Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the Sims 4 passed its prime?

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited December 2016
    Uzone27 wrote: »

OP I think people become accustomed to a certain way of going about things which makes it near impossible for them to move on.
    I doubt there is a single Simmer out there not dissapointed by at least one thing or another that Sims 4 brought to the table, it's just a matter of degree.

(True Story)

Consider for a moment that some of us do welcome change. Sims is not the only game I enjoy. In fact, Sims is the only simulation I play. I usually find them lackluster and not enjoyable for reasons I care not to get into.

Consider for a moment that the old is something we'd rather abandon, opposed to the new. I'm fairly sure a lot of complaints are not actually new to this iteration. They're actually compounded by years of disappointment throughout the iterations. Many were actually hoping for changes and progression. Many just can't articulate that aspect.

Consider that there were elements in S2 that some of us may have wanted to see abandoned all together, in favour of something new, despite that there were elements that held promise.

Consider the same for S3.

Now.

Consider that all the things some of us had hoped would become new actually didn't become new. Consider that nothing actually changed.

Consider that instead of progressing, we saw degression.

Consider that the biggest complaint wasn't actually for a remake, but for advancement.

Whew. That truly boggles the mind, don't it?

Truth is, there really is nothing new in S4. It's all the same wash, rinse, and repeat. In fact, it's even dumbed down.

(true story).
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

OP I think people become accustomed to a certain way of going about things which makes it near impossible for them to move on.
    I doubt there is a single Simmer out there not dissapointed by at least one thing or another that Sims 4 brought to the table, it's just a matter of degree.

(True Story)

Consider for a moment that some of us do welcome change. Sims is not the only game I enjoy. In fact, Sims is the only simulation I play. I usually find them lackluster and not enjoyable for reasons I care not to get into.

Consider for a moment that the old is something we'd rather abandon, opposed to the new. I'm fairly sure a lot of complaints are not actually new to this iteration. They're actually compounded by years of disappointment throughout the iterations. Many were actually hoping for changes and progression. Many just can't articulate that aspect.

Consider that there were elements in S2 that some of us may have wanted to see abandoned all together, in favour of something new, despite that there were elements that held promise.

Now.

Consider that all the things some of us had hoped would become new actually didn't become new. Consider that nothing actually changed.

Consider that the biggest complaint wasn't actually for a remake, but for advancement.

Truth is, there really is nothing new in S4. It's all the same wash, rinse, and repeat. In fact, it's even dumbed down.

(true story).

And it's a cool story too.
    But it wasn't meant for you.

It was meant to directly adress the reason I highly doubt the poster I quoted would ever see his vision of the game realized.
    edited December 2016

It was meant to directly adress the reason I highly doubt the poster I quoted would ever see his vision of the game realized.

Well, it may have not been meant for me, but you did post it for all to see. I simply felt it hit home somewhere for me and felt I could also contribute something for all to see.

Dismissiveness neither bothers nor deterrents me. It's the holidays. There are no hard feelings. I post simply what I think at the time. I have no need to dismiss anything.

Well, it may have not been meant for me, but you did post it for all to see. I simply felt it hit home somewhere for me and felt I could also contribute something for all to see.

Dismissiveness neither bothers nor deterrents me. It's the holidays. There are no hard feelings. I post simply what I think at the time. I have no need to dismiss anything.

I didn't dismiss you.
    I simply clarified the context of my statement for you.

Merry Christmas.

I didn't dismiss you.
    I simply clarified the context of my statement for you.

Merry Christmas.

And a Happy New Year!. :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I actually think The Sims hit it's prime part way through TS3 and started skating in the direction of superficial.

Sims 3 ruined the series, imo. Got rid of everything that was fun and quirky from 1 and 2 and went all serious. Definitely went in the wrong direction which s4 is following.
    It ruined the series for you, but not for a crowd of other people. Sorry but that is relevant. I'm still trying to figure out if the same goes for Sims 4.

You know how much I like 3 and but I have to agree....it started slipping during that version. All I have to do is look at things like when a TS2 Sim cooks they actually take ingredients out of a cupboard or they actually take a baby bottle out of the fridge....those animations are missing from 3. What has happened with 4 is that kind of thing was taken even further. They don't even really pick things when they harvest their gardens in 4.

