Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Community Worlds Project

keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
THE COMMUNITY WORLDS PROJECT
Quicklinks

Introduction
The Community Worlds Project is a chance for creative Simmers to showcase their talents in a whole new way to TS4, through custom drawn world maps. This project will allow Simmers from all over the community to come together and present their work, whether it be house building, creating sims, or story writing, in the form of a new world with it's own backstory and uniqueness. I have drawn a variety of new maps in the style of the official TS4 world maps, all very different from one another, and with the help from you talented and creative Simmers I hope to build some really cool stories and bring the fans together, because whether you're a builder, or a writer, or you just love creating new Sims with fun backstories, there's a place in this project for everyone! You can find all of these fantastic creations in the Gallery with the hashtag #CommunityWorldsProject
Please note that this project is all for the purpose of storytelling and showcasing the talents of the community, the worlds are NOT functional or playable in game. Yet...
*GENERAL NOTICE*

Could all creators please tag their creations in the gallery with the hashtag #CommunityWorldsProject so they're easier to find. Thank you!
*BUILDER'S NOTICE*

Just a heads up for all of you builders, I don't own every pack for TS4 so some objects might not show up when I'm taking the thumbnail screenshot. I do not own the following packs:

• Luxury Party Stuff
  • Perfect Patio Stuff
  • Kids Room Stuff
  • Vintage Glamour Stuff

I'll do my best to substitute what objects I can, but be cautious of what objects you're building with!

Thanks.
Post edited by keylimepiesims on

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited January 2017
    Reserved
    edited February 2017
    Reserved
    edited January 2017
    How To Get Involved
    If you're as excited about this project as I am, then you're very welcome to get involved and help us create some awesome new worlds, so lets get started! Please find the area you wish to participate in and read the rules and guidelines before you start creating:

Builders
    It is your job to create the houses so that our Sims have a place to live, and some recreational places to keep them active e.g. Parks, Restaurants, Cinemas, Bowling Alleys (They don't have to be limited to the venues in the game, be creative!)

-Rules-
    • Before you start building, please post a comment to reserve the lot you want to build on and the world it's in e.g. "Hi, I'd like to reserve Gold Dust Park in Prospector's Pass."
    • You can create as many or as few buildings as you like, but please make a new post for every lot you want to reserve, just so they're not all tied to one comment and I can link to them separately.
    • Please only build on your reserved lot, otherwise we'll end up with more buildings than we know what to do with.
    • You can build whatever you like, but try to make it fit with the theme of the world (You wouldn't build a fairy castle in the volcanic wastelands of Mt Magma, for example...)
    • Once you've built your creation, submit it to the gallery so I can download it and take a picture of the lot for the map.
    • Please use the submission template to post your creation. You can find the submission template below, just copy and paste it into a new comment and fill it out!
    • No CC is allowed on the exterior of buildings because I do not use CC in my game so it will not show up on the map thumbnail, but feel free to use it on the interior if you so wish.
    • Please tag your creations in the gallery with #CommunityWorldsProject so they're easier to find!
    Builder's Submission Template:

Forum Name:
    Gallery Name:
    Name of Creation: (if it doesn't have a name, use the name of the lot e.g. Gold Dust Park)
    World Name:
    Lot Type: (If residential, do you plan to create a family to live in it?)
    Lot Dimensions:
    Price of Lot: §
    Lot Description:
    Lot Traits (If any):
    Screenshot of Creation: (Limit of 2 screenshots, but you can post a link to an external album like Photobucket)
    Any CC?: (If so feel free to post links to the download)

Sim Creators
    It is your job to populate our worlds with fun and unique Sims, they can be single Sims or a family, it's totally up to you!
    Please check the worlds list for lots marked with VACANT and reserve a house before creating your Sims.

-Rules-
    • Before you start creating your Sims, please look at the list of houses and find a vacant house, then post a comment to reserve the house you want to create a family for and the world it's in e.g. "Hi, I'd like to reserve Turtle Suites in Manta Reef."
    • You can create as many or as few households as you like, but please make a new post for every house you want to reserve, just so they're not all tied to one comment and I can link to them separately.
    • Please only create a household for the house you have reserved.
    • Please try to make the Sims fit in with the theme of the world if possible.
    • Once you've created your household, you can upload it to the Gallery so other's can download and play with them.
    • Please use the submission template to post your creation. You can find the submission template below, just copy and paste it into a new comment and fill it out!
    • CC is allowed, but please use only Maxis-Match so it fits in with the non CC submissions.
    • Please tag your creations in the gallery with #CommunityWorldsProject so they're easier to find!
    CAS Submission Template:

Forum Name:
    Gallery Name:
    Name of Household:
    Name of House:
    Screenshot of Household:

-Sim Bio- (Copy and paste for each Sim in the household)
    Full Name:
    Traits:
    Relationships: (With other sims in the household, or other sims in the town e.g. Boyfriend, Best Friend, Neighbour)
    Headshot of Sim:
    Any CC?: (If so feel free to post links to the download)

Story Writers/Naming
    This is a smaller role, but still just as important as the others. If you're not someone that creates your own houses or Sims then you can help to connect the worlds together by writing some backstories. The backstories can be for the worlds themselves e.g. The history of the town, or you can write the backstories for other's creations (Please do ask for their permission first though) as long as they don't already have a backstory. You can also contribute by helping to name some of the lots in the world, or even some of the worlds as well, there are a few I've not been able to think of a name for yet.

