Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Bummer @AlwaysTheSun :( I hate it when awesome things make your game glitchy and you have to remove them. Cute pics otherwise. :) Your another person whose graphics card I wish I had. ;)

@Charlottesmom Thank you. <3 Your unicorn pics are always lovely.

@PalmArrow I loved the way you ended that update with suspense. ;)
    wickedjr89 wrote: »
    @emorrill I love your pony Sims! I love My Little Pony too :)

Thank you @wickedjr89 :) The new MLP is SO much better than the old ones! I can't wait for Season 7! (The rest of Season 6 needs to show up on Netflix already! :neutral: )
    mycami21 wrote: »

@emorrill Love your update and I hope Sam gets to see his unicorn. Reading your updates is making me want to watch Quantum Leap again. lol

Thanks @mycami21 :) Go watch a few on Netflix before they take it off Jan 1st! :cry:

@everyone I LOVE reading all of your stories! <3 I know that we all help inspire each other in our games.
    Happy Simming!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    Thank you all <3

ajrwvT5.jpg

ytVn33q.jpg

Bmo7bMV.jpg

NTnK4Ek.jpg

IdMYdc4.jpg

aoJc2y6.jpg

9KFYIAB.jpg
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    @emorrill I actually prefer the older seasons, i've been losing interest in it a bit and season 6 was hit or miss for me with the episodes. That said I still enjoy and love the show and plan to stick around with it. I love the characters and all. :) I loved the season 6 finale and am looking forward to season 7. Sorry it's not on netflix yet, I won't spoil you.
  • Options
    readypostreadypost Posts: 60 Member
    @mycami21 congrats and cant wait for your pictures btw Santa came early and sent you something on your wishlist.
    Meteor Marissa sim is being recycled after her file went bad.Came across an old challenge on crinrict's site about "do opposites really attract?".Never did a challenge before so gonna give it a try.
    @PalmArrow yikes!Don't ask that server what's in the secret sauce,probably better off not knowing! :#
    All the beautiful unicorn pics!Ive never seen more than one in any game I've played and they are almost always such a dark black they were hard to see clearly at the late night hours they showed up at. :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @PalmArrow and @AlwaysTheSun Nice pictures :smile:

@mycami21 Thanks for the feedback :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    @readypost Thank you for the gift. I've had my eye on that one for a while. I haven't played with taking in game pictures before so after Santa brings me my new drive and I start playing again I'm going to have alot of fun with it.
    I look forward to seeing updates on your challenge with Meteor Marissa.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    A little late, but your video was awesome, @CravenLestat So sad... <3
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg! Hey there! :smiley: How are you doing?

Have you seen my new story lately? It starts on page 919. ;)
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Spent most of my in-game time reworking outfits for aged-up Sims. Will likely be doing that again today (though I'll have a little more time to play today). Haven't reintroduced my removed NRaas mods yet. Possibly tomorrow or this weekend.

Happy Simming!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Cadh20000 Hope you worked out the crash problem.

@cwaddell Great updates and lovely shots. Good luck with your ambrosia quest :)

@emorrill Wow! That's more reading than I normally do over my morning cup of coffee LOL
    Great update and I must say that your Sam is totally recognizable in your game :)

@AlwaysTheSun I have not tried Paradise Island but I have read many people have issues with it. Sorry you had to uninstall :(
    Beautiful shots and your sims are cute :)

@Charlottesmom Don't tell me about not sleeping :( I haven't slept well since I turned 50. Some nights are okay but I have weeks where I sleep very little. I think it's a woman thing :(
    Thanks :) I am having fun with UL. I am not taking many pics because it is mostly a test run but I am getting to the point where I would like to try it on my family save. From what I have learned, I don't think I will be sending my family sims to Uni but I look forward to having some of the content in my game :)
    Always lovely seeing your unicorn pics :)

@TadOlson Yeah, playing families is definitely fun :) Lee's house is coming along nicely :)

@CravenLestat I think I may have looked at Annabelle a long time ago but I don't recall what she looks like. Not that it really matters, as I wouldn't go to so much trouble for a female sim. I do remember going to a lot of effort to get the Tragic Clown in my save and my sim had a ghost baby but his genetics were not to my liking after all that work. If I remember, I will take Annabelle into CAS next time I see her tag over the cemetery. My Sunset Valley ghosts seem to be very active and can be found most nights.