I love to play TS3 but I did see so much missing from the animations that were in TS2. It just got worse for 4.
    I definitely think things started slipping during Sims 3. That's not the same as 'ruined' though. I don't bother with anything 'ruined', let alone get addicted to it. The fact you say you like 3 contradicts the 'ruined'-statement ;) I must add that the higher amount of details as such doesn't necessarily make Sims 2 a better game for me. That bottle out of the fridge thing for instance started irritating me pretty fast, so was the not so nice detail they throw both bottle and baby on the floor when they're done ;) I love that detail in Sims 3 where a parent will put their baby into bed no matter what, even ignoring impulses to eat first. The end of the Sims 3 era most certainly was an indication of what Sims 4 was going to be. If that's your point I fully agree.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited December 2016
    Pary wrote: »
    I believe things started slipping with TS3 too, even though I love the game.

I feel that is lost a lot of its quirky charm, and a lot of the things that made TS2 so spectacular. It isn't even the big things, its the little ones. Like sims really being mad at one another to the point where their portraits would turn red and you'd have to wait a certain amount of time before they would accept and socials. Or children running out to meet their parents at the mailbox after work. Dancing with their parents by standing on their feet.

Toddlers being able to move to the music on the stereo, actually going to the fridge to get a bottle for the baby. Being able to bathe your baby in the sink and the toddler in the bath. Really loving interactions between spouses and parents and children, and even children and their siblings.

So many little things like that weren't included :( TS3 has given us beautiful worlds, and things like horse riding, waterskiing, boating etc, but so much was equally taken away, and sadly, I believe it was the things that really mattered, and that made the Sims really endearing, that were taken from us.

EA spent much more time turning TS3 into a very materialistic, quest-like driven game, rather than concentrating on what made TS2 great, and simply adding to it.
    TS4 has seems to have gone even further off the rails.
    The thng is, those things added that apparently made them sacrifice other things, are more important to a player like me. To be honest Sims 2 is getting boring for me after a while as well, because I miss certain things I have in Sims 3. And as it happens details and shops and restaurants aren't the ingredients that pull me into this game. In fact those ingredients make it too RPG for me even, having to run a shop, having to gain points during a date, I don't like doing that. And the time not continuing when you leave your lot is a killer for me. On top of that I'm not a rotational player. I get confused when I have to focus on multiple families, there's no pleasure in that for me.

I think both 2 and 3 have their pros and cons and it depends on the player where their priority lies. It seems to me though that Sims 4 is a different story in that respect.
    5JZ57S6.png

(True Story)

Now.

(true story).
    If that weren't the case I wouldn't be hoping for another company to develop a game like this. I'd welcome new and different, within the limits of life simulation. One of the things in fact that irritate me is this constant 'looking back' and winking at 'old' players the game does (ignoring them in important aras). As I stated before in the Sims 3 section, I don't care about cowplants and grilled cheese and Bella Goth and llamas and 'winks' like that. I'll leave this franchise behind me without hesitation or heartache when another, similar, game comes along. I'm not a "real simmer" in that respect, loyal to absolutely nothing. All I want is to have fun playing a game, regardless if it says Sims or not.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Point of entry has a lot to do with an individuals perspective.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

I feel that is lost a lot of its quirky charm, and a lot of the things that made TS2 so spectacular. It isn't even the big things, its the little ones. Like sims really being mad at one another to the point where their portraits would turn red and you'd have to wait a certain amount of time before they would accept and socials. Or children running out to meet their parents at the mailbox after work. Dancing with their parents by standing on their feet.

Toddlers being able to move to the music on the stereo, actually going to the fridge to get a bottle for the baby. Being able to bathe your baby in the sink and the toddler in the bath. Really loving interactions between spouses and parents and children, and even children and their siblings.

So many little things like that weren't included :( TS3 has given us beautiful worlds, and things like horse riding, waterskiing, boating etc, but so much was equally taken away, and sadly, I believe it was the things that really mattered, and that made the Sims really endearing, that were taken from us.

