March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I have this on my page right now, if you see anybody mention trouble with MC, please pass it on. I don't have much time to surf or anything, really.

If you haven't been to MC *lately* you might need to go back: MC Command Center
    by Deaderpool Posted 29th Mar 2015 at 3:27 PM - Updated Today at 2:40 PM by Deaderpool : Small fix to MCCC and MC Occult modules http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680
    Rolled a new game... flipped out on First Load because the game didn't pause... Care to guess what Ditzy Cheerleader didn't do? :smiley:

(Hint, I captured the Mods Disabled screenshot... haha!!)

Yeah, forgot to exit/reenable mods, after I loaded up (to see if it *would* load). LMAO!

Fixed now, all of MC 3.0.3 is in, and although I haven't done anything besides open the game and look, it seems to have loaded up fine.
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    Just in case people miss this little nugget posted by DP on the MC comments (cos there are lots of them):
    I'm sure I'll have to update the tuning file for the No Age flag as EA has changed the way that "No Aging" works on traits. That's what was breaking the Pregnancy Aging setting which I patched earlier. So until that happens, everyone should not use the "No Age" flag and should remove it from any Sims you have it on, otherwise, it will cause problems. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Guess I will be playing with 'no ageing' for a while because I'm just about to see 25 Elders kick the bucket and I would have preferred to stagger their departure a bit using 'No Aging' flags.

I'm sorry I clogged up the airwaves with this info because, in true DP style, it is now fixed (second update of the day). You need to grab the new mc_cmd_center.package.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5123915#post5123915

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    After adding the new update for the MC mod I have a question. Is there a file some where that has the different settings that I have adjusted, that I can take out and keep my MC settings from one update to the next?
  • 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    I think I did something wrong, can I ask for more help?
    What happened was, I didn't take out the old mc command after the update and my game was terrible, everyone kept freezing for full real time minutes, etc, and other issues, so i didnt save and quit the game, selected all the files in the mod folder except the one config or whatever its called i can't remember, then i downloaded the new all in one pack, it automatically saves to my download folder. From there, I opened the zip file and selected all files except the help file and extracted them directly to my mod folder. I opened the game, the drop down list of mods came up near the notifications place in the upper corner, looked the same
    But...they still freeze, time goes on, and suddenly they all jump and snap into what they should be doing
    So I repaired the game and deleted the files i am able to
    still wonky
    reset the folder, put back the necessary folders, tested, they are still freezing, then snapping into their actions
    having a party is almost impossible, everyone freezing and parties constantly unsuccessful, well the two i tried anyway
    do you think I should just reinstall everything and start over?
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I uninstalled all mc command mods and then installed the new mods. And I'm still having that problem with the game generating homeless. Can someone check if they put 2 homeless in population if it gives you 20something instead? Thanks
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    After adding the new update for the MC mod I have a question. Is there a file some where that has the different settings that I have adjusted, that I can take out and keep my MC settings from one update to the next?

All your MC settings, also the one you customized, are stored in the 'mc_settings.cfg' file. You can find it in the same folder were the other MC files are.

If you update to a new version don't delete this particular file and leave it in the same location. A new MC version automatically uses an exsiting 'mc_settings.cfg' file instead of the default settings.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Thank you @Bonxie
    edited December 2016
    imhappy wrote: »
    I uninstalled all mc command mods and then installed the new mods. And I'm still having that problem with the game generating homeless. Can someone check if they put 2 homeless in population if it gives you 20something instead? Thanks

Maybe a look in your log file "mc_cmd_center.log" could help. You find it in the same directory where the other MC files are.

Probably you have to activate verbose logging first. Please check whether
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Notification Settings > Message Logging is set to enabled.

If you open the "mc_cmd_center.log" (e. g. with the Windows Notepad) you may find entries like these:
    [12/01/16 21:18:25]* Created homeless household, Mahajan, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_forestRanger

[12/01/16 21:24:47]* Created homeless household, Yamaguchi, containing 1 sim(s) for: filter_forestGhost

You can see when and why a homeless household was created. In this example I went with a sim to Granite Falls and the game decided that there is a need to fill the ranger role and the forest ghost role. For a reason we never know, the game decided that none of my approx. 350 available sims are suitable for these roles and created new ones. This is something which cannot be changed without causing trouble.

➽ Now try the following:
    1. Check whether the setting Messaging Logging (see path above) is set to enabled. If not, set it to enabled
    2. Save and restart your game
    3. Try to replay a typical situation, where many homeless are generated.
    4. Once you have proof of the homeless spawning, jump to the Windows desktop (i. e. hitting the ALT-TAB or WIN key) and open the mc_cmd_center.log file
    5. Check how many sims were spawned and for what reason
    6. Then come back and post your results.