@king_of_simcity7 Sweet update with the mistletoe :)

@PalmArrow Cute update ... always nice to see toddlers :)

@mycami21 Congrats on becoming a member :)

@MoonandStars83 I seem to spend a lot of time fixing up outfits for birthday sims in my saves. It is nice trying Uni Life for a break as there are no birthdays to deal with. I feel your pain. Happy Simming to you also :)
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@emorrill Wow! That's more reading than I normally do over my morning cup of coffee LOL
    Great update and I must say that your Sam is totally recognizable in your game :)

Awww thank you @Mikezumi :blush: Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the compliment. <3
    I look forward to your next post. :)
  • Options
    @emorrill You're welcome :) I don't know when I will have a new pic post as I am taking only a few pics as it is mostly a Uni test run and the pics I am taking would need a lot of creative editing with all the streakers in town LOL
    Paul rolled a wish to fall in love for the hundredth time and, although I had been cancelling and telling him off, I decided to go for it since he is a day away from the end of his second semester. If I feel up to it after I have done some things around the house, I might go through the pics I do have and see if there is anything worth sharing. I don't do stories so I don't want to bore anyone.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comment
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @emorrill You're welcome :) I don't know when I will have a new pic post as I am taking only a few pics as it is mostly a Uni test run and the pics I am taking would need a lot of creative editing with all the streakers in town LOL
    Paul rolled a wish to fall in love for the hundredth time and, although I had been cancelling and telling him off, I decided to go for it since he is a day away from the end of his second semester. If I feel up to it after I have done some things around the house, I might go through the pics I do have and see if there is anything worth sharing. I don't do stories so I don't want to bore anyone.

@Mikezumi Girl you wouldn't bore anyone! :anguished: We all LOVE everyone's stories on here! <3

Right folks? ;)
  • Options
    @emorrill Thanks *hugs* I wasn't saying that I was boring but I know that some people prefer stories which, with my imagination and slightly dry sense of humour, just wouldn't work at all :p

@Charlottesmom Did Beau and Lotta make a baby or just have some fun?
    Sorry your move didn't work out like you wanted :( I know that I hate sending my boys traveling (and it would seem University works the same) in that I need to reset their gender preference every time. Not a happy camper about that situation :rage:
    This is the main reason I said in an earlier post that my main sims would not go to university. Not only the gender preference resetting but also the loss of stats, like nectar making and woohoo stats, which my boys work hard on.
    Your pics were great even if the save went nowhere :)
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @Mikezumi , I was more suprised and confused about why it even happened, I've never had those four (or Vlad) in any sort of gay or bi situation. And it didn't happen in my Moonlight save...just wierd! I'll probably start a new save in SV tomorrow, I may even revert back to strait Billy and Luke, I would really like to have Sophia with Luke, they acted more like a couple than Sophia and Billy did!
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    @Charlottesmom I always get a laugh at visual glitches like that, like getting stuck in the dresser.
    Candy is so beautiful <3

Sorry I don't often have much to say, or anything, other than the occassional comment and update, but I do love this thread and lurking I do :)
    I haven't played the past couple days, doing other things, but i'm itching to play and when I do I have a birthday boy to attend to! :D
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , I was more suprised and confused about why it even happened, I've never had those four (or Vlad) in any sort of gay or bi situation. And it didn't happen in my Moonlight save...just wierd! I'll probably start a new save in SV tomorrow, I may even revert back to strait Billy and Luke, I would really like to have Sophia with Luke, they acted more like a couple than Sophia and Billy did!
    @Charlottesmom
    Anymore than I have had any of my boys in a straight situation LOL
    It's just that new saves resets sims (or probably more accurately they are not the same sims each time, merely clones).
    Some sims do seem to work better as couples. I know I have tried to force relationships that weren't meant to be and it just makes an unhappy gaming experience in the long run. Of course I do get frustrated when my sims seem to only want to do things with each other and the kids don't get the attention I think they should. I guess there's no winning with sims LOL
  • Options
    mycami21mycami21 Posts: 752 Member
    I'm still working on getting the story up to where I am at in the game so I don't have any pictures yet but when I start playing again I will try to go back to some of my old saves and try to get some. Now for the update.