EA spent much more time turning TS3 into a very materialistic, quest-like driven game, rather than concentrating on what made TS2 great, and simply adding to it.
    The thng is, those things added that apparently made them sacrifice other things, are more important to a player like me. To be honest Sims 2 is getting boring for me after a while as well, because I miss certain things I have in Sims 3. And as it happens details and shops and restaurants aren't the ingredients that pull me into this game. In fact those ingredients make it too RPG for me even, having to run a shop, having to gain points during a date, I don't like doing that. And the time not continuing when you leave your lot is a killer for me. On top of that I'm not a rotational player. I get confused when I have to focus on multiple families, there's no pleasure in that for me.

I think both 2 and 3 have their pros and cons and it depends on the player where their priority lies. It seems to me though that Sims 4 is a different story in that respect.

I would miss the things that TS3 brought us too. And I play it more than I play Sims 2. It just lacks those things I listed, and more, that I loved about the Sims.
    My point was, that there shouldn't have been any reason that those things couldn't have been included as well. That they could have built upon TS2 and its in depth interactions & socials, rather than leaving them out in favour of other things.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2016

I would miss the things that TS3 brought us too. And I play it more than I play Sims 2. It just lacks those things I listed, and more, that I loved about the Sims.
    My point was, that there shouldn't have been any reason that those things couldn't have been included as well. That they could have built upon TS2 and its in depth interactions & socials, rather than leaving them out in favour of other things.

I think the thing is, Sims 4 perhaps should have had a combination of different features from both games with a variety of options to appeal to a bunch of different playstyles.

However, thinking some more on it--ignoring the disaster of Sims 4 for a moment--I don't know they could have done that without lots of toggles, and lots of good programming, because each sims game feels different.

As we have seen, time and time again, there are lots of different playstyles and people have different prorities and different likes and dislikes.

As we have even seen in this forum, and even in this thread, simmers feel very differently about the same games: There are players like me who prefer Sims 2 or miss a lot of stuff from Sims 2, while other players prefer Sims 3, and there are even others who like Sims 4 more, etc.

I am getting to the point to where I think there is no perfect sims game, and there will never be a perfect sims game, and I am getting pessimistic in thinking every sims game will leave behind a group of sims player.

Yes, you can try to mod a sims game to suit one's needs, like many simmers insist one can with, say Sims 3, but I myself tried that with Sims 3, and it just doesn't change its foundation that doesn't appeal to me. It's not a just a tech thing or nostalgia thing (there are some features I didn't like in the past games), but Sims 3 prioritized different things and sacrificed some stuff from the previous games that I loved so much. I just can't play it the same way in an effortless manner like I have done in the past. So I definitely feel that Sims 3 is leaving behind hardcore Sims 1/2 players like me.

So even if Sims 4 or 5 rocked for other simmers, I have a feeling it would not been possible to satisfy all simmers, and if it had followed Sims 3 and still sacrificed similar things, then I still wouldn't have been happy with the game or still felt left behind.

I mean, I had to end up buying a few store items to get something similar to Sims 2 for the babies/toddlers (ex: bathing and baby walkie talkies), but...it still didn't feel the same. (In the Sims 2, babies could be bathed in a sink, and toddlers could be bathed in the bathtub, and toddlers could do other things that Sims 3 toddlers seem not able to do, from what I remembered, like getting out of crib, hugging each other, etc. It felt like there were small details being left out. For me, for my gameplay, toddlers were not as fun for me to play in Sims 3 as they were in Sims 2...) I miss so much little details, specific gameplay features, and the charm/quirkiness. Modding will not make all of that come back. For me, mods are only a temporary bandaid for a foundation that just doesn't appeal to me. :cry:

For ME, PERSONALLY, again, Sims 3 is pretty to look at, but not fun for me to actually play for long.

(And, YES, I know, I KNOW other simmers feel differently about Sims 3, but PLEASE let me have my darned opinion about Sims 3. For me, Sims 3 just doesn't appeal to me, even with the famous mods.)

In the forums, I am finding there are all sorts of playstyles and simmers with diverse likes and dislikes.