If you have any questions, please ask.

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    edited December 2016
    112061 wrote: »
    ...reset the folder, put back the necessary folders, tested, they are still freezing, then snapping into their actions
    having a party is almost impossible, everyone freezing and parties constantly unsuccessful, well the two i tried anyway
    do you think I should just reinstall everything and start over?

Folder resetting is a pretty sure method to cure a lot of issues. Only for clarification: you moved the old Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts directory, created a new one, tested whether the vanilla game works and copied your saves and mods back. Correct?

What game version and what MC version do you have at the moment? It must be Game v1.25 and MC v.3.0.3. Any other combination will cause trouble.

Just in case people miss this little nugget posted by DP on the MC comments (cos there are lots of them):
    I'm sure I'll have to update the tuning file for the No Age flag as EA has changed the way that "No Aging" works on traits. That's what was breaking the Pregnancy Aging setting which I patched earlier. So until that happens, everyone should not use the "No Age" flag and should remove it from any Sims you have it on, otherwise, it will cause problems. Thanks for reminding me of that!

Guess I will be playing with 'no ageing' for a while because I'm just about to see 25 Elders kick the bucket and I would have preferred to stagger their departure a bit using 'No Aging' flags.

I'm sorry I clogged up the airwaves with this info because, in true DP style, it is now fixed (second update of the day). You need to grab the new mc_cmd_center.package.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5123915#post5123915

Thanks for bringing the news here, @Cyclelegs ... I'm still trying to figure out how to be two places at once. Work is winning for the next 2 nights, then, I'll be HERE.

Don't apologize, it was news. There's nothing wrong with interim updates. ;)

Just installed the new package file here. But I am about whipped, 8/10 done, though (work shifts). Shower next, then "something" while my hair dries. We'll see.

I'll be back!
    well, i named the folder old, and created a new folder naming it The Sims 4, then cut/paste the "old" to my desktop so i can find it easily to put the ini, saves, tray back, then was when i added the new mods, the latest ones that were just put on the page, the files are dated 12/1. My game version, I guess I don't know, its got all the patches, thats when my trouble started, after this patch.
    Everyone is still related, etc, nothing like that changed, its just this random freezing for a real time minute or 2, then everyone snaps right into what they should have been doing. It happens often, several times over and over, then will slow down, and i think things are better, only to have it happen again. It doesn't seem to matter how many people are on the lot, but now that I think of it, maybe it has something to do with the nanny? It seems like it happens a lot when she's there. Funnily enough its my sim family that is my real life son/daughterinlaw/grandson and I had her get pregnant (definately in hopes of a real life jinx :smile: ) and she had twins! lolol maybe because there are so many people there? But it happens when I play other houses with just one or 2 as well.
    Also, it happens WITHOUT mc command, because I tested after resetting the folder and I had deleted the old mods already.
    well, i named the folder old, and created a new folder naming it The Sims 4, then cut/paste the "old" to my desktop so i can find it easily to put the ini, saves, tray back, then was when i added the new mods, the latest ones that were just put on the page, the files are dated 12/1. My game version, I guess I don't know, its got all the patches, thats when my trouble started, after this patch.
    Everyone is still related, etc, nothing like that changed, its just this random freezing for a real time minute or 2, then everyone snaps right into what they should have been doing. It happens often, several times over and over, then will slow down, and i think things are better, only to have it happen again. It doesn't seem to matter how many people are on the lot, but now that I think of it, maybe it has something to do with the nanny? It seems like it happens a lot when she's there. Funnily enough its my sim family that is my real life son/daughterinlaw/grandson and I had her get pregnant (definately in hopes of a real life jinx :smile: ) and she had twins! lolol maybe because there are so many people there? But it happens when I play other houses with just one or 2 as well.
    Also, it happens WITHOUT mc command, because I tested after resetting the folder and I had deleted the old mods already.

I've had SOME freezing all along (not a gaming laptop, here), but it got MUCH worse after the CL patch. This new patch (that broke clubs!!) hasn't improved it any.

It might be worse than it was, but I haven't really played enough to say for sure yet. I probably won't get a good look at THAT till at least Monday.