Things continue to go well for the trio. All three have the neat and artistic traits so they take turns cleaning the house and each have their own easel. With the money they make from selling their paintings and job bonuses they add a dance studio for Ariel (an up and coming Rock star needs to practice her moves right???) and some exercise equipment for Braxton. He made it onto the team so he has to stay fit.

Ariel and Apple both get job opportunities to goto Egypt. Since they had been so busy concentrating on their jobs and had been growing apart as friends they figured they would travel there together plus sightseeing is always more fun with a friend.

The plane ride there seemed quicker than they thought it would and arrived refreshed so they decide to go directly to the market so that Apple could buy the recipe she needed and Ariel could earn the tips she needed to impress her boss. Apple buys her recipe and sits down to read it while Ariel plays. Once the recipe is learned Apple notices that there are a few people watching her friend play but thinks to herself "From the looks of things it's going to take Ariel all weekend to get the money she needs" She remembered seeing an adventure board when they arrived at base camp so after doing a little more shopping Apple goes back there and checks it out.

Fast forward several adventures (mainly finding gems and talking to the natives) and some very sore fingers on Ariel's part it's finally time for the duo to return home. On the plane ride back, Ariel asked Apple what she thought of Braxton. Apple told her that she thought he was very cute but she is too busy with her job right now to even think about a romantic involvement at this time.... Ariel smiles the rest of the flight home.

I'm sorry if this was a little long winded. I'll pick up with what happened after they returned home next time.
    Daily Deal Thread
    What Happened in your game today? 1000 plus pages strong.

Pictures and descriptions of the Clue characters and of Boddy mansion I created can be found here

Stephen and Sakura's Werewolf/building challenge

My Studio
  • Options
    @Mikezumi , Oops, I forgot Dylan was gay for about 2 real life hours when I first made Simon, one of my Vampires(who is now strait too), but that was over a year ago and that Dylan is long gone, even erased his memories. Huh, never really thought of my library save guys as clones in each new save but it makes sence, they keep close relations, skills and traits but other relations are broken, so it is essentially starting over with a semi fresh Sim. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    A shorter Sam story this time. ;)

Gone in a Flash

Sam nearly kicked his front door down trying to get the weak Edelaine in his arms inside. He gently placed her down on the stone bench in his foyer thanking the Lord she was still conscious.
    "Can you sit up?" he asked her, hesitant to remove her from his grasp.
    "Yeeah," Edelaine said, "I think so...for a moment."
    Sam trusted her and rushed into the kitchen. He called out, "Which would you prefer: A Spoonful of Sugar or Honey?"
    "Honey all the way!"

While hearing a few things clanking in the kitchen, Sam was at her side in seconds and practically forced the spoonful of honey down her throat. Edelaine gulped hard. "Sorry," Sam said, "that's why I brought you a cup of water as well." He handed her the glass from his other hand. She smiled in gratitude. "Thank you," she said, before taking a sip.

Sam sat there for a few moments beside her, watching her sip and examining her face. "We'll give that honey a few minutes to get into your system," he said to her, "and you should be feeling quite a bit better."
    Edelaine nodded and sipped again. There was silence between the two for a couple of minutes. "I need to use the restroom," she said, standing herself up, but falling back a little.
    Sam jumped up to catch her. "Whoa there," he said, helping her keep her balance. "I think the bathroom can wait. You need to sit down for a few more minutes still."
    Edelaine was slightly annoyed, but she really was thankful at the same time. "Gee, what are you a doctor or something?" she joked to Sam while hiding her blushing.
    Sam cracked a smile. "Actually...I am."
    "What?"
    "It's true. I've got a degree in medicine."
    Shaking her head with a smile, Edelaine said, "Sam Beckett you are just full of surprises aren't you?"
    Now Sam was blushing, "Well..." he paused and studied her face again. Then he said, "There's the color in your cheeks I was hoping to see again."
    Edelaine lowered her head again, thankful she could hide a little behind her glasses.
    SB_Post_2_24.jpg

"I think I'm feeling well enough to make it to the bathroom," she said. "If you'll excuse me?"
    "Oh...of course," Sam said, snapping out of his thoughts. "It's that door right down the hall in front of you."
    "Thanks."

