Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hanne ~ Come sit by the fire :)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    Bookie ~ Thanks for all the nice comments :) I'm glad you like everything!

Arica ~ I really love that I've discovered post player. It's a lot of fun! I also think it can add a different dynamic to pictures that isn't otherwise there :)

Hanne ~ I'm glad you like Liza :) You are very welcome for Kia, Liza, and the story <3
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm absolutely loving the collaboration between you and @Shannen, tanu! Astrid and Skitter are lovely and I really like that Esmerelda House is unconventional. It's perfect for them! What a beautiful job you both did - I've got everything rec'd!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    That is a GREAT spider house (even though I normally hate spiders), and Astrid is so cute and adorable! I love the fact that it's a good, and not an evil, witch living in that house. :)
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Really creative shape of Esmerelda House, different indeed! Astrid and Skitter look lovely and really have a nice place to live :o
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I loved the story of Esmeralda! Too awesome and that spider door is perfect! Love the landscaping, the sim, and the familiar as well.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your compiments :) I miss Esmerelda now that I'm back in my childhood home. The wall was changed as was the window and we had insulation put into the attic so the spiders don't have the same living space lol I don't mind if they are in the garage or outside just stay out of the house please! lol ;)
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Your collaboration with Shannen is creative and filled with inspiration/imagination! The story of Esmerelda the spider was a nice bonus share and the house suits Astrid perfectly... gotta love the quirky characters. <3 the kitchen with the cauldron, hadn't thought of doing that before. Wonderful landscaping and the "spitting" snail made me laugh (at least I think it was a snail sculpture piece... going to have to download and peek into all the nooks & crannies).
  • Options
    The 'spitting snail' is actually the shell fountain lol I'm proud of how many things you're now trying in your game Addy! :) It was fun working with Shannen from the brainstorming to the creating.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Wow, Esmerelda is definitely one of the most unique homes I've seen in a very long time! And so full of fun stuff to do! It suits Astrid and Skitter perfectly. ;) Speaking of...Astrid and Skitter are adorable! Such a cute cat, and witches are always a blast. Really like all the greens you used, too!
  • Options
    Wow, Esmerelda is definitely one of the most unique homes I've seen in a very long time! And so full of fun stuff to do! It suits Astrid and Skitter perfectly. ;) Speaking of...Astrid and Skitter are adorable! Such a cute cat, and witches are always a blast. Really like all the greens you used, too!

Thanks Bookie :) It was a lot of fun to create and once I thought of Esmerelda it had to be done. After Shannen sent me Astrid and Skitter it made it even easier. Greens my favorite color so it was easy to use lol
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    @tanubanue and @Shannen

Wow! :hushed: That is such an amazing collaboration! So sweet of both of you <3

Astrid and Skitter (I love those name, by the way! Especially Skitter; now I want to adopt another kitty in RL and call it Skitter, hehe :wink: ) look like so much fun to play with! Astrid is gorgeous; that's one of my favorite hairstyes :blush: and Skitter is a darling that I wish I could hug through the screen :wink:

And OH MY GOODNESS, Esmerelda is stunning! That's such a cool idea! I've never been one for spiders (there are plenty of scary ones here in Australia haha!) but this house is amazing and perfect for a sim like Astrid :smile: I'm so amazed that sort of build is possible; it definitely would make people stop and stare in wonder if they passed it, and it's just as amazing inside as it is outside :smile: I'm especially in love with that bathroom; the wallpaper and the tiles are great and I always adore that jug with flowers decor item!

Also, cowplant <3 Hehe :smile:

Coolest house in the neighbourhood, that's for sure! By the way, I really enjoyed reading about your spider friend when you were little :smile:

Thank you both so much for this amazing gift; I feel so grateful to have friends like you <3

And thank you tanu for all the wonderful gifts up until now; I'm excited to try out these things in game that are new to me :smile:
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    The sims and builds look amazing. Lots of recs for you!
  • Options
    @tanubanue and @Shannen

Astrid and Skitter (I love those name, by the way! Especially Skitter; now I want to adopt another kitty in RL and call it Skitter, hehe :wink: ) look like so much fun to play with! Astrid is gorgeous; that's one of my favorite hairstyes :blush: and Skitter is a darling that I wish I could hug through the screen :wink:

And OH MY GOODNESS, Esmerelda is stunning! That's such a cool idea! I've never been one for spiders (there are plenty of scary ones here in Australia haha!) but this house is amazing and perfect for a sim like Astrid :smile: I'm so amazed that sort of build is possible; it definitely would make people stop and stare in wonder if they passed it, and it's just as amazing inside as it is outside :smile: I'm especially in love with that bathroom; the wallpaper and the tiles are great and I always adore that jug with flowers decor item!

Coolest house in the neighbourhood, that's for sure! By the way, I really enjoyed reading about your spider friend when you were little :smile:

Thank you both so much for this amazing gift; I feel so grateful to have friends like you <3

And thank you tanu for all the wonderful gifts up until now; I'm excited to try out these things in game that are new to me :smile:

I've heard you guys have giant spiders there, lol But never fear this one only wants to keep Astrid and Skitter sheltered and warm :)

I hadn't thought about Esmerelda in quite awhile and it brought back some neat memories.

And the cow plant well Shannen just had to....lol....you know why!

I'm happy you liked everything and that you're looking forward to trying a few things out. Hugs <3 Smiles :)

• Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »
    @tanubanue and @Shannen

I've heard you guys have giant spiders there, lol But never fear this one only wants to keep Astrid and Skitter sheltered and warm :)

I hadn't thought about Esmerelda in quite awhile and it brought back some neat memories.

And the cow plant well Shannen just had to....lol....you know why!

I'm happy you liked everything and that you're looking forward to trying a few things out. Hugs <3 Smiles :)

Luckily, we don't tend to get too many gigantic spiders where I live. Unluckily, several of the smaller ones are quite nasty! Red-back and white-tailed spiders are horrible XD The only spiders I feel neutral enough towards to let them stay in the house are daddy long legs; everything has to go immediately! Misty is great at alerting us to their presence :smile:

Esmerelda is a MUCH nicer spider :blush: Astris and Skitter are very lucky to have such a nice spider-house! :smile:

I have to make a conscious effort not to stick a cow plant in everything I build LOL! Still working on a remake of the cowplant cottage I made a long time ago hehe. <3 cow plants!
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I have to make a conscious effort not to stick a cow plant in everything I build LOL! Still working on a remake of the cowplant cottage I made a long time ago hehe. <3 cow plants!
    The problem with cowplants is how easily they die! I placed an evil witch cottage once in a world I was playing (I placed an evil witch in that cottage, too, of course), and when I checked that house some game days later, the cowplant was a skeleton. :(

There's a mod that someone made, that I absolutely need, that keeps them alive much longer. The Sims 4 version of the mod is an absolute necessity in that game. At least in Sims 3, if you're off your lot you can check on things and make sure they don't die, but in Sims 4, if you are off your lot, time still passes, but you can't do anything about it. If you leave your lot for even a day, the cowplant dies. It's really horrible and sad. :(

If you don't have a mod like that, the cowplants in both games become extremely high maintenance, and therefore frustrating. To me, at least.