was something that she ate for lunch and doesn't think too much about it. (Poor thing I have never had a sim that had morning sickness as much as Katrina had. I was beginning to feel guilty for making them try for a baby)

31388512233_41ebfc99cf.jpgsick from uknown causes

Around the middle of the next day, Katrina, got the announcement that she was expecting. She immediatly went out to tell Gerold the good news.

32198700855_23b813306f.jpgWe're having a baby

Gerold looked so happy when Katrina gave him the news. :D
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @lanlyn Ooooo I LOVED the second update too! <3
    Do I sense that Emma and Sam tried for a baby when they got frisky? :tongue:
    (Yes, yes, yes!!!!)
    -Do you use pose player?

@texansky YEEEESSSSS! Me and Kenji broke up. Woot woot! :smiley:
    Hey @Hemera123 It looks like your SS wants to hook it up with Sam. (I mean, who could blame her? ;) )
    I take it you are a fan of Quantum Leap as well @texansky ? If you already answered that question to me in the past please forgive my "swiss cheese brain" at the moment...
    mycami21 wrote: »

Later that day Katrina starts feeling sick. She assumes that it was something that she ate for lunch and doesn't think too much about it. (Poor thing I have never had a sim that had morning sickness as much as Katrina had. I was beginning to feel guilty for making them try for a baby)

@mycami21 Lol, right!? :smiley: I've noticed some Sims get sicker than others during pregnancy. Just like in real life...I think that's kind of cool. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @junceda Silvia's house is beautiful! I love the sky in the second picture <3

@Charlottesmom I will definitely be installing Ambitions - I forgot how much I miss the trampoline! :p

@emorrill Thanks for the lovely comment :) I can assure you nothing had been going on because Jensen and Nathaniel were kept busy until after the kids left for school. I know my sims don't work "real" jobs but there is lots to be done in the house, like gardening and fishing for their food, tending the chickens, and prepping meals for future consumption. That's not to say that after the work is done, I don't let them do whatever they want for however long they want ;)
    I am using a Medieval English names in this game :)
    Glad you fixed your story - I really thought everyone could see Grim!

@lanlyn Sam and Emma look splendid in their wedding finery :) awwwww don't they look happy! :D Seeing everyone at the party was so much fun - even the late arrivals! Sam and Emma are totally into each other <3

@Cadh20000 Sorry about the migraine :( Hope you feel better soon! That's interesting background on your family! :)

@texansky I don't think emorril will mind too much about breaking up with Kenji ;) Congrats on the birth of Celina and Tamsi is adorable! Craven's pets are cute too :)
    Great update and I love how much you show of what the sims are up to :D

@chevronfox Your TS4 game sounds fun :) I can totally understand you wanting to keep giving it a shot - if I paid for a game I would want my money's worth too and you never know unless you try if there aren't aspects about the game that really are enjoyable :)

@mycami21 Lovely update! Congrats on the pregnancy :) Some sims do seem to get really sick and it sometimes varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. Most of Jensen's have been okay with only one dash to the bathroom, but a couple of his pregnancies had him dashing several times over the course of the pregnancy.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @emorrill I think I remember the song 'Shatter Me' from somewhere but I cannot remember where :smile:

@lanlyn Beautiful wedding pictures :smile:

@OriginalMara Nice pictures of the Dalmatians and the toddlers :smile:

@texansky Nice update :smile: I wonder why Craig got into trouble for loitering. I have never seen that happen in my game before :open_mouth:

@mycami21 Nice update to the story :smiley: Do you usually play with Supernaturals?

I woke up early today, it is freezing cold in this room so will be going back into my room to load The Sims before I start decorating again :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    While Jensen and Nathan were busy with the baby and Eda and Zac were off doing their own thing, I noticed that my gnome family had another baby! :)
    svt0ua.jpg
    Zac and Eda must have taken a break from each other because I found Zac critiquing my gnome family :)
    9puhxf.jpg

After I sent Zac home, I used edit town to move him into a new house big enough for Eda and a small family to start with. After Daw was born I used MC to move Eda in with Zac. A few hours later, I saw Jensen roll a wish to have a grandchild so I knew that Eda and Zac had married even though I didn't get a pop-up about it for a few hours.

While the house was peaceful, I got the boys started on skilling Daw.
    30vhx09.jpg
    1zyarf8.jpg
    The family came home from school, so skilling had to go on the back burner until after dinner.
    71qr6t.jpg
    I was so busy keeping tabs on the kids that I didn't get my usual poo face pic :(
    eafguc.jpg
    I sent Daw to the xylophone and let the boys take a small break. I saw them heading to the hot tub and didn't think much of it until I heard the baby chimes! :o As you can see, Nathaniel has his arm around Jensen so he is the one who instigated it! My auto romance mods don't include auto try for baby and my other mods are not set for that either but sometimes a determined sim will sneak one in. Usually it is if there is a family oriented sim or, as in Nathaniel's case, an ambitious one involved. I think the traits that would normally want to produce kids override my mod settings from time to time.
    2qa0ghc.jpg
    @Mikezumi Nice update :smile: Even the gnomes are having a family together? I never pay too much notice of them in my game but EA seem to have a thing for them lol

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited January 2017
    One of my Graduation Gnomes died :(
    175xdg.jpg
    After Nathaniel and Jensen finished in the hottub I sent them fishing - the last thing I needed was Jensen trying autonomously and having two pregnant males at once!
    30ji9z7.jpg
    Although the teens are rolling as many wishes for Daw as they did for Hamon, they are not acting on those wishes. When my households get too busy it seems to slow down autonomy. I mean, they keep doing things themselves but take longer breaks between actions.
    2ccmf5e.jpg
    Since it was Herry and Larkin's birthday and cakes take so long, I let them age up before dinner. First up Herry and the family all gathered around. You can't see Jensen, Hamon and Hob because they were in the alcove behind the camera.
    2rc7jb5.jpg
    He has an unusual face but, since this is a genetics game, I am just happy he is not a clone :)
    2hob6ag.jpg
    Next up was Larkin. The family didn't stick around for his age up but at least his twin did :)
    2nh14ao.jpg
    Like his brother, he has an unusual face. I am sure their looks will grow on me :)
    n48don.jpg
    This is not something you would hear me say often, but I miss Eda because the house is almost full of boys - poor Meggy is totally outnumbered!
    2lb1das.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 I think the gnomes having babies and dying came with Generations. It is a first for me! Thanks :)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @TadOlson Thanks :) Nice pics. When I am in build mode, I always toggle it to day so I can see what I am doing but the night pics look quite pretty :)

Oh you're kidding me, that's actually a thing? *facepalm* And here I've been fast-forwarding thru night-time sleep just so I can get back to daytime and build something new. Thank you for the tip!!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Cadh20000Cadh20000 Posts: 730 Member
    edited January 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Cadh20000 Sorry about the migraine :( Hope you feel better soon! That's interesting background on your family! :)

Thanks. Had the 2nd course of the botox injections for them a few days ago, a couple weeks late thanks to a winter storm forcing me to reschedule the appointment. They say it can take up to 3 courses before a patient starts noticing any real effect on the frequency or severity of their migraines from the treatment so it could be a few more months before I can tell how much they'll help.

I never did get in-game tonight, it decided to freeze at the last fraction of the loading bar(though Task Manager said the program was still responding) and after more than 1/2 an hour waiting I gave up and forced the game to shutdown. Ended up playing some "Kerbal Space Program" instead.

Sims 3 isn't really able to handle a semi-nomadic culture so far as I can determine so the Drecchanson and Tannerson families can't have quite the same background they do in the stories, but I can still have fun with them. :p

If I were to follow the stories completely faithfully Karen wouldn't have her twin little brothers, her parents would be running the trading post, the only fixed settlement belonging to their tribe, that connects their people with the neighboring country of Corran. Ellie would be sword-wielding Captain of the Corran Royal Guard, living in a large port city(sharing the name "Corran" with the country it is the capital of) with a heavily defended stone castle to keep safe, Theran would be a travelling warrior-mage known as a "Phoenix Warrior" combining the melee combat he grew up learning from his father with the Elemental Magic he learned at the University of Corran(which is where he and Ellie met) and there would be several different species that don't even appear in Sims, and the ones that do would have different forms and abilities than they do in the game.

