Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kat Silver "Multi-Simmer" Random Legacy

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2016
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    @Simasaurus09 Aw, Kat is so cute in your game (she is just so adorable in her singing outfit, too!)! ;) Once Kat gets a bit farther in her career, she’ll be rolling in money. Poor girl is just having a tough time right now. :(

Oohhh, going after Stiles! I can’t wait to see their baby.

Oh no! She’s had a fire. I’m starting to wonder if Kat just shouldn’t be cooking. My Kat, even at level 4 of cooking, burns the waffles the first time she cooks them every morning she cooks breakfast for her and Madison! Lol :D:D

Poor girl needs a message day at the spa and LOTS of beach time!

I’m really loving the makeover for Stiles! He looks so good!

$1,175 bills! O.O I will stop complaining about my Kat and Madison spending their money as fast as they make it now (I should look into that no free taxi mod and no free food from fridge. Sounds fun!).

Love the update! It’s so cool to see Kat living another, completely different life!

Life is too easy for sims! Gotta shake up their world every once in a while. Does Stiles have good genetics? I've never played with him before. Ha! That's funny to learn how poor of a cook she is in your game too. Maybe it would be safe to keep her away from the stove all though I could use the extra opportunities from the cooking skill. I'll link to those other mods once I find them.

Thanks and I'm glad you came up with this idea. It has been really fun! About to check out your blog.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Taxi Charge Mod (I use it on patch 1.69 and it works.)
    No Fridge Shopping
    Some others:
    Workout Costs Money
    No Free Work Performance
    No Free Quick Meals
    Cars-use-petrol System (I also use this one. It charges your sim for gas if they have a vehicle not including bikes of course.)
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Most people never see the repo man in this game.

I already did a thousand times, honestly. But that's just because I often forget to let my sims pay the bills. Once I can I let them buy the no bills LTR though, love that one.

I spend way too much time decorating my sims house so I avoid him at all cost. :D

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Simasaurus09 Aw, Kat is so cute in your game (she is just so adorable in her singing outfit, too!)! ;) Once Kat gets a bit farther in her career, she’ll be rolling in money. Poor girl is just having a tough time right now. :(

Oohhh, going after Stiles! I can’t wait to see their baby.

Oh no! She’s had a fire. I’m starting to wonder if Kat just shouldn’t be cooking. My Kat, even at level 4 of cooking, burns the waffles the first time she cooks them every morning she cooks breakfast for her and Madison! Lol :D:D

Poor girl needs a message day at the spa and LOTS of beach time!

I’m really loving the makeover for Stiles! He looks so good!

$1,175 bills! O.O I will stop complaining about my Kat and Madison spending their money as fast as they make it now (I should look into that no free taxi mod and no free food from fridge. Sounds fun!).

Love the update! It’s so cool to see Kat living another, completely different life!

Life is too easy for sims! Gotta shake up their world every once in a while. Does Stiles have good genetics? I've never played with him before. Ha! That's funny to learn how poor of a cook she is in your game too. Maybe it would be safe to keep her away from the stove all though I could use the extra opportunities from the cooking skill. I'll link to those other mods once I find them.

Thanks and I'm glad you came up with this idea. It has been really fun! About to check out your blog.

To be honest, I don't think I've ever had kids with Stiles. But I think they'll have cute kids. (Isn't there a genetic blending mod or something that makes the genes blend better? I might look into that.... wait... @Mikezumi might know. She plays with genetics a lot and I think I recall her mentioning that kind of mod).
    Taxi Charge Mod (I use it on patch 1.69 and it works.)
    No Fridge Shopping
    Some others:
    Workout Costs Money
    No Free Work Performance
    No Free Quick Meals
    Cars-use-petrol System (I also use this one. It charges your sim for gas if they have a vehicle not including bikes of course.)

I downloaded all but the no free work performance. Mainly cause I don't know how that works and if it makes gaining promotions harder, I can't have that in my Ultimate Sim Challenge. But thanks for all those links. I'm looking forward to having all the others in my game! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @ChelleJo I looked through Google trying to find out more about genetic altering mods but still wasn't sure where to look. I'd love to find out before Kats child. :) err maybe @igazor knows about mod settings to alter genetics? I'm mostly worried about getting clones of the parents.