For example: There are simmers who dislike/hate toddlers. There are simmers who dislike/hate supernaturals.

Then there are people who liked the closed worlds, while others loved the closed worlds.

I loved the time frozen lots from Sims 1 and 2, but others don't.

And so on, and so forth.

How in the world is a company supposed to satisfy such a diverse group without sacrificing something?

Mods are not always the go-to answer. Modding Sims 3 didn't make me love it, even after NRAAS mods. It just felt too different. And, yes, I have gotten and played some worlds where the gameplay is very smooth, so it's not a tech issue: it just plays differently, and is just not naturally meant for my playstyle, and it just doesn't appeal to me. Mods can only do so much...

Things had to be sacrificed for other things or priorities are different for different people, and that is how it seemed every sims game is like so far. There are budgets think of, programming skills, time and effort spent, etc.

So even if Sims 5 was successful, I fear it would probably not appeal to me if it was pretty identical to Sims 3 (or even an identical copy of Sims 2 with no changes and just better graphics, since it still really needs some other feature upgrades, like CASt, etc).

That's the pessimistic/cynical side of me talking, and Sims 4 (and Sims 3's failure to appeal to me, even recently) is bringing it out of me and all of this is just making me despair that the sims series is no longer marketed towards people like me, and that maybe it's time for me to abandon this particular series (as painful as it would be) soon. :cry:

Ugh, this kind of topic depresses (and frustrates) me so much. :disappointed:

I think I need another break from this section (and to now avoid Sims 3 threads, as I am finding that nowadays that sims iteration is just not for me and will never be for me), since it just keeps reminding me that my playstyle and love of details is just not what EA is caring much about these days (though I do like their Bioware games, including the last recent ones which I felt lukewarm towards), and making me lose hope for the future of sims games.

I think I will still keep playing Sims 4 (because I still sort of like it), and a little bit of some sims 1/2, but I am not overly enthusiastic about the future of sims games at the moment...

Anyway, bowing out of posting in this particular thread right now. *curtsies* I will keep lurking around for a bit, though.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited December 2016
    To7m wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    For the life of me I can't seem to find these pro-TS4 bullies & hecklers some of you keep going on about are hiding. If they were out in full force a couple of years ago, you have clearly beaten them into submission with your opinion sticks.

Seems to me every thread criticiszing TS4 rolls along swimingly until someone makes the fatal error of suggesting that perhaps if the perfect Sims game has already been made, maybe you should still be happily playing it?

Man the right to express our opinions torpedos, load the post is off topic gun, fire the threat to have poster banned canon... offender is demolished. everyone high fives, on to the next battle. Rinse lather repeat....

So resounding and comnplete is your victory, you are now policing the boards making sure TS4 cheerleaders don't get out of line?
    "Show me yoiur list" lol you have got to be kidding/i]me. B)

What exactly is the purpose of this post?

If you like The Sims 4 then go play it. Coming into threads that are obviously not pro-Sims 4 and complaining because they are negative is a complete waste of your time and energy. People are free to come and go as they please here - there are plenty of threads for happy players like yourself to interact with other happy players instead of entering into negative threads. Your continued presence in this thread tells me you are just trying to pick fights and start problems instead of communicating.

This thread was asking questions. The thread title is a question. There's nothing "obvious" about the anwser here, or the questions wouldn't been asked. Answering "no" to the questions has as much validity as answering "yes" here.

But you don't just say 'no' and move along, do you? You have to impress why your 'yes' is right and why everybody else's 'no' is wrong.

BIG difference if you ask me.

--T

Why should people have to answer with one word and move along ? Why can't they post their feedback ? Do you think people should have answered 'yes' and move along too ? Why would there be a difference between 'yes' and 'no' ?

Nice try but I know you're *more* than capable of understanding the point I was making.

You can take your hook back.

