Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

entering without keys?

My Sims neighbors are walking into their apartment and they were never given a key! Are they allowed to walk in at 2:00 IN THE MORNING just because have been friendly?

anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    are you living in one of the "lively neighbors" apartments?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    are you living in one of the "lively neighbors" apartments?

nope, I just checked
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Yes, I've had that happen after making friends w/one of the neighbors. You will have to lock the door so that they can't just walk in. It's annoying to have them come into your sim's apartment randomly.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yeah this happens to me too. The neighbors can get kinda annoying. And my sims live in a penthouse too, so technically they don't have 'apartment' neighbors. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah this happens to me too. The neighbors can get kinda annoying. And my sims live in a penthouse too, so technically they don't have 'apartment' neighbors. :D

wait so they just have random friends come to the Penthouse and let themselves in?
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

wait so they just have random friends come to the Penthouse and let themselves in?

Yah. And that sim would be like, "I'm starving, can I eat something?" or "We're technically best friends right? I'm like the best neighbor. I don't know why people are avoiding me," even tho they're not best friends. LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    It happens to me too, same with calls. I'm happy it doesn't make my Sim grumpy about it in the middle of the night, thou.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    a neighbour came over to complain about the noise, I think it was the shower, after chewing my sim out, he promptly walked in and started playing the game box, 2am in the morning. he doesn't have a key. I'll remember to lock the door at night time.
    It would be great if we could set a time on the door, when friends and family can visit, even those with a key.
    also the door could be used to tell everyone to leave.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Curious what do they consider noisy after a certain time? I wouldn't think a sim taking a shower would be grounds to chew your sim out.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    My neighbor freaked out during my Sim's shower, but I think that was because of the 'singing in the shower' option lol. The walls must be reeeeeaally thin despite living across the hall from each other. B)
    This is REALLy getting annoying. New neighbors move in next door. I had my Sim introduce herself. They have ONE brief conversation and the neighbor just walks into her apartment and starts using her computer. WHAT!?
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    This is REALLy getting annoying. New neighbors move in next door. I had my Sim introduce herself. They have ONE brief conversation and the neighbor just walks into her apartment and starts using her computer. WHAT!?

In my game its the same. If I interact with anyone who lives in my building I have to say, ask to leave or good bye to ensure they don't come inside to hang out afterwards,
  • pamy1124pamy1124 Posts: 525 Member
    My Sims neighbors are walking into their apartment and they were never given a key! Are they allowed to walk in at 2:00 IN THE MORNING just because have been friendly?

Yes. I haven't given keys to anyone and yet my neighbors come in at all hours of the day. It's so annoying, I moved my sims to a penthouse to get away from it.
    tumblr_mepseko5hO1r4j4oj.gif
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I get the same issue, sometimes it's ok because I need my sim to stop being sad but if I don't want anyone to come around I just lock them out.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    LOL ... I agree, this whole "talking to someone = permission to enter (anmd use your items at hearts desire" is rather disturbing.

Should try this with my RL neighbors next time ... ring ... talk to them ... and then enter and use everything they have :disappointed: (well, technically I (and my neighbors) don't live in an appartment, rather a house ... but this is still correct, as the whole "entering upon talking" was occasionally already possible before "City Living" ... your Sim would introduce him/herself to another sim walking on the sidewalk ... and occasionally it could have happened that they just entered your house :D )
    pamy1124 wrote: »

Yes. I haven't given keys to anyone and yet my neighbors come in at all hours of the day. It's so annoying, I moved my sims to a penthouse to get away from it.

The frustrating thing, for me anyway, is that i like that there are neighbors that they can become friends with and chat up in the common area. I want to play in apartments a little longer before I rush into a penthouse. I'm sure EA could fix it where a Sim doesn't just barge right in unless they have a key or the friendship bar is halfway or something.
    pamy1124 wrote: »

The frustrating thing, for me anyway, is that i like that there are neighbors that they can become friends with and chat up in the common area. I want to play in apartments a little longer before I rush into a penthouse. I'm sure EA could fix it where a Sim doesn't just barge right in unless they have a key or the friendship bar is halfway or something.

Nah, it's somewhat like this in penthouse apartments too. Happens to me all the time although I think it's a bug cuz the neighbor would come in and watch TV or something, and then go out to the lobby and wait there. :D And then they would day that they want to hang out, etc.
    832XG3D.gif
  • Bekahx3Bekahx3 Posts: 115 Member
    I bought this expansion just this week and I'm having this problem. It's a neighbor that used to have a key, but I revoked it. She would come over ALL. THE. TIME. and use our computer, eat our food, and one time even sleep in our bed. Finally I revoked the key, but it hasn't stopped her from coming in uninvited every now and then. The other neighbor from that apartment mostly hasn't come in uninvited...only like once or twice.
    Me and my bae Michael. Drawn by Sonatines on the ourWorld game forums.
    70e3abc2e7.jpg
    Bekahx3 wrote: »
    I bought this expansion just this week and I'm having this problem. It's a neighbor that used to have a key, but I revoked it. She would come over ALL. THE. TIME. and use our computer, eat our food, and one time even sleep in our bed. Finally I revoked the key, but it hasn't stopped her from coming in uninvited every now and then. The other neighbor from that apartment mostly hasn't come in uninvited...only like once or twice.

yea it's interesting that it's always the same sim and I had 3 other apartment neighbors beside him. One of the others would come over sometimes, but for the most part it was the same guy over and over 5 times a day in his towel needing a hot water shower. It was overkill.
  • HeyItsTashieeHeyItsTashiee Posts: 172 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    For simmers who are having this issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-NPCs-coming-into-apartment-uninvited/td-p/5690729

Thanks for this I will have a look. My sim tried to hook up with aneighbour but it didn't work out. She now wants nothing to do with him, and they hate each other...still he wants to hang out? Starting to think of other evil ways to get rid of him, haha.
    Simmy549 wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    For simmers who are having this issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-NPCs-coming-into-apartment-uninvited/td-p/5690729

Thanks for this I will have a look. My sim tried to hook up with aneighbour but it didn't work out. She now wants nothing to do with him, and they hate each other...still he wants to hang out? Starting to think of other evil ways to get rid of him, haha.

My new favorite mod to help with this. :)http://modthesims.info/d/586477
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Curious what do they consider noisy after a certain time? I wouldn't think a sim taking a shower would be grounds to chew your sim out.

Noisy pipes are a real problem in some flats in RL. Or it can reduce water pressure all over the building. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • JJFABBYJJFABBY Posts: 40 Member
    What's really starting to irk me is when my Sims autonomously decide to shower at night, and the neighbors get angry. On one occasion, this quickly became problematic, as after chewing my Sim out the neighbor proceeded to enter the apartment without permission. He decided to make himself some grilled cheese, and set the whole place on fire as a result.

It's been several days, and I'm still wondering if he somehow did it on purpose.
  • mzabsmzabs Posts: 76 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Noisy pipes are a real problem in some flats in RL. Or it can reduce water pressure all over the building. :/

I didn't know that! I haven't played enough with the more "run down" apartments.
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa