Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No seasons?

I got City Living a week ago, and am enjoying it very much. But one thing struck me; so much is built around those festivals. They are quite cool and I like them even better than the seasonal festival lots we got in TS3. But - in TS3 the festivals had seasonal teams, so they matched the changing seasons. In TS4 I can't really think the festivals will look as good in Winter - unless snow it prevented to fall on those squares/markets, of course.

Does anyone know if there will be a TS4 Seasons EP? I really hope so, but I'm thinking that if EA planned seasons, the festival dining areas might have comer with a tent to protect guests from rain and snow etc... Hopefully I'm wrong :)
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't expect to see seasons like they are done in 3. Maybe more like 1 where if you want to see snow you need to go on vacation to a snowy destination.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Who knows? Perhaps they will add new festivals that spawn as new content comes out?
  • TxrdlyPxxpTxrdlyPxxp Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2016
    If a Sims 3-like seasons EP does come out, I think having seasonal festivals would be amazing! My town I live in does festivals for all four seasons, and it's always so fun! I want my sims to have that much fun. :wink:
  • rialrial Posts: 32 Member
    i'm waiting seasons ep
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I hope they bring out a Seasons EP. In the meantime, I have downloaded a Mod, so have others, which gives you Seasons. Of course, it isn't as good as the real thing, but it works for now.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I hope they bring out a Seasons EP. In the meantime, I have downloaded a Mod, so have others, which gives you Seasons. Of course, it isn't as good as the real thing, but it works for now.

does the mod interfere with your game at all?? and have you got a link please.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    edited December 2016

Me too. I've gotten so tired of being tagged along whether there'll be a Seasons EP or not I succumbed to Mods (and I don't play with Mods). I played with the Fall Mod by daniparadise this Fall and am now playing with the Winter Mod by SimCookie this winter. Just this small change has made the game a little more enjoyable. It makes the holiday decor more believable and connects you a little more to your Sim like they're transgressing through a year instead of a continuous Groundhog Day. From a Simmer that doesn't play with Mods I'd actually recommend these. In the mean time Idk about a Seasons or even Pets EP but were getting a butler and vanity table...
    71rbpi.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I don't expect to see seasons like they are done in 3. Maybe more like 1 where if you want to see snow you need to go on vacation to a snowy destination.

Unfortunately this is what I predict as well.

As disappointing as it sounds, I somehow doubt you would get the same richness with Seasons in TS4 as you did in TS3.

I would like to be proven wrong though, I know how much Simmers enjoy taking pictures in the snow but sadly I am yet to be proven wrong on my concerns

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I'm okay with that. I live in a place that gets snow every winter and I hate it. I hate winter. I'm fine if I only have to travel to it if I want to see it in game.

Maybe that's why irl so many where I am from head south for the winter. They don't want to see it in their life either. I can't afford that lifestyle so if I can do that in game, it's fine by me.

Another option is to have a trait that hates winter and is miserable for the whole season. I hate the snow. I hate the cold. I hate how dark it gets so early. I hate the bare trees. I hate the ugly dirty snow on the sides of the roads. Did I mention I hate winter?
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Too complex... Too expensive
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited December 2016
    I want seasons everywhere but seasons is not just snow anyway. If snow is too difficult to implement everywhere I just hope they don't go the "easy" route and limit seasons to one world.

I'd be okay if snow was limited to one mountain world AND Granite Falls (possibly Windenburg too). But Willow Creek/newcrest/Magnolia Promenade/San Myshuno should still get rain and a snowless winter (bare trees, overcast skies, cold moodlets. etc). That should definitely be easier to implement in current worlds than snow. Oasis Springs should also get different seasons (although milder and with very hot summers). There are many ways they can implement seasons in this game and not all of them entail snow everywhere. After all not all places have snow in winter.

ETA: needless to say I'd rather choose which towns get seasons and which towns get snow but if that's not possible I just hope they don't scrap the idea enterely.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2016
    I don't think so because even the Sims Freeplay has all kinds of weather. (It hasn't Seasons though. But rain, snow and storms can be controlled by a weather machine or by issuing decrees in the island castle.)

But I agree that Seasons is unlikely to be released for TS4 anyway. For me the reasons are:
    1. EA seems to have wanted to avoid repetitions from earlier Sims games as much as possible.
    2. TS4 isn't about toddlers and children playing in snow or puddles.
    3. TS4 is mainly about autonomous multitasking and partying which don't fit very well with storms, rain or snow.

So while I can't be sure that Seasons won't be released for TS4 it seems unlikely because EA's main idea for TS4 has all the way been to create a new kind of Sims game with happy and easy gameplay and not a game where parties are spoiled by bad weather.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I want seasons everywhere but seasons is not just snow anyway. If snow is too difficult to implement everywhere I just hope they don't go the "easy" route and limit seasons to one world.

