March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• 112061112061 Posts: 273 Member
    Ok, I know where to start. Hello! I'm brand new to this mc command center, I had it a couple days ago and now I have deleted all those packages and scripts, downloaded the new all in one file from Mod the Sims, then what I did was open the zip file and select all the packages and scripts and extracted them to my mods folder. I left the resource thing alone. I checked what my mod folder looks like against an earlier post here in this thread and it looks correct. Was this correct? In some directions I saw to cut/paste the packages, but I couldn't see why you would have to extract them, then cut/paste, when you could just extract them in the mods folder. Or am I missing something? I have to say, I'm 55, know my way around the pc just a little, just got windows 10 and a new computer so i am love with this game all over again because it plays so much better..anyway..this center seems so detailed..but what i am looking for is an explanation of each of these things so I can figure out why I would want to do certain things like limit populations or pregnancies, or what cool things I can do specifically..or do I just have to play with it? Any help is appreciated!
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    @112061 Hello! Glad you figured out where to start.
    It sounds like you installed the mod correctly- the cut/paste vs. extract directly into mod folder methods are simply two different ways of doing the same thing and usually end up with the same result.
    As for explanations, I would highly recommend reading the mod's description page. There's a spoiler for each module- click those to open them. You'll get an explanation for each setting in the module.
    For why you would want to do certain things, it really depends on how you play the game. For me as a rotational player, I like to disable relationship decay and all forms of culling- I'm already short on houses the way it is! Disabling relationship decay makes it easier to pick up relationships where they left off when I come back to a household, which is the way I feel it should be. There are also some settings that I don't find useful, like a lot of stuff in the dresser module. Someone who's, let's say, attempting to play a historical-themed game and wants sims only dressed in time-period appropriate clothing might find those settings useful.
    If you're confused about a specific setting or wonder how to do something and the description page doesn't answer your question, feel free to come back and ask!
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I finally decided to download MC and have a bit of fun, and I think I did it correctly but it's not showing up in my game.

I went to modthesims and downloaded McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_2.zip, I created a mods folder in my TS4 folder and I cut&paste the files in the downloaded Deaderpool folder into my mods folder. I've also tried just leaving all the files in the folder and putting that folder in mods but it still won't show.

I've enabled script mods (saved&exited and reentered) but the in-game options at the sim computer and clicking on sims aren't showing up. I think my game isn't recognizing it because in Game Options under Other it does not show anything in View Custom Content under Script Mods. I don't know how that section works though because this is my first time using mods and I've never used cc. My game is up to date.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    How can I a 100% make sure that I can get abducted by aliens
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    112061 wrote: »
    Ok, I know where to start. Hello! I'm brand new to this mc command center, I had it a couple days ago and now I have deleted all those packages and scripts, downloaded the new all in one file from Mod the Sims, then what I did was open the zip file and select all the packages and scripts and extracted them to my mods folder. I left the resource thing alone. I checked what my mod folder looks like against an earlier post here in this thread and it looks correct. Was this correct?

In some directions I saw to cut/paste the packages, but I couldn't see why you would have to extract them, then cut/paste, when you could just extract them in the mods folder. Or am I missing something? I have to say, I'm 55, know my way around the pc just a little, just got windows 10 and a new computer so i am love with this game all over again because it plays so much better..anyway..this center seems so detailed..

but what i am looking for is an explanation of each of these things so I can figure out why I would want to do certain things like limit populations or pregnancies, or what cool things I can do specifically..or do I just have to play with it? Any help is appreciated!

New picture:

52kish.jpg

Here's why, Occult needed an update to handle a "left field" Logging issue. If you're seeing a "Traceback" error in your MC log and don't want your Log files to be overwritten at game load, you need the new file. If your log isn't important to you (OMG!!! :smiley: ), and you don't mind error messages, it's not a HUGE deal.

If your files look like the ones in the pictures, you should be good to go. Do NOT leave the zip anywhere the game might see it. Leave it in Downloads. If you copy it over to /Mods or /Mods/MC (MC will work in either place, but no lower in the file structure than this) to get the files out of it, delete the zip when you have the package and ts4scripts copied out of it.