-Rules-
    • If you have any ideas for the backstory of one of the worlds then please leave a comment and I'll try to work it into the description of the world.
    • If you would like to write the backstory for someone else's creation, please ask their permission first and if they're happy with it then they can add it to their submission.
    • If you have any suggestions for unnamed lots/worlds then please leave a comment.

You don't have to be creative to get involved either, if you're keep to help and aren't able to create your own content but you saw something in the Gallery that you thought was a perfect fit for one of the worlds then send me a link to it so I can check it out and I'll try and find a place for it! I'll be sure to give credit to all creators and contributors below!

Map Makers
    If you'd like to contribute your own maps for the community to decorate with their creations, then please PM me and we can discuss the details elsewhere so the thread doesn't go off topic. You'll need some basic knowledge of Photoshop.
    edited January 2017
    The Creators
    This is a list of everyone that has helped to create these worlds, with links to their creations on the Gallery.

Builders
    (In no particular order)

Sim Creators
    (In no particular order)
    Story Writers
    (In no particular order)
    • @Simfan923 - Big thanks for writing the backstory for Snowflake Village! <3
    • @AceofSpades2231 - Big thanks for writing the backstory for Manta Reef! <3
    • @mika - Big thanks for writing the backstory for Mt Magma! <3
    • @pronterus - Big thanks for writing the backstory for Yamataki Village! <3

Map Makers
    (In no particular order)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2016
    *Looks at all the solar panels scattered around Mt. Magma*

Just... Why? A sky most likely filled with smoke and volcanic ash, and a vast supply of geothermal energy...

Sorry for being pedantic :p
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    This is a really cool idea! I will definitely start building something for you!
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Okay, this is very cool, and I love that you followed the Sims 4 structure, so if I make households to contribute, I'll have a good gut sense of where they belong in it :) Bookmarking! And would totally love to make a household for a house someone builds. I'm definitely not a builder.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    This is a really cool idea! I will definitely start building something for you!

Great to hear! Seeing as we're off to a slow start you can pick any of the lots without having to reserve one, but if things pick up and more people want to join in then we'll probably have to start reserving them so everyone has their own space to build. :)

Thanks for participating!
    Okay, this is very cool, and I love that you followed the Sims 4 structure, so if I make households to contribute, I'll have a good gut sense of where they belong in it :) Bookmarking! And would totally love to make a household for a house someone builds. I'm definitely not a builder.

Awesome, thanks Luthienrising, can't wait to see what sims you make! Also if you know anyone that would want to join in then please do invite them! :)
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    *Looks at all the solar panels scattered around Mt. Magma*

Just... Why? A sky most likely filled with smoke and volcanic ash, and a vast supply of geothermal energy...

Sorry for being pedantic :p

Hahaha, thats a good point... Mt Magma was supposed to be a scientific research base, so I just put in things I thought would look the part, didn't really think about the practicality... xD
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited December 2016
    What a great idea!!!
    I would love to build something for Prospector's Pass' Pewter Loft 40x40.
    And I would also like to contribute with a Household.
    Would it be possible for me to create both, the house and the family that will live in it?

@keylimepiesims I have finished with my Lot, and I am almost done with the Household that will live in it.

Here is Prospector's Pass' Pewter Loft, home of the McOil family.

12_17_16_4_40_16_PM.pngsubir fotos gratis

Forum name: AlbaWaterhouse
    Gallery name: AlbaWaterhouse
    Name of Creation: Pewter Loft
    Lot Type: House
    Lot Dimensions: 40x40
    Price of Lot: §421,385
    Lot Description: Down the basement, a pool of extremely rare pure chug-chug oil that keeps the family on the 1% for generations. Filled with family ancestors' statues and portraits, and a lot of history.
    Lot Traits: Fast Internet, Good Schools
    Any CC?: No CC

Please, allow me to introduce you to the McOil family:

mcoil.jpgsubir fotos gratis

The McOil family has been one of the richest families in Prospector's Pass for countless generations. Now, recently widowed Ervin is trying to teach August everything about the family business and wants him to start working on the chug-chug oil company as soon as he finishes High School. The problem is, August has other plans. He wants to move to the city and try his luck as a musician, this has always been his dream. August never liked the decadent lifestyle his family has (butlers, maids, eating out daily, etc) and is even teaching himself how to cook, he plans to leave home as soon as he graduates and start a new life in San Myshuno. This will enrage his father, but August has a plan: showing his dad, that the perfect heir is right in front of him: little Rebecca McOil. She is a self-assured girl that will love to take control of the family company when she grows up. Will traditional narrow-minded Ervin McOil embrace this alternative plan?