I'd be okay if snow was limited to one mountain world AND Granite Falls (possibly Windenburg too). But Willow Creek/newcrest/Magnolia Promenade/San Myshuno should still get rain and a snowless winter (bare trees, overcast skies, cold moodlets. etc). That should definitely be easier to implement in current worlds than snow. Oasis Springs should also get different seasons (although milder and with very hot summers). There are many ways they can implement seasons in this game and not all of them entail snow everywhere. After all not all places have snow in winter.

ETA: needless to say I'd rather choose which towns get seasons and which towns get snow but if that's not possible I just hope they don't scrap the idea enterely.

Agree to all this! To me seasons will include many aspects aside of the visuals. Sims freezing in Winter, being hot in Summer. I wish clothes were tagged with how well they protect against cold temperature. More fun to arrange outdoor beach weddings in Summer than in Winter. Indoor activities more likely during Winter. Gardening easier in summer. And so on. I loved how seasons affected lots of activities in TS3. Growing up felt more individual because not all sims experienced all 4 seasons during childhood etc. In some cases it formed their personal interests.
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I'm sure they will and it will be great.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I really wouldn't want another "Vacation" pack like in The Sims. It was great for it's time since we never saw anything like that. There was so much to do and all those games where you won stuff in that snowy place. That was one of the best EPs ever. But I can't imagine a world like Windenburg not getting snow or rain. That would be so depressing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

They are coming in the same EP as toddlers.

rofl.gif
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I just downloaded the snow mod and I really like it. I also grabbed the autumn mod for later.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Wow I love the fact that so many people know the future so well... Seriously who the hell knows about seasons. In Sims 3 it was going to be incredibly difficult with the open world and yet they still did it and really well too. I cant see any reason they wouldn't be able to this time around.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    I don't think they'd skip Seasons. It wouldn't make sense. And please leave off about toddlers, we all know everyone is crying for toddlers but I couldn't care less about toddlers.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I just started playing. My 1st sim always had the whim of playing in puddles. What puddles? Weather is coming. Remember the 1st trailer for TS4 had the sim walking outside in pouring rain?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    GARYZGAL wrote: »
    I don't think they'd skip Seasons. It wouldn't make sense. And please leave off about toddlers, we all know everyone is crying for toddlers but I couldn't care less about toddlers.

Seriously. Why does any thread about any other topic have to turn into a cry fest over toddlers?

And to keep on topic, I think they'll probably add weather eventually, though maybe not a seasons pack like we've had in the past. Personally I'd be happy if they just added rain and overcast skies. I love fall colors so I'd miss that if they don't add seasons proper, but Seasons has never been an important pack for me in any iteration so I don't care if they add it or not. I know a lot of people want it, though, so I will be happy for them if they get it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

They are coming in the same EP as toddlers.
    If toddlers arrive, it will be in the very last pack :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    GARYZGAL wrote: »

Seriously. Why does any thread about any other topic have to turn into a cry fest over toddlers?

And to keep on topic, I think they'll probably add weather eventually, though maybe not a seasons pack like we've had in the past. Personally I'd be happy if they just added rain and overcast skies. I love fall colors so I'd miss that if they don't add seasons proper, but Seasons has never been an important pack for me in any iteration so I don't care if they add it or not. I know a lot of people want it, though, so I will be happy for them if they get it.

Good point! Actually, weather and seasons could be separated, at least - if they can't add all of it, there could still be quite a lot :) Personally I want rain and changing weather the most. I think I could survive without snow if there was rain. Imagine the gloomy atmosphere of TS4 would reflect lights in wet streets... ahhhh...
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I don't think so because even the Sims Freeplay has all kinds of weather. (It hasn't Seasons though. But rain, snow and storms can be controlled by a weather machine or by issuing decrees in the island castle.)

But I agree that Seasons is unlikely to be released for TS4 anyway. For me the reasons are:
    1. EA seems to have wanted to avoid repetitions from earlier Sims games as much as possible.
    2. TS4 isn't about toddlers and children playing in snow or puddles.
    3. TS4 is mainly about autonomous multitasking and partying which don't fit very well with storms, rain or snow.

So while I can't be sure that Seasons won't be released for TS4 it seems unlikely because EA's main idea for TS4 has all the way been to create a new kind of Sims game with happy and easy gameplay and not a game where parties are spoiled by bad weather.

well, partying can fit with season "arf it's snowing, we can't take the car and we were supposed to got at the bar tonight, what can we do ? Home party !" ahem, i know where the exit is thanks >.>

i also fear that season will be tied up to some holiday destination and it's not what i liked and want. But well, hope is the last things we have ...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    Wow I love the fact that so many people know the future so well... Seriously who the plum knows about seasons. In Sims 3 it was going to be incredibly difficult with the open world and yet they still did it and really well too. I cant see any reason they wouldn't be able to this time around.

Might be harder to make snow on all those backdrop houses. They already said it's hard for them to patch in anything to change the assets in your saved game. So, an EP with snow in all worlds would have to include code to make snow on all the backdrop houses etc. I don't know it might be too expensive to do it for this game. Where as in TS3 the snow fell on real places.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.