Nerd reason: zip is a valid script file extension from back in the day. So the game COULD try to pull the info from the zip AND the other files, and that leads to big issues. Don't do it. :p

Mod explanations, go here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

On the Description page, browse downward. You'll see a table listing each of the various modules. And a link to the extra part in its description at the bottom of the list... it isn't on MTS, but it isn't hard to find. (Getting to it may be a thing...known issues with that site... if you want it, try to download it, if it doesn't work, tell me.)

Under that table at MTS MC, you'll see Spoiler Buttons. Look under them. ALL the docs for the various modules are under those buttons.

Take a look at this...

16gwm7r.jpg

Yeah... scroll down and dive in. You'll find a LOT of cool things out.

BTW, white space is awesome. ;)

Hope this helps, start there, and if you have more questions, ask. I have to work part of tonight, but I'll be around, unless I'm at work or asleep.

Good luck, and have fun! :)
    I finally decided to download MC and have a bit of fun, and I think I did it correctly but it's not showing up in my game.

I went to modthesims and downloaded McCmdCenter_AllModules_3_0_2.zip, I created a mods folder in my TS4 folder and I cut&paste the files in the downloaded Deaderpool folder into my mods folder. I've also tried just leaving all the files in the folder and putting that folder in mods but it still won't show.

I've enabled script mods (saved&exited and reentered) but the in-game options at the sim computer and clicking on sims aren't showing up. I think my game isn't recognizing it because in Game Options under Other it does not show anything in View Custom Content under Script Mods. I don't know how that section works though because this is my first time using mods and I've never used cc. My game is up to date.

You have to check BOTH boxes. Well, if you check one, they both turn green.

i6mcue.jpg

If it looks like that and it STILL won't work, I don't know. If it just isn't showing the box as you go into the game, on this window click that View Custom Content button... the actual window has a check box you can tick to make it NOT show up on game load, but if you clear that box you'll see it again, IF this is what happened. But I think it's more likely you don't have both boxes enabled, really.

Hope this helps! :) (Running out of time for the night, now.)
    How can I a 100% make sure that I can get abducted by aliens

Go look at the Description page, under the Occult Module spoiler buttons. There's a list of rules there. If your sim passes all of them, it should work. Also, settings you can change to increase the chances are detailed in a table there, too.
    Thanks everyone! I have to work today so I will read everything before playing this afternoon. My folder looks different than @egwarhammer . I do not have a mc settings file or the dresser.bak, and all of mine say either script or package at the end. I think I will read everything from the links you have shown and then figure out what the heck i'm doing. My main concerns were the people culling and relationship culling because i play with several families...its silly but I live in europe (i am american) and homesick a lot, so I have all my brothers families, cousins,etc lol and every time I have to start a new game I couldnt figure out how to have them all related again so I would start over with the original family, marry them off, etc lol took forever, and ... then the game would go wonky and I'd eventually get fed up and start a new game. I know it sounds strange but its a bit of a relief...it gets so repetitive starting over, except I always upload one house with a full perfect garden so I can add it to the city and get the goodies right away lol Thanks again everyone for being so helpful and kind, I love this forum.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited December 2016
    ...In some directions I saw to cut/paste the packages, but I couldn't see why you would have to extract them, then cut/paste, when you could just extract them in the mods folder. Or am I missing something?...

Please make sure that you don't have the zip-file(s) from the download and the unzipped files in the Mod folder. The game is able to extract zip-files on its own and in that case you will end up with a two-times loaded MC, which would of course cause trouble. That's why extracting them in a separate folder and c&p is a good way to deal with the installation.

And btw: It's also helpful to create a subfolder named MC in the Mods directory to make things a bit more clearly.

...My folder looks different than @egwarhammer . I do not have a mc settings file or the dresser.bak, and all of mine say either script or package at the end...