--T

No sorry, I'm totally at a loss why anybody would answer with just one word and move along, no matter the opinion expressed. If you aren't giving details about your feedback, I geniously don't see how the devs will manage to get the point you would be trying to make. And I've been saying this numerous times : that family players should explain more precisely what they consider "family gameplay" for example, because it's such an umbrella term that we all mean something different, that people asking for this or that features should probably explain what they are looking for (and I'm always saying how much seasons is important for the feeling of passing of time for me, and I probably should have said that apartments were important because of the building apartment complex).

The OP asked several questions, answering with just yes or no (or anything in between) would serve absolutely no point if you don't explain what makes you feel that way. I bet the devs aren't reading the forum to have a poll of yes/no when it's such a biased sample (being self-selected and tiny), I bet they want to read the why because that's what they can't as easily get from telemetry for example. That's the main point of a forum where we can post our feedback, to explain the why, to discuss with other simmers and clarify why we think that way by exchanging about our opinions, and hopefully avoid the echo chamber effect. At least, that's the way I see it, though you apparently have a different opinion so that's why I asked.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    For the life of me I can't seem to find these pro-TS4 bullies & hecklers some of you keep going on about are hiding. If they were out in full force a couple of years ago, you have clearly beaten them into submission with your opinion sticks.

Seems to me every thread criticiszing TS4 rolls along swimingly until someone makes the fatal error of suggesting that perhaps if the perfect Sims game has already been made, maybe you should still be happily playing it?

Man the right to express our opinions torpedos, load the post is off topic gun, fire the threat to have poster banned canon... offender is demolished. everyone high fives, on to the next battle. Rinse lather repeat....

So resounding and comnplete is your victory, you are now policing the boards making sure TS4 cheerleaders don't get out of line?

If you like The Sims 4 then go play it. Coming into threads that are obviously not pro-Sims 4 and complaining because they are negative is a complete waste of your time and energy. People are free to come and go as they please here - there are plenty of threads for happy players like yourself to interact with other happy players instead of entering into negative threads. Your continued presence in this thread tells me you are just trying to pick fights and start problems instead of communicating.

This thread was asking questions. The thread title is a question. There's nothing "obvious" about the anwser here, or the questions wouldn't been asked. Answering "no" to the questions has as much validity as answering "yes" here.

But you don't just say 'no' and move along, do you? You have to impress why your 'yes' is right and why everybody else's 'no' is wrong.

--T

Why should people have to answer with one word and move along ? Why can't they post their feedback ? Do you think people should have answered 'yes' and move along too ? Why would there be a difference between 'yes' and 'no' ?

Nice try but I know you're *more* than capable of understanding the point I was making.

--T

No sorry, I'm totally at a loss why anybody would answer with just one word and move along, no matter the opinion expressed. If you aren't giving details about your feedback, I geniously don't see how the devs will manage to get the point you would be trying to make. And I've been saying this numerous times : that family players should explain more precisely what they consider "family gameplay" for example, because it's such an umbrella term that we all mean something different, that people asking for this or that features should probably explain what they are looking for (and I'm always saying how much seasons is important for the feeling of passing of time for me, and I probably should have said that apartments were important because of the building apartment complex).

The OP asked several questions, answering with just yes or no (or anything in between) would serve absolutely no point if you don't explain what makes you feel that way. I bet the devs aren't reading the forum to have a poll of yes/no when it's such a biased sample (being self-selected and tiny), I bet they want to read the why because that's what they can't as easily get from telemetry for example. That's the main point of a forum where we can post our feedback, to explain the why, to discuss with other simmers and clarify why we think that way by exchanging about our opinions, and hopefully avoid the echo chamber effect. At least, that's the way I see it, though you apparently have a different opinion so that's why I asked.

Family players should explain more precisely what they are asking for? Well for starters they are asking for toddlers so that is one thing to go on :blush:

But seriously though, there are a lot of threads with feedback made by family players. The 'EA silence on family play' has probably more replies to it than any other thread and has been going since November 2014. There has been good feedback left in there. Of course there is a lot to read through and lot of picture sharing but most pictures are from TS3, some from TS2 showing families.

The easiest way to explain the family play situation is that a lot of features, interactions and a few lifestages are missing (babies and teens are not really what they are supposed to be in TS4)
    c
    I think you would find that around half to two thirds of criticism in TS4 is the lack of family play so there have been many threads on the subject.

