Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovation/Make-Over Mayhem Challenge! - Week 1 Winners have been posted!

Comments

• DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited December 2016
    @creativemetaphor - your question has been added to Q&A :).
    Yes, you have to put the original lotname in your entryform, but if you chose to rename the house for upload, that name needs to be onthere too.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Great choice @Lucyena! I went with the El this time around.
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    Great choice @Lucyena! I went with the El this time around.

The El was for a long time the home for my first sim family. I didn't play with cheats and they have to earn their money. Bit by bit the house became more comfi. Building was hard for me this time. :)

Have fun @ciane ! I'm looking forward to see it completed.

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    I have finished working with the house and am now running some tester sims through it to make sure it all works :mrgreen:
    When the sims first came out, I moved all the bin families into affordable homes. Some homes had to have a little help to lower the price before the bin families could all move in. There wasn't enough cheap housing for them all.

I always moved the Baker family into that home because it had two bedrooms. I'm using that same family to test the house now, but this time I used freerealestate to move them in. (I didn't know that cheat and I didn't use any cheats back then. I still prefer starting out poor and working to improve things.)

I'm excited to see everyone's work. I'm still playing with CASt colors and patterns as I play test.

I moved the house to the bin when I finished yesterday and it was lots cheaper (over a thousand less) in the bin than on the lot. Play testing should lower the price enough and give me even more money for other things.

When are these due? I'll have to check the front page again.

Happy simming everyone.
    edited December 2016
    When the sims first came out, I moved all the bin families into affordable homes. Some homes had to have a little help to lower the price before the bin families could all move in. There wasn't enough cheap housing for them all.

I always moved the Baker family into that home because it had two bedrooms. I'm using that same family to test the house now, but this time I used freerealestate to move them in. (I didn't know that cheat and I didn't use any cheats back then. I still prefer starting out poor and working to improve things.)

I'm excited to see everyone's work. I'm still playing with CASt colors and patterns as I play test.

I moved the house to the bin when I finished yesterday and it was lots cheaper (over a thousand less) in the bin than on the lot. Play testing should lower the price enough and give me even more money for other things.

When are these due? I'll have to check the front page again.

Happy simming everyone.

I always want a beautiful home for my family but in the beginning I didn't know any cheat too. And I don't play the game with cheats still. They have to work! :) Sylvie, the daughter of my first family was married with Sam Sekemoto. :) It was a wonderful lovestory!

My house is finished since yesterday but I will upload it on Saturday. I didn't need the whole budget because it is so very small. I am excited too to see your new renovated homes. I really love renovations!

The deadline is this Sunday, 1PM Danish time (GMT+1, Copenhagen time). For me it is easy because Germany has the same time zone. :)

• djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Just popping in to say HELLO <waves to everyone> I've been gone for a while but I'm back now. I'll be lurking around and watching the fun! Missed everyone <hugs>
    Waves to @djsdragongirl. It's great to see you!

I'll get my version uploaded tomorrow too, hopefully. Everything tested out okay with the Baker family. I changed some colors and didn't want to wait a day for depreciation, so I just deleted the art easel. ;)
    Good morning, dearies :smiley:

I am getting really excited to see what you guys have come up with, tomorrow is going to be great!
    Today I'm gonna work on a little "secret project", hang out with kitties and just relax. And get all fidgetty about what tomorrow is gonna bring ;).

@djsdragongirl it is great to see you, sweetie! :)
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
    I edited my post from page two and make a new entry. My chosen build:

Mosquito Cove, 36 Sim Lane

Screenshot-26_zpsz1zqoqyz.jpg

Screenshot-13_zpswbassssh.jpg

Screenshot-12_zpstzudsibn.jpg

Your name: Lucyena

Lot name and address in game: Mosquito Cove, 36 Sim Lane (before) / Christmas For Two, 36 Sim Lane (after)

Lot price before: 22.602

Lot price after: 25.076

World: Sunset Valley

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907305/lucyenas-showcase-for-the-renovation-make-over-mayhem-challenge#latest

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9021108

Additional info:

Very pretty @Lucyena! I love the way the cabin looks with its holiday lights in the winter! I love that bed cover too. It is my very favorite pattern to use with beds. And the color is so perfect! I love that you made the pillow on the chair match! Great layout and wonderful idea to go with a Christmas theme.
    Thank you so very much @ciane! I appreciate your nice comment. I love this pattern too.

I had very much fun to transform it in a Christmas cabin. And it wasn't hard. I'm really looking forward to see your renovated El! I can hardly wait! :)
    edited December 2016
    It took me all morning and then some, but I am ready.