Edelaine struggled to shake off the dizziness while exiting the bathroom. She was greeted by Sam holding out another glass to her that was most likely juice this time.
    "Here's some fruit punch," he said. "I expect you to drink all of it. Doctor's orders." He winked.
    Edelaine took it from him and asked, "Sam...why are you being so nice to me?"
    Sam was about to head for the couch when he stopped in his tracks. He glanced over at her as if surprised and replied, "I just did what anyone would've done."
    Lowering her head, Edelaine said somberly, "I dunno about that...most people hate us Paparazzi."
    Instead of responding to that, Sam beckoned for her to come sit on the couch. "You should sit down and drink that," he said. "Plus I think it would be best if you stayed here tonight. It's pretty late."
    Edelaine nearly choked on the juice as she sat down. "No!" she cried, then seeing Sam's expression she changed her tone. "I mean...I should be alright to drive home if you take me back to my car at the falls," she said. "We hardly know each other enough for me to stay."
    "True," Sam admitted, "but I would feel better if you got some rest. It was pretty clear earlier that your blood sugar dropped considerably low."
    "I feel fine now. Really."
    "Please..." Sam almost begged. "Stay for me. As a friend. You can take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch."
    "I can't let you do that."
    Staring at her with a grin again he said, "Try me."

Edelaine HATED losing...especially in a situation like this. That Sam Beckett sure has a way with people! she thought as she removed her clothes, down to her underwear and crawled under the covers of his bed. The sheets were silky soft and surprisingly warm. It felt nice. Before closing her eyes though, she finally got a good look at all those pictures on the one wall. She gaped when she realized what they were. Breathlessly she whispered, "So he IS famous!" She studied the diplomas even more. "And a GENIUS!"

Indeed...Sam Beckett was full of surprises.

She didn't have the energy to think too much on that now. Her eyes grew heavy and within seconds she was sound asleep.
    SB_Post_2_25.jpg

The next morning Sam woke up feeling achy, Those couches are horribly uncomfortable! but it made him feel better to know that Edelaine was feeling well and sleeping soundly. He peeked into his bedroom to check on her for a moment and then decided to cook a nice breakfast for her. Something super sugary...just to be on the safe side. Pancakes! :)
    SB_Post_2_26.jpg

He figured she would've woken up by all the noise he was making in the kitchen, but nope. He helped himself to a serving while she continued to sleep.
    SB_Post_2_27.jpg

As he washed his plate in the sink and glanced out the window like he normally did, he about dropped the plate on his foot and gaped as he recognized the person running away from his home was Edelaine!
    SB_Post_2_28.jpg

How did she!? he thought. Oh he wished he'd had his clothes on so he could run out and chase her but...she was gone in a flash. Sam had never stared out a window for so long. He just stood there, like a statue, feeling dejected.

To be continued...
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    @Charlottesmom LOL!!! :lol: Your dialogue cracks me up!!! I thoroughly enjoy reading your sim stories and how they act! :)
    Bummer about the unwanted Gay/Bi stuff... so are you going to go back to a previous save?
    There was a moment when I was playing Sam that it showed him being attracted to another guy and the other guy to him. I was like, "Yeeeah...I DON'T think so!" I think the thing to blame on these kinds of situations is the NRaas mod that shall not be named.......

@CravenLestat Why did your random post out of nowhere not surprise me in the least? ;)
    I need to know which premade that girl is now...

• Options
    edited December 2016
    @emorrill , You weren't around for it but I just wrapped up a big story about a bunch of gay guys (and cancer). I have absolutely no issue with gay Sims as long as they are the ones I want gay ;) .

In my case it couldn't have been a mod as I am totally modless.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top