Even RF herself said that family players are 'loud' so it has been acknowledged by EA in the past. We even had a thread that is now in the 'Ideas and Feedback' section called 'Ideas at a glance for toddlers' and Drake herself took some minor interest in it.

So yeah it seems like the family players need to get more vocal again as apparently they are not be precise enough :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

--T

--T

I'm sorry but family players have said what family means to them as individuals. Over and over. It is not their fault the team still seems to be clueless to that. The information is there, they've had plenty of clear and concise information given to them in terms of questionnaires I created and they said they wanted and offers of help to collate further down the line too.

They either aren't interested or someone has decided it's too expensive to fulfill desires from that 'subset' of players.

Agreed. Yes, sure, some people's feedback on the issue might not be great but there's definitely enough good, clear & concise feedback on the type of family play people want for the devs to use and make something worthwhile out of it. If they really think that there's not enough good feebdack on what people want (toddlers, more age-specific interactions, more parent-child interactions like being able to ground them or teach them walking etc., babies that aren't tied to cribs, objects like slides & tree houses, etc. etc.) then they're just not listening lol. Or they're too lazy to go and look at the threads that give very detailed and interesting suggestions. Also, I'm sorry @Neia, but sometimes I think you defend the devs for .. just about anything. People should've been clearer about wanting to build apartments? Like ... really? Haven't they said that for TS2, for TS3, and ... also now??? I get that you like the game and that being a dev is a hard job, but really, sometimes you just gotta admit that - at least for some things - they take the easy way out.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

--T

--T

I'm sorry but family players have said what family means to them as individuals. Over and over. It is not their fault the team still seems to be clueless to that. The information is there, they've had plenty of clear and concise information given to them in terms of questionnaires I created and they said they wanted and offers of help to collate further down the line too.

They either aren't interested or someone has decided it's too expensive to fulfill desires from that 'subset' of players.

Agreed. Yes, sure, some people's feedback on the issue might not be great but there's definitely enough good, clear & concise feedback on the type of family play people want for the devs to use and make something worthwhile out of it. If they really think that there's not enough good feebdack on what people want (toddlers, more age-specific interactions, more parent-child interactions like being able to ground them or teach them walking etc., babies that aren't tied to cribs, objects like slides & tree houses, etc. etc.) then they're just not listening lol. Or they're too lazy to go and look at the threads that give very detailed and interesting suggestions. Also, I'm sorry @Neia, but sometimes I think you defend the devs for .. just about anything. People should've been clearer about wanting to build apartments? Like ... really? Haven't they said that for TS2, for TS3, and ... also now??? I get that you like the game and that being a dev is a hard job, but really, sometimes you just gotta admit that - at least for some things - they take the easy way out.

My points exactly.

A lot of players want an Open World in The Sims again. Do we need to go into more detail about that?

What about players who want cars? Does that need to be explained away?

The thing is, as I have said before. TS4 is still dominated by Olympus and how the original engine was built and if that game with some restrictions meaning game play that was possible in the previous games is no longer possible, then TS4 will continue to be struck be limitations.

Olympus is still very much the boss and if Olympus says no, then TS4 cannot have it

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

--T

--T

Oh my goodnesss - have you been absent for the last two years? You know, where family players have said over and over in an endless flow of forum posts what family play means to them, and where The Sims 4 is lacking? There's countless threads, including one MAJOR thread that has more replies than ANY other thread on this forum. Does all of that amount to nothing?

Instead of asking for more information how about you go and read what information has already been presented over and over again on this forum. Obviously you won't find it if you expect those with an issue to come to you and tell you of their concerns - EA owns these forums and should have no issue skimming through threads looking for inspiration. After two years, if they still need an indepth explaination of what family play elements are missing from the game, they clearly have zero idea how to log into the forums or listen to player feedback that they've been getting since 2014.

Well said :smile:

Can you believe that we are now about to enter the third full year of TS4? I read another thread that some players see it as almost halfway through it's life span.