That's OK. Those files will be created by the mod when they are needed for the first time. As for the file extensions (*.ts4script, *.package): It's a Windows folder setting to hide them (Windows Explorer > View > Options > Folder Options > View > Advanced Settings > Hide file extension). In a windows vanilla installation hiding them is the default setting.

....My main concerns were the people culling and relationship culling because i play with several families...

To access the MCCC configuration menu you need a computer from the buy mode on the lot where you are. If there is none, buy one. Which one doesn't matter. A tablet is also fine, but has first to be moved from the inventory and placed somewhere on the lot.

For altering culling behavior, have a look at the following settings:
    • Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling
    • Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling

✘ Attention!
    For the second option "Bypass Sim Culling" you need the MC Population Module loaded and the option "Use Custom Population" enabled.
    You can find it in Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Use Custom Population

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#howto #MCCC #MCCleaner #relationshipculling
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    edited December 2016
    WissaWolf wrote: »
    ...So as for the homeless settings, how many single family NPCs will need to be generated for job roles in the base game? Currently, it is now correctly set to 0 and have 13 families. I heard that more than one will generate for the same thing, such as mailman. Is there a way to limit it? I was also wondering if it was possible to use my own creations to be assigned these roles, custom single sims...

Unfortunately there is no way to control the townie spawning when the game core decides that there is a need to fill a role. You configured the Maximum Homeless setting and this is all you can do. Also there is no possibility to directly assign already created sims to those roles.

I don't like this too, so here is what I'm doing: If I enter for example one of the Karaoke Bars in CL, there is need for a mixologist. The game looks whether there is already a suitable sim, if not a new one is spawned. I don't delete them, I edit them in the way I prefer them. And most important, I only edit the appearance, not the aspirations, traits or skills. Next time a mixologist is needed the game will probably choose the edited one. This works - more or less. Sometimes despite of having dozens of suitable candidates the game core decides for whatever reason to spawn a new one.

In respect of CL I might say that it's OK if the game spawns in the beginning new townies, for example the food stall vendors. In the end I assume that there is a need for about 10 to 20 new townies to fill the vacant new roles of the EP.

As for the MCCC settings for reduced townie generating: according to your files your settings are fine.
    • You have the setting "Population_UseCustom": true from MC Command Center > MC Population > Use Custom Population. This is everything you need.
    • You could reduce the value "Population_MaximumHomeless": 10 down to 1 (one) in MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless, but this does not affect the spawning of mandatory sims.

You might have a look on @Deaderpool's comment from the MTS page:
    [...]The homeless population happens by replacing the Sim(s) that Sims 4 is requesting with Sim(s) specific to the settings. From my personal testing, 99% of the time, this is a single Sim. This is due to Sims 4 requesting a jogger...or a walker...or a mailman...it's kind of insane really. How many jogger/walker/mailmen do you need?! I just intercept the request from Sims 4 for whatever and replace the request with our own Sim request. This functionality runs automatically, so there are no command-line actions for mc_population but below are the settings...[...]

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    One quick question @Bonxie (first of all, THANK YOU), if i want to bypass sim culling, what do i set the custom population to? Thanks in advance.
    edited November 2016
    One quick question @Bonxie (first of all, THANK YOU), if i want to bypass sim culling, what do i set the custom population to? Thanks in advance.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Use Custom Population
    This value has to be set to "enabled".
    It's some sort of circuit breaker. If it's disabled, the MC story progression is completely turned off and Maxis default is used instead.

Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Other Settings > Bypass Sim Culling
    This value has to be set to "enabled".
    I just noticed that I missed the "Other Settings" in the path description in my previos post. My bad, sorry for causing confusion. Post is revised.

********** edit **********

And btw there is another mistake in the previous post:

It's
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling
    and not
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > Other Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Culling

The faulty one refers to outdated MC v2.16 - please ignore. This happens if you rely too much on c&p. Once again my apologies.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I had this happen after removing the mouse holes using MCC
    11-25-16_5-12-50nbspPM_zps0ggzt8t0.pngit was still there after I closed my game took out the mods and shut down my computer, then I started my comp and restarted my game without the MCC without any mods,( MCC was the only one in my folder.) But it was still there.
    also while that was still there I went to another apartment with mice and tried the cheat again, it didn't work, they were still there.

does anyone know why I might have a black monolith in my game?? I really don't want mice or rats in my game and its a great cheat to get rid of them, but I cant play with a monolith either. Has this happened to anyone else using this cheat??
    I can't wait to get home and try things out, thinking about sneaking out of work lol Thanks again for all the help
    I had this happen after removing the mouse holes using MCC
    11-25-16_5-12-50nbspPM_zps0ggzt8t0.pngit was still there after I closed my game took out the mods and shut down my computer, then I started my comp and restarted my game without the MCC without any mods,( MCC was the only one in my folder.) But it was still there.
    also while that was still there I went to another apartment with mice and tried the cheat again, it didn't work, they were still there.

does anyone know why I might have a black monolith in my game?? I really don't want mice or rats in my game and its a great cheat to get rid of them, but I cant play with a monolith either. Has this happened to anyone else using this cheat??

What cheat? No idea. I haven't seen new cheats yet. Or mice in apartments. Or MUCH about apartments, really.

@rosemow may know... I've seen "monolith" posts like yours before, but I didn't know then I'd need to remember the answer. >.<

I am not yet your go-to person for new EP happenings, I really haven't played with San M enough to know what's normal and what isn't.

And AFAIK my off week has been cut short. Worked part of a shift last night, and may be called in for tonight, too. Waiting to see. Definitely NOT working 2nd shift Sunday, Burke wants me on 3rd instead (woot!!!), he said if Doris comes in too, we can both work. Meh. She evidently pulled a last minute "I'm out" on them... not cool. I'll take the money, and I won't leave Donna working alone. I have work ethic... why does that seem to be in short supply, any more?

IF I work tonight, that puts me on track for 10 in a row. :o I can do it, although I may need to do a half shift toward the end of the stretch, if Jeffrey doesn't mind... although really, I'm more likely to go hang out with him and be a warm body (even if I don't really DO much, at that point), than I am to leave him on his own.

Sweet. @112061 (interesting "name"... :p ) mentioned "work" so now I'm not so much off topic. Haha!

Don't skip out. I just ragged about my coworker for doing that. :smiley: (Game'll be there. ;) )
    edited December 2016
    ...does anyone know why I might have a black monolith in my game?? I really don't want mice or rats in my game and its a great cheat to get rid of them, but I cant play with a monolith either. Has this happened to anyone else using this cheat??...

Sorry, never seen before. But pretty often it's helpful to reset your user data. It's a good method to cure all sorts of weird game effects.

Before you start make a backup copy of your user data. Copy the complete "The Sims 4" folder (normally in C:\Users\<username>\documents\Electronic Arts) to a save location, e. g. a USB stick or a USB hard drive. Then disconnect your backup media from your PC.

➽ How to reset your user data:
    1. Exit your game
    2. Move the complete "The Sims 4" folder from C:\Users\<username>\documents\Electronic Arts e. g. to your desktop.
    3. Start your game - it will generate a new vanilla "The Sims 4" folder in your Windows user profile.
    4. Test your game. The error should not appear any more.
    5. Shut down your game
    6. Go to the desktop and copy the file "Options.ini" and the folders "Mods" and "Saves" back to the new vanilla "The Sims 4" folder.
    7. Start your game
    8. Test again with your saves and mods. Hopefully the error still don't appear.
    9. Shut down your game
    10. Copy the folder "Tray" back to your "The Sims 4" folder. Don't forget the folders "Screenshots", "Recorded Videos" and "Custom Music" if you use them.

#howto #resetuserdata #MCCC
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited November 2016
    using MCC you can use the debug enabled option, shift click on mouse holes pipes and electric boxes and there gone. another simmer told me this, so I installed MCC and followed the instructions. and the holes went but this black sheet appeared. I deleted the game. and started a fresh game without MCC, I wont bother trying to get rid of them until EA come up with an option to have them or not. I posted this to find out if anyone else has had this happen in their game, and to warn others this could happen when getting rid of the holes.
    this link tells you how to get rid of them using MCC, but back up your game first or go try it in a new world save, but back up your game first.
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/09/the-sims-4-city-living-how-to-get-rid-of-apartment-issues/
    omg I have to say thank you again to you folks! I now see what you meant when you said I could read about each module by expanding the little paragraph thing on mod the sims...oh thanks a million!
    edited December 2016
    using MCC you can use the debug enabled option, shift click on mouse holes pipes and electric boxes and there gone. another simmer told me this, so I installed MCC and followed the instructions. and the holes went but this black sheet appeared. I deleted the game. and started a fresh game without MCC, I wont bother trying to get rid of them until EA come up with an option to have them or not. I posted this to find out if anyone else has had this happen in their game, and to warn others this could happen when getting rid of the holes.
    this link tells you how to get rid of them using MCC, but back up your game first or go try it in a new world save, but back up your game first.
    http://simscommunity.info/2016/11/09/the-sims-4-city-living-how-to-get-rid-of-apartment-issues/

Debug mode is not a MCCC feature, although it looks like being one. You can see it the way you use it: you have to Shift-Click on an object or your sim to get access to debug options.

If you want to use MCCC features, you have to click (without Shift) on your sim/computer/mailbox and then you choose MC Command Center from the pie menu.

Debug mode is made by Maxis, it's always in game, but normally it's hidden. Only thing MC does, is to give you the option to unhide it, e. g. by following the instructions given in the link you posted. It's meant to help the devs to set up a suitable scenario to easily identify issues in game coding. There is no documentation for these functions, so nobody knows, what really happens, if you use them. You might say, debug options are hidden on purpose.

But I have to admit, I use them frequently, especially the "Cheat Sim Info" functions.

#DebugCommands #MCCC #Howto
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • LillyRain354LillyRain354 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, so I've used this mod a lot lately since I couldn't get pregnancy mega mod to work and it has a lot of useful stuff. Just one thing that I seem to have a problem with and can't figure out how to fix is the random townies moving into empty lots and they keep having babies, which I also don't want to happen. So I'm just curious how to fix these things since I never had this happen till I installed the mod.
    edited December 2016
    Hi, so I've used this mod a lot lately since I couldn't get pregnancy mega mod to work and it has a lot of useful stuff. Just one thing that I seem to have a problem with and can't figure out how to fix is the random townies moving into empty lots and they keep having babies, which I also don't want to happen. So I'm just curious how to fix these things since I never had this happen till I installed the mod.

Welcome to the forum and to MCCC :)

CL brought a lot of free apartments and houses. Increase the number of open houses. Try a value of 40.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Open Houses

Check whether homeless pregnancy is disabled
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Allow Homeless Pregnancy

Reduce the possible number of homeless sims. Try a value of 1.
    Computer/Tablet: MC Command Center > MC Population > Population Settings > Maximum Homeless

I use these settings in my own game and it seems to work. No invasion so far... ;)

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Population #Homeless #Townies #Pregnancy
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    @feetinstockings I just PM'd @SimGuruNick a link to your post here about the Monolith. Surely he or rosemow will come up with something. I wish I could remember where else I'd seen pictures like that, it was here somewhere.

Six hours sleep, I guess I'm as ready as I can get, for whatever I end up doing with my night (work or play). I'm kind of "on call" here.

Burke said tomorrow night *I* could pick, whether I wanted to run the register or be on the floor, if Doris comes in, too. I'mma stick her up front and go STRAIGHTEN. :p I like it, and I do more of it. True fact. I get preference because I'm doing him a favor, coming in during my week off. ;)
    It is SUCH a cool thing, having a job that's like a "home away from home"... if I'm up anyway and rested, I *never* mind going in to help them out. They're appreciative. I like that. Looking good at work is sweet. o:)
    Just tried the mousehole-removal here, it worked fine for me. Poofed out, no big black thing. Clueless. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top