Before pics:
    screenshot-341.jpg?w=500

screenshot-37.jpg?w=500

screenshot-35.jpg?w=500

Your name: ciane

Lot name and address in game: El (before) - Urbanite (after) 60 Maywood Lane

Lot price before: 24,234

Lot price after: 74,010

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/make-overs/el/
    and inside: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/make-overs/el/urbanite/

Link to download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9021292

Additional info: The real challenge in this home was that long, narrow hall that ended in doors to the bedrooms. By building out basement space, the bedrooms moved to the basement and the living area to old bedroom space. This moved the crowded living area out of the entry way, which now has an all-in-one and storage chest in one corner and a nice play area in the opened spaced. The previous kitchen was enclosed in a small space with counters limiting it on two sides and the dining limited to counter eating. Now, the kitchen appliances and counters all hug an outer wall and there's room for a table and chairs near the big windows and door to the back patio. The back deck had an overhang roof added that is supported by outside lights. A grill and pizza oven were added to the patio along with entertainment for little ones. The smaller basement below the living room is the perfect space to retreat from a noisy living area to enjoy reading, writing, or surfing the internet; but, it could easily become another bedroom if needed. The larger basement area offers larger bedrooms than before and again offers a more convenient all-in-one bathroom. An additional all-in-one bath is also located where the old bathroom was. This puts one near the front door, one by the bedrooms, and one close to the living area and study, behind the spiral stairs.
    Post edited by ciane on
    Wow! I love your renovation! The new look is so very cool and stylish! Are that road lanterns you used instead of columns? Great job! :)
    @lucyena and @ ciane those are fantastic!!! Lucyena, is that stuff from seasons? I might have to get that one :)

Where are we supposed to put our threads? In this forum or...?
    @creativemetaphor - I put mine in word press, but creative corner builders forum is a great place.
    @Lucyena - The outdoor post lamps with the birds on top are the ones I used here. I sometimes use the dolphin ones too. I like the look of support it gives though none is really needed. No columns needed as I put a gable roof just one tile out and noticed that I could add tile one more space out, so I added a half hip roof to that.
    edited December 2016
    screenshot.jpg
    screenshot-2.jpg

Your name: creativemetaphor

Lot name and address in game: Pondcentric, 98 Landgraab Ave. Renamed: Aquarian Sanctuary

Lot price before: 82,208

Lot price after: 86, 174 (out of a budget of 87, 208)

Link to thread with pictures/slideshow:Entries for The Renovation/Make-Over Mayhem Challenge!

Link to download:Aquarian Sanctuary

Additional info: Somehow I totally missed that we could delete interior walls until it was way too late but I'm still really happy with this :)

I did choose not to enter the bonus challenge as I couldn't fit blue onto either of the beds without making it look very oddly out of place.

I also added an archway going out of the kitchen onto the small deck just to prove I could do it :wink:
    edited December 2016
    @lucyena and @ ciane those are fantastic!!! Lucyena, is that stuff from seasons? I might have to get that one :)

Thank you, @creativemetaphor!

I was searching for the Christmas stuff. Hmmm, please try, to download it. I don't know if the link works anymore. The set was a free download from EA: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:22676

And the other sets also are free store stuff:

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=12752&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:24476&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12238

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13227&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:42771&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12238

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=14398&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:71544&pcategoryId=12858&ppcategoryId=12238

I hope I could help you! There is some free stuff in the TS3 store. Check it out. :)
    @Lucyena - The outdoor post lamps with the birds on top are the ones I used here. I sometimes use the dolphin ones too. I like the look of support it gives though none is really needed. No columns needed as I put a gable roof just one tile out and noticed that I could add tile one more space out, so I added a half hip roof to that.

Thank you! I never saw this before, it's amazing! Thank you @ciane! :)
    @creativemetaphor, wow, you did a great job! The house is gorgeous now! I love the bedroom. :)

@ciane sweetie... I am LOVING what you did with this house!
    But... here is the really sad part :neutral:.
    This is RENOVATION week. So regardless of how much I love it, it can't be entered into the Challenge this week, because of the rules. This part of the rules:

5) For Renovation Week, if you pick a house that has a family in it, evict the family so the house stands with furniture and decor, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.
    If you pick an empty house, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.
    If you pick an apartment, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.

Do me a favor and keep it, I would love to see it (Spoiler!) in the next Challenge, which is going to be Make-Over of Homes in Sunset Valley!

Hugs <3.

2rgmmvq.jpg
    DolphineQ wrote: »

@ciane sweetie... I am LOVING what you did with this house!
    But... here is the really sad part :neutral:.
    This is RENOVATION week. So regardless of how much I love it, it can't be entered into the Challenge this week, because of the rules. This part of the rules:

5) For Renovation Week, if you pick a house that has a family in it, evict the family so the house stands with furniture and decor, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.
    If you pick an empty house, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.
    If you pick an apartment, take note of how much it costs furnished (this will be needed for the entry to be valid) and add 5000 Simleons - that will be your budget to stay within.

Do me a favor and keep it, I would love to see it (Spoiler!) in the next Challenge, which is going to be Make-Over of Homes in Sunset Valley!

Hugs <3.

How sad, but I love your house @ciane!

I have a question: Can I pick every house in SV?
    OH! I thought you'd given us the whole 50k that the make-overs got. I misread a missing 0. Tricky that!
    I guess I don't have time to redo it now for I would need some serious depreciation and some different choices. But it was still fun.