Well, I'm off to try and get some sleep before daylight. Have a good night!
    My current Wishlist.
    My "Studio"

b736bb84-7241-48b2-94de-d977df09cdb3.png
    Sorry to see that one of the gnomes died :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @KevinL5275 Glad to have been of help ;) Sometimes obvious things are easy to miss :)

@Cadh20000 That's a long time to wait for relief! I hope the injections do the trick :)
    As for your game, even if things are not possible in the game the shortfall can be made up by our imaginations :)

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks :) I didn't realize they had short lives :(
    @Mikezumi Neither did I. I just occasionally seen a grave saying 'Mr Gnome will be greatly missed' or something
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    @Cadh20000 The botox injections really helped my brother with his migraines, he said he really started noticing the difference around his 4th or 5th time. His insurance no longer pays for it, so he's back to suffering through them. I really hope you get the results you want (need) and feel better soon. I just get them with the weather, I can't imagine having to deal with them all the time.
    Okay I found the courage to open the save again! With a weekend ahead of me and all those kids to amuse I was a little overwhelmed!

Here are closer looks at Larkin and Herry as teens. I get a Charlie Sheen vibe from Herry :)
    Herry
    wquetu.jpg
    Larkin
    anrcm.jpg

Hamon rolled a wish to visit the pool. I didn't want him going on his own so I sent Meggy with him. I sent Herry, Larkin and Jackin to the park.

This pretty girl (don't ask me her name as I can barely keep the names of my sim kids straight ;) ) aged up the same time as the boys. She was at the park so I had Herry introduce himself to her. Herry immediately rolled a wish to kiss her :)
    2jwgok.jpg
    Because I don't like to waste time, I had Herry try the heat of the moment kiss ... it went down like a lead balloon LOL I had him apologize afterward, but she was probably still sporting a creeped out moodlet :p
    2dhhb3s.jpg
    Larkin had been talking to Molly French and when he was finished, I had him introduce himself to the girl. He also rolled a wish to kiss her :/ What a dilemma! I will have to see who wants her the most!
    mws55f.jpg
    24ysjmt.jpg
    My camera then zoomed back home for Nathaniel's notice :)
    2i09dfc.jpg
    Since Hob had finished his painting around this time and the boys were finished with their chores, I sent them to the park as well. Jackin's fiance was there so I didn't have to worry about him :)
    fa0i1f.jpg
    Random shots from their morning at the park :D
    zwkcab.jpg
    zv7evc.jpg
    2nr1u77.jpg
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2017
    @bekkasan and @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for your comments. :)

@emorrill Great update. Can't blame Sam for being terrified and nauseated. I would be too if Grim suddenly appeared; especially if he was accompanied by that music, which always gives me the creeps. :#

@mycami21 Thanks for your comment. This is the first time I've used the Unstable trait. I think it's a bit glitchy because at one stage the game started removing traits instead of just replacing them. It did that 3 times in a row until she had just 2 traits. I edited her in CAS and put them back, and so far that hasn't reoccurred.
    - Poor Gerold, getting bitten by bees. :/ Did he forget to smoke the box first?

@lanlyn Yes, the idea is that the sims should be completely autonomous, but I do make them fix the plumbing if they break it. ;) Some activities seem to have more 'push' (pull?) than others, and some things they just won't do autonomously at all. Some of it also comes down to the traits (or combination of traits) the sims have. For example a Childish sim might spend all their time playing with the mirror and never do the activity at all.
    It's loosely based on this challenge (modthesims.info/t/442295) However, I have an eviction each week so it takes 7 sim weeks. I use money cheats to move each evicted sim into a nice starter home and also get them a job before they go.
    I have ageing switched off, but do have SP running on 'snail' speed so some of the evicted sims have married and started a family.
    - Great update on Sam and Emma's wedding. Looks like it got a bit wild later on (as often happens in RL) :D

@Mikezumi Larken and Herry appear to look quite like Jackin.
    LOL Herry trying the heat of the moment kiss. Maybe you need to check that girl's traits ;)

@Mikezumi It looks like Herry is making a name for himself around Sunset Valley. Romantic interactions never get rejected if a Sim has the Master of Seduction LTR but you would need a lot of points to get that one :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top