March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    I can't find the Occult_AlienFrequency setting under MC Occult....
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    I can't find the Occult_AlienFrequency setting under MC Occult....

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Occult > Abduction Settings > Abduction Frequency
    "No Alien Contact" is equal to Occult_AlienFrequency=0 (zero)
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited December 2016
    Thanks I found it, but there are no options for the instructions egwarhammer gave me:

Occult_AlienFrequency Set how often "Alien Contact" interactions may cause results like Alien Abduction, Alien Visits and phonecalls. "0" = Zero abductions (Contact option on satellite never enables and Prevent Abductions will remain in effect constantly once chosen). "N" = Normal EA settings. "H" = High chance of abductions and visits (the Contact option on the satellite never disables). "A" = Abductions almost constantly depending on the Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions setting.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Thanks I found it, but there are no options for the instructions egwarhammer gave me:

Occult_AlienFrequency Set how often "Alien Contact" interactions may cause results like Alien Abduction, Alien Visits and phonecalls. "0" = Zero abductions (Contact option on satellite never enables and Prevent Abductions will remain in effect constantly once chosen). "N" = Normal EA settings. "H" = High chance of abductions and visits (the Contact option on the satellite never disables). "A" = Abductions almost constantly depending on the Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions setting.

Here you go:

5ogznm.jpg
    edited December 2016

Technically speaking those instructions are no instructions but the explanation of what options you can find for the attribute "Occult_AlienFrequency" in the mc_settings.cfg file. You could change these options manually with the command line or in the cfg-file with a text editor, but I wouldn't recommend it.

To change these settings from the MC Occult menu, you have to choose one of the options in the path I mentioned above:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Occult > Abduction Settings > Abduction Frequency.
    Yeah, this is something I've had on my own todo list (no caps, not as epic as DP's TODO list, for sure!!), "translating" config settings into UI pictures, aka "where do I go to do this?" ... I just haven't had that kind of TIME.

Well, TBH I do have quite a few other irons in the fire... ;)

It's going to be a big job. *Maybe* I can do some of it this coming week, but I'm not giving out ETA info at this point. LOL!

(2 work nights to go, still. This week seems like it's neverending. 10 in a row will do that, I guess.)
    Thanks to you both for your help and thanks to you egwarhammer for all your hard work. :)
    Thanks to you both for your help and thanks to you egwarhammer for all your hard work. :)

I wouldn't say anything I do is HARD, I'm not wired for that. LOL! (Work smart, not hard, that's my motto.)

Time consuming, THAT I'll admit to, though. ;)
    BTW, if you're seeing the orange bra (or other clothes) when sims are supposed to be nude, Here's a fix, posted to the "other" forum by DP...
    You can fix a nude outfit on a Sim by clicking on the Sim and going into MC Command Center/MC Dresser/Outfit Commands/Clean Outfits when the Sim is supposed to be nude.

You do need the extra part of MC for this to work, btw.

I dug up an earlier post from him in MC Comments about the issue, that's here:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5052866#post5052866

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    imhappy wrote: »
    I uninstalled all mc command mods and then installed the new mods. And I'm still having that problem with the game generating homeless. Can someone check if they put 2 homeless in population if it gives you 20something instead? Thanks

Maybe a look in your log file "mc_cmd_center.log" could help. You find it in the same directory where the other MC files are.

Probably you have to activate verbose logging first. Please check whether
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging is set to enabled.

If you open the "mc_cmd_center.log" (e. g. with the Windows Notepad) you may find entries like these:
    [12/01/16 21:18:25]* Created homeless household, Mahajan, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_forestRanger

[12/01/16 21:24:47]* Created homeless household, Yamaguchi, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_forestGhost

You can see when and why a homeless household was created. In this example I went with a sim to Granite Falls and the game decided that there is a need to fill the ranger role and the forest ghost role. For a reason we never know, the game decided that none of my approx. 350 available sims are suitable for these roles and created new ones. This is something which cannot be changed without causing trouble.

➽ Now try the following:
    1. Check whether the setting Messaging Logging (see path above) is set to enabled. If not, set it to enabled
    2. Save and restart your game
    3. Try to replay a typical situation, where many homeless are generated.
    4. Once you have proof of the homeless spawning, jump to the Windows desktop (i. e. hitting the ALT-TAB or WIN key) and open the mc_cmd_center.log file
    5. Check how many sims were spawned and for what reason
    6. Then come back and post your results.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Ok, so I did what you said and they created all these new sims for "walker_lives on street" and stall vendors. But I have a whole bunch of sims in my homeless, never played area. So the mod used to take all of those sims first before creating new ones. Now the game just adds sims they feel they need. The mod doesn't encourage them to use my sims instead.

edited December 2016
    Ok, so I did what you said and they created all these new sims for "walker_lives on street" and stall vendors. But I have a whole bunch of sims in my homeless, never played area. So the mod used to take all of those sims first before creating new ones. Now the game just adds sims they feel they need. The mod doesn't encourage them to use my sims instead.