The way I understand it is it kind of works similar to Sims 4... All skill requirements for work must be completed before the next promotion. By default, all you need to do is fill the progress bar with a good mood each time even if it's a slow climb without skill. For whatever reason I decided to do without it this time mainly because of normal lifespan all though I may just add it for this challenge after all.

Another mod I use makes pregnancy harder (increased negative moodlets and vomiting paired with a instant vomit mod). Not at my PC atm so this is all memory of what I have. Some really good simple mods out there to make the game that much harder.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi there. Don't seem to have the context for being paged up there but NRaas StoryProgression offers Advanced Genetics. It's switched on by default if you have the SP base, SP Extra, and SP Population modules and if you have SP's progression activated.

With all of that in place and Advanced Genetics switched on, the options you can control will show up on NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy.

If you still get an undesired clone of one parent or the other, the offspring can be put into MasterController's Play With Genetics function and the child sim's (of any age) genetics can be re-rolled a few times until you get what looks more like a proper blend.

Does any of this help or am I (not for the first time) answering all the wrong questions here? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor I think you covered what I was thinking. I thought the mod I'd heard about was an Nraas mod. I'll double check to make sure I have all modules installed (pretty sure I do). Thanks! :)

Also, Part 2 is live on the blog.

The girls add a family member to their house

Screenshot_155.jpg

A night on the town celebrating...

Screenshot_166.jpg

leads to a few sparks for Kat

Screenshot_167.jpg

Read the full update here. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @igazor Sorry, I kind of awkwardly tagged you here. :p Thanks for the help!

@ChelleJo Ah, I can't help but see my own kitty when I look at Loki. The girls are climbing that ladder pretty quickly. Kat looks great in her swim outfit. I was going to say she is becoming quite the golfer until I scrolled down. (haha) The celebration is well deserved.
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 :) Loki is very special to me, as he's modeled after my real life Loki. :)

I'm pushing them pretty hard with the careers. Work hard/crunch time everyday, completing any opportunities the get. I'm feeling the pressure of needing to buy three businesses but being no where near having the money for it (and yeah, I added all those mods earlier and now losing even more money. :D:D )

The girls had me cracking up when they were golfing. They took turns being bad and good at it. They were swinging nearly in unison, and one would be bad, the other good. Then the next time it was the exact opposite.

Them two were well on their way to becoming bar flies with how much they were out celebrating! :D Things are certainly changing for the girls these days.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo We both have some nerdy cats then. Mine is named Zelda. Three businesses? Dang, busy girls. Might be worth it to invest in a bar then. hehe
  • Options
    Stiles has been a great sport. He lets Kat practice her routines.
    31810107821_f24aee33db_o.png
    On a morning jog Kat found this uncommon turtle. Feel free to name him!
    31949015405_2b74df6eb7_o.png
    Maybe not the best idea to purchase a tank if you can't manage to pay bills. The repo man was on his way that very moment. Kat really wants some kind of pet right now so I gave in.
    31949017175_f16d684e1f_o.png

This where Fraps failed me and did not take screenshots. The repo man took the following: shower, couch, bike, TV, chair, rug, plant, lamp, clock, and the clothes line. The best part is Kat stood in the corner making boxing motions at the repo man while he literally cleaned house. Then she ran over and grabbed the turtle fearing he would be taken too.

Stiles learned to NOT poke the raccoon. This town only generates one so you can't blame him for getting excited to see one.
    31117563323_637f30c70e_o.png
    31779273922_33c9bb521f_o.png

Good news is they paid off the second bill. Around the same amount but Stiles has been busy with the telescope to earn money. He can't even build painting/sculpting skill right now because there is no money and we aren't allowed to build skill off the lot.
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    @Simasaurus09 Wow! I've never seen a repo man take that much stuff! Nice update!
  • Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    @Simasaurus09 Oh my goodness, my own kitten is named Zelda! what a coincidence :smile:

Great update though! Can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Chellejo Is that a zero slider sim with Kat? Kitty is adorable! I love cats and my last cat was ginger :)
    Stiles can make some nice looking kids - he actually looks good as a female - but since genes come from two sims unless they are clones it's always a mystery how they will turn out until they come ;)
    I see Igazor filled you in on the mods needed for genetics. That's pretty much my set-up too.