I have actually stated that if the half way point is around April next year then not too much would change up until that point except for the odd SP or two and maybe a GP along with some minor patched in content so the way things are now is how things would be through the halfway point. In that sense we are halfway already and what has really improved in that time since launch? Quite a few minor improvements have been noted and some issues have been sorted out yet some of the biggest complaints are still ringing clear.

TS4 is not really a new game anymore either and as there are a lot of other popular games out now, TS4 does not hold up so well. It might have looked 'shiny' to begin with but that shine has been stained by the tears of disappointment that has scorched many players over the past two and quarter years.

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

--T

--T

My points exactly.

A lot of players want an Open World in The Sims again. Do we need to go into more detail about that?

What about players who want cars? Does that need to be explained away?

The thing is, as I have said before. TS4 is still dominated by Olympus and how the original engine was built and if that game with some restrictions meaning game play that was possible in the previous games is no longer possible, then TS4 will continue to be struck be limitations.

Olympus is still very much the boss and if Olympus says no, then TS4 cannot have it

Lol yes ... I really think there's no lack of good, meaningful feedback on TS4. A lot of that feedback even references how things worked in past games and what people enjoyed / didn't enjoy about it. Like personalities (how people feel that there should be more and more differentiated traits & sim memories), like family play, like freedom to create worlds, like an open world that doesn't require the use of mods to keep runnning somewhat smoothly, and so on and so on. The last thing you can say is that these devs don't get enough feedback. Or that the feedback isn't clear. Will they ever make everyone happy? No, certainly not. But if they still don't understand what people would like to see next to the things Ts4 has arguably done right or added ... then I'm sure TS5 won't cause any less divison than 4 :D

--T

--T

Oh my goodnesss - have you been absent for the last two years? You know, where family players have said over and over in an endless flow of forum posts what family play means to them, and where The Sims 4 is lacking? There's countless threads, including one MAJOR thread that has more replies than ANY other thread on this forum. Does all of that amount to nothing?

Instead of asking for more information how about you go and read what information has already been presented over and over again on this forum. Obviously you won't find it if you expect those with an issue to come to you and tell you of their concerns - EA owns these forums and should have no issue skimming through threads looking for inspiration. After two years, if they still need an indepth explaination of what family play elements are missing from the game, they clearly have zero idea how to log into the forums or listen to player feedback that they've been getting since 2014.

Don't forget the toddler thread they asked us to contribute to too. We have gone out of our way multiple times for this team. So far they haven't shown appreciation for the level of dedication people have for the sims in taking so much time to write detailed feedback and ideas for compromises the team asked for. As far as weve seen evidence wise it's been completely ignored and any potential will remain untapped. If the team are still ignorant to want family players want it is clearly wilful ignorance at this point.

Thank you @drake_mccarty and @SimTrippy

I mentioned the toddler ideas thread myself, is that thread still going? I don't really go into ideas and feedback anymore. Those ideas only get ignored anyway :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member

--T

--T

Don't forget the toddler thread they asked us to contribute to too. We have gone out of our way multiple times for this team. So far they haven't shown appreciation for the level of dedication people have for the sims in taking so much time to write detailed feedback and ideas for compromises the team asked for. As far as weve seen evidence wise it's been completely ignored and any potential will remain untapped. If the team are still ignorant to want family players want it is clearly wilful ignorance at this point.

Thank you @drake_mccarty and @SimTrippy

I mentioned the toddler ideas thread myself, is that thread still going? I don't really go into ideas and feedback anymore. Those ideas only get ignored anyway :(

We haven't had a Guru enter that thread since about August time, seems like they are more bothered in adding pointless stuffto the game than fixing the issue we already have, I've said the lifestages are a mess since the launch of the game but my pleads go ignored by the team; it seems like if you say something they don't agree with they silence you or try the make out that you are in the wrong. So far I don't think We'll get any good family play content...
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Past its prime? This game that's been figuratively and literally tethered to a bassinette since its inception?
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    The line of thinking "you haven't tried everything the game has to offer!" is like somebody at a buffet that you didn't like saying "Leaving already? You haven't tried the Plum Sorbet!"

To be fair, that post was in response to my post saying that I was leaving because I had nothing else to do.