I'm afraid that's the way it works. If the game core decides to spawn a new homeless because of filling an empty role, MC won't stop it or reroute the request to an already existing sim.

I set up a vanilla game with MCCC and MC Population as the only mods. Here is the result: 24 new homeless within 40 min RL play time to fill new CL roles.
    [12/04/16 11:33:02]* Created homeless household, Brenner, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_masterGardener
    [12/04/16 11:34:01]* Created homeless household, Shimizu, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Entertainer_Guitar_PlayerFacing
    [12/04/16 11:34:33]* Created homeless household, Caruso, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_LivingStatueBusker
    [12/04/16 11:36:58]* Created homeless household, Watanabe, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:40:44]* Created homeless household, Hasegawa, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:40:54]* Created homeless household, Sakamoto, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:42:11]* Created homeless household, Bock, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_CityRepair
    [12/04/16 11:43:20]* Created homeless household, Acharya, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Entertainer_Violin_PlayerFacing
    [12/04/16 11:46:44]* Created homeless household, Acharya, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:49:37]* Created homeless household, Wharton, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_Weirdo
    [12/04/16 11:53:14]* Created homeless household, Srinivasan, containing 2 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Child
    [12/04/16 11:54:32]* Created homeless household, Martin, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:56:46]* Created homeless household, El Majbouri, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 11:59:41]* Created homeless household, Chafik, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Entertainer_Guitar_PlayerFacing
    [12/04/16 12:00:01]* Created homeless household, Sasaki, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_CityLife_Weirdo
    [12/04/16 12:01:17]* Created homeless household, Abd Al Kader, containing 2 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Child
    [12/04/16 12:04:42]* Created homeless household, Datta, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_ArtCenter_Musician_Violin
    [12/04/16 12:04:56]* Created homeless household, Hasegawa, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_ArtCenter_Musician_Piano
    [12/04/16 12:04:56]* Created homeless household, Basu, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_ArtCenter_Sculptor
    [12/04/16 12:08:38]* Created homeless household, Kohler, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 12:09:56]* Created homeless household, Ruffin, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult
    [12/04/16 12:12:06]* Created homeless household, Wilkins, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_Walker_CityLife_LivesOnStreet_Adult

Regarding everything I know so far about creating homeless and how it works technically this is standard game behaviour, even with limiting mods like MC.

@Deaderpool already commented this on the MTS MC homepage (link) in many different ways. The following quote from @Deaderpool is imho the best summary:
    What I saw in your log file is just the way the core game seems to love to create homeless, even when they aren't actually needed.

Link to Comment No. 15150 (click on 'show'):
    "...Random townies generated are for filling game roles and if I stopped them being generated, the game would stop working correctly."

Link to Comment No. 15197 (click on 'show'):
    "Yeah, those can't be changed. That's integrated into the way that EA's core code work. It actually DOES look to see if another Sim exists but often will not use the Sim it just generated for it (which I mentioned in the previous post as a core bug I think the game has right now) so it will just generate another.

I cannot force those filters to use an existing Sim. Everything in their condition has to match a Sim in existence. If it does, it is supposed to use that Sim. If it doesn't then it created a new Sim that matches what it needs. Now sometimes there is a bug in my code and due to MC Population settings, we change a Sim that is generated so they no longer match what the original filter was supposed to create so when it checks for the Sim again, it can't find one that matches and creates another. I haven't seen this yet in any of the new filters from my testing and settings."

Link to Comment No. 15204 (click on 'show'):
    "I don't block any roles as doing so can cause the game to not work correctly. Sometimes, that may seem minor, but I try to work within the framework that EA already has working. When I first released the mod, I was blocking all kinds of roles and it caused quite a few problems. This way just ensures that my mod will work without too many changes when they do expansions."

