Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Did you get the new pack? If so, how are you liking all our new goodies? There are so many cool new things, I'm just Loving it! :smiley:<3

Yes, I did get the new pack. There are so many new build/buy items, I have just begun to explore them! :smiley: I'm still disappointed that we can't create our own apartment buildings, but with the complicated game play, I can understand why that is so. And I do really like the urban environment.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Metro Retro is a beautiful penthouse. I love the design and layout and all that detailed decor :)
    Hugs xxx
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @StSciurus, yes it was a real let down to learn that we can't build our own versions... I haven't taken the time to play yet. I will try to set aside some time for that. I'd like to see how the market venues work. Like you, I Love all the Awesome new content and I too, am just beginning to explore everything. Have fun playing! :blush:

Thank you for the lovely comment @AIRIS6962 :relaxed:
    Wentworth Cottage 4br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $262,118
    No CC

Gallery Link

Slideshow

This cozy home has three bedrooms on the main floor, along with kitchen, dining, living room, study, two baths and two porches. The basement has an additional bedroom, family/game room, playroom, bath and an interior "outdoor" room which consists of a pool, hot tub and some gym equipment. It was built on a smallish lot and I couldn't fit a pond or pool outside so I decided to add a pool in the basement, which had plenty of space.

I will show a few pictures here but have included the link to the slideshow for those who would like to see all the pictures. :blush:

Some exterior views:

11-20-16_11-32-57nbspAM_zpsyv5d56so.png

11-20-16_11-33-30nbspAM_zpscdegcxaf.png

11-19-16_7-51-11nbspPM_zpsxumoivjg.png

11-20-16_7-59-19nbspPM_zpsjfolpi6s.png

Roof view and floor plans:

11-20-16_7-56-41nbspPM_zpshxizhcr5.png

11-20-16_7-56-59nbspPM_zpsxwy9mvp1.png

11-20-16_7-57-37nbspPM_zpsyk1ng2zs.png

A few shots of the interior:

11-19-16_7-55-32nbspPM_zpsyuwnl7nu.png

11-19-16_7-57-05nbspPM_zps96tnpotl.png

11-19-16_7-57-51nbspPM_zpsbaem4hfx.png

11-19-16_8-06-03nbspPM_zpsko9v3k2w.png

11-19-16_8-09-16nbspPM_zpsiqfbauq6.png

11-19-16_8-08-55nbspPM_zpshbgfxkps.png

Thank you for stopping in for a look. :blush:

Goodnight!

11-20-16_5-18-20nbspPM_zpsarxngqqv.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Wentworth Cottage is so very pretty! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The flowers look so very pretty along the edges of the home! The roofing and dormers are very nice! The different sized chimneys look great! The flower box windows look very nice in the build. It looks very nice how you have done the front fencing. The angled open gates have a nice welcoming look. The exterior wall textures gives a great look to the home. The floral covered trellis art nook is very pretty! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there in the outdoors air. Nice back patio dining area for sims to enjoy cooking and dining at the table outdoors. They will enjoy doing woodworking on the work bench. Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars. Very nice water fountain and sitting nook! Sims will enjoy resting on the seating looking at the water fountain and enjoying the floral setting . Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It is great that there is a basement level. The indoors pool , gym and hot tub areas are very nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub and like keeping fit using the fitness equipment. The pool nook looks so great! The large wall pictures and the row of cactuses look so very effective! They complement each other well! The type of flooring looks great with the pictures and plants too. Very nice living sitting room. It looks nice how the sofas are placed facing each other, and the candles, teaset and books are nice home touches on the table between them. The bookshelves look nice placed either sides of the fireplace. It looks a nice warm place for sims to enjoy resting in front of the fire, reading a book and listening to music from the gramophone. The flowers are pretty on the fireplace ledge. The curtains in the rooms through the home look so nice! Very nice dining room! The red colour scheme looks very nice! The enlarged dining table looks nice , and the seats look nice placed on each side. The flowers on the dining and side wall tables are pretty for sims to see when dining, and go well in the room's colour scheme. The teaset and fruit picture are nice dining room touches, and the plants are nice touches of green in the room. Very nice furnishing of the study room! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or enjoy relaxing in the armchairs in front of the fire reading a book. The ship , globe and wall map look great there. The tv watching room is very nice! The way that the armchairs and sofas are placed there looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting whilst watching tv.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Wentworth Cottage is an absolutely beautiful build both inside and out. Love how you've created the dining table, looks amazing :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited November 2016
    Wentworth Cottage is a very lovely and cozy home. I love the porches! :smile:
    @rosemow, Thank you for your wonderful comments, Rose! It's always a pleasure to hear from you. :)<3

@masajo, Thank you! Your lovely comments are very much appreciated. :blush:

@AIRIS6962, Thank you so much for the sweet comments! :relaxed:
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    There's a lot of nice things to say about this cottage. :) One thing that stood out for me as being quite novel was the cacti in front of the desert landscape painting. Lovely build as always. :)
    Thank you for the kind comment, @sawdust! :blush:
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Look at you....building, building, building! I have NOT built one thing for months....no time....

