March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Do we have to include Sara's car or just a space for it?

Just space for it. You can even use the free ones in the buydebug catalog if you want the look of the car in the garage without using any of the very tight budget on an actual vehicle.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Ok guys, we're feeling the Christmas spirit (and the extremely tight budget) so we're gonna boost the budget on this one to 75k. Think you guys can finish your masterpieces in the next few days or do you need a few more?
    It's official, the budget is now $75k :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    That's so very kind to extend the budget @ISHTARJMD & @BuildnShare. I'm way too slow of a builder to finish this challenge in the next few days; but I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with and I look forward to the next challenge!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2016
    I had a version for 58k ready I just needed to take screenshots and upload it but I was never happy with the building's lack of details so I'm going to put it to the side and see what I can do with the extra §. I can always go with that version if I run out of time. I still have In-laws over today so I'll see how this week goes. How is everyone else doing with it?
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I have a version that took 59,996 and the house has no art!! Yay 15,000 for art!!!

I still need to make the girls and take pictures and upload the pictures so I could use a bit more time. It was a busy weekend.
    Hi all, as we only just raised the budget for you, we're extending the deadline for this challenge by one week, making the closing date the 7th of December. I hope this means that you all get a chance to enter!

@Kgaff @aricarai @Jessabeans @linzlulubell and @hannahc1023 - Just so you are all aware, we will still be posting the new challenge on the first, but they will run side by side for a week.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • linzlulubelllinzlulubell Posts: 93 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #183 The four sisters of the apocalypse

NAME: linzlulubell

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded

LINK TO MEDIA: <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/embed/slideshow/Sisters of the apocalypse&quot;&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lin-zlulubell/library/Sisters of the apocalypse

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: my pictures for the optional challenge are with the build challenge. I gave Journye a skater girl appearance, Sarah a steampunk/innocent, Carrie a Safari/Military, and Roxanne a punk. Had lots of fun photographing this group of beauty's.

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x38 464 Shoreline Point, Starlight Shores 73, 873

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 4BR/4BA Modern style roommate floor plan. Each BR/BA room set has it's own private entrance from outdoors for privacy. The girls different living suites should be evident on who's who's by the color they're decorated in. The master has its own sitting area. Small pool outback, bar area with band set up, gym. This was a super challenge with the budget! I was already finished with the build when we got the budget increase so I didn't change much just adding in the pool, some better landscaping and artwork. I had already rebuilt this so many times trying to get it smaller and smaller.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: All the CC pictures you see in the house are made by me. The CC on the sims comes from many different creators on TSR

• hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    I came here disappointed because I had a problem with my game and wouldn't be able to enter.. That extra time is much appreciated!
    ***PLEASE NOTE: BnS Challenge #183 is still running until midnight CST on December 7th.***

The Golden Years

“Thank you for agreeing to meet me here. I apologize for all of the boxes. Shipping our belongings back from Shang Simla has been such a headache. Here’s your tea, dear.” Laurel Stafford is quick and cheerful, fluttering about the tiny apartment like a little round bird. You sip your steaming chamomile tea, noticing hints of strawberry-blonde hair amid all of the gray and the way the soft wrinkles in her face deepen when she smiles.

“Don’t mind the boxes,” you say with a dismissive wave of your hand. You’ve seen far worse. “Thank you for the tea. Now tell me, how can I help you?” Laurel disappears behind a tower of cardboard, muttering something unintelligible.

“Aha! Found it!” She drops a manilla folder on the small country table and wrestles to make just enough space to squeeze into the empty chair across from you. Inside the folder are pages of copy paper with magazine photos of cabins and cottages pasted next to handwritten notes. It looks like a Pinterest board before computers were invented. Rose is going to get such a kick out of this. “My husband, Flint, is retiring from the military next week after 42 years of service. We’ve traveled all over the world, and now we’re ready to put down some roots. Some place small and quiet where we can relax and enjoy this new, slower chapter of our lives.”

You flip through her collages of antique wood-burning stoves, rough hewn rocking chairs, and screened porches with water views. It makes you want to curl up under an heirloom quilt with a good book. “It looks like you want a rustic little house near water.”

“Oh, yes!” Laurel claps her hands together, eyes lighting up. “Access to water is important. Flint loves to fish and plans to spend much of his retirement doing so.”

“I have a good idea of the style you prefer. What other amenities do you need?”

“Well, we never did have any children, so it’s just the two of us. We really only need one bedroom and one bathroom. I’d like a small area to garden and a screened-in porch. Mosquitoes just love me. A fireplace would be lovely.” Laurel’s face goes dreamy for a moment. “Oh! And a garage or carport for Flint’s truck -- he likes to tinker on it from time to time.”

“What kind of budget do we have to work with?”

“We’ve saved up $30K. Can you have it completed before the year’s end?”

“My team is finishing up another project, but we should be able to have you and Flint in your new home by the end of the month.”

“Wonderful! Now, how about some more tea?”

The Brief:

- 20x20 lot
    - Cabin or cottage
    - 1 bedroom
    - 1 bathroom
    - Near a body of water (does not have to be ON the actual lot, but should be visible from the lot)
    - Screened porch
    - Fireplace
    - Garage or carport
    - Small garden area
    - $30K budget

Optional Challenge:

Make Laurel and Flint Stafford and show them enjoying retirement in their new home. Laurel is a bookworm, green thumb, and natural cook. Flint is brave, handy, and loves the outdoors.

Deadline: Saturday, December 31st, 2016, Midnight CST
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Love the brief!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: CHALLENGE 183 The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded yet

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 183 Four Sisters of the Apocolypse

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/KGaff/slideshow/BnS 183 Four Sisters of the Apocolypse/The Girls

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x30, 2400 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a modern style house with a formal living room, formal dining room, office, gym, small room for painting and the master bedroom with bath on the first floor.

Access to a small fenced in private backyard area and covered patio with a garden area is through the kitchen.
    On the side yard there is a pond with a bench for taking in the sunset.

Upstairs there are three more bedrooms each with a private bath.

There is also a music studio with four instruments, drums, keyboard, guitar and base. There is access to a roof area with lounge chairs.
    (Some pictures were taken before the budget was increased but I lost track of which ones)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I <3 the new brief too! Definitely going to try and participate in that one!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi everyone. Last month was busy for me, but this month I loved the simple challenge.
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM The Golden Years BnS Challenge #183

NAME: ciane

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9017769
    Lot with couple: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9017770
    Just the couple: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9017771

LINK TO MEDIA: pictures in upload and in optional challenge link below.

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/the-staffords/

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20 placed on a bull-dozed 30x30 lot at 477 Sunnyside Blvd where the Port-A-Party Mini Warehouse auto-spawns in Sunset Valley. Oops, price was just over 29k... maybe 29,064. It's always fluctuating with the plants.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: It's not so much a rustic cabin as you'd find in the mountains by a lake, but it is an older brick and wood siding beach house very close to the water's edge. The interior furnishings are older and collected from many years of travel all over the globe. Everything that can be upgraded has been. The main book case has complete series for all the main skill books, to include charisma, alchemy, and inventing. It even has a basic martial arts book from their trip to Shang Simla. The old car is almost ready to roll, but that would price the home over 30k; so, one more time working on the car and you'll see another nod to nostalgia.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no, thank you.
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: no cc! no CAP!

Tag! You're it!
    Post edited by ciane on
    That was impressively quick Ciane! What a lovely home you've built for them.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    That was impressively quick Ciane! What a lovely home you've built for them.
    I wasn't still working on the last one like so many others are.

edited December 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM: CHALLENGE 183 The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse

NAME: Jessabeans

LINK TO LOT: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9017870

LINK TO MEDIA: smg.photobucket.com/user/Lissten/slideshow/BuildNShare%20183

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 40x30, 2883 Industrial Drive, Bridgeport §56,924

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:

Are you in need of a lot of space for a modest budget? You need not look any further than the industrial area of Bridgeport. This converted warehouse is full of potential and in need of a new owner to make it their own.

Downstairs in the converted loading bay there is a 1 car garage, two bedrooms with en suite bath. A large loft area that has been divided into a living, dining, kitchen and art stuido space. Upstairs there is a gym as well as a rehersal area and dressing with instruments (drums, keyboard, guitar and base) with a lounge for downtime during rehersals. Two bedrooms with en suite baths upstairs as well. Outdoors you will find the native plants have overcome the old car park but some of the area has been reclaimed for an herb garden, a small sparring area has been set up under the trees.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A
    I appreciate it @Ciane. I am happy I was able to get it uploaded in time for the deadline. I was worried I wouldn't make it.
  • ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    Sadly, as much as I want to finish it, I wont be able to. Work has been insane and I wont have time to finish recoloring things and taking photos till Saturday. Bravo to everyone who made it!
  • hannahc1023hannahc1023 Posts: 55 Member
    Oof, was this due at 12:00am today? Oh well, I'll post anyway :)

OFFICIAL ENTRY #183 The Four Sisters of the Apocalypse

NAME: hannahc1023

LINK TO LOT: not uploaded yet

LINK TO MEDIA: s61.photobucket.com/user/hannahc1023/embed/slideshow/BnS%20Entries/183

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A

LEVEL: Beginner

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 50x50, 2400 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley, 74,804 simoleons (whew!)

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This contemporary villa style home is an expansive 1 story house with 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms. It contains a library/study, gym, dining room, living room, family room, and a kitchen as well as a theater for music and expansive landscaping.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: No CC :)
    You've had your extra week ;) Challenge #183 is now officially closed.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    edited December 2016
    Awww @ISHTARJMD - such a shame you couldn't get your entry in.
    Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    @hannahc1023 - you snuck in under the wire, your entry is valid :D
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @linzlulubell - we did leave you a private message, but as you haven't responded, I'm posting here, hope you don't mind. You never stated which level you wanted to enter in for #BnS183, can you let us know ASAP please, so we can carry on and getting the judging done. If we don't hear from you in 48hrs, we'll place you ourselves, hope that's OK...
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top