Link to Comment No. 15229 (click on 'show'):
    The base game generates multiple sets of Sims for each role to cover different time shifts at the different locations (such as in the case of a violin player). I've been analyzing this for a while today. Here's the way I think the base game does filters:
    • The player enters a zone and a situation starts. It could be a festival, it could be a bar night, it could just be a walkby situation.
    • Every situation in the game contains a list of all possible filters for roles for specific time periods. These can be required and also random roles that are to fill-up the rest of the lot with activity beyond the required roles.
    • Every single role is iterated through and if there are no Sims to fill those roles under the time specification and other rules for that role, then a new Sim is created. However, the game may not even USE the Sim generated for this role at this point in time. It's just going through all roles for the situation and then keeping a list of all the roles that we now have Sims for and they will randomly be used to generate activity in the zone based on the random percentage of that role coming-up. This is what I'm seeing with statues and weirdos and family and children walkby filters. They're getting generated but the Sims are not even being used at that time because the random percentage chance for that filter never comes-up.

To me, this isn't the best way to have done this, but this is the way the core game seems to work. I, personally, would have it coded to only generate Sims when they're actually needed to spawn on the lot, not when you may need them during the time the player is on the lot.

I've tested this stuff with and without my mod and it always behaves the same way. All these homeless get generated the same way, people just don't know it because there isn't an internal logging mechanism to show it happening like there is when my mod is deployed.

Like I was saying in a previous post, to me population explosions are when the same filter creates a Sim like 50 times in a row. That's a problem with my mod and how it is working with the core game. What I saw in your log file is just the way the core game seems to love to create homeless, even when they aren't actually needed.

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    edited December 2016
    Oops - wrong discussion. Deleted
    @Bonxie page numbers at MTS are pretty fluid. As long as you include the post number like you did above, people can find it.

Posts per page options are 10, 25, 30, 50, 75, and 100. I use 100. I see 163 LONG pages of comments. ;)
    @Bonxie page numbers at MTS are pretty fluid. As long as you include the post number like you did above, people can find it.

Posts per page options are 10, 25, 30, 50, 75, and 100. I use 100. I see 163 LONG pages of comments. ;)

Oh - you're right, didn't notice that.

I edited my post and copied the direct links to the particular comments into it, so there's no need for the page numbers anymore. By all means the better way to quote.

Thanks for the hint :)

• imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie I guess that the game didn't used to add random homeless was just a fluke.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Thanks @Bonxie I guess that the game didn't used to add random homeless was just a fluke.

@imhappy Everybody plays their game differently so we all have different settings for MC. I get very few NPC spawnings so you may be able to pick something out of what I do.

More or less, I like to micro manage my core households and let EA and MC fool with my NPCs and unplayed in the background. I get about quite a bit to all the locations and I get very few spawnings per session now that things have stabilised after City Living; I have all the packs (what a sucker). I get zero to 2 spawnings and mostly weirdos in San Myshuno.

I have MC set to give me unlimited NPCs (max homeless set to -1). I have EA culling enabled. My population hovers between 225 and 250. Culling seems to kick in at about 260 and knocks things back to 225.

I have about 200 homed sims. It fluctuates with births and deaths. I micro manage about 5 households. The homed sims are not culled. The remaining population of 25-60 sims are homeless NPCs all created by EA for various rolls. They are occasionally culled by EA and then re-spawned later when I subsequently go and visit the lot/event.

I have 80 full time NPC jobs allocated. Things like bartender, massage therapist, gym trainer etc. Most of these are now allocated to my homed households so they don't change except on death. EA/MC allocated the jobs to my homed sims and I don't understand the process, I'm just happy it works. A lot of my other homed sims have non NPC jobs like Detective, Writer, Criminal etc. I didn't get involved in that process either.

I have my population settings quite close to the default, mainly 30. As they get spawned and culled over the weeks it really doesn't bother me.

If all that is uninteresting then I have a 'Romance Festival' weirdo photo to put you off your breakfast.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aif3ZEE5nToZlUP5AQOy688-DOKH

Welcome to holidays. I have just thrown some of you under the "answers" bus, in my current activity blurb:

I am buried, people. (Holidays, in retail...) Please do not PM me MC questions, POST THEM to the MC Help Thread, here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-ask-here#latest/ Fair Warning: PM'd questions going forward are likely to be copy/pasted to the thread for answering. Also, I'm not the only answer person, which is a beautiful thing. Help is there, several players are now stepping up to field questions. Come check it out! - clear

Throwing it open. I need help. So, help. LOL!! (As time permits, don't add to YOUR stress level just because I'm trying to reduce MINE.)