Beautiful cottage, Ms Cath♥♥ Such charm and warmth. I enjoy all your builds...so much of YOU in each one.

Hope you have a wonderful week.
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Lovely to come back to the forums and be greeted by your wonderful builds. The penthouse is fantastic! Love the way you have decorated. The traditional style of house looks fantastic too. Fabulous architecture! Well done Cath! Already added them to my favourites. <3
    Thank you so much, @Cassee! I hope you get some time to do some building soon, Cass. I really miss seeing some new builds from you... There are lots of pretty cool new items in the new packs. I haven't even gotten a chance to check out everything thoroughly yet and now with the holidays creeping up, I probably won't have tons of time till they're over... Ah well, I'm sure it'll be a loooong winter :p

Thank you for your most lovely comments, @yanti68! It's so nice to see you back with some of your wonderful new builds. :3
    Blue Christmas
    5br, 5ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $503,722
    No CC

Gallery Link

This home is all decorated for Christmas and ready for a large family, with five bedrooms and five baths. It uses Base Game and Free Christmas pack only. There's a large kitchen with breakfast nook and keeping room, open to the family room. This floor also has a formal dining room, study, music room, gym/game room and full bath. The upper level has all five bedrooms and four baths. Outdoors there is a pool (for warmer weather) and some monkey bars for the kiddies. There are lots of Christmas trees and decorations throughout the entire home.

12-07-16_8-30-10nbspAM_zps6fiyb63n.png

12-07-16_8-31-01nbspAM_zpstwhdzdwy.png

12-07-16_8-31-38nbspAM_zpsehedyfhv.png

12-07-16_8-30-43nbspAM_zpsqmd0kvmk.png

Roof view and floor plans:

12-07-16_8-32-10nbspAM_zpstopaccvf.png

12-07-16_8-33-31nbspAM_zpsikdbgznt.png

12-07-16_8-34-14nbspAM_zpstxm9efvn.png

Heading inside the front entrance, you'll find the open concept family room, kitchen, breakfast nook and keeping room, straight ahead:

12-06-16_8-43-05nbspPM_zpsokhrq5ju.png

12-06-16_8-44-23nbspPM_zpscuc3yvqk.png

12-06-16_8-45-12nbspPM_zpsf77vbl5b.png

12-06-16_8-45-26nbspPM_zps0xclevtv.png

12-06-16_8-45-44nbspPM_zpsgwggcjg6.png

Just to the right of the keeping room, is the side entrance (not shown) and gym/game room:

12-06-16_8-53-55nbspPM_zpsqgsgjhfy.png

12-06-16_8-55-03nbspPM_zpsxxhbdpgf.png

Off the front entrance to the right is the formal dining room and the music room is to the left. The study is just off the music room:

12-06-16_8-56-41nbspPM_zpsmgi0agkl.png

12-06-16_8-57-28nbspPM_zpsrmz9mnvv.png

12-06-16_8-58-13nbspPM_zpsss94ecg5.png

Here's a peek at the two story family room, from the upper landing:

12-06-16_9-08-55nbspPM_zpsrlxy1wru.png

Down the hall to the left there's a room for older girls and one for older boys:

12-06-16_9-00-15nbspPM_zpsyupfjx4y.png

12-06-16_9-00-30nbspPM_zpsktqggzsf.png

12-06-16_8-59-11nbspPM_zpsqyebijw0.png

12-06-16_8-59-36nbspPM_zpsb0xfvcx7.png

To the right is the Master En Suite, nursery and room for a young girl:

12-06-16_9-05-59nbspPM_zpssfrpnjuv.png

12-06-16_9-06-07nbspPM_zpsqlipj11e.png

12-07-16_8-27-24nbspAM_zpsrgz7kcf9.png

12-06-16_9-05-30nbspPM_zpsftggavi1.png

12-06-16_9-01-11nbspPM_zps1qjnisl9.png

12-06-16_9-01-28nbspPM_zpsiju1pva8.png

And that's it! Thank you for taking a look :3

Merry Christmas and Good Night!

