Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    3.44 Fame Always Comes With A Price

2_12_16_19_32_40.png

It was a hot day in San Myshuno. Adele clamped to her lover, Michael, as if it was the last time she would ever feel his frame against her body. After an entire day of exploring the city as the tourists they were, a stroll through the park was just what they had needed. Yet Adele felt nervous. “Penny for your thoughts.” Adele’s thought stream was interrupted by Michael’s soothing voice. “This city is amazing.” Adele sighed in despair. “The job they offered… Is amazing.” She added. The entire reason for their visit was for the middle-school teacher to figure out where exactly she was headed. Even though she loved her class, an opportunity to teach those with special needs was one that she had always dreamt of.

2_12_16_19_31_29.png

“Has this trip made your decision any easier at all?” Michael asked, his hand sliding down to Adele’s waist as she released her grip. “The atmosphere of the city has never been the influencing factor of the decision.” Her tone was stern and bitter, she knew Michael as psychologist had to feel her distance right away. The sigh escaping his lips confirmed her statement. “Adele, I.. Leah and I.” His sentences were nothing more than loose words, not making any sense as they came together.

2_12_16_19_30_58.png

“If your choice is to be with Leah and Sunnery, there is nothing more for me to do but respect that decision.” Adele said, as she finally released herself from his embrace. “But I deserve mutual respect for my decision in return. If Leah is your destiny, then San Myshuno is mine.” Adele felt his hand trying to get grip on her arm, but she loosely pulled away. “I love you Michael, and I always will. Yet once again it’s proven that I’m not meant for any long lasting relationships, even if it’s not by choice.”

7_12_16_19_00_24.png

The last few weeks Farrah had seen Michael and Adele come to live through their wonderful actors. After that it was hard to picture the characters portrayed by anyone else. She couldn't wait for the movie to premiere. Potential scenes filled her head as she scrolled through the lines of the first part of the Butterfly Effect, yet the image stayed blank as soon as she opened the draft of part two.

It were moments like these that made Farrah want to curl up into a ball and just do nothing at all.

7_12_16_19_01_38.png

It was even more frustrating that in the beginning writing Adele’s story had been so easy.

An eighteen year old marrying her high school sweetheart, a widow at nineteen when he died in a tragic car accident. And the guilt Adele felt, because she was relieved. Her husband had been abusive, yet her religion shied her away from a divorce. The accident set her free from a cage she thought she was forever trapped in.

Eight years later Adele’s a single middle school teacher, apart from a few failed long-term relationships along the way she doesn’t date. Not until Michael, a married man which son happened to be in her class. Unlike him, his wife Leah is not happy with his plans to divorce, and that makes Adele and Michael’s affaire a problem. All up to the point where she leaves him for a job in the city, only a day before he finally does leave Leah.

7_12_16_18_58_56.png

End of book one.

And no matter what Farrah tries, book two won’t just write itself. Her start felt so strong, Michael following Adele to San Myshuno to retrieve his love. It was a part of the draft even Mirjam approved of.

The though shocked Farrah, she hadn’t thought about Mirjam since Carly’s uncanny visit. She suddenly felt despair, Mirjam had been such a big support in writing. Perhaps with her help she could conquer her second book. But Mirjam hadn’t even tried to contact her, and it discouraged Farrah more than she dared to admit.

23_11_16_17_32_08.png

To push the thought out of her head, Farrah closed the draft. Behind it was a pop-up from a magazine article about her upcoming movie. She smiled as she read about Rowan, ever since he was cast for the roll of Michael there wasn’t a magazine that didn’t talk about him. Farrah had to admit that even she got lost in thoughts as she inspected his face. Dreamily she scanned the text, barely aware of what they wrote about the upcoming star.

8_12_16_10_50_19.png

Barely, Farrah was shaken out of her dream-world as her own name was mentioned. After all this time she got used to the fact tabloids wrote about her, but never in a manner as she just encountered.

“Writer Farrah biased in her casting, actor Rowan only chosen because of their rendez-vous in bed.”

“Maybe her affair with the younger man is the reason she can’t fill up to her kids’ needs.”

The last few words were written in blue to indicate a link. As Farrah clicked it she got redirected to another article. A huge paparazzi picture appeared. She immediately recognized the forest she had went to with her kids. Both her kids had enjoyed their selves, yet were exhausted at the end of the walk.

2_11_16_14_11_38.png

Graham had always been a little more sensitive and had started to cry, which on her turn made Margo upset. Farrah had comforted them until they weren’t upset anymore, yet the article claimed she was a bad mother whom ignored their needs. Farrah clenched her teeth a she scrolled down. Not only did the article accuse her of neglect, but it also claimed she openly had chosen Graham as her favourite child.