Forum name: AlbaWaterhouse
    Gallery name: AlbaWaterhouse
    Name of Household: McOil Family
    Name of House: Pewter Loft
    Any CC?: No CC

Ervin McOil:
    12_22_16_3_23_10_PM.png

Age: Adult (10 days away from becoming an Elder on normal ageing setting)
    Career: Business (10, Angel Investor)
    Traits: Materialistic, Perfectionist, Self-Assured (extra traits: Shrewd, Business Savvy, Mentor)
    Relationships: Neutral with his son August (Ervin doesn't understand his son's dreams and pushes him into becoming the new CEO of the chug-chug oil company as soon as Ervin retires).
    Loving with his daughter Rebecca.

August McOil:
    12_22_16_3_23_18_PM.png

Age: Teen (6 days away from becoming a Young Adult on normal ageing setting)
    Career: High School
    Traits: Music Lover, Creative (extra traits: Observant, Muser)
    Relationships: Problematic at times with his dad since their way of seeing the world is so different. Loving with his little sister Rebecca.

Rebecca McOil:
    12_22_16_3_23_24_PM.png

Age: Child (6 days away from becoming a Teen on normal ageing setting)
    Career: School
    Traits: Self-Assured (extra traits: Mentally Gifted)
    Relationships: She adores her dad and wants to follow his steps and loves her big brother and thinks he is the coolest.

Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Love this and definitely want to contribute with houses and households. Bookmarked this thread! Should be fun.
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Oh, I'd love to join in on this! I have to wait to I get home though, so I can take a good look at the maps :pleased:
    What a great idea!!!
    I would love to build something for Prospector's Pass' Pewter Loft 40x40.
    And I would also like to contribute with a Household.
    Would it be possible for me to create both, the house and the family that will live in it?

Yes absolutely, that would be great! :)
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Love this and definitely want to contribute with houses and households. Bookmarked this thread! Should be fun.

Awesome, thanks for participating! :chuffed:
    Hannie wrote: »
    Oh, I'd love to join in on this! I have to wait to I get home though, so I can take a good look at the maps :pleased:

Brilliant! There's no rush, I'll keep updating the thread with more worlds (I have loads planned out) so this will be an ongoing project. :)
  • AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok, so now that I have had a good chance to look at the maps. (I was viewing them from a picture blocked internet at school XD) I would like to build a nightclub on the Fishermans Grotto lot in the Manta Reef map. If I could, I would also like come up with the backstory for same map? I have a good idea and if i could I would like to expand on it.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
    Ok, so now that I have had a good chance to look at the maps. (I was viewing them from a picture blocked internet at school XD) I would like to build a nightclub on the Fishermans Grotto lot in the Manta Reef map. If I could, I would also like come up with the backstory for same map? I have a good idea and if i could I would like to expand on it.

Sounds awesome! I'll reserve the lot for you now. And yes of course you can write the backstory for the map as well! Can't wait to see what you come up with. :D
  • JuanGartnerJuanGartner Posts: 39 Member
    How I wish to have worlds like this in the game, they are all so good! why is it impossible for us players to create our own in the game? or at least, release Worlds separated again like in Sims 3, there's not enough space.
    09-04-14_1-35%25C2%25A0AM-2.png
  • JoaoCamoes123JoaoCamoes123 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is awsome!!
    I'd like to build something for Turtle Suites in Manta Reef.
    Hopefully the Sims' team looks into this and gets some inspiration.
  • isimkateisimkate Posts: 9 New Member
    I love this and would love to participate! Can I reserve an empty lot 20x30 in snowflake village? :awesome:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    What an awesome project! Have you considered moving it to one of the creative forums? There are a lot of participants there who probably never come into general discussion.
  • RacodyRacody Posts: 15 Member
    I loved the project and would like to help with the construction
    I just got confused on which lots are houses or public lots (or if I'm blinding and the name of the lot does not have to have relation to the house itself)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd like to take the 50x50 Flaming Llama Falls in Magma Falls as a research facility. And I'd also like to claim the 30x30 Smoulder House in the same world for a bar venue. If possible, I would also like to clain the 20x20 soot shack as residential in Magma Falls.

Can I claim that many? If no, let me know and I will narrow it down.
  • CaramelWonderGirlCaramelWonderGirl Posts: 3 New Member
    I would love to submit a build for Manta Reef the 40x40 empty lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top