@Simasaurus09 Wow the repo man cleaned her out! Glad he didn't get the turtle! :) LOL at Stiles and the raccoon :p
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @Simasaurus09 How much is the turtle worth? If a lot, you could have sold it and bought a cheaper turtle in place. More money.
    Nice parts both! And it's indeed really funny how Kat (chellejo) and Madison are just friends immediately. I had it too though, not long ago. My sim getting to know Morgana Wolff, a few simdzys later they were married (and Morgana divorced from Thornton) like they just had to be together.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    So one Kat has a cat and the other a turtle :D Great updates, curious if Chellejo-Kat will meet that guy again...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

@Simasaurus09 Stiles seems like he’s going to be a good husband for Kat. :) Seriously, the only name that keeps popping in my head for your turtle is Spike Lee…. O.O feel free not to use it. LOL
    Cheese and Rice, the repo man cleaned Kat out! I’m glad they could pay the second bill, though!

@Mikezumi I think he is a zero slider sim. I really am not that great at making sims, male sims I'm even worse. So my sims usually end up hooking up with and having babies with regular townies. :( Yep, Igazor got me squared away. I had all the other modules, but SP Extra, but I have that one now, too.

p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Part 3 is up... the girl's are falling into a routine and we have TWO nightly visitors!

(Sorry the pictures are so dark. My lighting mod makes it pretty dark at night, but it's not so bad playing, just the pictures).

Screenshot_199.jpg

Visitor Number 2

Screenshot_230.jpg

Part 3: Nightly Visitor
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @ChelleJo I know @GaiaHypothesis has adskeehjel male sims.... ;) ...They're downloadable on her tumblr. Also cc and slider free. Maybe you can put some of them randomly into the town and see what happens?
    Spread over whole tumblr, there are also a lot of other hotties of course. I don't know if it's allowed, but if you just put them into the town and let them become a townie I guess it doesn't care. I mean, EVERYTHING is better than a pudding face :p

Nice part! Yes, they're indeed career girls. It brings money in of course.
  • Options
    @GITTE2001 Thank you! Hopefully she'll come share her link to her tumblr. I found her on the sims 3 gallery but her sims look to have cc skin on there.

Once I have my 3 kids for this generational goal, I'll put them on here and have a vote for next heir. Then we might need some woman instead, but I do have a couple woman in my CAS bin that I can use. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    http://gaiahypothesims.tumblr.com/SIMSDL

There are also women ;) and in general, there are a lot of sims downloadable on various tumblrs. I have some old children of legacy spare left somewhere, particularly women and they all look acceptable with quite interesting genetics (did she say about decendants of her own sims) but also some not-ugly male sims, and totally cc-free.
  • Options
    @GITTE2001 Thanks for that link. She has some very good looking sims! :) I've yet to learn the masters of tumblr. It's a bit confusing how to navigate that site. I've just got the hang of twitter. Seems to me, when I learn something, it then becomes out of date. :D:D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @GITTE2001 Thanks for that link. She has some very good looking sims! :) I've yet to learn the masters of tumblr. It's a bit confusing how to navigate that site. I've just got the hang of twitter. Seems to me, when I learn something, it then becomes out of date. :D:D

I'm quite active on tumblr and can easily direct you to some nice simblrs. So, if you have interest ;) it's a bit confusing at the beginnign but you'll find more and more amazing simblrs along the way.
  • Options
    You can PM me some simblrs (what is a simblr?) and I'll look them over. I generally click on the follow button on someone's tumblr, but to be honest, I have no clue what that really does or how to find their site/tumblr again. :(
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Yay, bring in the men!
    (I'm going to reread your part of the challenge, see what is to be expected ;))
    No abduction fortunately (for them :p ).
    5JZ57S6.png