I haven't had a nanny since right after they came out. So it isn't *just* that. But anything's possible, the nanny could be part of whatever it is, I guess. I'm not a coder, I have no idea.
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    I have the same freezing an I don't play with nany. I play a single sims...
    The game froze when my sim was in front of the easel and paint.
    Words are soul's image
    you know what, i think i know, i didn't think of it until now after testing again, but its really bad on fast speed, randomly bad on medium and rare, but happens on slow...i think its because too many people are doing things and if i speed up the game thats when it happens...i dont know maybe its a computer thing?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    you know what, i think i know, i didn't think of it until now after testing again, but its really bad on fast speed, randomly bad on medium and rare, but happens on slow...i think its because too many people are doing things and if i speed up the game thats when it happens...i dont know maybe its a computer thing?

If you normally play on 64bit, have you checked that the update didn't switch you back to 32bit?

If you disable Origin in-game and turn off gallery etc. notifications, does that help?
    They're probably talking about it somewhere in Tech. It seems to be fairly widespread, mostly since the 1.24 patch, but there WERE reports before then.

(You just saved me from making a reply I would have regretted, to an impatient person in another thread.) <3
    I finally did play for a while this morning. Didn't do a lot, I moved a girl (cowboy hat girl the game spits out sometimes) in, switched to Johnny Zest, fixed his relationships with Landgraabs, and took him to the Art Center in Myshuno. Hung out, met people, blew bubbles, etc. Ate some exotic food.

First day, about 2pm, I have 83 sims. Isn't it about 70 the game *comes* with, now? If you have all of it? 13 isn't horrible, considering I went to Myshuno right away.

I started working on editing my settings, but I had to quit after Occult, my eyes started to glaze over. :p So everything from Population down, I still need to tweak. Maybe tomorrow. I seriously doubt I'll do it tonight.

Chat stuff...

I'm actually glad it's ad-tag night, for once. Something different that's fairly easy, IF they have the stuff in its right spot. (It isn't rocket science, but... B) )

I almost came unglued a couple of times last night, but, overall, I maintained. More or less, depending on who I was talking to. It doesn't take 7 years to get to know a regular customer. :)

Some of them are pretty cool. The first time I really talked to this one woman, SHE was having a job/stress-related meltdown, and told me all about her day... as we checked out her stuff... and ever since then, I figure, she's game for a good story. LOL!

(I enjoy seeing her. There are a few people I don't care if I ever see again. <shrug>)

8/10 done, 2 to go. Weekends aren't horrible, although I did ring up 140 people last night. Pretty busy. I wasn't at 100% last night. I got a little snappy toward morning, but I just told people I was TIRED. (It's holidays. Get a clue. You know?)

I will have logged 86 hours when this round of shifts are all said and done.

Roundabout way of saying I'm going to bed in a few minutes. Little early for me, but, I could use the sleep. I'll be back tonight before work.

Hold down the fort! Haha! <3

• FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Hi everyone, is there a way completely stop alien abductions? I must've clicked the wrong thing because I had 3 abductions in a row lol.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
    Hi everyone, is there a way completely stop alien abductions? I must've clicked the wrong thing because I had 3 abductions in a row lol.

Yes. Did you look at MC's description page, under the Spoiler Buttons? I found this there for you, under MC Occult's Settings info spoiler button... use 0 to turn them off in this setting:

Occult_AlienFrequency Set how often "Alien Contact" interactions may cause results like Alien Abduction, Alien Visits and phonecalls. "0" = Zero abductions (Contact option on satellite never enables and Prevent Abductions will remain in effect constantly once chosen). "N" = Normal EA settings. "H" = High chance of abductions and visits (the Contact option on the satellite never disables). "A" = Abductions almost constantly depending on the Occult_TimeBetweenAbductions setting.
    Thanks for your help! Do I have to have the satelite for the command to work?
    edited December 2016

I think that - besides the MC settings @egwarhammer already quoted - a satellite dish from buy mode is an essential prerequisite for alien abductions. I remember that somebody posted something similar here some months ago - but I could also be wrong.

So removing any satellite dishes could perhaps also be an option.

Bonxie wrote: »

I think that - besides the MC settings @egwarhammer already quoted - a satellite dish from buy mode is an essential prerequisite for alien abductions. I remember that somebody posted something similar here some months ago - but I could also be wrong.

For this house there is no satelite, so I went into 'abduction frequency' and selected 'no alien contact' then I went into 'abduction start time' and put zero.
    Bonxie wrote: »

For this house there is no satelite, so I went into 'abduction frequency' and selected 'no alien contact' then I went into 'abduction start time' and put zero.

I don't know if anybody's ever done that, 0 in start time. (I'm more likely to go for High abductions, personally, I've not really tried to turn it OFF.) Let me know how it works for you, and if anything odd happens, I'm definitely interested. :)

They probably have, and haven't had any trouble, that could be why it hasn't come up. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top