Those of you who can and do answer posts already, have my undying gratitude. <3

Week off starts as of 7am. One more night. I don't care how tired I am, I will be one HAPPY WOMAN in the morning!!! :smiley:
  • Tarante11aTarante11a Posts: 186 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi there :)

First off, thank you so much for this mod!

One of my household sims has become pregnant due to a silly mis-click by me. I'm trying to remove the pregnancy and would like to turn off all pregnancies for my played households in the future.

However, I'm having some problems understanding how to do this in the 'Pregnancy' bit of the menu - I'm probably being really really dim.

Hoping someone can help me.

Many thanks!
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Tarante11a wrote: »
    One of my household sims has become pregnant due to a silly mis-click by me. I'm trying to remove the pregnancy and would like to turn off all pregnancies for my played households in the future.

However, I'm having some problems understanding how to do this in the 'Pregnancy' bit of the menu - I'm probably being really really dim.

Hoping someone can help me.

Hello @Tarante11a I am pleased you sought help for you pregnancy issue. We are here to help and will not judge you however the pregnancy happened - lol. It always makes me chuckle.

To remove the pregnancy: You need to have the MC enabled on the sim. This is the default setting and is found in 'Notification/Console/Menu Settings' tab on the PC menu.
    Click on the pregnant sim and open the MC Command UI. Click the MC Pregnancy Option. Select End Pregnancy.
    All done.

To turn off 'Random' pregnancies for played households: From a PC select the MC Command UI. MC Pregnancy - Pregnant Sim Selection - Bypass Played Households. That will stop MC generating pregnancies for your played households through the 'Random' Alarm that runs at Midnight on the selected day. You cannot turn off pregnancies that result from your direct actions with your Active Sim either through 'Risky WooHoo' or Try For A Baby.

Individual Sims can be marked not to become pregnant either by flagging with MC or by editing their settings in CAS. If you have questions on this please ask.
  • Tarante11aTarante11a Posts: 186 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

Hello @Tarante11a I am pleased you sought help for you pregnancy issue. We are here to help and will not judge you however the pregnancy happened - lol. It always makes me chuckle.

To remove the pregnancy: You need to have the MC enabled on the sim. This is the default setting and is found in 'Notification/Console/Menu Settings' tab on the PC menu.
    Click on the pregnant sim and open the MC Command UI. Click the MC Pregnancy Option. Select End Pregnancy.
    All done.

To turn off 'Random' pregnancies for played households: From a PC select the MC Command UI. MC Pregnancy - Pregnant Sim Selection - Bypass Played Households. That will stop MC generating pregnancies for your played households through the 'Random' Alarm that runs at Midnight on the selected day. You cannot turn off pregnancies that result from your direct actions with your Active Sim either through 'Risky WooHoo' or Try For A Baby.

Individual Sims can be marked not to become pregnant either by flagging with MC or by editing their settings in CAS. If you have questions on this please ask.

Hi there @Cyclelegs

Hee hee - you are so kind! I can stop being irritated with my stupid irresponsible sims now.

Thank you very much for the help.

• millers72011millers72011 Posts: 47 Member
    @egwarhammer

I asked about filling one motive recently,

You said to get the UI cheats Mod. Do I need this to use the cheat you told me about? (fillmotive motive_bladder)?
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    On another thread I saw this comment:
    Zalera13 wrote: »
    @StarlingGray You know Mc has an option to stop them getting water etc in the stop annoying actions options.

On wich module can I find those option?
    Words are soul's image
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    @StarlingGray You know Mc has an option to stop them getting water etc in the stop annoying actions options.

I think It was mentioned that the Tuner module is the one that has those options.

Btw Catalina I love your coffee gives energy mod, it's one of my must haves.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited December 2016

It's in the MC Tuner module.

Path:
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Tuner > Stop Annoying Actions

These options are available in MC v3.0.3:
    y3m6c3Y4d8i1FEnYotX_aol_uGCwzxRruDKDATgWCoYY6A8Sa64lYE7EqjtQf0Yq_I1byhCRVmHuhvjD7PIjhVWKoR1DoZdtFZWC0OhAH_nUF3tnC3mUV-Dt2Lmp3CXIBwFodoTRrha-MYVix4Cdocrb1dqtXpCjpCxF8uNyklUu9Y?width=401&height=486&cropmode=none

#MCCC #Tuner #Annoying

Post edited by Bonxie on
    My first birthday gift (it's tomorrow, but we're done with work till Sunday), from Jeffrey and Jerritt (pharmacist)... I LOVE It!! :smiley:

30m0rjn.jpg

First manager I've had that's gotten me something. I thought that was pretty sweet. <3

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top