Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovation/Make-Over Mayhem Challenge! - Week 1 Winners have been posted!

Comments

• DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    OH! I thought you'd given us the whole 50k that the make-overs got. I misread a missing 0. Tricky that!
    I guess I don't have time to redo it now for I would need some serious depreciation and some different choices. But it was still fun.

Just enter it next week, your work won't be wasted! :)
    And those zeros can be tricky indeed! <3
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
    Lucyena wrote: »

How sad, but I love your house @ciane!

I have a question: Can I pick every house in SV?

@Lucyena - you can pick ANY house in Sunset Valley, for this week's Challenge and (since I threw a spoiler= also for next week's Challenge :). Can't wait to see what you'll come up with!
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Awh I wish there was something similar in sims4, id love something like this haha
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    So, I'm redoing the lot and have moved in handy sims to make buying everything cheaper. It's all done but the furniture now, though I know it'll still be too late as it'll take me a few hours to do everything and take pics and upload.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @Lucyena

omgosh thank you! That's awesome :mrgreen:
    Okay, I'm all done redoing and just taking pics now.
    edited December 2016
    Hi dearies!

Winners have been posted!

I am sorry that I am a bit late, little Frederik is very, very seriously ill and I have spent my day making sure he's as comfortable as possible, crossing my fingers that he'll pull through until tomorrow, so we can go see the vet :'(.

I have posted the winners here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15395949/#Comment_15395949

@Lucyena you have won 350 Simpoints, please let me know how you wish it spent :).

@creativemetaphor you have won 100 Simpoints, please let me know how you wish it spent :).

@ciane you have won 50 Simpoints, please let me know how you wish it spent :).

I wanna thank you for some very different, very gorgeous entries.

@Lucyena - I love that you turned the house into a Christmas Cabin style house. It is absolutely adorable, so homey, cute and fun, a bit like you would imagine a Grandmother's house to be. Great work!

@creativemetaphor - You have completely transformed that house. Wow! My favorite room has to be the office/den or the master bedroom, I am really torn, because they are both so gorgeous. Great work!

@ciane - Wow! What a difference you have made on that house. I am loving the dining area, it looks so sweet. And fantastic use of basement! :D. Great work!

Post edited by DolphineQ on

2rgmmvq.jpg
    edited December 2016
    This week's Challenge is... *drumrolls*... Make-Over Week for HOMES in Sunset Valley!

And since I am late in posting this challenge, there's gonna be an extra special BONUS Challenge: Have a music box in each bedroom!

The Bonus Winner will be picked by a Random Name Generator, between everyone who has at least ONE MUSIC BOX IN EACH BEDROOM in their build! The Bonus Prize this week will be a whoopping 200 Simpoints!

2rgmmvq.jpg
    So, I'm redoing the lot and have moved in handy sims to make buying everything cheaper. It's all done but the furniture now, though I know it'll still be too late as it'll take me a few hours to do everything and take pics and upload.

I would still love to see what you do with it and I am sure, since we only have a few entries in this first week, that Santa may just find a little present for you anyway ;).
    I was late too. Babycat problems, sadly :'(.

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm sorry you are having problems with your kittens, I hope they are okay. It is amazing that you care for so many of them.

Congratulations both of you!
    edited December 2016
    @DolphineQ thank you so much! This is so generous of you - the first three items on my wishlist - antlers, mushrooms, and plant frame - come to a little under 100 :)http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=creativemetaphor#

Sorry that you're still having kitty problems :( that's so hard to deal with.

@Lucyena Congrats! I would love a house like that, so cozy and just homey in every way! <3
    Sorry, family wanted me to fix them something to eat! IKR!?

Even though it's late, here's what I redid:
    Before pics:
    screenshot-341.jpg?w=500

screenshot-37.jpg?w=500

screenshot-35.jpg?w=500

Your name: ciane

Lot name and address in game: El (before) - Urbanease (after) 60 Maywood Lane

Lot price before: 24,234

Lot price after: 29,234

World: Sunset Valley

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: pic in uploadand here with overviews:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/make-overs/el/urban-ease/

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9021954

Additional info: I kept the basements and reallocated space. I deleted the all-in-ones and put in bathrooms and a half bath. I moved the kitchen. (I like it better in the new location.) I was able to keep the grill and add some chairs outside. :)
    Congrats @Lucyena!

Sorry about Frederik being very ill. I do hope all goes well with him.
    @DolphineQ thank you so much! This is so generous of you - the first three items on my wishlist - antlers, mushrooms, and plant frame - come to a little under 100 :)http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=creativemetaphor#

Sorry that you're still having kitty problems :( that's so hard to deal with.