8_12_16_10_51_17.png

It was the point where Farrah clicked the article away. “All writers get to deal with gossips.” She reassured herself, trying to shrug it off.
  • Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    See, it's the tabloids! It's always the tabloids! Blame the tabloids!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    The book sounds good :) I think we need a cc version of it for Angel to read while Gabe is not with her ;) As for the paparazzis shame on you and the tabloit writers :angry:

@Spottydog714 Always those darn tabloids! Now, what are we gonna do about it? :lol:
    Marialein wrote: »
    The book sounds good :) I think we need a cc version of it for Angel to read while Gabe is not with her ;) As for the paparazzis shame on you and the tabloit writers :angry:

@Marialein Thank you! I really enjoyed coming up with the story line :blush:
    A CC version would be quite a challenge! I might need to ask @Maladi777 some tips on that ;)
    And I'll need a cover! So much to do :lol:
    Those paparazzi's should be ashamed of their selves for sure!
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited December 2016
    @Sterretjeee Oh, I loved this update. I always liked gossip in made up tabloids. :D I also love the idea of Farrah having a writer's block and thinking of Mirjam as her possible good luck charm. It's funny how success can make you superstitious and you want to recreate the conditions that had led to it. :D It starts with a thought of Mirjam and next thing she knows she's wearing the same t-shirt she wore when writing the first book, bringing back the old uncomfortable chair from the attic, etc. :D

Amen to that!
    Then you should make a nice cover for it. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    @Maladi777 and @Sterretjeee yes I can make the cover :) I just need the sims for it and maybe a general idea if you have one. If not I will come up with my own ;)
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee Oh, I loved this update. I always liked gossip in made up tabloids. :D I also love the idea of Farrah having a writer's block and thinking of Mirjam as her possible good luck charm. It's funny how success can make you superstitious and you want to recreate the conditions that had led to it. :D It starts with a thought of Mirjam and next thing she knows she's wearing the same t-shirt she wore when writing the first book, bringing back the old uncomfortable chair from the attic, etc. :D

Amen to that!
    Then you should make a nice cover for it. ;)

@Maladi777 Thank you so much! Loved writing this chapter myself. No old chair, but she might want to move back to Graham's room. As it was her office :lol:
    @Maladi777 and @Sterretjeee yes I can make the cover :) I just need the sims for it and maybe a general idea if you have one. If not I will come up with my own ;)

@Marialein I shall upload them as soon as I can get to it! Farrah basically spilled the story-line, so maybe you could use that as inspiration? <3
    Thank you so much dear!
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    I should really stop reading simlit in class... I read all of this story in the past few days though. :D I love Farrah, she's wonderful. I really ship her with Mirjam.
    I should really stop reading simlit in class... I read all of this story in the past few days though. :D I love Farrah, she's wonderful. I really ship her with Mirjam.

@TheGeekGamez I'm so flattered! Thank you so much! <3
    So happy to read you're enjoying it!
    The amazing @Marialein wrote this article about Farrah's book, the Butterfly Effect! <3
    It's simply lovely and I can't thank her enough, I just had to share.
    If you want to read the full 'magazine' click here :blush:

LcKGrNb.png
    dxbroRe.jpg
    l9JXnBa.jpg
    edited May 2017
    3.45 Christmas Special
    23_12_16_16_58_44.png23_12_16_16_59_21.png23_12_16_17_00_57.png23_12_16_17_01_13.png23_12_16_17_02_05.png23_12_16_17_03_17.png23_12_16_17_03_43.png23_12_16_17_08_53.png23_12_16_17_09_09.png23_12_16_17_09_50.png
    23_12_16_17_10_16.png
    23_12_16_17_10_32.png
    23_12_16_17_10_47.png
    23_12_16_17_10_59.png
    23_12_16_17_12_37.png
    23_12_16_17_14_32.png
    23_12_16_17_16_33.png
    23_12_16_17_18_11.png
    23_12_16_17_18_34.png
    23_12_16_17_19_45.png
    23_12_16_17_20_28.png
    23_12_16_17_21_50.png
    23_12_16_17_22_10.png
    23_12_16_17_22_36.png
    23_12_16_17_22_49.png
    23_12_16_17_23_00.png
    2_12_16_19_14_37.png
    The Graces wish you all happy holidays and an amazing 2017 <3
    Post edited by Sterretjeee on
    Yay! That was adorable! Merry Christmas to you, too!
    EkpFDaf.png
    Merry Christmas @Sterretjeee and Merry Christmas, Graces!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Aww, so good to see Maxime again! <3 And merry Christmas!
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
  • TrishaBelleTrishaBelle Posts: 36 Member
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too. Looking forward to reading more about the Grace's in the new year.
    Yay! That was adorable! Merry Christmas to you, too!
    Merry Christmas @Sterretjeee and Merry Christmas, Graces!
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Aww, so good to see Maxime again! <3 And merry Christmas!
    Happy holidays to you too!
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too. Looking forward to reading more about the Grace's in the new year.

