Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decades Challenge

Comments

• sauwakfsauwakf Posts: 31 Member
    Can't wait to try this out!!
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    the only thing i was a little confused about was that for the first gen you do have a family or just a heir? what i'm thinking is that you have a heir. also I believe in the 1890's there was paint for the walls but like the ones with the wood on them too. Though that may not be correct as that I know that from Black Butler :P but this sounds like a lot of fun!
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
  • ThatVocaloidGirlThatVocaloidGirl Posts: 105 Member
    @Pandaful said: I really like the idea of this but I'm having massive troubles finding 1800's clothing. I'm assuming that's Victorian. If you happen to see this, any chance you could give me a hand with some matching CC for time periods?
    Thanks. :)

Yes that era is Victorian if you didn't know :3 though I don't know about CC but I'm sure if you just search victorian where you find CC you can get some :3
    2794070.jpg
    Orgin ID: animedemigod
    Packs owned: City life, Get together, Get to work, Vampire
    Current Challenges: Runaway Teen challenge https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/916130/im-your-lost-puzzle-piece-a-runaway-teen-challenge#latest I'm Your Lost Puzzle Piece
  • RedbeardRedbeard Posts: 3 New Member
    Just started this one up. Been trying to figure out what to do for jobs for my 1900s generation.
    With 8 children, limiting them to just full musician, culinary 5, and business 6 seems rather limiting.
    Just wondering what the logic was for limiting this. Thanks!
  • KatburrisKatburris Posts: 3 New Member
    how did you get the clothing and wooden furniture for the first decade?
  • KatburrisKatburris Posts: 3 New Member
    RinAx813 wrote: »
    I really want to try this out when I get home and Maybe record it if I have the time! Does anyone have really good sites for some custom content for clothes?

Started the challenge, I have 2 boys so that's good! I'm just doing a run through of it first, but so far its awesome. But who becomes the heir?

the sims resource has good CC stuff. and its trustworthy so yeah :3
  • QuiteIzzzyQuiteIzzzy Posts: 293 Member
    Very nicely done. You had a very deep thought about it. I wish we see historical periods in the Sims someday.^^'
    I'm not totally worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Adorno Family from Rebuilding Worlds
  • Angelbunny1998Angelbunny1998 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just started playing the Decades Challenge and I am in 1890. But I keep having trouble with my fun it keeps going down and I can't figure out what will work for 1890 for the fun. So please help.
  • MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member
    This is a very nice challenge. My sims love the molding clay. I wish we had jobs like in the sims 3 ambitions.
    For-forum.jpg
  • KristalSimsKristalSims Posts: 213 Member
    @zombiecleo what a great idea. I'm going to try this challenge and do a series on my YT channel. Looking for CC clothing for the 1890s. Any suggestions??
    kristalsims-banner.jpg

• buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    I just started playing the Decades Challenge and I am in 1890. But I keep having trouble with my fun it keeps going down and I can't figure out what will work for 1890 for the fun. So please help.

Maybe reading books?
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    This is one decade per generation, yes? I assume it is, but I just want to confirm, as I don't see it said specifically anywhere.
    giphy.gif
  • slopitchplayerslopitchplayer Posts: 3 New Member
    started playing this i have three children and guess what they are all girls, not looking good for carrying on the name. for those having a hard time with keeping the fun up in the 1890's books and playing the violin works pretty good just takes forever to do. Do i risk it and try again for a boy?
    well i finally got my boy so i have three girls and one boy.. holy its hard taking care of of that many people.. full house 2 adults,1 teen,3 children
  • VintageHorizonsVintageHorizons Posts: 92 Member
    Definitely up for this challenge.
    It would totally be awesome if they made a "Victorian Era" expansion pack! I love the Victorian era.
    tumblr_na1qnrADue1qc1250o1_500.gif
    update my oldest child (female) got married moved out and is pregnant.which was a task and a half to do. my second oldest is aging up the next time i play, so she will get married and move out. did anyone else end up creating your own sims for your household to marry. didn't like any of the choice.feeling a bit over whelmed
  • Kawaii_Gamer_PlaysKawaii_Gamer_Plays Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm currently doing this in sims 3 it works pretty well! I can't wait how to see how it turns out. Don't have a cow plant though. Any idea's you have on how i could make my children go to war? I was thinking sending them to a boarding school since i have Generations. What do you think i should do?
  • AngelAriesAngelAries Posts: 57 Member
    Okay. So I'm currently starting this out after spending *hours* (Like, literally) emptying neighborhoods and then fiddling with them so that all family homes fit the bill of 1890's style, family dress, etc....

And I was wondering if the children could possibly have the Social trait. Cause I don't see why not? Or maybe, to pick it if you finish the first trait? Just a thought!
  • PracticallyasimPracticallyasim Posts: 40 Member
    Did you use any mods? If so do you have the links?
  • Galecygamergal_1018Galecygamergal_1018 Posts: 1 New Member
    I like this challenge I have tried it and its really cool.
  • crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm working on gen 2 of my Disney Princess Legacy and my heir just had twins :s so I'm going to take a break from it and start this! Found it from Enygma on YouTube. Will check out your Decades Challenge too @ZombieCleo :)

I mostly use The Sims Resource stuff. There's not a ton for the era, but I've found enough to get by. :smile: Finding stuff for the kids was even harder, so I just played through.

Also: I'm playing first three Gen's on Short lifespan bc it seems more fitting. Then four Gen's for Med, etc.

I mostly use The Sims Resource stuff. There's not a ton for the era, but I've found enough to get by. :smile: Finding stuff for the kids was even harder, so I just played through.

Also: I'm playing first three Gen's on Short lifespan bc it seems more fitting. Then four Gen's for Med, etc.
  • pancreasmegpancreasmeg Posts: 9 New Member
    I've played a few decades on their own but would like to do it legacy style. I will be changing a lot of these restrictions to make it more accurate.
  • sevdebenlisevdebenli Posts: 2 New Member
    how could ı do this challenge in the sims 3??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top