@Lucyena Congrats! I would love a house like that, so cozy and just homey in every way! <3

And you have been gifted! :)
    I made it as close to 100 Simpoints as I could get, which you'll probably notice.

As for the kittens: I gave them a worm-cure yesterday, because it was needed. When kittens that tiny gets dewormed, it can be really tricky. The worms drop some toxins when they die and sometimes they can really stick to the intestines, giving the kittens some nasty bacteria to fight off. It's risky, because often they don't pull through it. But I am doing everything I can, penicillin, Flagyl, Angel Water (boiled water with a little sugar and a little salt in) and keeping an eye on them constantly.
    We're going to the vets tomorrow, so they can get looked over thoroughly. But little Frederik has had a rough night (I've been up all night with him) and I'm still not sure if he's gonna make it. This afternoon, the tiniest of the girls, Lilje also fell really ill, that is what caused me to be a bit late.
    If you can, send a prayer for them, they'll need it.
    Hugs.

2rgmmvq.jpg
    edited December 2016
    QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU:

Would anybody mind terribly if @ciane is granted exception with her entry?
    Since I posted late because sick kitten and we all know that RL can sneak in, I think it's a good idea, because she's put so much work in fixing the silly-zero-mistake. So I am asking if you guys are OK with it and adding her to the Winner's post :).

@ciane - that puts you in 3rd. place this week! You have won 50 Simpoints, please let me know how you wish to spend it :)

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'll keep little Frederik and Lilje in my thoughts. Poor little things, it's so heartbreaking to see something so tiny suffering.
    I'm never worried about points and placement. I just wanted to fix my mistake.
    So sorry to hear about the worms and deworming tormenting those little ones. I do hope they pull through.
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    It is late in the evening there and I'm watching the final show of The Voice of Germany...

Oh my...I came back on this page and noticed that I have won. Thank you so much @DolphineQ for liking my Chrismas cabin and thanks for the congrats and the nice comments to my house! I appreciate that all so much.

I think my renovation was not so effortful but I enjoyed it so much! Thank you once again, DolphineQ for hosting this challenge! I own all store stuff already and so I want to split it between @ciane and @creativemetaphor.

Your poor ill kittens are in my thoughts!

@ciane: I am with you that you want to fix your mistake. You are really ambitious, kudos! :) The "new" house also is great!

• LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    DolphineQ wrote: »
    QUESTION FOR ALL OF YOU:

Since I posted late because sick kitten and we all know that RL can sneak in, I think it's a good idea, because she's put so much work in fixing the silly-zero-mistake. So I am asking if you guys are OK with it and adding her to the Winner's post :).

@ciane - that puts you in 3rd. place this week! You have won 50 Simpoints, please let me know how you wish to spend it :)

I am ABSOLUTELY ok with it! :)
    DolphineQ wrote: »

Totally okay! The more the merrier :)
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Congrats everyone. I did one too but didn't get it in on time. :'(
    Question - When exactly is the due date/time for each week? I didn't see it in the rules unless I totally overlooked it.
    edited December 2016
    @Kgaff - When I asked earlier, Lucyena said:

When are these due?

The deadline is this Sunday, 1PM Danish time (GMT+1, Copenhagen time). For me it is easy because Germany has the same time zone. :)

It's rule #8 in the first post!
    @Kgaff - When I asked earlier, Lucyena said:

When are these due?

The deadline is this Sunday, 1PM Danish time (GMT+1, Copenhagen time). For me it is easy because Germany has the same time zone. :)

It's rule #8 in the first post!

Thanks! So by my terribly bad math skills I came up with 2 p.m. EST on Sundays. Is that right?
    edited December 2016
    Kgaff wrote: »

Thanks! So by my terribly bad math skills I came up with 2 p.m. EST on Sundays. Is that right?

No, 1 PM in Denmark isn't 2 PM EST. I believe EST is offset -5 so that would put it around 7 AM Sunday.

Which is why I'll post Saturday night, since there is no way I'm getting up at 4 AM for this, fun as it is. ;)
    Kgaff wrote: »

No, 1 PM in Denmark isn't 2 PM EST. I believe EST is offset -5 so that would put it around 7 AM Sunday.

Which is why I'll post Saturday night, since there is no way I'm getting up at 4 AM for this, fun as it is. ;)

Oh my!!! I was way, way off :* Thanks for the help. I'll have to try and post on Saturday also.