12-06-16_9-21-26nbspPM_zpsmoiyjl3h.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Blue Christmas is such a very pretty and festive home for Christmas! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very nice! Very nice roofing! The snowy white colour looks very nice. The Christmas wreaths are very nice touches on the front exterior , the windows and on the chimneys. The snowflakes look nice on the exterior also. The lit white trees look very pretty in the build ! The different sized snowmen in the front garden on the snow look very cute! The large and the smallerChristmas tree in the front area of the home are very nice for sims to see when coming to the home. The lights on the exterior of the home look so very nice! The snowy white ground floor texture looks very wintry! Very nice back patio pool,and play area. Sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars or enjoy swimming in the pool.
    Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice colour schemes of the rooms! The entrance staircase nook area looks very nice! The nut cracker looks nice there and the candles and blue flowers look very pretty on the side wall tables. The family photos on the staircase wall are nice for sims to see when going up and down the stairs. Very nice family room! The rock wall texture looks nice. Sims will enjoy resting there on the red sofas watching tv.and looking at the pretty Christmas tree. The gnome and nut cracker look cute on the fireplace ledges through the home! The candles look pretty placed between them. The layout and design of the kitchen looks so very nice! Nice windows breakfast nook for sims to enjoy eating meals there with sunlight coming in through the windows. It is nice filled kitchen. The red curtains give a very nice look to the room. The Christmas tree and the presents at the base of it is very nice for sims to see when cooking and dining there. Very nice design of the sink, stove and bar stool counter ! The wall clock is homely. The fireplace sitting nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy siting there in front of the fire listening to music from the gramophone. The grandfather clock is a nice touch there ! Very nice games , gym and art nook! Sims will have fun playing chess and card games at the tables. They will enjoy looking out at the views whilst painting on the easel. The green wall colour and red curtains look very nice together. The wreath is a nice touch on the wall. It is nice place for them to use the fitness equipment to keep fit. The dining room is very nice. Very nice blue and yellow colour scheme of the room! The curtains look very nice! The floral wall picture is pretty to see when dining at the table. The silvery Christmas tree is pretty in the room. The teaset is a nice touch on the side wall table.The study room is very festive too ! It looks a very warm room for sims to enjoy sitting resting there in front of the fire having a chat and a read. The candles look pretty on the fireplace ledge and the table between the armchairs. The globe and corner grandfather clock are homely touches in the room. The Christmas tree looks very pretty in the room! The music room is very nice! Sims will enjoy resting in the armchairs there near the fire, listening to the piano music. The floral wall picture is pretty for sims to see when sitting there. The candles look nice placed either sides of the clock. The furnishing of each of the bedrooms looks so very nice! I won't post about them because the post is already long! Each of them are very nice though! There are so many creative design features in the bedrooms! The moo work and the placement of items looks so very nice!
    It is a special festive home for Christmas! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Blue Christmas is gorgeous I love everything about it, great layout and design and all that beautiful decorations. The night view is just magical :)
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @rosemow and @Cbear13, Thank you both so very much for the lovely comments! <3 I hope you have wonderful holidays :3
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Blue Christmas is the perfect holiday home! :awesome: And what a lovely gift to offer a home with base game materials + the free holiday pack only. I've always thought blue was a wonderful winter/holiday color!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Blue Christmas is a most stunningly beautiful home, very impressive for basegame and holiday pack items only :) Love the Christmas colours inside and the wintry trees behind the house, looks very effective :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Thank you so much, @StSciurus! It's funny about the color because when I was building the home, I couldn't decide whether to go with the traditional red and white or something different. When I tried the blue (it might actually be considered green and I might be color blind :p ) I really liked how it looked at night. Then Elvis' song came to mind and that decided it. :blush:

Thank you so very much for your extremely generous comments, @masajo! They make me so happy and are always very much appreciated. :relaxed:
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    More beautiful creations sweetie! Love the Christmas home its adorable.
    Thank you so much Bree, @BreeMiles! Hope you have a Lovely holiday season :)<3
    @justbrice Hi Brice, I have a couple of pics of some homes that look like they could accommodate your floor plan nicely. I was thinking of having the big patio across the back of the home.

Pools are included with the base game but hot tubs come with a stuff pack (Perfect Patios) I think. I could probably add a "fake" one at the end of the pool, if you'd like.

Here are a couple of designs I was thinking of:

5028549641e03fc32f4e74de3096a374_zpsvmyroktx.jpeg

1166_blog_page_zpsn9ks5ey5.jpeg

w300x200_zpswybpo4a2.jpeg

Let me know what you think. :smile:
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Cath. Thanks for taking my request. I can't wait to see it. I can't decide between the first and third house. I might need some help. Which one do you think looks good? The second house looks small, so that's one out. I could get the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack. Let's say, you add the fake hot tub. When I do get the Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, would I be able to replace it?
    @justbrice, I would make sure the fake hot tub is the same size as the real ones, so it would be easily replaced. I'm not sure which home I like more... How about if I try them out in game and see which one is a better fit?