@Spottydog714 @Maladi777 @ThePlumbob @TheGeekGamez @TrishaBelle Thank you all for reading, commenting and the Christmas wishes! I hope you had a wonderful time <3
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    3.45 Christmas Special
    23_12_16_16_58_44.png
    23_12_16_16_59_21.png
    23_12_16_17_00_57.png
    23_12_16_17_01_13.png
    23_12_16_17_02_05.png
    23_12_16_17_03_17.png
    23_12_16_17_03_43.png
    23_12_16_17_08_53.png
    23_12_16_17_09_09.png
    23_12_16_17_09_50.png
    23_12_16_17_10_16.png
    23_12_16_17_10_32.png
    23_12_16_17_10_47.png
    23_12_16_17_10_59.png
    23_12_16_17_12_37.png
    23_12_16_17_14_32.png
    23_12_16_17_16_33.png
    23_12_16_17_18_11.png
    23_12_16_17_18_34.png
    23_12_16_17_19_45.png
    23_12_16_17_20_28.png
    23_12_16_17_21_50.png
    23_12_16_17_22_10.png
    23_12_16_17_22_36.png
    23_12_16_17_22_49.png
    23_12_16_17_23_00.png
    2_12_16_19_14_37.png
    The Graces wish you all happy holidays and an amazing 2017 <3

Not sure how I missed this Christmas Special posting .. my brain has not kicked in from cookie overload LOL It was a sweet update and I love the wordless Christmas (love doing that type of thing in story too .. while I love the written word, in Simlit sometimes they get in the way <3 ) I hope you had a very Merry Christmas :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Not sure how I missed this Christmas Special posting .. my brain has not kicked in from cookie overload LOL It was a sweet update and I love the wordless Christmas (love doing that type of thing in story too .. while I love the written word, in Simlit sometimes they get in the way <3 ) I hope you had a very Merry Christmas :)

@lisabee2 Glad you found it anyway! :)
    Thank you so much for reading and commenting <3
    I considered writing this chapter, but decided against it halfway through. I think wordless fit just fine ;)
    My Christmas was great, except for the flu that struck me on the last day! I hope your Christmas was amazing as well :blush:
    3.46 Significant Other
    Significant others are those persons who are of sufficient importance in an individual's life to affect the individual's emotions, behavior, and sense of self. While in common parlance “significant other” has come to designate a romantic partner, sociologists' broader use of the term would include other relations such as family members and close friends or mentors.

2_12_16_19_25_45.png

The last thing Adele had expected was for Michael to show up on her doorstep after their painful goodbye. She had just gotten used to her new apartment and got settled in her job when he took her by surprise. Silently she had let him in and walked to her tiny kitchen. Leaning against the couch she raised an eyebrow.

Never would she admit how hard it was not to fall into his arms, kiss his honey tasting lips and become one with him once again. Instead she stood across from him in silence.

2_12_16_19_26_08.png

“I missed you.” He said, making Adele grunt in aversion. The smile he had carried just a moment ago left as soon as it appeared. Adele was unsure what to do, the unbroken eye contact made her uncomfortable and she was thinking of a thousand things to get out of this situation.

“Michael, what are you doing here?”

It was the only answer that really could help her right now.

2_12_16_19_27_52.png

“I filled my divorce from Leah.” Was not the answer she expected. Pained she finally broke eye contact. “So?” She asked, for once speaking without analysing her every word. “Do you expect me to just continue on like nothing ever happened?”

As Michael tried to take her hand, she finally looked up. “You hurt me Michael. You chose your marriage and I chose my job.” The man was awfully quiet, upsetting Adele even more. “Tell me, what did you think would happen?”

2_12_16_19_26_54.png

“I didn’t think, Adele.” He finally spoke. “I acted, because I didn’t care how anymore. All that was left caring for was you. I want you, no matter what it takes.” Adele raised her head to speak, but Michael beat her to it. “Don’t say it’s too late, because is it ever really?” Adele broke eye contact. “Mistakes are from the past, but sincerity is found in the present.” Adele shook her head. “I can’t Michael.” She whimpered, her voice but barely a whisper. “I wish I could, but I can’t. Because I can’t afford to be hurt again. There is only so much hurt one person can take. And I, I can’t take it anymore.”

23_11_16_18_25_00.png

Farrah stared at her screen is disbelieve. What she just read was the first draft of the second book of the Butterfly Effect. The problem was that the draft didn’t come from her personal file. It was published on internet, out in the open for everyone to read. A thousand reactions and a million views were represented at the bottom of the pages, hers being only one of the many.

It felt like she was hypnotized, reading her very own words over and over again. Why would anyone violate her like that? No matter how hard she wondered, an answer she didn’t get.

23_11_16_18_27_49.png

When Farrah was finally able to act out of choice again, her natural response was to forward the article to her manager.

“I have seen it.”

His answer made her heart break in a thousand pieces, Samuel and her publisher were probably already busy with damage control. How was this leak going to affect her and her story? Would the second book even be worth buying? Would it discourage people to visit the upcoming movie?

23_11_16_18_32_16.png

Farrah clicked to start a new draft, maybe If she just wrote a different beginning the leak could be consider un-original.

Not even one word into the draft Farrah broke down, the leaked part was the only part she actually felt was good enough. And now it was nothing special anymore.

Thick tears started streaming over her cheeks, her manager shot her down. And her publisher would probably also. Her children were too young, she didn’t want to burden them with her problems. She had no partner to share her grief with.

But that didn’t mean she had no significant other.

8_12_16_11_04_28.png

“Daddy.” Farrah whimpered.

After Blue had seen how upset his daughter was he had taken her by the arm and dragged her into the master bedroom. Silently she handed him her phone, the site of the draft opened on the front page. “It’s a leak.” Farrah whispered, fighting back more tears.

Blue carelessly threw the phone on the bed, he frowned for a few seconds. “Are you mad?” She asked, the question visibly surprised him. “Of course I’m mad!” He answered.

8_12_16_11_01_33.png

“But not at you, Farrah.” He added, softly laying his big hand on her arm. “How could I blame you for someone else’s flaws!”

“It feels like Samuel does.” Farrah said, holding back a cry. “He barely responded to me.” Her father’s warm hand rubbed up and down. “He’s probably mad too.” Blue reassured. “But like me, he doesn’t blame you. I am sure. Right now he’s resolving this for you, I’m sure he is!”

8_12_16_11_02_47.png

“But we can’t change the impact this will have.” Farrah’s voice broke. “Because it will have impact.”

Blue smiled. “What had happened, happened. We can’t change that now, Farrah. Rather we make the best of it.” Softly she nodded as he spoke soothing words. “The show must go on, any kind of publicity is good publicity. Right?” Farrah was not so sure of that, but her father’s endless optimism made her form a small smile. “Right.” She repeated.

8_12_16_11_03_10.png

“Let’s wait it out for now, honey. Samuel will get back to you. Your publisher will come up with something. And the pressure will be taken of your shoulders. Just you wait my precious angel.” As he pulled her closer, Farrah let herself get absorbed in his hug. Blue held on for as long as she needed it.
    Great update! I really like what you do with the books and how the characters from it come to life too. It was a brilliant idea! Makes me want to do it too to have two stories in one. :) It gave me an interesting idea.
    I bet I know who is responsible for the leak... I wonder if Farrah realized that she needs a partner in her life to lean on after this.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Would Mirjam really do that to Farrah?
    EkpFDaf.png
    edited December 2016
    Oops wrong thread. Sorry.
    EkpFDaf.png
    Great update! I really like what you do with the books and how the characters from it come to life too. It was a brilliant idea! Makes me want to do it too to have two stories in one. :) It gave me an interesting idea.
    I bet I know who is responsible for the leak... I wonder if Farrah realized that she needs a partner in her life to lean on after this.

@Maladi777 Thank you so much! <3
    I really like the idea myself, I couldn't just be like: Yeah she wrote a book. I wanted everything, characters, story-line and got carried away :lol:
    The leak is quite scandalous, probably isn't just any ordinary hacker ;)
    For now Farrah continues to seek comfort with her father :lol:
    Would Mirjam really do that to Farrah?

@Spottydog714 We don't know if she did! Else I think the question would rather be: Why?
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

@lisabee2 Glad you found it anyway! :)
    Thank you so much for reading and commenting <3
    I considered writing this chapter, but decided against it halfway through. I think wordless fit just fine ;)
    My Christmas was great, except for the flu that struck me on the last day! I hope your Christmas was amazing as well :blush:

It was a very sweet way of doing it ... TY my Christmas was wonderful .. lots of friends and family and you just cannot ask for more.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger